It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Finding a Russian woman for rural living  (Read 24311 times)

Offline dbneeley

Re: Finding a Russian woman for rural living
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2011, 09:19:43 AM »
Geez David, it is obvious you haven't set foot in the Northeast. Next time you are around here I'll take you for a ride in central NY. NOT Central Park. If you don't like NY, I can take you to Maine. Great potatos there.

No need. I was referring to Vermont, where the OP actually lives.

The fact that he already confirmed the description I gave as being accurate must have escaped you.  ;)

David

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »

The fact that he already confirmed the description I gave as being accurate must have escaped you.  ;)

David

Not really. You see the Northeast is more than Vermont.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline mies

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:21:19 PM by mies »

Offline mies

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
Here's the ORIGINAL Eastern European babe in farmland America.

brilliant  :D

Offline dbneeley

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2011, 01:05:46 PM »
Not really. You see the Northeast is more than Vermont.

Muzh,

It seems you aren't too much on reading these days. I did not say "the Northeast". I said "New England"--which most certainly does *not* include New York.

David

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »

David

Darn, Do you mean that people actually live in Vermont?  I thought that was just a place people drive through in the fall when the leaves turn. 

Offline Muzh

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »
Muzh,

It seems you aren't too much on reading these days. I did not say "the Northeast". I said "New England"--which most certainly does *not* include New York.

David

You are absolutely correct. You said New England. However, as an example of NE google NEWMOA and look what it stands for. You'll see NY AND NJ nicely embeded in there. And don't worry I can find hundreds of examples like that. Trust me, after 30 years living here I know for a fact "New Englanders" reluctantly include NY as part of NE. VERY reluctantly.

But of course, you have to live here.   8)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline dbneeley

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
You are absolutely correct. You said New England. However, as an example of NE google NEWMOA and look what it stands for. You'll see NY AND NJ nicely embeded in there. And don't worry I can find hundreds of examples like that. Trust me, after 30 years living here I know for a fact "New Englanders" reluctantly include NY as part of NE. VERY reluctantly.

But of course, you have to live here.   8)

Muzh,

I am aware that New York is part of the Northeast--simply not New England. And that, after all, was what I referred to.

I have acquaintances who live in Vermont, as it happens, so I was familiar in a general way with the area. They live not far from the Green Mountains National Forest, in fact.

David

PARADOJAS

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
Hmmmm...I've got to weigh in here and back up David. New Englanders usually define the territory of consisting of Conneticutt, Mass, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hamshire and VT. Definitely NOT New Jersey. Upstate New York, particularly the Adirondaks, while having a similar topography and forest, still ain't New England. Even here in NE, it's divided into north and south. Maine, NH and VT being north, of course. Having said that, there is also the Northern Forest, and that includes northern New England plus the Adirondak region.

There's been some speculation here (particularly in VT, NH and parts of Maine) of secession, maybe in combination with Quebec. Vermont was an independent republic with its own constitution for 14 years before becoming the 14th state. The sentiment for secession is definitely here, but the logistics seem a bit overwhelming. Quite a few people I know feel like they've already seceeded though. Vermont is a pretty independent place, partly due to weather, topography (2/3 of the state is mountainous) and geography. I like living in a place where there are more dirt roads than paved ones, where I can go to the general store and find a twisted clevis in the same place I found it 20 years ago and where at Town Meeting Day anyone in town can stand up and voice his opinion about an issue about to be voted upon. Anyway, that's just some random thoughts...

As to the kind of Russian woman who might be attracted to such a life that I aspire to, maybe I'm whistling Dixie and need to climb into a time machine.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
I think you might find one, i mean there are millions odf people there.. :)

You just have to face that youir aspirations require a very specific individual..
even in your own culture..

so tyo find someone from another cuklture you have th4 added challenge of them truly iunderstaning the detail that life mitht include.

mies did point this out, by asking detailed questions a RW might ask in hopes of becoming informed.

I dont think the answers to them matter here at all.

what matters is that you would somwehow convey those answers to RW interested ,in a way they can relate to and understand your life ,lifestyle and understanding you.
Then they can sdee if they would be interested, or see how they might fit into your life , and you into thiers?

I wouldn't think it whistling dixie,I would think it an additional hurdle.

BF might be right in increasing your odds by contacting good english speakers, well educated from a large city,
 that might have the desire for a simpler life.

This doesnt mean you wouldn't find women from other situations, a village, a provincial city,
 that wouldnt be also interested..
it just seems your odds would be better in that direction,  than in looking in areas where many aspire for the opposite.

as example:
 searching in a Socal Mall filed with college aged valley girls,, you might find a minimalist/naturalist..?

but the odds are less than if attending a Sierra club or  Earth First! meeting???

PARADOJAS

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »
Good points all, AJ.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
Isn't it a woman's 'thing' that bigger is better?  LOL

btw my wife went from a RU 'town' of 150K to an IT 'town' of 15K

Funny though that although the disparity in population, the geographic area of our town in IT is slightly smaller than hers in RU.. 66 vs 54 sq km. None of those huge apartment complexes.

I'm sure she thinks this town is smaller, but in the end seems ok.

What she (and I) really hates is the lack of taxi's and mini busses here (she doesn't drive that much).

Offline Daveman

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »
Hi, Paradojas,

few cents from me (ok, i know it's more like $1.99, not just few cents  8)). About your ideal wife and about your life.

How do you imagine the standard/regular day for your future wife together with you?
What time does she wake up?
What does she do all day?
What does she wear?
Does she cook?
What does she cook?
Does she do the cleaning in the house? How does she do it?
Do you time how many minutes you take shower?
What kind of shower do you have?
What is the average temperature of the shower when you take it?
Do you monitor your energy use?
Do you sell generated electricity back to the grid?
Do you drive car?
How many gallons of gas do you use per month?
Is there a public transportation in your area?
How many times per year do you shop for clothes and where?
If you buy grocery products - what do you buy?
Do you go to church? What kind of church?
How many pairs of shoes do you have?
What kind of washer/dryer do you have?
Do you monitor your water usage/water meter?
How often do you do laundry?
What kind of lamps do you have at home?
What is the average temperature in your home during winter months?
When do you start heating your home?
What kind of blanket do you have for your bedroom?
What size of bed?
How much time do you spend at computer per day?
What kind of soaps/shampoos are you buying for yourself?
Will your wife have her own computer or use yours?
Will she watch TV?
What will be her monthly spending (possibly in the form of allowance from you) on body lotions, beauty products, & shampoos?
Do you mind the way women's hands look when they do farming full-time?
Will your future wife have children?
What school will they go to?
Whom will they play with?
Will they do any extracurricular activities? sports? art classes? music?
Do you play musical instruments?
Do you do crafts? what kind of?
What will happen if your wife starts gaining weight? will you offer her a low-nutrition diet?
What will happen if your wife will gain weight to the point of being 40lbs overweight? and will not be able to lose it?
What if she gains weight during pregnancy?
What kind of health insurance will your wife have?
How much time does it take to get to the nearest hospital from your home?
What kind of birth control will your future wife be using?
Are you going to split the household chores? What will you do and what she will do?
Do you expect her to be earning money? How much?
If you do not expect her to be earning money - how are you going to give her access to your money? Up to what limit?
How many other people (except you) will your wife see on average during a week? a month?
Do you invite friends to visit your home? how often? What do you do during these visits?
Do you visit your friends' homes? how often?
What do your friends do?
How many books (approximately) do you have at home?
What kind of books do you have at home?
How many books do you buy per year? (on average)
How do you learn about news?
Do you read printed newspapers? Read them online? Watch TV? Listen to radio? Other options?
How do you normally spend Christmas? New Year? Your birthday?
How many times per month (or per year) do you dress up?
How many times per month (or per year) do you wear formal shoes?
Do you go to movies? What kind of? How often?
Do you go to concerts? What kind of? How often?
Do you eat out?
How many times per months will your wife call her relatives back home?
How many more $ per months will you be spending to phone bills (comparing to what you are spending now)?

These are just few questions from the top of my mind.

A portent! Prophetic foreshadowing! Mies just showed you something...  8)

Yeah she did, and when you DO pique the interest of one of those enigmatic FSUW, you can expect all of these questions within a period of about thirty-five seconds, with the other 3,472,846 to come within the following 10 minutes.  Well, perhaps an exaggeration, but only slightly.  So, make yourself a list to ask as well.  It freaks them out pretty good when you can fire yours back at them.

All this, of course, after 'em vittuls back 'ere by tha seemint pahnd!

:evil:

I do think your available selection pool (seemint notwithstanding) will be smaller but it only takes a pool the size of the right ONE.  Jump in the haystack and sometimes that needle just finds its way right into your assssssking about your methods...  are you focusing on just websites? Perhaps rural FSUW ladies could be reached by ads in regional papers?

At any rate.. good luck.. it sounds like a pretty cool lifestyle.
Dave
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »
What she (and I) really hates is the lack of taxi's and mini busses here (she doesn't drive that much).

My wife does not drive at all and also misses the mini buses. Plus she says we don't walk enough here to stay fit. So today at the health club she chastised me for parking too far away ! And then we went inside and walked on the track. I told her she is becoming an
American.

Offline BC

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
Dave,

Your post reminded me of something:

Wife:  Can I ask you a question?

Me: No, that's too dangerous.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
as example:
 searching in a Socal Mall filed with college aged valley girls,, you might find a minimalist/naturalist..?  but the odds are less than if attending a Sierra club or  Earth First! meeting???

Well, I live in SoCal and I can tell AJ's being a bit of an optimist  ;) Maybe Lindsay Lohan, but you'll likely need to grow a special kind of plant and a spirit distillery for the trade. SoCal is the capital market for illegal aliens and the majority of which work doing yard work. LOL.

But seriously fellas, I don't know the OP's age but if time is even a consideration, why not search for FSUWs living close to where he lives if his search criteria is confined to a FSUW? Why spend the time to import one who would most certainly not have a clear and distinct idea let alone experience about his overall lifestyles.

Heck, just for illustration alone as this thread clearly exemplified, even natives themselves had a tough time clearly visualizing the OP's description of his living environment let alone someone halfway across the world.

Just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:47:10 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

But seriously fellas, I don't know the OP's age but if time is even a consideration, why not search for FSUWs living close to where he lives if his search criteria in confined to a FSUW? Why spend the time to import one who would most certainly not have a clear and distinct idea let alone experience about his overall lifestyles.

Just my 2 cents...

Because they are all spoiled, whereas we want 'fresh' RW to spoil..

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
Because they are all spoiled, whereas we want 'fresh' RW to spoil..

More than likely BC...

But I was just reminded of a silly phrase that says...

You may take the (wo)man out of Moscow/a city, but you can never (the) Moscow/city out of the (wo)man.

Just saying...the OP's location being so relatively close to Brighton Beach, NY, Jersey, etc...literally a huge population of FSUWs, why waste the time going to FSU? He can just meet with someone/date from the general area, bring her to his abode and just take it from there...tough to do that on a K-visa...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

PARADOJAS

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. And Daveman, you're been on this site a while, haven't you? I seem to remember your name.

I fear Brighton Beach babes might find VT a bit "remote" after the bright lights of NYC.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »
It's a good point GQ,
as the ones here would generally have a better grasp of both english ,and perhaps a better grasp of the
nuances of the OPs lifestyle

i'd only play devils advocate and say that "generally" ( yes i know i hate generalities)
the RW *here*,, most likely  relocated here to improve thier lot in life,  
so the odds of finding a minimalist/naturalist approach ,in that percentage of immigrants,
 just *seems* it might be  lower than it would be in the general FSU populace?
 (although probably a very  low % in both places)

The ones already here, with perhaps a better grasp of the situation ,and having the needed points of reference likely is a stronger point though.

hmmm.
but we are talking about love and romance afteralll?

me? it seems too thought out and contrived, of "where to look"

I'd just wing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ol'   *if she loves you ,and you love her, it will work out approach*
(yeah i know it's not realistic,and rather foolish)
but
I'm a born romantic , and Russians are *typically* pragmatic.

oil and water.. ?
:popcorn:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:33:55 PM by AJ »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
What she (and I) really hates is the lack of taxis and mini busses here (she doesn't drive that much).
Contact I/O and arrange a local franchise ::) ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
My wife does not drive at all and also misses the mini buses. Plus she says we don't walk enough here to stay fit. So today at the health club she chastised me for parking too far away ! And then we went inside and walked on the track. I told her she is becoming an
American.

:ROFL:
Thats funny and sounds like something I might hear

Offline BC

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »

I'm a born romantic , and Russians are *typically* pragmatic.

oil and water.. ?
:popcorn:

More like wolf and sheep... but heck you're a stud with an interesting lifestyle so you'll obviously get more mileage.  Just maybe you'll be a 'keeper'.

Offline ML

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Just saying...the OP's location being so relatively close to Brighton Beach, NY, Jersey, etc...literally a huge population of FSUWs, why waste the time going to FSU? He can just meet with someone/date from the general area, bring her to his abode and just take it from there...tough to do that on a K-visa...

Question:

Anyone have rough stats on the proportion of FSU people in Brighton Beach area who are Jewish?

Nothing against Jewish people, but typically aren't Jewish women from FSU really quite different from Orthodox Christian FSU women?

Many here have suggested the route of finding FSUW already in USA.
But, if a large percent are Jewish, then this suggestion may not really be helpful for non-Jewish men.

I'm not an expert on this so just wondering.  Any thoughts?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

PARADOJAS

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
I don't think a FSUW's being Jewish would be as much as an obstacle (unless she was extremely orthodox) as to what kind of a lifestyle she has become accustomed to. I know I've scared off more than a couple of women (Americans) from the Boston area just by mentioning I tend toward an off-grid lifestyle. I guess they imagine outhouses and candles. In addition, when asked about my religion, I describe myself as a zen-druid with severe pantheistic tendencies. I spent some time in Australia wandering the outback, and I became a convert to Aboriginal dreamtime. I'm also a worshipper of trees--hence the druid connection--and buddhism comes as close as any faith as to how I see and feel the cosmos.

Now you might think it would difficult to explain all of this to a FSUW, but I don't think so. I mean, if you only had a weekend with her--sure. I agree with someone here who said that the way to go about this is on the ground. Travel over there, pick up a bit of the lingo, be a traveler, not a tourist, live like the locals and put personal ads in the papers.

RJ

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1993