It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"  (Read 118707 times)

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Sure, stick to someone you can convince: yourself.

Being your predictable self as usual I see, well, carry on.  :D

Offline Misha

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »
Being your predictable self as usual I see, well, carry on.  :D

Pots, kettle, black ... Google them if you must  :D

Offline Misha

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
Is all this going to turn into yet another BillyB harangue?

Though it could have been phrased differently, Billy does have a point. I was reading a few days back a piece in The Globe and Mail which stated: "A new poll of 7,600 men by AskMen. com has found that half of men would dump their girlfriend if she gained weight, according to the Vancouver Sun."

And, this from the Huffington Post: "Almost 50 percent of men surveyed in a new poll of 70,000 people said they would leave a partner who gained weight, reports MSNBC. In contrast, only 20 percent of women said they would ditch a significant other for putting on extra pounds."

Offline Ade

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
Though it could have been phrased differently, Billy does have a point. I was reading a few days back a piece in The Globe and Mail which stated: "A new poll of 7,600 men by AskMen. com has found that half of men would dump their girlfriend if she gained weight, according to the Vancouver Sun."

And, this from the Huffington Post: "Almost 50 percent of men surveyed in a new poll of 70,000 people said they would leave a partner who gained weight, reports MSNBC. In contrast, only 20 percent of women said they would ditch a significant other for putting on extra pounds."

No one said that Billy was unique.

So where do you fit Misha? Do you love your wife or do you just love your wife's body?

Offline Misha

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
No one said that Billy was unique.

So where do you fit Misha? Do you love your wife or do you just love your wife's body?

Trying to make it personal again I see. Honestly, I can say that I love my wife and I love her body as well. It is not an either/or proposition. A man can be married to a woman that he loves and be physically attracted to her as well. Where is the contradiction in your mind? Does love preclude attraction? Or does attraction preclude love? 

Offline Ade

« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
Trying to make it personal again I see. Honestly, I can say that I love my wife and I love her body as well. It is not an either/or proposition. A man can be married to a woman that he loves and be physically attracted to her as well. Where is the contradiction in your mind? Does love preclude attraction? Or does attraction preclude love?

No, but physical qualities come second to inner ones, and IMO, attraction based solely or even primarily on the physical attributes of a partner is so very much inferior.

Offline Misha

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
No, but physical qualities come second to inner ones, and IMO, attraction based solely or even primarily on the physical attributes of a partner is so very much inferior.

In the first seconds that you meet someone, invariably you are either physically attracted to them or you are not. Consequently, I would say that the physical qualities in most cases are the primary triggers and that most people will afterwards try to gauge the "inner" qualities. But, I am sure there are exceptions whereby someone was not physically attracted to another person, yet they were still attracted to their personality and that over time that attraction perhaps grew and developed to a physical attraction...

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »
It's not only body that is attractive in Russian ladies.

For example, higher education in the USA is rather expensive, in Russia it's cheap or even free. Most Russian ladies that I've met were educated, knew foreign languages and had good professions: accountants, doctors, teachers... However, most Ukrainian pro-daters on pay-per-letter websites are waitresses, sellers, hairdressers, nail clippers...

Most attended music, dance, art classes. Such classes in the USA can be expensive.

Most enjoy cooking. Very few white American women cook. However, Spanish and Chinese Americans cook often.

Many Russian women can live on very little money. They don't need a new Mercedes when a $1,000 used Toyota is enough. Moreover, they want to work and earn money to help their husbands.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:17:39 PM by Vincenzo »

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

Many Russian women can live on very little money. They don't need a new Mercedes when a $1,000 used Toyota is enough.

Yeah right.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »

Most attended music, dance, art classes. Such classes in the USA can be expensive.

They also want the same for their kids. And if such classes are too exensive (for you)for their kids they will not be very happy.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »

They also want the same for their kids. And if such classes are too exensive (for you)for their kids they will not be very happy.
That's why it's better to have a wife who can dance, play a musical instrument, and play soccer. Huge savings!

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »

Yeah right.
There are exceptions.
Avoid spoiled girls from Odessa, Moscow, Saint Petersburg...

Recently, an American guy told me, "I know that house prices will go down. I don't have enough money for downpayment. Unfortunately, I have to buy a house." Somebody in his family can't count money.

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2011, 12:39:54 PM »
There are exceptions.
Avoid spoiled girls from Odessa, Moscow, Saint Petersburg...

Have you been to any of this cities Vincenzo? Do you think the city I was born in has anything to do with what car I drive? Do you know many people choosing an old Toyota when they can afford a new Mercedes?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
The problem with your argument Billy is that you almost always talk about unlikely extremes.

I talk about unlikely extremes? I said earlier I can deal with a woman with a few extra pounds but that is about it. You guys object and no matter how much you ram your opinion down my throat, you're not going to get me turned on to BBW. Since you and a few others object, I assume you can handle the extremes that I can't. BC said he can deal with a 500lb wife. Can you? Can your wife deal with a husband that big?

Billy, I really don't take you that seriously, youare an actor seeking a stage. 

Yeah it's my fault for me having to respond to your poem and other people's ridiculous opinions of the matter. I know you don't like hearing it but some people may actually believe you guys that love and bonding will cover for your failures.

It's you and a few other that post aggressively and complain. Your poem and Ade's colorful post about his feelings on me is to get an unpleasant response so you can have more ammo to complain yet again. You all have something in common. You work, complain a lot, and have wives at home. You spend lots of time on the computer but have strong views on how to love and bond with the wife. You should stick with advice on how to bond with a computer.

RW don't have your grumpy attitude here. Married men who are married and retired don't have your attitude. Single men with girlfriends or not don't have your attitude. Only married working men who spend lots of time on the computer seem to be posting grumpy when I show up. Get some emotional composure and instead of putting down my opinions with cheap shots, put your opinions next to mine and people can be the judge. So far the only support your posse is getting is from each other.

To answer your question, If my wife ballooned to 300, 400, 500 lbs it would be something I would simply have to learn to deal with.  Life often presents unexpected challenges. 

Life's unexpected challenges is when you lose your job or when your face gets burned and arm amputated after a car accident. If you've been good to your spouse, he/she may stay by your side because you created love and a strong bond in your relationship.

Those things and others are out of your control. Some things are within your control. Over eating, alcholism, and gambling are a few. Being in control is attractive to women. I don't have those problems. They are turned off by weak men who blame their failures in life on addictions or in other words, things beyond their control. Do we have to say who those men are or accepting of that philosophy? I think many of you have used excuses for failures within your control in the past and are content love and bonding will continue to glue your relationship together. Having control problems, disipline problems, responsibility problems, you will be in a world of hurt.

Test your physical appeal on hotornot.com to find out how many teens find you physically appealing. 

I've been learning things the natural way all my life. I didn't know there was a website out there that could simplify things and help me understand and make adjustments to be a more appealing partner. I'm sure hotornot.com has helped many to more successful and fruitful relationships. I guess the sexiest part of a man is his brain is all wrong?

Most young women would find me boring after talking to me. They will learn I don't party or go to the disco much. Gold diggers would also find me boring. I tend to only attract family oriented women and when they find me, it's a possibility they get turned on no matter what her age is. I think I'm going to stick with what I'm doing and pass on Hot or Not.

True and it's important for men searching for RW not to mistaken a woman who wants a husband that can provide adequately for the family as a gold digger. Most women will take good care of their men if their men takes good care of them and the kids. I currently take care of my fiancee financially and have gifts, a new laptop, and a car waiting for her when she gets here. Even though she asks for nothing, I'll give her everything she'll need to comfortably adapt to her new home and culture. I don't do it just because I love and care about her, I also do it because I believe it's a man's responsibility to be the main provider. Too many men are afraid of assuming that role in it's entirety which reminds of the the saying "No Money, No Honey".

Men should be careful not to get involved with a woman that sucks up money but if he finds a good woman, he can trust her with his wallet.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Misha

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
For example, higher education in the USA is rather expensive, in Russia it's cheap or even free. Most Russian ladies that I've met were educated, knew foreign languages and had good professions: accountants, doctors, teachers...

Most doctors and teachers are very badly paid in the FSU. Consequently, becoming a teacher or a doctor was relatively easier in the FSU.

However, most Ukrainian pro-daters on pay-per-letter websites are waitresses, sellers, hairdressers, nail clippers...

The women on pay-per-letter websites are not really indicative of anything IMHO.

Most as in the majority? Not sure about that.

Most enjoy cooking.

Most don't have a choice as they can't afford to eat out all the time.

Very few white American women cook.

Very few?!? I frequent a number of recipes site including allrecipes.com. This site has 151,453 members and I would say the leading demographic are white American women.... Cleary, our definitions of "very few" differs significantly.

Many Russian women can live on very little money.

When you don't have a choice, most people will live on little money whether they want to or not.

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »

Such is the way of fora. My apologies for adding to the side track.

Wow, how old are you again? Sex can be a number of things. It can certainly be purely a physical act sure. Did I say anywhere that it couldn't? (please, take your time) You can do it yourself and it's pure physical, you can buy you a piece of fat meat at the grocery store and keep it purely physical between you and the meat. You can pay a prostitute and keep it purely physical and business like. None of that is what was the discussion here is it?

You raped Billy over the coals for allegedly implying that sex was a purely physical act, so I just reponded to what you wrote, good Sir.

Also, unless sex has somehow become a metaphysical act, then it IS purely physical.  But that does not devalue it.

I'm not sure what my age has to do with anything, but if you ar calling me young, I will graciously accept the compliment :D .

I wouldn't think most men who have moved beyond adolescence would need this explained to them but I'll give you the short version without calling for the Priest, OK?

Yes, making love between to people in love or merely with just an emotional attachment is much more than just a purely physical act. There is more to sex and love making than your animal instincts to seeking out a mate to bear your children and someone to be your sperm dumpster. So very much more. If you ever have that bond, love and emotional attachment to someone besides yourself, you might be allow to experience it.  ;D

All of your arguments are either based on authority of age, personal attacks, or assumptions about someone you've never even met. You never clarify what this more than physical stuff is exactly. Also, you assume that
I have made a blanket devaluation of love, sex, and human nature all in one fell swoop, when in fact I think that all are something to be treasured and valued. 

But I digress, this is not a philosophy class, and I am merely here to gather useful information. I do value everyone's input, and I do not know everything, either.

“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »

Have you been to any of this cities Vincenzo? Do you think the city I was born in has anything to do with what car I drive? Do you know many people choosing an old Toyota when they can afford a new Mercedes?
Yes, I've been there.
When I was in Siberia, everybody drove used Toyotas, Hondas, and Ladas. Though, I have a prejudice. I favor Siberian girls now.

Here's Mark Zuckerberg of facebook. He drives an older Acura. However, I've seen a movie about him. He had problems dating girls in the movie.

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »

When you don't have a choice, most people will live on little money whether they want to or not.
Try to date Paris Hilton. A new dress every night, a new diamond, a new pink Bentley...
Can you match her by buying a new designer suit every day?

Offline Misha

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
Vince, do you really think the daughter's of Russia's billionaires will be any more down to earth than Paris Hilton?

Offline peter8435

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
I may be new to this fourm but it seems like we got off the main Question just a bit.
all I can tell you is the same answer that I gave to my then Ukrainian girl friend, every man has in his mind the look of an ideal woman, some like Asian, some like Black girls, as for me I like the look of a Russian/Ukraine woman. I have a soft spot for the accent, I like some of the traditions, thats just me, and thats why I look to Russian woman date sites.

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
Vince, do you really think the daughter's of Russia's billionaires will be any more down to earth than Paris Hilton?
I don't know about rich Russians.
But I know that Russian girls are more down to earth than American, especially in provincial cities, and especially in Siberia. They can cook, sew, knit. They can easily walk miles on high heels. They can be happy without expensive cars, diamonds, and designer outfits. But when a man presents something beautiful, a Russian girl will enjoy it.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
When I was in Siberia, everybody drove used Toyotas, Hondas, and Ladas.

It sounds like you see only what you want to see. There are plenty of Mercedes, BMWs, Lexii, Hummers and other more expensive vehicles in Siberia.

How would you know anyone purchased their car used in the first place???

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2011, 12:55:24 AM »
Yes, I've been there.
When I was in Siberia, everybody drove used Toyotas, Hondas, and Ladas. Though, I have a prejudice. I favor Siberian girls now.

I am from Siberia. The reason there are many Hondas, Hyundais and Totyotas there is they are imported from Japan. Cheaper then cars imported from Europe.
Again I am from Siberia and find there are exactly as many status conscious people as there are in Saint Petersburg where I lived for 13 years.
Mark Zuckenberg is so rich it does not matter what he drives. Is that your only example of someone who choose a cheaper car over expensive one?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:46:43 AM by Ranetka »

Offline chivo

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2011, 05:45:42 AM »
My first date with an American guy here was about the same way, that was why I started a thread in another branch, that was the problem that instead of having a nice conversation people concentrate on my "status" and details. I know that's important but I assume you don't meet many girls that ask you about your income, SSN, debts, etc on the first date, so why would I have to be put in the condition when I have to feel like I am in the interview in the American embassy instead of a date that is supposed to be romantic.
This is a good illustration of why I don't.

This from a RW living in America and her dating experiences. And even though Vincenzo's arguments are a little wacky, his point is not lost and I think he's basically saying the same thing.

My dating experiences have been different here than in America. Doesn't mean a RW doesn't want to have material things, it's just that most want to see my character first. Generally speaking one date is interesting (RW) and the other was/is an interview (AW).

I don't know, but I always felt like I had to constantly entertain AW when I was with them on a date (I usually had no problem doing it) and lord help me if I said the wrong thing. RW are more forgiving.

Nevertheless, I simply prefer RW for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with physical beauty as I think AW are just as pretty. Maybe it all boils down to their (RW) attitude towards men compared to AW...yeah, that's it, the attitude!!

Offline Misha

« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2011, 07:11:07 AM »
I don't know about rich Russians.

In that case, best to keep Paris Hilton out of the comparisons.

But I know that Russian girls are more down to earth than American, especially in provincial cities, and especially in Siberia. They can cook, sew, knit.

In my neck of the Canadian woods, knitting is becoming quite popular with young women. I often see a dozen women at Starbucks knitting, likely part of some club...

They can easily walk miles on high heels.

I don't know what this has to do with being down to earth.

They can be happy without expensive cars, diamonds, and designer outfits.

This is where you can get into some serious problems generalizing. This applies to some women, but not all, even in Siberia. Likewise, I know many Canadian women who are also happy without expensive cars, diamonds and designer outfits.

But when a man presents something beautiful, a Russian girl will enjoy it.

The same could be true of most women in most countries.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701