It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How stubborn is your FSU partner ?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How stubborn is your FSU partner ?
« on: May 29, 2019, 03:51:44 AM »
This subjective post is based on my sharing a home for longer than a year with 3 FSU ladies and some for long enough to figure out that either they or I were not going to be a long-term  item ;)

As 'Beel' constantly points out - dating / sharing a life with a FSU lady is not for the faint of heart ! ;)

Perhaps it is symptomatic of the type of women that I choose / chose me ..but  all my FSU lady friends have been easy going...but I learnt that when they will not budge .. wild horses will not budge 'em !

Recently, in Tbilisi - we stayed in a nice hotel - not getting to bed 'til 02:30 local - and were told we could have a 1400 checkout

SC woke me up as she smelt smoke ( smoke, as in someone smoking) and I was, " less tired - and the man" -so had to put on clothes to investigate  - nope - nobody was in the corridor.. So I went to reception and the lass came to our room to check ... Yes.. it was confirmed and it was coming via the VENTILATION system ?!   Could not be fixed..

I opened the windows - we were on the 1st ( normal people call it the 2nd floor) and SC laid on the window sill to get 'fresh air' :)))

..and fell asleep ..

I could not sleep - worrying about her falling out the window - so moved the bed to by the window .. and eventually - got her to roll into my arms and roll onto the bed..

Am I alone in noticing this trait ? ;)

Includes wearing a seat belt - sunbathing, platform shoes ... !

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:11:26 AM by msmob »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: How stubborn is your FSU partner ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:10:14 AM »
My FSU wife is more stubborn than my previous AW wife.

However I  would say it is only by a few degrees.

Nothing like night and day.

The thing that is most annoying is when the 'subject' or whatever is dropped, and I think it is over . . .

and then it pops back up in a few days.

So she mostly never gives up on the idea.

I think it is their way of going the route of 'tiring you out.'

I once asked if this is something that Mother's pass on to daughters as a training method.

She denied that . . . but maybe they pick it up just from observing their Mothers dealing with Fathers.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 06:26:17 AM »
:))

I don't tend to get it thrown back in my face - but it is defo stored - and may be used in evidence - at the appropriate moment ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »
FSUW are stubborn IMO.  Once my wife gets a thought in her pretty head, it stays regardless of attempts at logic.    :D

I consider your episode as not so much stubbornness as under the category of overly cautious and unfounded preconceptions.    Did she think it a fire?  Maybe, yet you investigated and dismissed fire.  Her fear then goes to secondhand tobacco smoke. Yes, it can cause cancer, yet in your case reduced to less than one in a million.     

YOu and I probably have more STEM education and experience than our FSUW.   Also, you and I grew up in countries with a high degree of public protection and public disclosure.   FSUW did not.  They are natural skeptics, and will automatically assume both the risk and possible consequences are greater than what a scientist would otherwise dismiss. 

Other FSUW unfounded conceptions about health risks  are fear of ice cubes in a drink, moving air (A/C fan, cross ventilation), rare beef, factory emissions (maybe not so unfounded in the FSU), etc. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:35:23 AM »
Gator,

SC used to smoke - until her early thirties

She does not want to smell it - period !

I regularly watch her move on RU guys who light up on the beach ;)

Offline iolanik

• Been Thru This and Will Never Do It Again!
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 11:34:56 AM »
This subjective post is based on my sharing a home for longer than a year with 3 FSU ladies and some for long enough to figure out that either they or I were not going to be a long-term  item ;)

As 'Beel' constantly points out - dating / sharing a life with a FSU lady is not for the faint of heart ! ;)

Perhaps it is symptomatic of the type of women that I choose / chose me ..but  all my FSU lady friends have been easy going...but I learnt that when they will not budge .. wild horses will not budge 'em !

Recently, in Tbilisi - we stayed in a nice hotel - not getting to bed 'til 02:30 local - and were told we could have a 1400 checkout

SC woke me up as she smelt smoke ( smoke, as in someone smoking) and I was, " less tired - and the man" -so had to put on clothes to investigate  - nope - nobody was in the corridor.. So I went to reception and the lass came to our room to check ... Yes.. it was confirmed and it was coming via the VENTILATION system ?!   Could not be fixed..

I opened the windows - we were on the 1st ( normal people call it the 2nd floor) and SC laid on the window sill to get 'fresh air' :)))

..and fell asleep ..

I could not sleep - worrying about her falling out the window - so moved the bed to by the window .. and eventually - got her to roll into my arms and roll onto the bed..

Am I alone in noticing this trait ? ;)

Includes wearing a seat belt - sunbathing, platform shoes ... !

Let's put it this way: My ex wife Natasha insisted on keeping the room the way she wanted it such as keeping the closet doors closed and gave me an earful when I left them open, when I found that she left them open and told her to follow her own rules, she became infuriated. I asked her to live by her own rules which she could not but expected everyone else to do so. One time early on in our apt, a maintenance guy came to fix the electric burner on the stove. He fixed it and then told us that he tested it and that it was hot and not to touch it. Guess who touched it and burned her hand right after he just explained this to us? When we were separated but living in the same house she would go on dates, on Valentines Day I went out on a date for the first time, she was infuriated. Why? Bc she stayed home and had nothing to do. Stubborn? Sheesh!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
He fixed it and then told us that he tested it and that it was hot and not to touch it. Guess who touched it and burned her hand right after he just explained this to us?

Well . . . how else can one be sure the paint really is wet ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1954
Total: 1963

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM