It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Her commenting on your physical appearance  (Read 21235 times)

Offline capricorn rising

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Her commenting on your physical appearance
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
I should say lack of commenting. If a RW thought you looked cute or ugly in the photos you send them would they tell you? It's hard to get a vibe from this girl. This is just in the email stage and she is not an agency scammer. I comment on her looks but she doesn't reciprocate. Other than that she replies quickly and seems interested.
 :-\

Offline onus

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Her commenting on your physical appearance
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
My lady does the same thing. Well unless i ask her opinion on something. I don't think she is used to complementing people who knows? But, she doesn't have to say anything though. Her eyes and facial expressions say all that needs to be said.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
I never compliment men on looks (unless to someone I know very well in joking or sarcastic way); on achivements - yeah, skills - yeah, personal traits - yeah, looks - nope

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
I never compliment men on looks (unless to someone I know very well in joking or sarcastic way); on achivements - yeah, skills - yeah, personal traits - yeah, looks - nope

Not even for something like a nice new haircut or clothes?

Offline Ade

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
It's a personal thing, you know, like in the west.

My wife did comment and still does.

Maybe these women think you guys are just fugly and they are being polite?

;D

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »

Not even for something like a nice new haircut or clothes?

Rarely and only to someone I know for some time. Definetly would not comment on looks to someone I only communicated with online (if communication is great may joke about something but would not say something on serious note).
Any guy that asks through dating site something like "Do you think I am attractive?" will be send to Bin folder

Offline Ade

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »
Any guy that asks through dating site something like "Do you think I am attractive?" will be send to Bin folder

Does that happen often?

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »

Does that happen often?

When I was using dating sites would stumble upon one or two like that every week. Question wasnt exactly formed same way but meaning was same.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
Strangely, the comment I got quite a bit before during the first initial pic exchange was if I was an actor.

"You are actor?"

I didn't realized that cowboys and *indian* movies were popular in Russia...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
I should say lack of commenting. If a RW thought you looked cute or ugly in the photos you send them would they tell you?
I see no reason for a RW to comment on your looks. Man appearance does not matter much for RW who are mature enough to value men. Or at least secondary in comparison to what and how you're talking/writing to her (women love with their ears). I think she finds it uncomfortable to make notes on your looks at this stage of relationship, even if she's got the reason to compliment. I would see the opposite approach rather strange for typical RW.
Well, when you get closer to each other she tells you even more than you'd like to hear :)

Offline Ade

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »
I see no reason for a RW to comment on your looks. Man appearance does not matter much for RW who are mature enough to value men. Or at least secondary in comparison to what and how you're talking/writing to her (women love with their ears). I think she finds it uncomfortable to make notes on your looks at this stage of relationship, even if she's got the reason to compliment. I would see the opposite approach rather strange for typical RW.
Well, when you get closer to each other she tells you even more than you'd like to hear :)

There's a related conversation over on another forum about how "women generally don't care what men look like".

;D lol

Yeah, well, good luck with that. What they will do is compromise on looks for other redeeming qualities but, of course, most women take notice of the way men look and will care to some extent. Probably to a lesser extent if you are very charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent... oh, yeah, and that other one, "wealthy". ;)

Offline AmericanBoy

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
Probably gonna recieve more negative attention for this but I'll answer your question...

I signed up @ ukrainedate about a week ago and  6 girls have said some variations of "you're beautiful" and a couple commented on my smile.

From what I saw while I was there, they do comment on looks. My look is much different than a typical Russian guy, most of them have their hair forward and mine is a mess and all of the place, but styled that way. I think I really stood out because of itr. A lot of the younger girls (15-25) would tell me I was beautiful  or call me lapochka ( I don't really know what it means but I guess its a complement ), one girl started it then everyone started calling me it, it became somewhat of  nick name. Even some of the nurses who are older 35+ would tell me  how beautiful I was Some of the compliments may have been sarcasm though. like if I was looking in a mirror fixing my hair or putting on chap stick, they'd say yes you're beautiful or of course your beautiful.

I wouldn't ask though, just have confidence like you know it.  If she's talking to you, she must have some interest in you.

Offline Belvis

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

Yeah, well, good luck with that. What they will do is compromise on looks for other redeeming qualities but, of course, most women take notice of the way men look and will care to some extent. Probably to a lesser extent if you are very charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent... oh, yeah, and that other one, "wealthy". ;)
Right. If a men is not charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent he has to be very wealthy to compensate the gravest sins you listed. And if he is not charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent, wealthy his nice appearance does not help :)

Offline Ade

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »
Right. If a men is not charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent he has to be very wealthy to compensate the gravest sins you listed. And if he is not charismatic, funny, witty, intelligent, wealthy his nice appearance does not help :)

Yes, but it's like cooking, right? A beautiful looking dish that tastes like crap is not going to go down well. Sometimes people will compromise on the presentation if the taste is really good. The better the taste, the less people will be concerned about presentation, to a certain point. It's all about balance and personal preference. But anyway, generally, women do care how men look, but it's just one ingredient in the recipe.

Thinking otherwise is just self-serving delusion and justification.

As AmericanBoy pointed out, some women do comment on how men look. It's not that uncommon. Of course, just because they don't also doesn't mean they think you're fugly. It's a personal thing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:12:42 AM by Ade »

Offline Ade

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »
I wouldn't ask though, just have confidence like you know it.  If she's talking to you, she must have some interest in you.

Yes, precisely. Confidence is the key.

If she's talking, she must think those fugy guys are good enough in other respects. There's always the light switch too, right?  ;D 

Offline Belvis

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 12:18:30 AM »

Yes, but it's like cooking, right? A beautiful looking dish that tastes like crap is not going to go down well. Sometimes people will compromise on the presentation if the taste is really good. The better the taste, the less people will be concerned about presentation, to a certain point. It's all about balance and personal preference. But anyway, generally, women do care how men look, but it's just one ingredient in the recipe.

Thinking otherwise is just self-serving delusion and justification.

As AmericanBoy pointed out, some women do comment on how men look. It's not that uncommon. Of course, just because they don't also doesn't mean they think you're fugly. It's a personal thing.
I agree.  Women do care how men look, this is just not the main ingredient in the recipe.
AmericanBoy tends to get unique responses as "he is so beautiful" :)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »
Capricone : listen : you mustn't compliment women on her look, and especially if you haven't yet meet her. Only nice guys are doing this, they believed they are saying something special (on site or in the real life). As a result, a 9 girl, can hear more than 20 times (in real life) : "you are beautiful" in just one month. You start your first seconds of real or virtual meeting with a big tag "loser".
You are in the classical western loop where a lot of guys now are waiting to be validated by women. Am i attractive ? Tell me i am strong ? My d.... is big, isn't it ?
I would advice you, especially in FSU to clean  this type of mindset of your head.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:52:00 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline AmericanBoy

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »

AmericanBoy tends to get unique responses as "he is so beautiful" :)

I'm not though. I really see myself as a regular guy & I actually think I looked better when I was younger. Confidence is key and I have a lot of that and I think people sense it. Some may take it as arrogance (even some of the guys here) but its not. I just walk around with my head high.

I say "beautiful" because that's what they say "kresivia" I don't know if theres a variation for man

Offline SFandEE

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 01:00:40 AM »
My experience is that RW like all women, care about the appearance of their man and yes, if they like the way you look they will tell you.
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline I/O

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 03:09:04 AM »
I comment on her looks but she doesn't reciprocate.
Before lamenting her silence, consider how you'd react if she wasn't.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
Strangely, the comment I got quite a bit before during the first initial pic exchange was if I was an actor.

"You are actor?"

I didn't realized that cowboys and *indian* movies were popular in Russia...
As they actually amde some, they do know what it is  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Doll

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 04:10:22 AM »
Complimenting is not a must for FSU people unlike it is here.

Offline Gator

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 05:37:06 AM »
Rarely and only to someone I know for some time. Definetly would not comment on looks to someone I only communicated with online (if communication is great may joke about something but would not say something on serious note).

A couple of RW told me the same when I asked them what turned them off during the correspondence period.  "Do you think I am attractive?" suggests lack of self-confidence or  egocentrism.  Worse was any mention of sex.

Offline Gator

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 05:40:14 AM »
I should say lack of commenting. If a RW thought you looked cute or ugly in the photos you send them would they tell you? It's hard to get a vibe from this girl. This is just in the email stage and she is not an agency scammer. I comment on her looks but she doesn't reciprocate. Other than that she replies quickly and seems interested.
 :-\

The mere fact that a RW is communicating with you after seeing your photo reveals that you are at least "okay."   

People have two faces, the one they are born with and the one they make.  Focus on the second. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:00 AM »

Man appearance does not matter much for RW who are mature enough to value men. Or at least secondary in comparison to what and how you're talking/writing to her...

I am living proof of that.  ;)

What matters are the feelings you have for each other after spending time together.  And IMO without some physical attraction the overall feelings will not support a lasting, loving relationship.

Many mature women tend to value the aura of a man, appreciating a strong yet suave man very much.   Nevertheless, RW often joke that their standard for a man's appearance is "better looking than a monkey." 

The problem is they think many men look like a monkey.  :D  Seriously, I was helping my ex- after a breakup by giving my opinion of men who had written her.  She considered many "a monkey" even though I would say "average" or "okay."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541475
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3734
Most Online Ever: 12701