It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russia has some bad ass trucks  (Read 6764 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Russia has some bad ass trucks
« on: February 09, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
A lot of dirt is being slung in Russia's direction lately, and much if it well is deserved. But you do have to give it to the Russians, they do have some pretty cool vehicles.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-russians-make-the-best-truck-in-the-universe-for-5-1758030433
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:25:56 PM by alex330 »

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Re: Russia has some ass trucks
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
The tires alone would cost 50K here!   I wonder how the tires "self inflate"??

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Re: Russia has some ass trucks
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »
The tires alone would cost 50K here!   I wonder how the tires "self inflate"??

The vehicle weighs less than your car. It's not that big. The tires are certainly not going to be 50K. Many American military vehicles have had self deflating and inflating tires since the 80's. Different tire pressures are best for different situations. A near flat tire would be best for sand and an overinflated tire best for hard surfaces. The "truck" is basically a small construction vehicle with a different body and this truck uses a 44 hp Kubota engine. Most motorcycles have more hp. Kubota is out of Japan and they make small construction equipment landscapers love so the truck isn't entirely Russian and I suspect other body parts are Japanese too. It drives and turns like a skid steer loader which Kubota makes. The truck is going to be very rough on the driver's body. It doesn't have a suspension. You'll feel every bump on and off the road.

After watching the video, I doubt I will be seeing this truck ever again. It won't amount to much.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Re: Russia has some bad ass trucks
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »
Normal "vehicle inflating' tires are inflated from a source in the vehicle. There are hoses usually dangling down from the outside. I'm very much aware of it since I've used them. These pictures don't show that.
 Any hoses run from the rig to a tire mounted inboard would get wrapped around the axle in no time flat.

And try pricing tires and rims that big some time.   $$$ Cha Ching $$$

Edit to add; I suppose they could pressurize the axle housing and feed air to the tire.. Hmmm Yeah that might work
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:29:51 PM by AkMike »

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »
I don't even know how the newer vehicles can determine that a tire is under-inflated.

And I really don't want to try to understand it.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:53:36 AM »
That is one bad ass little truck. Wow. Brilliant engineering. I can definitely see some applications for it.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »
With those tires and tires, looks like it's even amphibious.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »
Normal "vehicle inflating' tires are inflated from a source in the vehicle. There are hoses usually dangling down from the outside. I'm very much aware of it since I've used them. These pictures don't show that.
 Any hoses run from the rig to a tire mounted inboard would get wrapped around the axle in no time flat.

And try pricing tires and rims that big some time.   $$$ Cha Ching $$$

Edit to add; I suppose they could pressurize the axle housing and feed air to the tire.. Hmmm Yeah that might work

One can run an air line through the center of the axle through the center of the rim. The axle may not even be in the center of the wheel which would make running the line through the center even easier.

I don't even know how the newer vehicles can determine that a tire is under-inflated.

And I really don't want to try to understand it.

I like figuring my tire pressure out the old fashion way, by looking at the tires. More and more manufactures are putting these tire sensors on cars. Just more unnecessary parts that can break down and need to be replace. Reminds me of the time Mercedes but windshield wipers on the headlights.

With those tires and tires, looks like it's even amphibious.

It'll probably float...upside down. the truck looks top heavy and the tire(floatation devices) will want to stay above water
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »

It'll probably float...upside down. the truck looks top heavy and the tire(floatation devices) will want to stay above water

Yeah it capsized and sank

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:59:55 PM by BC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 02:14:12 PM »
So it does float in pond water and lakes. Find a video where a customer survived after taking it out on a flowing river or sea with wave. Then we can truly claim it amphibious unless the Russian company doesn't need to worry about lawsuits.

Offline BC

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
So it does float in pond water and lakes. Find a video where a customer survived after taking it out on a flowing river or sea with wave. Then we can truly claim it amphibious unless the Russian company doesn't need to worry about lawsuits.

Well Billy.. boats sink too.  Send me your address and I'll buy a pack of straws (sic) for you to hold on to :)

Offline alex330

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »
Dunno about a transatlantic crossing but pretty versatile. Would work great down here in the Everglades. The swamp guys would go crazy over them.

Offline BC

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 05:08:45 AM »
Dunno about a transatlantic crossing but pretty versatile. Would work great down here in the Everglades. The swamp guys would go crazy over them.

It seems it was built for more for www 'winter, wet, wild' environments and obviously performs pretty well as such.  Of course not designed for open seas or 3+ meter swells, but yeah I would consider it amphibious... without a doubt.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/russian-sherp-atv-self-inflating-tires/

Offline Noch1

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »
Amazes me, some think this would useful for anything more than a toy.
Likely only legal to drive in Russia also, as you can drive anything their  ;D
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »
IF it came with a PTO and a trailer hitch I could see farmers buying it.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:03 AM »
Amazes me, some think this would useful for anything more than a toy.
Likely only legal to drive in Russia also, as you can drive anything their  ;D

Well, toy or not, I would love to have one.  But it really isn't a practical street vehicle for US driving.  But what an off road fun machine it would be.  I will go places my 4x4 truck cant even think about.  And at 50k it isn't any higher than a new 4x4 pickup.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »
But what an off road fun machine it would be.

You can rent a skid steer loader from your local rental shop and take it off road. It drives and steers similar to this Russian truck and like the truck, it has no suspension. You will feel every bump the off road has to offer. Hope you got a strong back.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 03:43:52 AM »

You can rent a skid steer loader from your local rental shop and take it off road. It drives and steers similar to this Russian truck and like the truck, it has no suspension. You will feel every bump the off road has to offer. Hope you got a strong back.
F1 cars also have little to no shock absorbing. It is done by the tyres, reason those are pretty big.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541001
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1890
Total: 1901

+-Recent Posts

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM