It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317581 times)

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1100 on: May 14, 2021, 09:37:18 AM »
For several months now I have been predicting to friends that there will at some point be a strong backlash by ordinary genteel white folks (not just extremist red necks) against BLM and particularly the idea that we should feel 'white shame.'

Just recently voters in Southlake, a Dallas-Fort Worth suburb, overwhelmingly elected two school board candidates who opposed a proposed “cultural competence action plan” for the district over two who supported it, by a margin greater than that which separated Donald Trump and Joe Biden in November.

The plan laid out a series of objectives and ways to achieve them, including mandatory “cultural sensitivity training” for students and staff, evaluating instructors on their “cultural competence,” and student-led bias self-assessments with the goal of demonstrating the ethos of “white privilege,” white shame and “white fragility”

CYNTHIA M. ALLEN is a columnist for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

- - - - - -

Sure, this is just one small isolated (for now) incident, but I predict it will grow.

The ethnic composition of the population of Southlake is composed of 23,274 White residents (80%), 2,409 Asian residents (8.28%), 1,781 Hispanic residents (6.12%), 959 Black residents (3.3%), and 550 from two or more races.

Those numbers come from Wikipedia. it's a fairly white city where I wouldn't expect "white-shame" type issues to gain much traction. I'm not against more things from different cultures being taught and appreciated, but not at the expense of shaming another. I'm white and feel no shame for anything. But we're a multi-culti country so we can't just ignore anything non-white.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1101 on: May 14, 2021, 09:42:12 AM »
For several months now I have been predicting to friends that there will at some point be a strong backlash by ordinary genteel white folks (not just extremist red necks) against BLM and particularly the idea that we should feel 'white shame.'

Sure, this is just one small isolated (for now) incident, but I predict it will grow.

Whites are the majority and when push comes to shove, the majority will win making the minority resent the majority even more. Our government knows this so this is what our government wants. Conflict between whites and minorities, women against men, young against old, and conflicts between religions to keep us divided and focused on ourselves asking our government to help instead of united and focused on our government. There's only one way to fix this and end this nightmare. That is to replace our government.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

Wife going to Ukraine on Saturday
« Reply #1102 on: May 16, 2021, 09:57:03 AM »
Wife was selected for jury duty several years ago before she was USA citizen.  So when we sent in that paperwork, she was excused.
Last year she was selected again.  We sent in paperwork stating she would not be able to understand back and forth arguments.  But judge refused to excuse her.  In end, because of covid, all trials were cancelled for her time slot.
Now she has been called for third time.  (despite my 100 years of living here, never been called once).
Her jury time is to start on 21 June and go through end of July, so we hustled around yesterday and got her plane tickets to leave here on Saturday.
Wasted a bunch of time on the cheapo sights . . . and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy directly from United Airlines.  Got very good times for leaving, returning, time between flights, etc.

Big hassle was/is going to be the Covid testing.

Ukraine requires test within 72 hours of arriving.  But all local testing takes 3-5 days for results, so can never meet the criteria.  No facility does Rapid test in our area.

Checked at departure airport . . . and they do Rapid test with 20 minute results . . . at a cost of nearly $300.
Wife just hates to pay these prices (and the airfare ticket prices) . . . but I told her I would pay and for her to stop agonizing about it.
Frankfurt airport also does Rapid test for something like 250 euros, so about same price.

She was going to try to go to Ukraine something this summer anyway, since wasn't able to go last year.

And her parents starting to say things like . . . we may never be able to see you again as we can die at any time . . . which, of course, is true.

I don't understand why Ukraine (and other places) don't have alternative rules applying to those who have cards indicating they have both Pfizer shots.

Now will she also need 72 hour test results when she returns to USA ???
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

Re: Wife going to Ukraine on Saturday
« Reply #1103 on: May 16, 2021, 11:20:57 AM »
Wife was selected for jury duty several years ago before she was USA citizen.  So when we sent in that paperwork, she was excused.
Last year she was selected again.  We sent in paperwork stating she would not be able to understand back and forth arguments.  But judge refused to excuse her.  In end, because of covid, all trials were cancelled for her time slot.
Now she has been called for third time.  (despite my 100 years of living here, never been called once).
Her jury time is to start on 21 June and go through end of July, so we hustled around yesterday and got her plane tickets to leave here on Saturday.
Wasted a bunch of time on the cheapo sights . . . and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy directly from United Airlines.  Got very good times for leaving, returning, time between flights, etc.

Big hassle was/is going to be the Covid testing.

Ukraine requires test within 72 hours of arriving.  But all local testing takes 3-5 days for results, so can never meet the criteria.  No facility does Rapid test in our area.

Checked at departure airport . . . and they do Rapid test with 20 minute results . . . at a cost of nearly $300.
Wife just hates to pay these prices (and the airfare ticket prices) . . . but I told her I would pay and for her to stop agonizing about it.
Frankfurt airport also does Rapid test for something like 250 euros, so about same price.

She was going to try to go to Ukraine something this summer anyway, since wasn't able to go last year.

And her parents starting to say things like . . . we may never be able to see you again as we can die at any time . . . which, of course, is true.

I don't understand why Ukraine (and other places) don't have alternative rules applying to those who have cards indicating they have both Pfizer shots.

Now will she also need 72 hour test results when she returns to USA ???

Isn't she a US citizen? Doesn't that mean she's lost her Ukrainian citizenship because they only allow one?

Offline ML

« Reply #1104 on: May 16, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »
Isn't she a US citizen? Doesn't that mean she's lost her Ukrainian citizenship because they only allow one?

Yes, but what is your point/relevance with respect to what I have posted?

But actually no, because the rule has never been enforced.  Many top political leaders have dual (or more) citizenships.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #1105 on: May 16, 2021, 12:02:27 PM »
Yes, but what is your point/relevance with respect to what I have posted?

But actually no, because the rule has never been enforced.  Many top political leaders have dual (or more) citizenships.

My point was that she is no longer a citizen of Ukraine so why is jury duty even an issue. Or will they penalize her the next time she goes to Ukraine and goes through customs if she skips jury duty?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:09:45 PM by mhr7 »

Offline ML

« Reply #1106 on: May 16, 2021, 01:56:27 PM »

- - - - -  -
I posted the above.  And from that . . . you got that she had been called for jury duty in Ukraine ?

- - - - - -

My point was that she is no longer a citizen of Ukraine so why is jury duty even an issue. Or will they penalize her the next time she goes to Ukraine and goes through customs if she skips jury duty?

Offline mhr7

« Reply #1107 on: May 16, 2021, 02:08:32 PM »

- - - - -  -
I posted the above.  And from that . . . you got that she had been called for jury duty in Ukraine ?

- - - - - -

Fair enough, I skimmed your story and read jury duty, judge not allowing it to be skipped, rushing to get tickets. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1108 on: May 16, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
Ukraine doesn't have jury trials the way common law jurisdictions have.  Jury trials were reintroduced in 2010, and then, only for offenses punishable by life imprisonment.  In reality, they just aren't used.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #1109 on: May 17, 2021, 06:31:56 AM »

I don’t know if you are referring to U.S. law or Ukrainian law, but, as for the U.S. side, one can have 10 citizenships as far as U.S. law is concerned.  The law is actually silent on the issue.  Ukraine on the other hand as far as I know only allows Ukrainian citizenship.  To my knowledge they never enforce it however. 

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Offline ML

Ticket price to Ukraine jumped $622
« Reply #1110 on: May 19, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »
I bought wife ticket to Kyiv on 15 May and now checking on 19 May for the exact same flight on United.

Cost went up $622 in 4 days.

Offline ML

Free rapid testing for Covid
« Reply #1111 on: May 21, 2021, 06:52:09 AM »
Was really surprised when discovered that Walgreens Drug, in conjunction with PWN Health Labs, was offering free rapid testing for Covid.
I suppose Fed (we taxpayers are paying).
Anyway wife provided swab at 11:45AM and got negative results via email link at 8:37 PM.

Saved us around $275 for test at airport here in USA or 225 or so Euros in Frankfurt.

Offline John Gaunt

Re: Free rapid testing for Covid
« Reply #1112 on: May 21, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »
Was really surprised when discovered that Walgreens Drug, in conjunction with PWN Health Labs, was offering free rapid testing for Covid.
Anyway wife provided swab at 11:45AM and got negative results via email link at 8:37 PM.

Saved us around $275 for test at airport here in USA or 225 or so Euros in Frankfurt.
Is it a PCR test or the lateral flow test?

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #1113 on: May 21, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »

Will Ukraine accept this test??

Offline ML

« Reply #1114 on: May 21, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »
Is it a PCR test or the lateral flow test?

The results sheet says PCR

Offline ML

« Reply #1115 on: May 21, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »
Will Ukraine accept this test??

Well let's hope so.

If not, she can get tested at airport in Ukraine.

But more serious question . . . will boarding flight in Frankfurt accept.

The flight from Frankfurt to Kyiv is United, as is flight from IAD to Frankfurt.
So presumably, boarding flight at IAD will be the critical one.

Airlines are sensitive to this because for Covid testing, just like the required visa situation (for those needing such), airlines have to pay for returning a passenger denied entry into a country because of covid or visa issues.

Offline ML

Wife has left me
« Reply #1116 on: May 22, 2021, 03:35:13 PM »
Well wife is off on her way to Frankfurt.

The Covid test she got here worked for that boarding.

Don't know if I will survive without her.

She has been scrubbing me in shower since my fall from ladder on 29 December 2020.

Today on way home from airport I purchased a medical type adjustable stool to put in shower.

Can't take the chance of a fall since no one to pick me up.

She told me about 5 times in last 3 days that, if I wanted her to, she would cancel her trip and stay with me.

Offline ML

Ukrainian woman just going to Ukraine for a vacation visit
« Reply #1117 on: May 22, 2021, 03:37:44 PM »
For first time since she arrived 10 years ago . . .

Wife said she was just realizing that she was viewing this trip to Ukraine as somewhere to go visit . . .

rather than going home. 

Said her home was now in USA.

Offline BillyB

Re: Wife has left me
« Reply #1118 on: May 22, 2021, 04:51:53 PM »
She has been scrubbing me in shower since my fall from ladder on 29 December 2020.

Does she scrub in every nook and cranny? I'm going to try that fall trick to see if my wife will give me daily scrubs in the shower. You got a pretty good racket going on.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

Re: Wife has left me
« Reply #1119 on: May 22, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »

Does she scrub in every nook and cranny? I'm going to try that fall trick to see if my wife will give me daily scrubs in the shower. You got a pretty good racket going on.

Yes.

But it is pretty hard to fake 9 broken ribs plus a broken clavicle.

You can hire someone to provide the real breaks . . . but it's pretty painful.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1120 on: May 22, 2021, 11:05:47 PM »
Oh my ML... Really sorry to hear that. Must have been quite a fall for such serious damage!  Had one mildly cracked rib long ago. I was miserable for weeks.

Offline ML

BC has hurt me
« Reply #1121 on: May 25, 2021, 09:00:38 AM »
Oh my ML... Really sorry to hear that. Must have been quite a fall for such serious damage!  Had one mildly cracked rib long ago. I was miserable for weeks.

BC you are quite behind the times !!

I reported my fall and broken bones way back in January, and probably several times since.

Now I am subject to emotional trauma that you have not been following my thread closely.

I will have to schedule extra therapy sessions to deal with this.

Offline ML

Wife in Kyiv
« Reply #1122 on: May 25, 2021, 09:18:23 AM »
Wife arrived in Kyiv on Sunday afternoon, their time.

Because of jet lag, she didn't sleep well the 2 nights there, so far; but still feeling somewhat more rested today.

She is staying in the newer condo (they call them apartments, but is like our condos) she purchased in 2014, which is currently occupied by a relative.

This relative and others (including me) finished off that bare condo over a period of a year or so.
It is a quite nice 3 room (the way they measure it) condo and is near the newer US Embassy west of city center.

She has some medical appointments mid week, and then will go on to her parent's home west of Kyiv later in the week.

Her relative purchased a new Peugeot earlier this year, and she says it is a very nice ride.

This guy wears white gloves when driving it and vacuums after each drive, if someone else has ridden in it !!!  Wonder how long that will last ?

I remember back in the day when young guys washed and waxed their cars each weekend, but never wore white gloves.

Today, cars seem to never need waxing; thanks to much improved miracle paints.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: BC has hurt me
« Reply #1123 on: May 25, 2021, 12:22:14 PM »
BC you are quite behind the times !!

I reported my fall and broken bones way back in January, and probably several times since.

Now I am subject to emotional trauma that you have not been following my thread closely.

I will have to schedule extra therapy sessions to deal with this.

Indeed ML...Musta whizzed right past me.. old age I reckon.  I remember posting when you were thinking about selling your lot, then IIRC something about whiskey or such afterwards.  Sorry, I'll pay more attention now! :)

Offline ML

Ukrainian gals go to Ukraine for medical care
« Reply #1124 on: June 02, 2021, 06:31:13 PM »
Wife has gone to 5 medical appointments in her 10 days or so in Ukraine.

These were all at non-government facilities where you pay; but the prices were really quite cheap . . . like $20 for office visit and (for example) for $50 you can get complete body MRI scans.  In USA that would be something like $1,500 - $2,000.

So why didn't she have these appointments in USA . . . she has good health insurance here.

1) Can't get to specialists in USA without going thru family doctor.  Often time this FD will not refer you to specialist if they are not convinced.

2) Even if FD refers you . . . it can take weeks and even months to get an appointment.

3) Most MDs in USA will not really spend time with the patient to discuss items . . . both before tests and after tests.

4) Now in Ukraine, she was able to go to any specialist she wanted, and could get in within 2-4 days of calling.  She has been very pleased with the facilities and the physicians really spent a lot of time with her and talked a lot 'with' her.

5) . . .

Anyway, today wife had visit with Neurologist.  This guy was a friend of a relative of wife, so he talked with her about more than just her concerns.

He started by telling her that the woman he had seen just before her was a UW living in France, and before that woman was a UW living in Canada.

Not really suggesting they came exclusively for medical treatment but, like my wife, they were there, so sought out treatment.

Further, he told that physicians in these private clinics were seeing an uptick in non-Ukrainian persons coming from Western European countries for medical treatment.

They cited some of same reasons I gave above for case of my wife . . . and one additional . . . they didn't think the care they were getting at the socialized medicine facilities was very good.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2359
Total: 2370

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM