It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Being a gentleman or a chump?  (Read 61380 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Being a gentleman or a chump?
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
brownbeard, I think if you are adamant on an FSUW, you should consider hiring someone who can help you prescreen for sincere women.  Stirlitz (Igor Kalinin), who posts here sometimes, is someone who can help you.  He is in Ukraine.

Eduard, who doesn't post here, will work with you until you find a wife.  He only finds women in Russia, though.  He lives in Florida, but emigrated from the USSR, and speaks Russian fluently.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:33:40 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »
BO, that actually makes sense...
so I'm sure it'll be rejected

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »

you can't cheat an honest man

Heard this before.  I subscribe to "a scared man can not gamble," but I do not subscribe to your expression.
Maybe if you expanded to "man honest to himself and wise."   

What about honest (truthful) man sending money for air tix and visa, and she does not show?   

Online krimster2

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »
if he's honest (and wise) what are his motives?
the only reason for him to please a scammer is the hope she'll please him
not because he's an altruist and likes to perform noble deeds
this is the essence of all scams that scammers play
that's why if YOU have integrity - scams just don't work
never did on me, though MANY tried (oh man did they TRY!)
because the difference between a scammer and a woman with integrity
is like the difference between night and day
and if you find it suddenly getting dark
probably time to go...

bottom line, if you're a guy and you can't tell the difference between someone who has genuine sincere feelings towards you and someone just trying to use you
then you have a much BIGGER problem than just someone trying to use you
I NEVER had a problem detecting this difference

it’s a good thing Mr Beard doesn’t have pictures to back up his claims
because if he did, I would sure look like a total idiot!!!!
and he would look like the most AMAZING SUCCESSFUL MAN EVER!
but how can he have photos of something that just doesn’t exist....
so yeah, IT'S A GOOD THING HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY PICTURES....

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:36:44 PM by krimster2 »

Offline brownbeard99

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »
brownbeard, I think if you are adamant on an FSUW, you should consider hiring someone who can help you prescreen for sincere women.  Stirlitz (Igor Kalinin), who posts here sometimes, is someone who can help you.  He is in Ukraine.

Eduard, who doesn't post here, will work with you until you find a wife.  He only finds women in Russia, though.  He lives in Florida, but emigrated from the USSR, and speaks Russian fluently.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
Thank you. Definitely worth looking into.

I just know I don’t trust agencies. I have continued an extended conversation with the iPhone girl in an effort to understand her. She told me she works with several agencies doing PPL, translating, and as a date. She let me know they are all pretty much scams. Of course, she doesn’t feel bad about fleecing these men because “they deserve it”

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »
Thank you. Definitely worth looking into.

You can reach Ed here
http://realrussianmatch.com/

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline rwd123

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
"What are you doing in Ukraine?", the women there may ask you. The naked truth is - primarily, having sex with random women in the shortest amount of time possible! If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then it is probably a duck. You walked and talked like a sex tourist. The women saw it a mile away. It should come as no surprise you attracted materialistic gold diggers and alcoholics. Welcome to Ukraine!

You may disagree with the sex tourist label but in the eyes of essentially every woman (and man) you met there you would have been marked as one. It matters not how you view yourself, but how locals view you. You weren't there to visit family, or on business, or to study, or even out of curiosity for history and Slavic culture. Therefore, in their eyes you're a sex tourist. Why else would you be in Ukraine? Just like fellow sex hound James claiming to be a tourist to immigration officials in Dnipro - laughable! Even worse, if local women knew, you'd be branded as a sex tourist looking for freebie sex. Cheap foreigner sex tourist!

Here's a small tip - Ukraine isn't really a good place to find a wife (for foreigners). That's not to say there aren't worthy potential wives, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't worth it for most guys - particularly for those with little or no language skills and interest in the culture. You'll need to get street smart super quick if you head back. I don't understand why guys interested in FSUW are so fixated on Ukraine. There are so many cities in Russia (and other countries) to meet women without the stench of sex tourism, pro-daters, etc.

I am not intending to offend but simply to be direct.

Offline ML

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:50 PM »
I don't understand why guys interested in FSUW are so fixated on Ukraine. There are so many cities in Russia (and other countries) to meet women without the stench of sex tourism, pro-daters, etc.

In the current climate, many men wouldn't touch a RW or Russia itself with a 10 foot pole.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
In the current climate, many men wouldn't touch a RW or Russia itself with a 10 foot pole.

True ML, Russian girls would be a more difficult to explain situation. After the Salisbury novichok includent here it was a bit of a situation to avoid talking about with resident Russians. Matters have eased but it certainly placed Russia back in the old Cold War 'enemy' category for a while in most of the country's mind. It's still not exactly deemed friendly territory and the UK gov no doubt still view them as an enemy.

I would find it most probably that the UK military & Civil Service would be currently banning UK born children with Russian parent, even grandparent from admittance. Reckon chances may be somewhat better if Ukrainian parent, grandparent however.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
"What are you doing in Ukraine?", the women there may ask you. The naked truth is - primarily, having sex with random women in the shortest amount of time possible! If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then it is probably a duck. You walked and talked like a sex tourist. The women saw it a mile away. It should come as no surprise you attracted materialistic gold diggers and alcoholics. Welcome to Ukraine!

You may disagree with the sex tourist label but in the eyes of essentially every woman (and man) you met there you would have been marked as one. It matters not how you view yourself, but how locals view you. You weren't there to visit family, or on business, or to study, or even out of curiosity for history and Slavic culture. Therefore, in their eyes you're a sex tourist. Why else would you be in Ukraine? Just like fellow sex hound James claiming to be a tourist to immigration officials in Dnipro - laughable! Even worse, if local women knew, you'd be branded as a sex tourist looking for freebie sex. Cheap foreigner sex tourist!

Here's a small tip - Ukraine isn't really a good place to find a wife (for foreigners). That's not to say there aren't worthy potential wives, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't worth it for most guys - particularly for those with little or no language skills and interest in the culture. You'll need to get street smart super quick if you head back. I don't understand why guys interested in FSUW are so fixated on Ukraine. There are so many cities in Russia (and other countries) to meet women without the stench of sex tourism, pro-daters, etc.

You make good points RWD, I think for many, particularly UK guys it's the easy access Ukraine offers as a visa free country. I share your view that it is both screwed over by the dating industry there but not necessarily impossible to find someone.

I mentioned once before on here the cost of visits back to other halfs home country, if that is Russia then expense and bother of getting visas can add up. For me my upcoming trip in May, may be the last to Ukraine or towards the end of them if no joy is forthcoming. I like Ukraine as a country but I've seen enough of it now that I see little need to see other parts of it unless a real need. Ukraine is an easy fly in country.

Russia on the other hand is a country I would go for a more longer term planned expidition to justify the visa time & expense, more arduous for us UK guys than US guys as we don't get the same 3yr visa deal. I think it's got more genuine prospects but in places like Moscow you're up against more wealthier local FSUM than in places like Kiev. So I'm guessing more far flung cities are probably the way to go.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mhr7

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »

This is love not politics, Russia is a perfect place to find a wife.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline JayH

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »

I just know I don’t trust agencies. I have continued an extended conversation with the iPhone girl in an effort to understand her. She told me she works with several agencies doing PPL, translating, and as a date. She let me know they are all pretty much scams. Of course, she doesn’t feel bad about fleecing these men because “they deserve it”

Really --DUH!!!
You did not like it when I gave you less than 1% chance in the first place --now -- "SHE told me"  !!  Each and EVERY part of that I have written about at least 100 times --plus literally 1000's of others in posts .

There is  a paradox I  want to raise here ---  the constant advice here is to get in direct communication asap --which is good in itself -- BUT -- the likely result is exactly what happened here.
From her perspective --- her only interest is to set up the next mark  --and use the natural assets she has.hence she has no real interest in protracted  online contact either.

A  long time ago-- an agency owner explained it to me in this basic way -- no one is holding a gun at a guys head to part with his money -he does it voluntarily  --  hard to argue with that logic !!! 

Attempting to apply western values and question legality and call a scam etc is just missing the point ( Krimster said it up thread somewhere )  --recognise the field and game you are attempting to play on. 

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:03:08 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »

I do....... and my pole is only 9 foot!!!

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »

Not disagreeing 100% with your comments --but --it is wrong to attempt to tar the whole population of Ukraine with the one brush.  It is far to easy  to focus on the negatives of Ukraine  -- and  the fact that some of the issues you raise are negatives --but to some --they are positives and the reason some go there in the first place. eg  The idiot Trenchcoat thinks he can get a girl on the cheap because of the obnoxious rambling of Roosh and others of his ilk that have promoted that.

A  forum poster who is particularly'"know it all" obnoxious poster tried to tell a poster here that his wife was no better than a prostitute -- or was one --because she did the web site thing.It shows a total lack of understanding of how  that happened in the past ( & still does) -- girls are often "victims " too - and being exploited.
In the case of BB above -- this is the more advanced stage  -- and probably the result of a decade or more of involvement at the different levels of the "industry"
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline rwd123

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2019, 12:42:12 AM »
it is wrong to attempt to tar the whole population of Ukraine with the one brush.
When did I tar ALL of Ukraine? There are particular dating potholes that are peculiar or possibly even unique to Ukraine (based both on what I have read and my personal experiences in multiple FSU countries/regions).

The point I was making is that it seems the majority of men pursuing foreign wives on this board end up in Ukraine. There are many cities in other FSU countries with large (Slavic) populations where dating will be "easier" - though not necessarily "easy".

http://sashat.me/2017/04/21/what-happened-to-soviet-cities

There are plenty of interesting places on that list that are not flooded with sex tourists, pro-daters, marriage agencies, etc.

Offline msmob

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2019, 02:55:56 AM »

GREAT ..

That leaves more choice for those wise enough to realise it doesn't matter who one votes for ( if at all - so many gave up )  - the incumbent will 'win'

Come on, ML ... you're smarter than this

Offline Gator

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:20 AM »

:ROFL:

As far as I know my RW wife is not an agent of Putin.  Unlike 10 years ago, she is disappointed in Putin. 
She loves her mother country's culture, yet would never move back to Russia.   

More men go to Ukraine because RW in general have a better economy and are less interested in the concept of marrying a foreigner and leaving Russia.   I found it difficult to convince my wife to move because she was for the most part happy with her life.  I assert such is exactly the type of woman a man should romance, whether from Ukraine or Russia.

Also, are tourist visas not easier for Ukraine?   

Online krimster2

« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:58 AM »
if you're a western guy and you can't succeed in Ukraine
then the problem is not in your stars
or even in Ukraine
the problem is within YOU
with all of the advantages you have in Ukraine
and you still can’t succeed?
why?

Gator
no visa for Ukraine
I received a 3 yr multi-entry visa last year for Russia, I think it was about $300, can't recall the exact price
for some the required disclosure of their "background" on their Russian visa application might be a problem!!!

clues for the clueless

let's say you're an "average" looking 40 yr old urban professional in the USA with a $100,000/yr income
how will you be perceived in Ukraine?
multiply that income by 10
take 10 yr off your age
and add 2 points to your appearance

so suddenly you become a 30 yr old hot looking successful "millionaire"
and you're in Ukraine.....

and you still FAIL?
WACK! that was the sound of my hand hitting my forehead!!!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 07:07:35 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2019, 07:12:58 AM »
if you're a western guy and you can't succeed in Ukraine
then the problem is not in your stars
or even in Ukraine
the problem is within YOU
with all of the advantages you have in Ukraine
and you still can’t succeed?
why?

Gator
no visa for Ukraine
I received a 3 yr multi-entry visa last year for Russia, I think it was about $300, can't recall the exact price
for some the required disclosure of their "background" on their Russian visa application might be a problem!!!

clues for the clueless

let's say you're an "average" looking 40 yr old urban professional in the USA with a $100,000/yr income
how will you be perceived in Ukraine?
multiply that income by 10
take 10 yr off your age
and add 2 points to your appearance

so suddenly you become a 30 yr old hot looking successful "millionaire"
and you're in Ukraine.....

and you still FAIL?
WACK! that was the sound of my hand hitting my forehead!!!

First scenario I would imagine you would be like an Oligarch. Second scenario I imagine you would hold god like status :D

Online krimster2

« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2019, 07:25:29 AM »
a bit of hyperbole, but you get the idea...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »
:ROFL:

As far as I know my RW wife is not an agent of Putin.  Unlike 10 years ago, she is disappointed in Putin. 
She loves her mother country's culture, yet would never move back to Russia.   

More men go to Ukraine because RW in general have a better economy and are less interested in the concept of marrying a foreigner and leaving Russia.   I found it difficult to convince my wife to move because she was for the most part happy with her life.  I assert such is exactly the type of woman a man should romance, whether from Ukraine or Russia.

Also, are tourist visas not easier for Ukraine?

Second Kiev girl I met (Kherson girl) had an interesting situation as far as she told me, I wouldn't be able to back this up since I never visited her home city. She worked in a retail job, had a degree for whatever that is worth/not worth. She lived in a typical Soviet era concrete block, shared a flat with her sibling and sibling's other half and a young kid, she showed me pictures of them. She didn't get on with her sibling's other half at all well. So sharing a two room flat with them all. Situation wasn't of course at all great yet she wouldn't back down on her visa demands of me. I'm guessing she was perhaps in the way a bit as the sibling probably wanted another child/more room.

I've no doubt that many a Ukrainian girl is in similar not too great living situation. My preference in some regards would be to buy a half decent place and live out there, somewhere nice like Odessa and be in a proper live in situation with a girl. Circumstances at the moment mean that is not possible but I can imagine for many a Ukrainian girl a scenario would be a good few steps up on their dreary living situations.

Online krimster2

« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2019, 07:54:28 AM »
whether we like it or not, we’re all given an “attractiveness quotient”
let’s call it “AQ”
your AQ is the sum of many factors besides physical attractiveness

if your AQ is low, find a way to raise it - like “working out"
or find a way to raise your “perceived” AQ
don’t put yourself in a situation where your budget restrictions make you look cheap (and poor)
avoid those situations

for example, “back in the day” I met a really nice woman from St Pete’s on a beach near Odessa and spent half the day with her
didn’t spend a kopec

About Sex Tourists (some advice)

When I was living in Ukraine, I used to spot “these guys”
middle-aged foreign men
EVERYONE knows why they’re there
here’s an interesting observation about “them”
they all dress exactly the same
so...........
if you don’t want to be identified as a sex tourist (and become a "mark" for scammers)
don’t dress like one
and this will also raise your AQ quite a bit
dress like a "professional" and people will think you're in Ukraine on "bizness" and not for "you know what"

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:40:39 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2019, 09:04:11 AM »
whether we like it or not, we’re all given an “attractiveness quotient”
let’s call it “AQ”
your AQ is the sum of many factors besides physical attractiveness

if your AQ is low, find a way to raise it - like “working out"
or find a way to raise your “perceived” AQ
don’t put yourself in a situation where your budget restrictions make you look cheap (and poor)
avoid those situations

for example, “back in the day” I met a really nice woman from St Pete’s on a beach near Odessa and spent half the day with her
didn’t spend a kopec

About Sex Tourists (some advice)

When I was living in Ukraine, I used to spot “these guys”
middle-aged foreign men
EVERYONE knows why they’re there
here’s an interesting observation about “them”
they all dress exactly the same
so...........
if you don’t want to be identified as a sex tourist (and become a "mark" for scammers)
don’t dress like one

and this will also raise your AQ quite a bit
dress like a "professional" and people will think you're in Ukraine on "bizness" and not for "you know what"

So what is that?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:59 AM »
Second Kiev girl I met (Kherson girl) had an interesting situation as far as she told me, I wouldn't be able to back this up since I never visited her home city. She worked in a retail job, had a degree for whatever that is worth/not worth. She lived in a typical Soviet era concrete block, shared a flat with her sibling and sibling's other half and a young kid, she showed me pictures of them. She didn't get on with her sibling's other half at all well. So sharing a two room flat with them all. Situation wasn't of course at all great yet she wouldn't back down on her visa demands of me. I'm guessing she was perhaps in the way a bit as the sibling probably wanted another child/more room.

I've no doubt that many a Ukrainian girl is in similar not too great living situation. My preference in some regards would be to buy a half decent place and live out there, somewhere nice like Odessa and be in a proper live in situation with a girl. Circumstances at the moment mean that is not possible but I can imagine for many a Ukrainian girl a scenario would be a good few steps up on their dreary living situations.
There are two categories TR of people : the ones who can afford and the ones who cannot. As a matter of fact when this girl tells you that she has an interesting situation it means that not. Degree are very common in FSU among women.
Don't understand this story of visa, what you mean.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2019, 09:22:40 AM »
"So what is that?"

http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/pcu2.jpg

kinda...
just look nicer...
otherwise foreigner + shabbily dressed = sex tourist
foreigner + nicely dressed = biznessman
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:25:39 AM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1983
Total: 1993

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM