It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Your Age - Your Wife/Fiancee/GF's Age:

You: As old as TurboGuy - Her: 20-30-40+ years younger!
You: 60-65+ - Her: 10-20 years younger
You: 60-65+ - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 60-65+ - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 55-60 - Her: 20+ years younger
You: 55-60 - Her: 15-20 years younger
You: 55-60 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 55-60 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 55-60 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 50-55 - Her: 20+ years younger
You: 50-55 - Her: 15-20 years younger
You: 50-55 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 50-55 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 50-55 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 45-50 - Her: 20+ years younger
You: 45-50 - Her: 15-20 years younger
You: 45-50 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 45-50 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 45-50 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 40-45 - Her: 20+ years younger
You: 40-45 - Her: 15-20 years younger
You: 40-45 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 40-45 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 40-45 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 35-40 - Her: 20+ years younger
You: 35-40 - Her: 15-20 years younger
You: 35-40 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 35-40 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 35-40 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 30-35 - Her: 15+ years younger
You: 30-35 - Her: 10-15 years younger
You: 30-35 - Her: 5-10 years younger
You: 30-35 - Her: 0-5 years younger
You: 25-30 - Her: 7+ years younger
You: 25-30 - Her: 5+ years younger
You: 25-30 - Her: 3-5 years younger
You: 25-30 - Her: Same Age
Both of us are under 25
"Other" - She's Older (and wiser!) than me
I'm a RW and my man is the pefect age!
I'm a RW and think ALL you guys are on crack!

Author Topic: RWD "Private" Age Poll...  (Read 28410 times)

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
RWD "Private" Age Poll...
« on: May 16, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »
I know "Age" is both a personal and sensitive topic for all - But thought with over 1000 members (not all married I understand) - that an "private" poll might help shed some light as to "age differences" here on the board without revealing any family secrets :)

I was hoping to add more data lines about "times visited" and "length of marriage" etc. - but this turned out to be quite a project as is - Will save those for another poll.

I also understand that there is "overlap" with age groups - But if she is 30, and 11 months y.o.  round up (or down) as needed aye? :D

Should be interesting!

Cheers-

KB

PS: Was thinking - Should make "Married and Engaged" only - but am curious about those that are in a commited relationship thinking it will lead to marriage - That may skew the numbers a little, but am wanting more than 20 replies LOL)

This is just to get a feel for those out there...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 04:58:31 PM by Killer-B »
"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: RWD "Private" Age Poll...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »
is this poll prompted by a 22 year old visiting ?   ;D

it seems to be a strange coincedence!!  LOL

(Dont mind me, i'm just razzin' ya)

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:15:46 PM »
Well.........................  :o (sheepishly kicks chair)

Can't say it came from *THIS* 22 y.o. --- But, "Ms. Almaty" just happens to be 22 as well.. :noidea: so who knows what my motives are?! :) LOL

Actually, both here and on RWG - it's been 'bugging me' to know who is who and what age THEY'VE gone for whilst doling out advice... Of course, I have no idea who voted for what here... but seems the 15-20 year old difference is taking a slight lead :D LOL...

Offline Daknack

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:25:15 AM »
I thought about a 15-20 year old difference, but I dont like 10 year olds or the idea of jail.  Id like to sleep with sexy old with a speaking russian than Big Bubba Speaking ebonics sweet nothings in my ear.  I think an interesting way of looking at the info is how many men went for women over the age of 26-28 (the age most women get nutty and have thier "midlife crisis" [least this seems the age in the us]).  I could probably do it from this data, but Im too sleepy and even if I wasnt Im too lazy to do the math.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:01:32 AM »
I was the first vote in my category  ;D
But I think to use reverse aging strategy. By the time I am 20 years older if something goes wrong I will look for someone 10 years younger than my fiancee is now. Turboguy will be my hero then  :)
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:35 AM »
An interesting but somewhat simple observation. Based upon the results so far, which are limited:
Age differences:
20+   3 men seeking women in this group
15-20   9men
10-15   9 men
5-10     3 men

Age of men:
30-35  4
40-45  12
50-55  3
55-60  4

Results? One, most men seeking an RW are older. Two, they seek younger women. What a surprise! But more interesting, is the fact that the 'envelope' of age differences is creeping upward (assuming success actually happens). So those ladies who are, say 35 (ish)  and are seeking a guy in his early/late forties, might want to think about adding some years to the back end of their expectations. Of course I am a statistical ignoramus, and anything can be interpreted any which way, but it would be nice to see more people participate on this and if anyone out there is  qualified to do more analysis I'm sure we would all like to see those results.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
An interesting but somewhat simple observation. Based upon the results so far, which are limited:
Age differences:
20+   3 men seeking women in this group
15-20   9men
10-15   9 men
5-10     3 men

Age of men:
30-35  4
40-45  12
50-55  3
55-60  4

Results? One, most men seeking an RW are older. Two, they seek younger women. What a surprise! But more interesting, is the fact that the 'envelope' of age differences is creeping upward (assuming success actually happens). So those ladies who are, say 35 (ish)  and are seeking a guy in his early/late forties, might want to think about adding some years to the back end of their expectations. Of course I am a statistical ignoramus, and anything can be interpreted any which way, but it would be nice to see more people participate on this and if anyone out there is  qualified to do more analysis I'm sure we would all like to see those results.

Certainly, the more contributors to the poll, the more "valid" the results should be - however - the simple fact is, polls here will NEVER be more than simply interesting information and should never be construed as indicative of the population at large. Reason is - the demographic of people who come to this board is not representative of the general population (just ask LP  :-*).

That said, with 23 votes, we have a pretty good response already. Some boards which boast of MUCH larger memberships than RWD often gain less than 20 votes in the polls they run. Just as a point of perspective.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline jb

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:10:08 AM »
I find such polls interesting only in that they tend to prove the already obvious, that the men who go down this path are mostly those men who have already been married and divorced,, at least once.  Hence the age of the grooms will tend to be over 40'ish and the age of the bride is going to be whatever the old geezer can deal with.  (or sweet talk into)

Nothing in the way of new revelations here.

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:36:45 AM »
....they tend to prove the already obvious...

...Nothing in the way of new revelations here.

The Pink Elephant in the Room

jb - of course this was going to be "obvious" - As mentioned in my starter post, this was purely done out of curiosity....

As far as "No new revelations" - I think we all could pretty much guess the outcome before the 1st vote was ever cast - However, that was not the point for doing this... I really was curious to "see" who was what here...

Secondly, how many "age difference" threads are running (ad nauseam!) on here and "other boards"? It's a dead horse topic for sure! - BUT - When one reads those threads, how many are interjected with math formulas, (divide your age - add 7 etc.) or "it won't work!" or "you're an idiot for seeking a gal over 20 years" yada yada yada... No one sees (or admits to) the Pink Elephant in the room (IMHumbleO) Just look at the grief I'm getting for meeting this 22 y.o. LOL :P

My point was (and is being played out here) that guys DO look for a gal 15-20+ years "younger".... So why the double standard when posting about this on boards? :noidea:

As a side note --- In looking at the poll now - I forgot 2 things too: "Women" (Oops! sorry Rose, Elen, et all) .... and was also thinking I should have made a "Turboguy" category ROTF!! (JK TG) :D

Cheers -

KB
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:43:23 AM by Killer-B »

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 07:27:05 PM »
.... So why the double standard when posting about this on boards? :noidea:

:noidea: Lil and I were 27/37 when we met and now 31/41 so I voted using our current stats: 40-45 and she's 5-10 yrs younger....where's the double standard?  :angel:
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Killer-B

Re: RWD Private Age Poll...
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 04:46:50 AM »
Alright - You got me there Jet ;)  - Actually, seems 5-10 is gaining!

Am happy to see this poll getting some hits though - and am very surprised to see that we have 1 "under 25" voter! Here I thought Daknack was the baby on the block!!! :)

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 04:51:24 AM »
Just a note regarding the poll. There is a problem with the age ranges. I am 45 so I could vote in the 40 - 45 range or in the 45 - 50 range. Seems that the choice that I make will all depend on if I woke up feeling 42 today or 47... ;D

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 05:07:29 AM »
Yeah Ken - This morning I'm feeling 60 here! LOL - but I did make a note about the "overlap" in the opening post... I had 40+ "options" (originally 60) but that would have had DaKnack marrying a 10 y.o. LOL - It was getting kinda confusing to do 10-14 / 15-19 / 20-24 or do you go to 15 and 20 and 25? Had to draw a line somewhere... Someone suggested doing a "years married" and "kids" and "how long dated" poll too - Unfortunately there is little room for expansion using this software (for multiple topics that *I* could see)... :noidea: Hey, it's my first "Poll" ever - so - gotta cut me a little slack :)

Back to your point - Are you 45 and 1 month - Or 45 and 11 months? And round accordingly ...  I remember when I turned 40 - I just refused to accept it!! LOL I was 39 and 13 months - then 39 and 14 months and so on... Now I am 39 and 37 months :P

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 05:22:48 AM »
Killer,

Yes, you did say that in the original note. See how my Old Timers Disease is acting up this morning! 30 was the one for me. I just couldn't leave 29 behind. 40 was just another day and as I was single at the time it was easy to let it slip by unnoticed. Now with a 5 (almost 6) year old running at full tilt all the time I think I fluxuate between 35 and 75. Great Googly Moogly! I wish I had that energy!!!

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Bruce

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:53:38 AM »
Ken, I am 45 as well, but since my birthday is the very end of September I voted in the 45 to 50 age bracket.  I figure if you are less than 45 1/2 than go for the younger, but if you are more than 45 1/2 go for the higher bracket.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline jb

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

There was not a catagory for 60-65+ and her age 40 years younger.  I just think it was mean of you to not give Turboguy a place to vote.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »
Bruce,

That was how I voted too, being born in the first half of the year I went into the 40-45 category. Just had a flash of CRS this morning and didn't go back and read the first post by Killer talking about the flex in the poll.

jb,

You dog you... ;D

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline KenC

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »
Killer,
Another thing to keep in mind is that (I think) your poll asks for the current ages and some of us have been together for a while now. I am 54 today, but I was 46 when I met my now wife. Of course the age difference will remain the same.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 03:02:18 AM »

There was not a catagory for 60-65+ and her age 40 years younger.  I just think it was mean of you to not give Turboguy a place to vote.  ;D ;D ;D

Yep, that is why I did not vote jb.  No catagory for me.  I feel left out.  Actually maybe we all just like FSU women in their 20's so the 35 year olds have 5-10 year differences, the 45 year olds have 15-20 year  differences and then there is me. 

Actaully I didn't vote because I am girlfriendless at the moment.  I can see I need to hurry up before the voting ends.   I have time for at least one more trip before the deadline, maybe two. 

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 03:28:55 AM »
Consider yourself part of the party now Turbo :) Poll adjusted...

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 04:59:36 AM »
It took me 10 minutes to stop laughing enough to post a response.  Thanks Killer, now I really feel like I belong. 

I just hope I don't disappoint everyone and end up with the 45 year old I am meeting on my next trip or the 38 year old I will be meeting on my second trip.  Let me see the next trip is a 45 year old, a 38 year old, a 36 year old and of course a 25 year old and 23 year old. 

Now I just need to find "the one" so I can vote.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 06:42:54 AM »
I am 54 today, but I was 46 when I met my now wife.
Damn you are old, almost as old as Clyde.

Offline KenC

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 07:28:02 AM »
Damn you are old, almost as old as Clyde.
"Almost" only counts in horseshoes and handgranades Clyde!
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 05:58:34 PM »
It strange to see 10-20 years younger. There is huge gap between 10 and 20 years difference in age.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 02:19:39 AM »
Have vote 10-15 year younger...

In reality, it is 10 year and 5 days  ;D

These age difference have afraid me in the beginning... but it seem that we have almost the same "mental" age... She is more mature and i am more childish  ::)

In case of very big age difference, physical incompatibility can appear... RW are very active in bedroom and you need to assume your man function... if you are old and need sleep around 10 hours day, with a young RW, you will stay in bed 24 hours on 24  :-*

In some way, the age difference problem is not only axed on the sex drive... very young lady ( 18-21 ) like to go out in disco, place where older guy don't feel specially confortable...

Just count year don't really give a good idea of compatibility... some old man feel young and some young woman feel more mature... age is irrelevant but mental age is more important in the building of a relationship... knowing your future partner is more important that knowing her birth date !!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM