It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Pictures of men scammers  (Read 27221 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 10:45:30 PM »
wonder who was that guy - an authore of that pic:P:P

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 10:56:17 PM »
Quote from: Bruno
If i think that a Belgium man is a scam, i will not be afraid to say it to everybody... and certainly, i go never say to a russian woman to try... it is a morale and ethics point of view... we call this honesty.

And I said and say still: risk... because if you know russian I wrote there it seems to me this photo is unreal, though I can be mistaken

and if I am mistaken now then it looks like I accused innocent one... so a repeat once again rish, and maybe you will win
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Bruno

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2005, 11:06:17 PM »
Kvinna, i have good read your russian text... and i have understand it ( with help of translator ;) like always)... and in my reply, i have write ... interesting to know why you think the photo is not true ... and the reply to this can be interesting for us...

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Trips: None (yet)
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2005, 11:24:22 PM »
Quote from: Bruno
Kvinna, i have good read your russian text... and i have understand it ( with help of translator ;) like always)... and in my reply, i have write ... interesting to know why you think the photo is not true ... and the reply to this can be interesting for us...

because this looks like professional... and girl there looks also like a professional model

Pay attention to her pose
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2005, 01:31:06 AM »
Frank - I agree.  They do look like magazine photos - how many ladies get photos taken in fields when they are barefoot and possibly dressed in their PJs?  I suppose it is possible if a lady specifically did it to have photos to share with men, maybe.

This is why I've asked the agency to provide her with a disposible camera and handle the processing for me.

Kevin

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2005, 02:30:26 AM »
I think the agencies have some very good photographers.   Personally I think the photo is real enough.   The agencies have a good motovation to have great photos.  They make a lot of money from them.   Many of the gals I have met in real life are more attractive than their photos and many are far less attractive.   My guess on this lady is:   In the photo she is a knockout.  I think she has a great smile and she is very pretty.   I will be in real life my bet is that she will be reasonably attractive but less so than the photo.

I could post a photo of the gal I met at my last social in Kiev last November as she is in real life (about a 2-3) and what she looks like in the agency photo on a Kiev Agency site where she is there in a tiger skin bikini and looks like a playboy centerfold and a 9+.   A great photographer can do wonders. 

The photos are beautiful.  I think geting some non professional photos will help you decide much more about her.   I think she will be very attractive one way or the other.

Offline Bruno

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2005, 04:19:42 AM »
Kevin,

I think that Kvinna have right about the pose... if the woman have give a photo to the agency, why the photo is cut ... your have not all the head and one hand is removed... it is like a half photo...

Now, i have see her profil on amruss and meetrussiangirl ( they are the same staff and profile )... again, the photo is almost the same...

And what about the scan of the photo... several woman on the site have good quality photo... but the quality of her photo is bad... like a photo send via e-mail... if the agency have a office in St Peterburgs, why the woman have not send or bring real photo...

Now, about the agency, they say have 3 office... St Petersburg, Omsk, Moscow... and the staf is 6 people with only one translator, director, technic... for the 3 office !!!!

On the second site, they organise tour where you can meet "thousand of woman" ... with a catalogue of around hundred woman ???

Why ask agency for take photo from her... ask her a familly photo... each russian woman have a big collection of familly photo... when i have wish check Galina in the begin of our relation, i have ask if she have photo from her with our future family... she have send me during one month a lot of photo from baby to adult.... she was so happy that i have show interest in her family...

A other problem with the photo... she don't look the camera... if you are not a professional model, it is really very difficult to not look the guys who take photo...

It is only little detail and it is possible that these woman is real... but take care... if the agency don't agree for the photo or use some excuse, send her flower via http://www.russianflora.com/ and ask about a photo of reception...

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2005, 05:38:00 AM »
Bruno -

I did not spot her in either catalog, do you have a URL you can post?  I was under the impression she was a "mail only" client of theirs.

BTW - The agency agreed to send her a camera, we are working out the details now.

Attached is a different photo of her looking into the camera.

Kevin

Offline Bruno

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 06:21:48 AM »
Oooopss ... Kevin, i have search on the catalogue a woman like the first foto, 25 year old, with medical formation, from St Petersburg... now that i have read again your post, i have mix some data between the #1, #2, #3,... and other... no easy to work with number :?, i prefert name ;)... it is more personal and not so cold...

The second photo is more "natural"... and now, in all case, you go have your reply in some time... no more need to try search if she is a scam of not...

Inform us of the result...

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2005, 06:35:16 AM »
I think sometimes we think about the old attage. "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is"   I really am not so sure that applies to Russian ladies.  She is very pretty and I am sure would be a prize.   She seems pretty sincere.

Personally I think if you worry too much about her not being real and work too hard at making sure she is real, you might end up destroying the trust that is necessary for a good realionship.

There are a lot of scammers out there but I think if you assume every girl is a scammer you are going to end up watching tv alone in your old age.   Have a little faith.  At worst you loose some time, a lot of money and 6 months or work in your search.   There are a lot more where she came from but she could well be the real thing.

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2005, 06:44:23 AM »
Sorry Bruno, for some reason I don't divulge private data (like a name) unless there is a reason to.  Now there is, if you find "Sveta" posted on any web sites I really would appreciate knowing about it.  She is indeed in the medical field in St. Petersburg, at least the agency told me they delivered flowers to her there (through yet another party).

Kevin

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2005, 06:46:55 AM »
Truer words I haven't heard.  I suffer from starting out this effort by subscribing to some of the anti-scam list and getting my head full of horror stories.  I am not as paranoid as many on those list, but I have built up some shields, and I know I have probably offended some ladies because of it.

It is not easy finding the right balance.

Kevin

Offline Bruno

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2005, 07:11:03 AM »
Kevin,

The trust is need from the very beginning for build a strong relation... anti-scam program are not interest at the level of woman herself... to much photo thief who use other identity, woman listed without real reason, girl from other agency ( several anti-scam program have own marriage agency !!! )...

For myself, i have use a simple method... in my introduction letter, i have always join a copy of my international and national passport... and i ask the same of the woman... if she send it and the control of the IP from e-mail is good, we can start and try build a relation other bye bye, next one... i have not time too loose for someone who lie of who hide is identity...

PS : if you send a copy of your passport, don't forget to use your graphics program for write in big red letter on it : "not for publish, only for personal use"... so, nobody can use your identity... for american who like privacy, you can "blur" sensible number on the copy... like passport number of social security number...

Offline Frank

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2005, 08:13:34 AM »
Kevin, 

I really think the extra pictures will take care of the situation.  Just incase she is legitimate, save your assessment of the situation for now.  Just chill and wait.  If she is a real person, I would hate to see you lose her.

Frank
When in doubt, run!!!!!!!

Offline tim 360

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2005, 08:35:31 AM »
It is very easy for one to be suspicious.  Even if one does not want to be.  If those 2 photos were the only photos I had received of the girl...I would have questions.  And would appreciate a couple normal photos.  Why?

Photographically,  they are both very good shots.  Almost too good.  Attention is paid to the girl,  her "look" and and pose,  the photo looks like a pro shot them.  Also,  the way the light falls shows very good care in the composition.  The selective depth of field on both photos is not indicative of a casual or amateur photo,  but more of a money shoot.  With reflector boards highlighting her perfect pose.  Her mother definitely did not take this shot. 

So much care in a photo....yet the subject's placement is very strange and remarkable when so much effort was put into the 2 photos.  But the perfect subject is off kilter.

My guess is these could very well be magazine cut-outs,  with the product name removed.  Get some back-up,  regular girl photos.  My 2 kopeks.
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline tim 360

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2005, 08:46:03 AM »
On the other hand,  one does not really know for sure.  Easy to be suspicious.  Have you talked with her on the phone?  Ask yourself about the content of her letters?  Do you have her real home address?

You could drive yourself crazy thinking too much about it too.  Don't.  Maybe just go and have other girls on your list to meet,  that way you minimize your risk exposure.  Never fall in love with a photo or even get too interested either.  Plently of real and nice ladies there for you to meet in person.  Ciao, Tim
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2005, 10:34:28 AM »
In my book it all starts after you meet. Before then it's only penpals and fantasy even with phone calls.. (stealing jb's steam again)

For some reason the hair on my neck sticks up when someone mentions 'my GF', a 'relationship' or 'fiancee' before meeting face to face.. brrr....

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2005, 11:13:52 AM »
All -  Sveta is indeed a mix of red and green flags.  No phone, no direct e-mail (or at least not yet - I almost wonder if ladies don't give out e-mails until they are hooked on a guy just to protect their time).  All photos look like they are from the same set.  There is another board member that has written her and got some different stats (new news). Flower and letter deliveries to her address apparently work, and she answers questions.  Like I said, a mix.

The new camera photos should tell.

Kevin

Offline Dave

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2005, 04:46:04 PM »
i have been talking to kevin privately about this woman since yesterday. i had been writing to her for about 6 months with absolutely no red flags at all(that i could see). i wrote to her address from several different agencies to "test" her and she received them all. the physical address that she gave me i have recently found out is a po box. she has gone to finland and amruss is forwarding her letters to a finland address. i must say that until i saw kevin post the photo, i would have made this girl the poster child for "non scammer". about 2 months into our letters, i had a woman attempt to scam me. i told her about this and told her i would never send her money(she hadnt asked). this was her reply "It is very interesting to read about money which you would be unable to send to me. Why do you think that I would take any money from you? I can take money only from my parents. "

bruno...this is the same girl that i was trying to get an email to a month ago

Offline Bruno

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »

[line]
bruno...this is the same girl that i was trying to get an email to a month ago
[line]

Hello Dave, i remember it ... a lot of work for try search her in several hospital in Finland without result... and you have give a lot of more information for the search that Kevin...

Sorry Dave, it seem that Kevin have find her back before you... Maybe your problem of communication with her have begin in the same time that when Kevin have appear in his life...

Maybe you can go together visit her, she can make her choice... :D( Joke for make our russian woman happy ):D 

Offline Dave

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2005, 09:32:35 PM »
actually as kevin and i have been comparing notes it is becoming more and more likely that this woman is not who she claims to be. same photos, almost an identical 3rd letter yet differences in birthdays and height.(i started talking to her last july so her b-day was october. kevin starts talking with her recently and her b-day now is april) i dont know, maybe i just simply didnt see the signs or didnt want to see them but this girl had me going for 6 months...never asked for money though so im still not sure what the end game is with her. guess we will have to wait and see how things pan out.

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2005, 02:37:29 AM »
about 2 months into our letters, i had a woman  attempt to scam me. i told her about this and told her i would never send her money(she hadnt asked). this was her reply "It is very interesting to read about money which you would be unable to send to me. Why do you think that I would take any money from you? I can take money only from my parents. "

I am just curious what attempt it was???

I am almost sure that this girl Kevin shows us is not real.  As many said, photos look like they are from some magazine and bad-scanned. Professional photos that girls use never look so blurry. And I even think these agency is a scam. May be they have 1-3 real girls but I doubt you guys, would chose them.

Kevin, you just confiirmed the fact that what man talk and he wants in real life it 2 big diferences (as talk in Odessa). You said you look an intellectual lady but you are ready to be hooked up with first sweet chicky face.

Guys, why do you permit to marriage agencies to control your private life??? You write letters through them - how do you know if girls really get what YOU write (agency can easy to change your letters and if translate - do it as they wish - same with girls letters)?

And when you test girls, make background check and so on, it looks like you buy new real estate, and not try to find soulmate! Do you make background check of a girl you meet in local pub? Decent girl is not needed to be checked - she will prove her person with her letters, telephone calls and photos herself. In small towns girls can not have telephone but there can be also solutions. But when a girl from St.Petersburg doesn't have telephone, cannot find internet cafe but have money for professional photograf... :dude:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 02:40:00 AM by Fiorella »

Offline Goombah

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2005, 03:13:42 AM »
Fiorella -

Just for the record:  

She contacted me and I continued the conversation.  Without doing so I would have no way to determine her intelligence.

I just turned down the 24 yo model and am concentrating on a 33 yo lady I was introduced to who is real and intelligent.

I never gamble with more than I can afford to lose.  It was worth the small investment in Sveta in case she is real and things go badly with the 33 yo lady.  I suppose she is my back-up plan.

Kevin

Offline acrzybear

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2005, 04:28:19 AM »
I am constantly amazed at how resourceful Lydmila is, I remember one conversation we had when I visited her.  She was perturbed with me for spending what she considered an outlandish sum for something and I replied that it was only money and not that much money at that.  She made her point very clearly when she replied to me that she would like to see me live on her income, I then realized the general impressions are of Americans.  We spend money without thinking and think we can buy everything without worrying about the effects it has. 

I've learned alot from this lady and I'm planning on "keeping" her, but as we all know we do not have the final say so in that department and it will be up to her.

One thing that amazes me about this whole foriegn marriage deal is that someone would be willing to move to another country away from their friends and family with someone they do not really know all that well.  Some of the guys here lived for a month or two with a lady and will show some of the persons true character, but it takes longer then that to reall know someone.  I do not know if I would have the courage to move to another country with no support system and not knowing how things will work out.

Just some thoughts from a old 35 yo crazybear, I'll just go back to hibernating in the cave now :?     
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 04:29:00 AM by acrzybear »
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline BC

Pictures of men scammers
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2005, 05:14:11 AM »

And when you test girls, make background check and so on, it looks like you buy new real estate, and not try to find soulmate! Do you make background check of a girl you meet in local pub? Decent girl is not needed to be checked - she will prove her person with her letters, telephone calls and photos herself. In small towns girls can not have telephone but there can be also solutions. But when a girl from St.Petersburg doesn't have telephone, cannot find internet cafe but have money for professional photograf... :dude:

Fiorella,

I think you are likely correct in your assesment. And yes men are primarily attracted to these cuties instead of digging around agency and meeting sites for the 'real thing'..  On the other hand there is a need to verify whether a woman is real or not.. I would think exiting customs in Kyiv or SVO and finding no one waiting is not much fun.

In this electronic age maybe it's best to get back to handwritten letters and 'snail mail'.  I would think with the easy pickings a true scammer has via email, the effort to write a real letter and wait for a reply would be too much work.. Unfortunately the WM's need for 'instant gratification' is often also great and helps to 'feed the lions'. IMHO there are many 'real' and honest women that have little or no way to communicate electronically.

It's high time to get off the beaten paths..  

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2264
Total: 2274

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM