It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The difference between RW and AW  (Read 16576 times)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
The difference between RW and AW
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2005, 09:08:39 AM »
there are lots of beautiful RW ages 19029 who want to marry an established western man....and they will.  Our job is to make the tougher decision to find a woman who is beautiful on the inside as well as out.  If we realize that no one is perfect and we can understand the culltual differences she will encounter, then I am sure we can live happily ever after with our new bride.  For her, life will be much better than in FSU.  For us, we will have an appreciate wife and the possiblity of doing partenthood again....I can't wait!

And yes, it was a good experience for me to be holed up in a FSU hotel room waiting for my girl to visit me.  And it was good to walk the streets, not being able to talk to anyone or even read the signs!  Good because now I understand what she will experience when she comes to my place.   I'll be understanding...
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline sledder

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 06:06:18 PM »
This site is killing me!!  Since I started posting here inthe last week or so I have spent every evening reading posts on many different subjects.  I was going to get some studying done tonight...but here I am at 8:30 MT.  This sublect has touched a spark with me and I feel the need to throw my two cents in.  I have been divorced for over three years now.  At the time I was married to a 27 yo AW with 2 children. 13 yrs for thoss doing the math.  I'm not bragging here just laying the groundwork.  I am a decent looking guy so I have been told.  I am 6'5" and weigh about 215 or so.  When I tell my frinds good friends who know me about the woman I am looking for, I get lectured about we have to look beyond their looks.  You know what I totally agree don't fall in love with a picture or a nice figure or a number or anything besides a person.  However There must be some basic attraction some physical beauty that would motivate me to walk across the bar / reataurant or whatever to say hi.  With that being said all relationships take a lot of work.  Might as well spend that time with a good looking woman with a great attitude as instead of anything with a bad attitude.  I will not compromise in the area of character (morals, values, etc.)I have found that Russian/Ukrainian women are like AW many years ago.  I have been asking questions of many of you becasue my intent is to go to Ukraine and find a "Trophy" wife.  The fact that she may be the most beautiful woman in the world (which I hope she is) does not make her the trophy.  The fact that she has good morals and values and will make me happy that is the trophy part for me.  I am not sure I know what she looks like.... on the outside, but I will recognoze her fairly quickly once we get to know each other.  Don't get me wrong I'm not going through the listings and picking out the least beautiful of the women, but I am reading and writing and trying to get to know more about them in hopes of finding the one that puts a smile on my face when I think about her and makes me laugh when I read her letters.  I agree there is nothing wrong with finding a younger attractive RW  who desires the same thing out of life that I do.  One other point here.  I have looked for a single,attractive AW, who deos not have children, who wants to have a family, who is young enough to still have children.  The percentage is small, now add attractive, compatible and I will meet her in the near future and the odds are worse than Vegas odds by a long ways!!!!!  Once again log onto any RW web site and there are more beautiful women who fit into the catagory I am searching for who are looking for the same thing I am.  On paper it seems like the perfect fit.  Not sure why I have not been there yet.... guess I am a little slower than most.  

By the way that brings to mind two questions;
1. Does anybody have a good resource for airline tickets?  Everything I find is running $1100.00 or so.  
2. How long does it take to get a visa to Ukraine?  I am wanting to travel in June?

Thanks All!!
Alan

Offline Noyrt

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 07:57:55 PM »
Quote from: Bruno

But don't worry, i am sure that the RW will be like our AW/EW in arount ten year... i see the evolution each year during my vacation in Russia... the young woman are more and more like our woman... a RW below 20 year old is almost like our woman, between 20 and 30, take care in your choice,... and up 30, they are traditional RW... now, you have RW for all the taste but in ten year... Russia change fast, very fast and they use our modern world for model ...

I agree.... Ditto.  I have seen it first hand also, with the younger RW 20-25 that I have met.   I've seen young girls there having thier own cell phones.  Cell phones are not cheap over there, but as popular vanity as here, if not more.

I agree.. It's only getting harder to find a good woman, as they are getting spoiled quickly there, as much from us at travelers as from general western influence.

Noyrt,  

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
sounds like it's sell phones which spoil russian girls and turn them into american ones:D

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2005, 05:09:13 AM »
The difference between RW and AW?

1. Accent
2. Eats raw onions, or raw garlic with salt and smoked and/or salted down pork fat. (I do too.. actually quite tasty)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2005, 05:25:39 AM »
Quote from: Michael

...For her, life will be much better than in FSU...

IMHO wrong Michael..

There's good and bad in the FSU and elsewhere.. 'Quality of life' ain't that bad.  Sure a big ol' ranch house is roomier than an apartment but the apartment is much much cheaper to maintain both in terms of money and time. Many more similar examples available... It really is all relative.  I find FSU people have much more time for the 'better' more enjoyable things in life.

Stay away from the 'hype' and build your opinions first hand from your experiences there.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701