It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anti U.S. News in Russia  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Anti U.S. News in Russia
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:10:46 AM »
For those who live in Russia.  How much news is devoted to anti U.D. rhetoric?  My wife watched the debate the other night and commented that there is so much anti Russian news and sentiment.  Personally I don't believe there is that much on our news. So, just wondering what is the Russian news like as it pertains to the U.S.?

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Anti U.S. News in Russia
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
One does not have to live in Russia to listen to Russian news. 

My wife watches it periodically and also discusses news with her family back in Russia.  She says Russian TV accuses America of creating a conflict with Russia, and American TV news is not speaking Pravda to Americans.    She adds Putin is preparing for war. 

I tell her to look around - there will be no war, certainly not over Syria.   Any mention of Russia now in the US is merely Clinton making points against Trump. 

I categorize my wife's sentiment as indifferent.  Such was confirmed when her son,  a Gung Ho JrROTC in high school, said he is an American citizen and if there is war against Russia, he would fight for America.  Her son's stance did not alarm her.  In fact, I detected a smile.   

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »

I categorize my wife's sentiment as indifferent.  Such was confirmed when her son,  a Gung Ho JrROTC in high school, said he is an American citizen and if there is war against Russia, he would fight for America.  Her son's stance did not alarm her.  In fact, I detected a smile.

Just a couple of years or so back . . . you noted that the son was quite pro-Russian.

What explains the 180 degree ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »
Just a couple of years or so back . . . you noted that the son was quite pro-Russian.

What explains the 180 degree ?

He has been brainwashed by a gunny in his Jr ROTC program.   

Seriously, he loves America.  He loves Russia.  He dismisses the bad propaganda, both that about the US in Russian news and that about Russia in American news (and American movies).

This week he is at Paris Island.  Ooh Rah! Semper Fi!  

A busload of his fellow Jr ROTC were selected for a week of seeing the Corps up close.  We had to sign a waiver (helicopters, landing craft, and such) so his mother was worried.  She was also worried whether the drill instructors would beat him (common practice in Russian military with some serious injuries).    The fact that I had served in the military helped to ease her concerns. 

Of course she has not heard from him other than a photo and message as they approached the gate.  I told her the training is serious, and for safety and discipline reasons they would collect the phones from all the cadets to be returned when they depart.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM