It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Large age difference  (Read 128587 times)

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Large age difference
« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2005, 02:16:13 AM »
300Spartans ~ coming out of the woodwork at the moment are we not...

When you have something substantive to say other than a few words that you imagine to be both truthful and slighting say 'em. Till then zip it till you DO know something.

Again, as with another new poster here, I have not the foggiest idea who you are, but obviously you carry some baggage with you. It helps neither me, or other readers of this board when you lumber around carrying your burden of misplaced anger and resentment.

Offline RacerX

• Trips: > 10
Large age difference
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:11 AM »
Till then zip it till you DO know something

Andrew, perhaps a little introspection is in order. 

From what I recall reading here and on the other board you: are not Russian, you are not married, you are not looking for a RW wife, you have no experience with agencies, you don't have alot of money, you are not particularly fond of those RW who have come to America (especially the younger ones), and you feel many Americans are buffoons.

Gee, I dunno, are you sure this is a good place for you to discuss whatever it is you're looking for?

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Large age difference
« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2005, 06:46:16 AM »
[user=150]300spartans[/user] wrote:
Tiger, why did your women to meet have to be divorced? I married an under 30 years female from a big city who had never been married before.  I am not sure that remote area girls are as naieve and inexperienced as you might have hoped. My guess is that the worse circumstances the woman comes from, the greater the chance of her being willing to take unethical or heartless actions later on. But with your finances, you could marry a NYC gold digger and be OK methinks.
300spartans: It has been my experience that a woman who has been married then divorced has at least some idea of what it is like to live with a man in a committed relationship on a daily basis. Sure you could say that living with someone is similar but it is not the same as that committment which comes with a marrage. In my experience a woman who has had a failed marrage but is still committed to the idea of building a relationship and having a family will be far more committed to trying harder the second time around. She will have learned (hopefully) from her mistakes and will understand what it takes to make a relationship work. Again in general a woman who has never been married will have to go through that whole learning process of what it is like to live with a man and I was not willing to go through that again.
Having spent 3 years in Krasonyarsk Russia and the surrounding areas I beg to differ with you 300spartans, I found the vast majority of girls from the Siberian regions to be very different than the larger cities. Additionally there is a cultural difference between girls from the interior and those from the cities, of course I am speaking in large generalities but spend enough time in Siberia and you will come to understand the differences.
LoL! As for a NYC gold digger? Sure but why bother with an already spoiled bitch who only knows how to say ME, ME and MINE, MINE! Los Angeles has many of those as well, beautiful spoiled bitches. Given the oppertunity why would you or any man choose a spoiled bitch? The FSU offers the perfect oppertunty for a man to remain anonymous while searching out for exactly the kind of lady he is interested in and with a far better oppertunity to find one who is unspoiled.
We (men) all have our wants, needs and desires and given the oppertunity and the availability of nearly unlimited choices of women within the FSU why not seek out exactly what will make you happy? I am not saying that a man could not find such a girl here in America but the choices are far, far smaller so why not look to fresh hunting grounds such as the FSU and not compromise on what you want?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 06:58:00 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline MandM

Large age difference
« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2005, 08:13:15 AM »
God bless America!

Only in this country one has an oppertunity to become wealthy without being able to spell! :D

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2005, 08:28:57 AM »
Quote from: MandM
God bless America!

Only in this country one has an oppertunity to become wealthy without being able to spell! :D

You try using a stylus to type a long post on a PDA and see how well you do!

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Large age difference
« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2005, 08:41:20 AM »
Quote from: MandM
God bless America!

Thank God that this country recognizes the value of productivity or we too could have store clerks with PHD's like Russia.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Large age difference
« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2005, 08:47:27 AM »
With all due respect Ken I do remember something about the 'Great Depression' that similarly affected the US in 1929..

I would think productivity back then wasn't worth squat either..

Offline KenC

Large age difference
« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »
:offtopic:

BC,

Actually, I think your wrong.  A lot of this country's infrastructure (Dams, bridges, highways) was built during that time along with major replantings of our forests.  This country has always found a way to be productive even in bad economic times.

KenC

Offline Wayne

Large age difference
« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2005, 10:39:21 AM »
Hello Tiger Paws,

My Oksana lives in Krasnoyarsk, and I have been there.  She does not like people in Moscow or other large cities.  What did you do for three years in Krasnoyarsk area?  It seems like the city has some industry, perhaps Aluminium refining?  People seemed friendly there to me.

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2005, 10:55:15 AM »
Quote from: Wayne
Hello Tiger Paws,

My Oksana lives in Krasnoyarsk, and I have been there.  She does not like people in Moscow or other large cities.  What did you do for three years in Krasnoyarsk area?  It seems like the city has some industry, perhaps Aluminium refining?  People seemed friendly there to me.

Wayne,

The largest Bauxite mine the the world is located just outside of Krasnoyarsk and 26 km north is the main storage depot for all of the former Soviet Union's Nukes, over 15,500 warheads. One of my companies was part of a large construction project building a reprocessing facility at the sortage depot.

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2005, 10:57:49 AM »
Quote from: Wayne
Hello Tiger Paws,

My Oksana lives in Krasnoyarsk, and I have been there.  She does not like people in Moscow or other large cities.   
Wayne brings home point I have been trying to make for some time now, in general the girls from Siberia are very different than those from the larger cities. Depending on the kind and type of girl you are looking for the hunting grounds are far better in the interior of Russia than anywhere else.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:29:00 PM by TigerPaws »

Offline KenC

Large age difference
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2005, 11:04:23 AM »
And conversely, Wayne would have a difficult time acclimating a woman from Moscow to Traverse City, MI.  Which only proves that there is more to consider than just ages difference. 

KenC

Offline Turboguy

Large age difference
« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2005, 10:25:41 AM »
Actually there do not seem to be many gals who come from really smaller cities in the FSU.  The smaller cities are a million of so.  I think the adjustment will be about the same for anyone.   If you move to travse city to me it would seem about the same for a gal from Moscow as one from Perm or Omsk or St Petersburgh.

Offline KenC

Large age difference
« Reply #613 on: December 22, 2005, 10:36:37 AM »
Turbo,

If you meant that a RW from any large city would have a difficult time with a small city in America, I agree.  These "urban" RW even have a difficult time with our suburbs.  When my wife moved to our upscale suburban area, she thought she was living in a "village" (not a compliment).  It takes some getting used to for them.

There seems to be a trend now for guys to search in the less populated areas and smaller cities in the fsu.  There is also the possibility of hooking up with a "village girl" that has moved to a bigger city in the fsu.  I think the small town AM have to really consider this as a potential problem.  Hell, I know I would go nuts if I had to live in Traverse City!  Even though I had a summer home near there.

KenC

Offline Turboguy

Large age difference
« Reply #614 on: December 22, 2005, 11:11:07 AM »
That is about what I meant Ken, but I think part of my point is that there are not too many gals who live in a small city. 

We hear about Moscow and Kiev etc then we get a letter from Lets say Nizhniy Novgorod which we don't hear much about and we think small city.  We ask the population,  well 2 million.  Two million is 5 times the size of Pittsburgh.  and of course Pittsburgh is 20 times bigger than where I live.

I visited Krivoy Rog one time but was in the outskirts.  I thought it was a small city.  Little did I know.

My point was that if you want to concentrate on a village girl it might be hard.  Ukraine seems like thy might be easier to find than Russia.

Offline BC

Large age difference
« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2005, 11:42:27 AM »
I don't think it's so much the big town small town thing as being able to go shopping 'by legs'.. the midnight kiosk run, the bakery, meatstore, market and mom/pop grocery is tough to beat unless you're right downtown.

The towns I have seen in FSU seem to be small geographically but the population density is way up there. The town we live in now is about the same size as my wife's town.. here population 12,000 there 120,000.. in the US maybe it would be 1,200! Since most in FSU don't have cars, necessities are usually within quick walking distance wherever you live.

I think a lot of RW would be happy to at least initially have such stores within walking distance instead of having to wait for hubby to get home from work to fix supper.  Maybe it's that little bit of 'independance' by being able to go shop alone what is really missed..

Of course all extremely off topic.. but what the heck.. if you can't find out enough about age differences in the 30 previous pages I don't think you'll find it anywhere :P

« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 11:44:00 AM by BC »

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
Large age difference
« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2005, 01:41:03 PM »
BC has a good point. I have become so used to having most everything I need within a couple of minutes walk and that is pretty normal for most people. I read somewhere that the 'average American' will not walk more than 650' without using a car. For many, if not most urban dwellers in the FSU, we walk less distance to our shops.

I know from a friend, in Finland, that she feels very isolated, living as she describes it 'in the forest'. She actually lives in a suburb of a small town, To hear her tell it, she lives in the middle of the big dark forest with polar bears and attack wolves around every corner!

Living, for most in the FSU, even those from rural communities is relatively dense. The wide open spaces of suburban societies is quite agoraphobic.

Offline BC

Large age difference
« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »
Andrew,

In the US I had to use a car to just to cross the street.. no crosswalk anywhere in sight even at stoplights.  This was a 10 mile long 4 block wide kinda town and the main street was 4 lanes with a 'suicide' lane in the middle..

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
Large age difference
« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »
Quote from: andrewfin
BC  has a good point. I have become so used to having most everything  I need within a couple of minutes walk and that is pretty normal for  most people. I read somewhere that the 'average American' will not walk  more than 650' without using a car. For many, if not most urban  dwellers in the FSU, we walk less distance to our shops.

I know from a friend, in Finland, that she feels very isolated, living  as she describes it 'in the forest'. She actually lives in a suburb of  a small town, To hear her tell it, she lives in the middle of the big  dark forest with polar bears and attack wolves around every corner!

Living, for most in the FSU, even those from rural communities is  relatively dense. The wide open spaces of suburban societies is quite  agoraphobic.

This is one of the reasons that Elena calls this a village. No  crosswalks, bus service only every couple of hours, no sidewalks. We  live 2 miles from her work but she has taken her life in her hands each  time she has walked to work. Not to mention the young bucks whistling  at her and giving her the "I'll give you a ride" crap. I don't let her  walk anymore because of these kinds of incidents.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2005, 04:51:38 AM »
When my lady first arrived she said much the same things about the city where we lived calling it a village where everything was far away and difficult to get to. In the first 6 months she was here I spent more time in San Francisco with her then in the previous 10 years combined (I really dislike big cities). But as time went on she began to see the merits of life away from the big cities and in a few years understood the desire to get away from the problems of big city life.

The village my lady came from had about 50,000 people living there, over half the streets were not paived. There was no restaurants in town, the nearest was a 1 hour bus ride, the shops were extremily small selling only the bare necessities, the only factory was closed and life was/is very difficult.

Things have not improved at all in the 6 years sense my lady left in fact life has become far more difficult as more and more young people leave for the large cities to find work and the hope of a better life. Rual Russia is dying.

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2005, 05:13:47 AM »
Quote from: Turboguy
I visited Krivoy Rog one time but was in the outskirts.  I thought it was a small city.  Little did I know.

My point was that if you want to concentrate on a village girl it might be hard.  Ukraine seems like thy might be easier to find than Russia.

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
Large age difference
« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2005, 07:30:21 AM »
Quote from: RacerX
Till then zip it till you DO know something

Andrew, perhaps a little introspection is in order. 

From what I recall reading here and on the other board you: are not Russian, you are not married, you are not looking for a RW wife, you have no experience with agencies, you don't have alot of money, you are not particularly fond of those RW who have come to America (especially the younger ones), and you feel many Americans are buffoons.

Gee, I dunno, are you sure this is a good place for you to discuss whatever it is you're looking for?
I know what I am looking for. But please reread the previous posts before making any more silly comments, it makes an idiot look even  more foolish. I realise that for some, buffoonery is a favourite pastime, it is not mine. If I write something it is based upon knowledge and usually experience as well. Much of what is written here on this board and others is based upon neither. Where that knowledge and insight comes from is my own business.

As to my income, well, come back and talk to me about that, when you have a life satisfying enough that you do not have to share in the pointless attempt to take inaccurate and unfounded pot-shots at a target moving waaaay too fast for you.

This board will not be improved when the lunatics take over the asylum. But I guess that this insight depends upon whether you are one of the lunatics or not.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:00:13 PM by Admin »

Offline SgtFlame

Large age difference
« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2005, 08:05:52 PM »
Quote from: RacerX
SgtFlame ~ I'm curious, is this girl Russian and have you asked her what her feelings are about Russians?

Having met a couple of Latvian girls the past months here, I was taken aback that both hated Russia, and refused to speak Russian to my RW wife.  I would say their attitude and general demenor were more akin to Polish girls.

I only mention this because the wealth of experience for guys on this board generally runs more towards RW/UW than the other FSU countries.

The other, we often call them "red flags," problem with the age difference is not about the gap - which is rather large considering her tender age, but more so that 21 is the normal marrying age for RW FIRST MARRIAGES.  RW tend to marry and divorce at early ages, so caveat emptor.
She is Russian, recently taking the Latvian citizenship tests.  She speaks Latvian, but she definately prefers Russian.  She has a few friends, but I'm unsure if they're Latvian or Russian.

I'm hoping 22 or 23 is the age of her first marriage... and lets hope we skip the first divorce, if it turns out I'm the one she marries. :?

Offline TigerPaws

Large age difference
« Reply #623 on: December 26, 2005, 10:34:17 AM »
This fits into the whole large age difference aspect of this thread, has anyone else followed the twists and turns of this case?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10606237/ 

Offline RacerX

Large age difference
« Reply #624 on: December 26, 2005, 10:40:15 AM »
Well, one things for sure: even KenC will agree that 63 years is pushing the envelope!  :cool:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1994
Total: 2004

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM