It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439649 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1600 on: March 30, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
You JUST proved you've been a might 'selective' re 'Trampu's' pronouncements v the efficacy of the medication

Typical Moby response, Sweeping generality without facts. 

You do not dissect Trump's actual words.  You do not mention actual results.   

The off-label trails are less than scientific  because the administering physicians do not include "controls" (placebos, etc.).  Instead the physicians are trying to save lives if not themselves.  Suffice it to say,  yesterday the FDA approved them.   Starting today millions will start receiving the drug. 

We will see.  How does that castigate Trump?

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1601 on: March 30, 2020, 10:30:31 AM »
Quote from: BC
Is anything I posted factually wrong?

Man, you sure got the whole CNN shuffle down pat, BC. I gotta give you that. Just that that pshyt doesn’t fly with me.

Trump’s remark of *thinking/considering* of quarantining the 3 states is simply that – a thought! You making a mountain out of a molehill to what was otherwise a benign ‘comment’ and giving it some sinister life is moronic.

Here’s the absurdity of what you’re peddling. YOUR stooge Obama openly declared a stupid *REDLINE* then doesn’t act on it. If you were *disappointed* about a ‘thought’ Trump expressed, you must then agree Obama was an undeniable full blown idiot for actually declaring about doing something he couldn’t do. Yes?

Then, conveniently, like CNN, you hide behind some sort of justifiable line of questioning as though you had an ounce of purpose other than to peddle *fake news*.

Again, as C-I-C and if warranted, Trump can do in the country what Governor Cuomo in NY did when he forced contained New Rochelle to prevent further spreading of the infection; if Trump felt it was the right to do for the country as a whole.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1602 on: March 30, 2020, 11:06:03 AM »
GQ,

As I thought, nothing factually wrong with what I posted.

Guess Trump should keep his thoughts to himself, or at least until he has spoken with his experts and parties involved. Would save some virtual ink.

Meanwhile..

A levelling of new cases is pretty much confirmed, now hopefully will continue decreasing. Today's new cases are half of yesterday and testing has been constant at around 25000 tests per day. Will take a few more days to confirm the possible new trend. Prognosis is that with the continued lockdown most if not all areas will hopefully be down to zero cases mid-May.  Still, a ways to go but the light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting brighter and folks staying at home can really see that the effort is working.

The timeline pretty much follows that reported in China, around 2 months.

The downside, we'll still be looking at around 20,000 dead, hopefully, less.  Some anecdotal reports say ambulance runs in the most affected area have halved.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:37:33 AM by BC »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1603 on: March 30, 2020, 11:16:02 AM »
Election coming this November, I suggest you make hay...otherwise it'll be another 4 long years.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

« Reply #1604 on: March 30, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »

Then, conveniently, like CNN, you hide behind some sort of justifiable line of questioning as though you had an ounce of purpose other than to peddle *fake news*.

Again, as C-I-C and if warranted, Trump can do in the country what Governor Cuomo in NY did when he forced contained New Rochelle to prevent further spreading of the infection; if Trump felt it was the right to do for the country as a whole.

What is there to hide? I'm not trying to hide or change Trump's own words. Are you?

Quite likely, after speaking with his advisors he found that a local lockdown would not be effective and that it is probably too late for a national lockdown.  I would have fully understood and supported a national lockdown, even if such might be deemed illegal.  He could have likely overcome the legalities by enlisting the help of all governors.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1605 on: March 30, 2020, 11:49:32 AM »
What is there to hide? I'm not trying to hide or change Trump's own words. Are you?

Quite likely, after speaking with his advisors he found that a local lockdown would not be effective and that it is probably too late for a national lockdown.  I would have fully understood and supported a national lockdown, even if such might be deemed illegal.  He could have likely overcome the legalities by enlisting the help of all governors.

Again, election time this November. Vote. Then deal with it.

Offline BC

« Reply #1606 on: March 30, 2020, 11:53:01 AM »
GQ,

Of course, we will.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1607 on: March 30, 2020, 12:39:26 PM »
all of you Trump voters...
listen to the words I bring you....

by the end of today,
thanks to Russia putting Donald Trump in office
the USA will have DOUBLE the number of Corona cases that China currently has!!!!
DOUBLE and GROWING!!!!

you dumb phuques don’t realize it....
but every time you go out and stand in a line with other people now
you are standing in line at the Jones Town II Corona Kool-Aid Bowl waitin for a sip
don’t worry, no need for shoving, it will be your turn soon enough...
I hope it’s the flavor you like...

the odds of it being your turn next at the punch bowl
are goin up at about 25% per day after day after day...
so don't worry...
because it won't be too long before it'll be your turn to take a sip!
yippee!!

oh, BTW, the USA runs out of ventilators in a couple of weeks,
so after that point...
at least if ya get the bad form of Corona, you’re going to die fast before you infect too many others, I mean besides your family, etc.

hopefully, it will be my vote, that turns the election into Trumps's favor
so that next year Trump can finally completely  kill Obammacare
and replace it with Trumpdontcare...
and Mar-a-Largo Mass grave of Corona victims

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:54:26 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1608 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:01 PM »
Trump is getting too much of the spotlight while being a leader during this crisis. Biden is under pressure to take over and lead the nation during this crisis. Reminds me of the time when Trump became president, Ex Secretary of State John Kerry took it upon himself  to negotiate with Iran over the nuke agreement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/489096-biden-under-pressure-to-step-up-coronavirus-response

Boris Johnson is furious with China with deceiving the world and his experts figure China's numbers are 40 times less than what they should be. He said there will be a reckoning. Many politicians around the world were caught with their pants down. They each have their team of medical experts to figure out the virus and as politicians, they should know China lies a lot. What happened? Boris may cancel the huge 5G agreement with Huawei

http://www.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnsons-government-reportedly-furious-075257081.html

Because of China, WHO is not allowed to recognize Taiwan. WHO is not even allowed to utter the word "Taiwan" but WHO now promises to listen to Taiwan after Taiwan was the first to alert the world about the crap going on in China but WHO ignored them.

http://news.yahoo.com/says-following-taiwan-virus-response-104125852.html

Besides warm weather not being effective against the coronavirus, experts say don't depend on sunlight and UV light to kill the virus. I just bought a couple of UV lights my wife is using around the house. I need to show her this article. She's been looking for cures and treatments like many others. The good thing is our house is very clean!

http://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-sunlight-does-not-113245528.html

Speaking of cures, China promotes Bear Bile as a cure

http://www.foxnews.com/world/china-promotes-bear-bile-as-coronavirus-cure

China's National Ministry of Health has compiled a huge list of approved cures and treatments for the coronavirus. Buy the stuff in bulk and become America's next snake oil salesman.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/health/2020-03/04/c_1125661175.htm

Early March Cuomo said people are stealing PPE and medical equipment out of hospitals. Not all Trump's fault for their shortage but media conveniently forgot about this fact from weeks ago. NY should've protected those items like the gold in Ft. Knox. Unfortunately not all medical professionals are heroes. Some are thieves and wanted to make big money on Ebay.

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/people-are-stealing-face-masks-from-local-hospitals-gov-cuomo-says.html

State Department has retrieved 18,000 stranded Americans. Some Americans can't come home yet due to mandatory quarantines placed on them from the nations they visited.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/state-department-says-its-retrieved-over-18000-us-citizens-stranded-abroad-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB11SDRV?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:00:19 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1609 on: March 30, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »
you guys have absolutely NO freaking idea of how screwed you are!!!
let me tell you about what happened to me last night dewds...

so...
I’m working on this meme to get as many Evangelical Christians as I can to go to a special “Pray Away The Corona Service” on Easter Sunday, to be held at their place of worship....

so, I started callin places, to make SURE that they ARE gonna have their services!
I insist on it, “or me and my friends will never spend another Sunday there!!!!”
in an indignant voice before I hang up!!

but last night...
I called the biggest mega-church in Houston to make SURE they’re having their meeting
and I am expecting a kind, calm, reassuring voice when I hear someone pick up the phone after I dial them

but....
that’s NOT what I heard!!!
instead, I heard the voice of pure evil!!
as if it were the devil who was their answering service
I'm certain that the devil knew it was me calling
and that she was playing with me...
treating me like I was one of the "Rubes" who comes a'callin for salvation
so she made her sales pitch to me in the coldest voice I have ever heard
while I listened in stunned silence
and then I hung up...
and then I said to myself, "DAMN NATION"

it really was not what I expected to hear when I called a Church
and frankly, it actually scared me a little
cuz, I know this has a meaning...

the canary in the coal mine
before the lights go out
and the ghosts come home
to look for their families
kinda meme
but this time, Im the ghost
searching forever for my family
over and and over
each day
the same as before
in the zone, there is no more life left
and time is an illusion
of empty dark sleep
that follows you from your dreams
through tears
that drop
into the low drowsing dark

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:01:53 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #1610 on: March 30, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
Trump is getting too much of the spotlight while being a leader during this crisis.

Hmm, 'leader'.. REALLY ? 

He's had a head start re this virus and you'll soon see how he's failed you .. (

Edit to add ... sorry, I didn't mean BillyB in the you ..

Offline GenMish

« Reply #1611 on: March 30, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
you guys have absolutely NO freaking idea of how screwed you are!!!
let me tell you about what happened to me last night dewds...

so...
I’m working on this meme to get as many Evangelical Christians as I can to go to a special “Pray Away The Corona Service” on Easter Sunday, to be held at their place of worship....

so, I started callin places, to make SURE that they ARE gonna have their services!
I insist on it, “or me and my friends will never spend another Sunday there!!!!”
in an indignant voice before I hang up!!

but last night...
I called the biggest mega-church in Houston to make SURE they’re having their meeting
and I am expecting a kind, calm, reassuring voice when I hear someone pick up the phone after I dial them

but....
that’s NOT what I heard!!!
instead, I heard the voice of pure evil!!
as if it were the devil who was their answering service
I'm certain that the devil knew it was me calling
and that she was playing with me...
treating me like I was one of the "Rubes" who comes a'callin for salvation
so she made her sales pitch to me in the coldest voice I have ever heard
while I listened in stunned silence
and then I hung up...
and then I said to myself, "DAMN NATION"

it really was not what I expected to hear when I called a Church
and frankly, it actually scared me a little
cuz, I know this has a meaning...

the canary in the coal mine
before the lights go out
and the ghosts come home
to look for their families
kinda meme
but this time, Im the ghost
searching forever for my family
over and and over
each day
the same as before
in the zone, there is no more life left
and time is an illusion
of empty dark sleep
that follows you from your dreams
through tears
that drop
into the low drowsing dark

Krimster, way too much Doom and Gloom, we are all in this together, put politics aside. We will survive

I like your old posts, when we remembered naked girls walking around our apartments with us in the 1990s

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1612 on: March 30, 2020, 06:07:51 PM »

There won't be gloom and doom. Gloom and doom would happen if action wasn't taken. Trump's speech today started off with projections by the experts and based off the actions we've taken, we will save one million American lives. Of course it came at great cost to our economy but doing nothing will have a greater cost in lives and economy.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1613 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:33 PM »

The curfew here in Georgia lifts in 5 minutes

Meanwhile in Sweden most businesses are open for business.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-fight-scandinavia-sweden-stands-185427459.html

Meanwhile in the US the FED projects one-third of the US workforce will be unemployed.

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/coronavirus-job-losses-could-total-47-million-unemployment-rate-of-32percent-fed-says.html

Welcome to the Greater Depression
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:11:10 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1614 on: March 30, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »

Medical News Today:
These are some foods high in ZINC. Zinc kills coronavirus if it can get into your cells. BUT DO NOT take high doses of zinc supplements! Instead, include zinc-rich foods in your healthy diet.
This chart gives the potency per 100 grams, and also how much you have to consume to get 100 grams.

http://michaelsavage.com/foods-high-in-zinc-2/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:26:11 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1615 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:26 PM »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1616 on: March 30, 2020, 07:51:20 PM »

A medical group that recommended malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, and also recommended them used with zinc is reversing their recommendation

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/coronavirus-live-updates-us-cases-soar-past-142000-including-more-than-2500-deaths/TGHU7IUMNVBE7DJMOK2PILL7GQ/

Army Capt. Douglas Linn Hickok, a physician assistant, is the first American soldier to die of the virus.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/new-jersey-national-guard-member-is-first-coronavirus-death-in-the-military-1.624269

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1617 on: March 30, 2020, 08:12:58 PM »
. The good thing is our house is very clean!
Oh yeah?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BC

« Reply #1619 on: March 31, 2020, 05:47:58 AM »

Offline msmob

« Reply #1620 on: March 31, 2020, 07:22:55 AM »
SC was on the beach this am in Sochi ... beautiful weather ...  NO ONE was on the beach ...  That was her form of 'social distancing' ..

In 45 minutes time, things will be slightly different ..  Sorry about the Google translation

"
Today from 18:00 in the Krasnodar Territory quarantine will be introduced

It implies a complete ban on movement. The exception is to go to the store or pharmacy. The quarantine will be valid until April 5 and, if necessary, may be extended.

Control over the implementation of restrictions will be carried out by mobile units from among the police, the Russian Guard, Cossacks and social activists. Violators of the regime will be fined.

On behalf of the Governor of the Krasnodar Territory, disinfection of public transport and road infrastructure is carried out in the resort. Street and parks will also be processed during the week.

The markets, weekend fairs, hairdressers, beauty salons, consumer services organizations, service stations, car washes, real estate agencies completely stop working. Also, all stores are closed, except for food and non-food, selling essential goods. Pharmacies will continue to work. Limited dental activities. Patients will be admitted only in emergency cases."

The scary part ?  Who the **** are 'social-activists' ?

http://sochi.ru/press-sluzhba/novosti/66/145672/

( in Russian)

Offline Gator

« Reply #1621 on: March 31, 2020, 07:29:25 AM »

At first glance, I thought it was David Letterman, who would say the same.   :D

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1622 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:42 AM »
So you've spent the last two weeks preaching for everyone to stay home and your wife has to be ordered off the beach by decree of the governor?

Offline msmob

« Reply #1623 on: March 31, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
So you've spent the last two weeks preaching for everyone to stay home and your wife has to be ordered off the beach by decree of the governor?

YUP .. My wife is a member of my Church , but not necessarily the most studious member my of the congregation ..  I'm VERY glad of the order..  Cluebat: Russians don't give a sh*t ..  Does you wife follow all your suggestions ? ))

But let's not let this distract us from my question ...   WHO are 'local activists' and how are they appointed ...  ?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:53:03 AM by msmob »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1624 on: March 31, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »
YUP .. My wife is a member of my Church ....

Speaking of Church:

Pastor of Tampa church that held two large Sunday services arrested, jailed

My county sheriff  warned Howard-Browne, a megachurch pastor and self-proclaimed “Holy Ghost bartender” to discontinue his services.  He held two large services on Sunday, and live-streamed the  3-1/2 hour morning service, showing congregants shoulder-to-shoulder while the church band played.

Howard-Browne had previously spent $100,000 on 13 machines to disinfect his church.  He supposedly is a conspiracy theorist that COVID-19 was purposefully released by Chinese, among other right-wing conspiracy theories. 

The pastor stated man needs God.  The state attorney replied, “I’d remind the good pastor of Mark 12:31, which said there’s no more important commandment than to love thy neighbor as thyself.  Loving your neighbors is protecting them, not jeopardizing their health...”

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM