It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: boating in Russia - good, bad, ugly?  (Read 11350 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: boating in Russia - good, bad, ugly?
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2019, 05:52:59 AM »
Krimster,

It has been inferred, by another poster, that I was calling you out for a lack of expertise in boating.   Inasmuch as this is the only thread where boating has been discussed, please read up and note that I had not made such a claim.  At no place on this thread did I make an inference that you are not a boating man or that you have not had fun experiences.

Creating said controversy is purely an act by another poster to try and create conflict where there is none.

My references to boating were the fun things that I have done and will continue to do as time permits.

Dear Jone

I apologise .. you did not infer 'expertise' in boating ...

You did question Krimster's expertise in another field of which I have no expertise  - strip clubs and the women that work there -  v. topless daughters

There is no excuse for MY mistake in including you with JayH in this particular instance

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2019, 08:32:57 AM »
no worries Jones,
I don’t consider myself a boat “expert” at all...
like most here, I have a limited amount of experience on a few kinds of boats...

other than being on the water with my wife and daughters,
the most fun I ever had on a boat was in an 18 foot skiff with my best friend when we were teens...

his dad was always nice enuff to hook the trailer up to their station wagon and tow us to a park next to the airport and we’d take off into the potomac from there!

I don’t remember the HP of the outboard, pretty sure under 25 HP...
one red gas tank was enuff for one way, so we bought $1.25 worth of gas at the gas station for the way back...

cooler full of... cokes!!! and not beer!!! kids!!!!
Air rifles, crab poles, baskets, inner tubes for catching bluefin crabs

it took over 2 hours at 1/2 throttle to get to the Bay but we did it!!!
AND got back before dark!!!!

AMERICA!!!!

I have total freakin expertise on being one of the MANY fathers on a Dutch beach having to endure walking with their topless teenage daughters and WHO GOT OVER IT...
so it’s no big deal to them or me...
public nudity on the beaches in europe is quite common...
you prudes should be able to handle this without all the hysteria...

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:35:39 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »

I have total freakin expertise on being one of the MANY fathers on a Dutch beach having to endure walking with their topless teenage daughters and WHO GOT OVER IT...
so it’s no big deal to them or me...
public nudity on the beaches in europe is quite common...
you prudes should be able to handle this without all the hysteria...

It is a TERRIBLE idea, from standpoint of men, when females expose their breasts anywhere and anytime except during romance with their man.

Has nothing to do with idea of prudes.

Really . . . anyone doesn't understand this ????
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2019, 11:19:54 AM »
Yeah,

I love the Potomac.   And even more Chesapeake.  I had a friend who had a sailing yacht over at Annapolis and we'd make the dash over to Tilghman Island and sail around in the Choptank.  There were no moorings, so we'd sail up one of the estuaries and either tie it off to an overhanging tree or throw out an anchor.   Did that about three times over the years with him.   Then he sold the yacht and I never heard from him again. 

But the most fun was on the Rappahannok.  We had friends that had a place right on the water and we'd stay in cabins there and fish and then buy crab at the local market.   I still remember that sweet meet that was so damnably hard to get to.   They had small sail boats to sail on the river.   I found my first horseshoe crab there.  Crazy looking thing, scared the hell out of me before they told me what it was.

My kids know that if ever there comes a time where I could get an extra vacation home, it would be somewhere in that area.   Preferably one without the mosquitoes. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »
It is a idea, from standpoint of men, when females expose their breasts anywhere and anytime except during romance with their man.

Has nothing to do with idea of prudes.

Really . . . anyone doesn't understand this ????

NO...

I never tire of seeing SC's assets.. covered or uncovered .. I guess each to his own

Offline Gator

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2019, 01:15:00 PM »

Then you are even dafter then I thought ..given your 'Brexit' ..... 'expertise' 

Your opinion about Jone's Brexit expertise likely derives from the fact that he has not lived for decades in the UK as you have done.

Now you know how Americans feel about you when you comment on American politics.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

Hmm, that line might have worked if you had said converting knots or Mph to Km/h...

What is a Km? 

Offline msmob

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »
Your opinion about Jone's Brexit expertise likely derives from the fact that he has not lived for decades in the UK as you have done.

Nope..

It is purely based on his Trench-like 'grasp' of the circumstances .. it's not like Jone doesn't get offered and chance to learn by his mistakes ..

Now you know how Americans feel about you when you comment on American politics.   

Again, you are basing your assertion on an incorrect assumption ..

The UK has a 'populist' misogynistic, leader for whom 'facts' are an inconvenience, too.   

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
There you, what was an otherwise 'benign', or FWIW, a boring thread, like most of all the other silly threads in this board these days; always end up with old farts virtually clawing one another.

The Rise of the 12 odd couples!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2019, 04:14:56 PM »
yeah, I remember the Choptank over by Easton, but the Wye River had better crabbing at low tide!!!

back in the day, you’d even see oysterman working their 75 lb oyster tongs or even oyster dredgers out in the Bay....
probably not now though....
though Potomac looks cleaner than it used to...

the street I grew up on has hardly changed
only change is people prefer yellow to white for exterior house paint now

ML, in regards to your objection...
is the awful public menace of bare breasts
the prospect that it becomes normal...
instead of “titillating”?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:37:26 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
There you, what was an otherwise 'benign', or FWIW, a boring thread, like most of all the other silly threads in this board these days; always end up with old farts virtually clawing one another.

The Rise of the 12 odd couples!

No irony at all from the guy put on a leash ...

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »
No irony at all from the guy put on a leash ...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2019, 09:25:01 PM »
GQB,

To be clear, I did not exclude myself from the 'old farts' nor the 'crime'..

It just seems you may not be enlightened enough to realise you are part of the club....or may be it's a denial issue? ...

Offline msmob

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »

BTW --I an still waiting to see the slightest proof of you claim to being invited onto the British Sailing Team !  ( for those not following--it was another of Moby's stupid lies as he attempted to big note himself ! Nothing wrong with being  low level competitor-- which if you want to compare to golf-- Moby is about at 150 per 18 holes level with his sailing !

:cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

Whilst the RYA do not keep such records to prove you a fibber, I was at the sailing club, today..

I won the club championship for six years out of seven and lost the 84 one on a discard system because I was also doing the open circuit.

So, if you are still daft enough to believe that my club has 'average sailors' ..do post to that effect and I will list the national and European winners from the club..many who I beat and was the target to beat as I hit my thirties ...

If you are daft enough to doubt this is the club champ board you should know that in 85/ 6/ 7 I won every trophy possible and needed a wheel barrow to collect my trophies..at the Club Dinner Dance...in fact they changed the rules for prize giving as I was up to collect first place 20 plus times..

'Sorry' JayH.... You really are daft to doubt what I kept telling you.

Zoom

Full size Club Championship Winners' Board

Zoom in with your browser to see the bottom left hand corner ( no 'photoshopping ') 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:36:44 PM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2227
Total: 2238

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM