It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dnipro january travel advice  (Read 28904 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Dnipro january travel advice
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2019, 10:16:23 AM »
Pat quote was responding to my comment  about apartment  location  -- and Moby responded  it was none of my business.,
As so often is the case  -- Moby did not get the point being made.
Dnipro centre is not cheap -- Kyiv like prices etc
That alone says nothing -- and one point I thought of ( ie "some" girls will rent a place when a guy is coming -- some even for one day!!!)
Not to say any of that is this case -- but -- no visible means of support -- agreeing that he could stay etc  all raise more questions than obvious answers -yet ! :)

A btw -- on street alongside Most City  is a relatively new Xiaomi   phone store -- very decent phones   UAH 6000  -10,000 . Steve ( Boston) recently bought a Pocophone for his fiancee  and it would be interesting his comments on this ( or his lady)  .Great phones -- I have bought a few different models now --great camera and getting better all the time .

Another btw --I am not big on jumping to conclusions  - there can be a lot of explanations  eg  I met a lady who lived in THE most expensive building in Dnipro and drove top of range Merc - incredible looks -- etc etc had just divorced after husband traded her for a younger model ! She has walked away with plenty by any standard  and she was only mid thirties.
Yes there is nice new Xiaomi shop in Dnipro beside Moct. That's nice.For the lady who drives a top Merc, i would ask her how is she is going to maintain this standard because even if the car is her, and she owns a flat (sounds not a red flag after an ukrainian marriage), the question is how is she monthly fed in grivnas? What kind of job or business will juice at least 1000$ which seems the minimum for such kind of life in Dnipro, knowing that ex spouse owns her nothing after the divorce in term of alimony (except if she has some childs, but that is so easy to mislead the court....)
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:23 AM »
There is no one on the forum who knows Dnipro better than Pat.  He has spent years pursuing women in that city.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2019, 10:21:10 AM »
I think I probably don't have a very good radar as to who is good and bad as a woman

I don't think it you, I think a lot of guys don't, I didn't during my past three years at this game. I feel more better on that front now having met a fair few FSW. Though I wouldn't say I wouldn't definitely get it right all the time though. Strange stuff seems to go on out there and it takes a bit of experience to see the more common odd stuff let alone the even more bizarre and far out situations.

I agree with Jones's second bit of advice about the aqua park, etc. Make it a fun time and get her mind away from material thoughts. Apart from the food, drink, groceries and the basic entertainment expenses I wouldn't go buying this girl stuff at this stage, it would send out all the wrong messages. Being a nice guy and doing so as I have found out in Ukraine is not something you get rewarded for other than for sex.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
There is no one on the forum who knows Dnipro better than Pat.  He has spent years pursuing women in that city.
lolIt's true that is the city i know the best in Ukraine.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »
Funny thing.   When ever I'd talk to a gal from Dnipro I'd ask her if she was a scientist or descended from missile scientists.   That would always get a giggle.   Dnipro was one of the closed cities in the Soviet Union because it held all of the scientists who worked on the guided missile systems and rocket motors.

I scored an attaboy for knowing the history of the city.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
I loved the river walk in Dnipro.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »
I think I probably don't have a very good radar as to who is good and bad as a woman

In your country, if a woman you have never met in person invited you to come stay in her apartment, with her and her young child, what would you think?  Well, I know what you think - "As long as she looks like Megan Fox and I can shag her, I don't really care."

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:18:09 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »
Funny thing.   When ever I'd talk to a gal from Dnipro I'd ask her if she was a scientist or descended from missile scientists.   That would always get a giggle.   Dnipro was one of the closed cities in the Soviet Union because it held all of the scientists who worked on the guided missile systems and rocket motors.

I scored an attaboy for knowing the history of the city.
Yeah, it was a forbidden city during the ussr time. THere are some rockets exposed in Dnipro. Don't remember exactly where now.
There are still some forbidden cities in Russia.

Offline JayH

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2019, 03:43:32 PM »
The simple fact is you should be paying all of the expenses while you are there.   And your visit should also stand out as a special time.   That you are staying in her apartment and not ponying up is reproachable.

My suggestion is that you make your time special by taking her to the aquapark or a small trip somewhere where you get a nice hotel or something that does not make you out to be a greedy bastard.   She is evaluating you as a future husband.   Provide for her and act like one.

The aquapark > ? The weather is still a minus zero overnight and max more like 6C -12C max in forecast . Although better than last year not yet swimming weather -unless you want to give the child hypothermia !! ;D
The aquapark   in Dnipro is brilliant -- always lot's of people when the weather is good -- the associated river activities good fun for anyone !
As for knowing Dnipro -- knowledge is not mutually exclusive !
 My long term ex went to university there and came from a city not far away -- so I have spent quite a lot of time in the city itself-- and the region. In fact -I was based there for 3 months in 2014/5  and have been there many times . I was there last summer for a week or so ( I wrote on forum in a thread somewhere !)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2019, 03:51:41 PM »
Yes there is nice new Xiaomi shop in Dnipro beside Moct. That's nice.For the lady who drives a top Merc, i would ask her how is she is going to maintain this standard because even if the car is her, and she owns a flat (sounds not a red flag after an ukrainian marriage), the question is how is she monthly fed in grivnas? What kind of job or business will juice at least 1000$ which seems the minimum for such kind of life in Dnipro, knowing that ex spouse owns her nothing after the divorce in term of alimony (except if she has some childs, but that is so easy to mislead the court....)

Pat -- my point was that  anything is possible-- and not making assumptions  can be a good idea !
I did not want to explain more in post -- but -- the lady is independently wealthy ( by any standard) .I did not meet her through any dating site -- but she was next door neighbour in apartment block.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2019, 02:58:23 AM »
Pat -- my point was that  anything is possible-- and not making assumptions  can be a good idea !
I did not want to explain more in post -- but -- the lady is independently wealthy ( by any standard) .I did not meet her through any dating site -- but she was next door neighbour in apartment block.
That's nice to meet local aside from dating sites.
That's very valuable.
I like to understand how people live, which problems they have, how their society is working, what is the real money and jobs they have. But when your interests are or could be involved it's time to ask yourself some simple questions like how does she lives, where the money comes from? How did she get this business? Who is the owner of the flat? Sounds like basics, sounds like not your rude maybe, but that's good to know.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 04:43:16 AM by Patagonie »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2019, 06:55:29 AM »
That's nice to meet local aside from dating sites.
That's very valuable.
I like to understand how people live, which problems they have, how their society is working, what is the real money and jobs they have. But when your interests are or could be involved it's time to ask yourself some simple questions like how does she lives, where the money comes from? How did she get this business? Who is the owner of the flat? Sounds like basics, sounds like not your rude maybe, but that's good to know.

Could be time to ask the girl these questions, her response could be interesting. I tend to find UW can be more honest in answering such questions than other questions. I think there is something about them where they like to tell about their lot in life and how life is for them. I don't think you need to know a girl long before she opens up if you ask, after a certain time they may tell you anyway, it's like it's a burden they have to get off their chest. It could be worth James's while asking her about this now, it could really move the relationship on a bit I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2019, 07:30:09 AM »
Trench,

Why DO you post such drivel?

Many ladies are proud and are not as desperate as you would have us believe.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2019, 07:45:43 AM »
Could be time to ask the girl these questions, her response could be interesting. I tend to find UW can be more honest in answering such questions than other questions. I think there is something about them where they like to tell about their lot in life and how life is for them. I don't think you need to know a girl long before she opens up if you ask, after a certain time they may tell you anyway, it's like it's a burden they have to get off their chest. It could be worth James's while asking her about this now, it could really move the relationship on a bit I think.
Trench, i would say that was not my experience.
You belong to the family core and would hear a lot of private stuff about everything through your wife. Yes.
On an other hand you will not know a lot, or almost nothing except if you come directly and upfront and ask her.
Or you listen her for hours and months and you can get a picture provided that she don't want to hide something.
But even if an answer is not an answer, inacurrate, or imagine that's a know lie all this will help you to figure out where is the truth.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
I have paid hire car . All groceries apart from what she already had.  All restaurant  bills.  And 600 ie 20 for nail salon.  No new mobile phone.  I think 2 ex husbands are paying the rent

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2019, 12:15:13 PM »
I have paid hire car . All groceries apart from what she already had.  All restaurant  bills.  And 600 ie 20 for nail salon.  No new mobile phone.  I think 2 ex husbands are paying the rent

Goes to figure, if theirs a child involved then one may have to pay also possible maybe part of a divorce settlement. Might be interestign to know if the flat is actually a rental or bought, might be someinteresting tie ups maybe. Speculation might be if their is any friends with benefits situations invovlved. A bit of tactful prying when she seems at a time when she might be a bit open, possibly over a meal out might reveal a bit more maybe. Something interesting might be going on here.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
Yes I think both ex husbands ask for side benefits.  Obviously she says they don't get a ride but I was not born yesterday.   I'm starting to understand f s u dating.  Basically if you worry who your woman sleeps with don't date fsu  just enjoy the moment.  If you worry all that will happen is you are more putty in their hands.  You have to maintain a mindset of bountiful supply if you start adopting the one attitude you are sunk.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »
Yes I think both ex husbands ask for side benefits.  Obviously she says they don't get a ride but I was not born yesterday.   I'm starting to understand f s u dating.  Basically if you worry who your woman sleeps with don't date fsu  just enjoy the moment.  If you worry all that will happen is you are more putty in their hands.  You have to maintain a mindset of bountiful supply if you start adopting the one attitude you are sunk.

Personally, I think your mindset going into this visit was all wrong and during this visit has been all wrong. You knew you were going to visit the wrong sort for a serious long-term relationship and now you're stereotyping it as normal FSU behaviour. You ignored all of the red flags to get your leg over with Megan Fox and are now rationalising it.

Then again, you could just be as paranoid as your mate Trench.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »
Tom  don't care having a blast thanks and she looks and dresses better than Megan fox.  I don't think I've seen such a hot looking brunet in London ever.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
Tom  don't care having a blast thanks and she looks and dresses better than Megan fox.  I don't think I've seen such a hot looking brunet in London ever.

Well, as long as you realise what you're in is a mutually beneficial arrangement and not a relationship...

Be braced for some here to confirm your status as a sex tourist. There are hot sugar babies in London, as much as you an Trench protest to the contrary.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2019, 01:11:22 PM »
Probably a psychologist dream.  I'm dating back the age of woman and child the same as the start of my divorce.  A 20 year relationship that once the kids came along was virtually sexless.   So I've been able to live a moment in time.  Maybe Megan fox and I work out maybe we don't.   Life from conception to death is  a gamble

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Dnipro january travel advice
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2019, 01:12:43 PM »

James,

I hope everything works out for you but I highly recommend having
a back up plan.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »
I don't think I've seen such a hot looking brunet in London ever.

I am sure of that....Brunettes, perhaps?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
Sure there are thick sugar babes in London but one with an engineering degree and not totally  in love with themselves is not easy to find

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »
Bill there is a back up plan.  See where this road leads.  If necessary end relationship and Start again.  Definetly with a Ukrainian as the 2 I have dated have been exactly what I like in a woman except their network of lovers and ex husbands

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541000
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1892
Total: 1903

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM