It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: BiilyB's 'research' Trench's 'fawning admiration' re RW's TR to Odesa  (Read 25704 times)

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: BiilyB's 'research' Trench's 'fawning admiration' re RW's TR to Odesa
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
Your mistake is to argue with Nat

There is no point in arguing - but if you wish to publish BS and dishonesty expect some one will note it.  :popcorn:
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Nat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »

There is no point in arguing - but if you wish to publish BS and dishonesty expect some one will note it.  :popcorn:

Oh, come on, don't embarrass yourself that much, it's so pathetic that I'm starting to feel ashamed for you  :D

Offline Boethius

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2017, 08:52:47 AM »
How is he embarrassing himself?  His wife is a realtor in Kyiv, so I assume he knows the real estate market there.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »
His wife is a realtor in Kyiv, so I assume he knows the real estate market there.

My wife speaks fluent Ukrainian but none of it rubbed off on me. I've met my employees wives and I wouldn't hire them to work construction because although they live with a construction worker, they don't automatically become experts without experience.

I bought a brand new apartment in a fancy apartment building in a major city in Ukraine for 19k. It's possible to get those prices with a strong dollar. If I didn't have experience buying, I would've been shocked by Nat's claim an apartment in Kiev can be bought for 25k.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2017, 11:07:19 PM »

My wife speaks fluent Ukrainian but none of it rubbed off on me.

Assuredly, some of us won't be surprised....Some of us are interested in speaking foreign languages - as it makes prolonged stays and meeting the friends of one's loved one so much more interesting and get-togethers less boring

I've met my employees wives and I wouldn't hire them to work construction because although they live with a construction worker, they don't automatically become experts without experience.

Was that supposed to be an affirmation analogy ? BdHvA's goes to and spends a great deal of time in Ukraine - not just Kyiv - whilst -
 probably - a construction worker might not talk about what he did with his wife - fellow professionals do tend to share their days

I bought a brand new apartment in a fancy apartment building in a major city in Ukraine for 19k. It's possible to get those prices with a strong dollar. If I didn't have experience buying, I would've been shocked by Nat's claim an apartment in Kiev can be bought for 25k.

I am buying  place in Sochi - I wouldn't claim it made me an expert on the Moscow market - 'coz I'm not even one re Sochi ..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:17:35 AM by msmob »

Offline Nat

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 02:00:12 AM »

How is he embarrassing himself?  His wife is a realtor in Kyiv, so I assume he knows the real estate market there.

Boe, first of all let me say that despite all my trolling smiles I do respect you and I think that sometimes you have quite interesting insights! So what I'm gonna say no is not to tease you or something, but it just because it really is so. The matter is, that all you, guys, don't fully understand what realtor in Ukraine is. As far as I've heard realtors really do their job in the USA and that's why you maybe don't know about the attitude to realtors here, their way of conducting business, and, what is the most important, their price policies. All these factors have lead to the trend where there are tons of ad boards on the Internet now where people do not want to have anything to do with realtors, who tremendously exaggerate prices to get higher royalties, and conduct the purchases on their own directly with each other, without any mediators.
As you may have noticed, I spent some time and provided you the links for the newly built flats INSIDE Kiev, not in the city center (because I never mentioned the city center), which match what I had said before. I could spend some more time and give you more links, but am I motivated enough to do that? ;) All I get in return is "you're a liar" and "your info is bullshit", and who from?! From a person, who appears to be connected with a
realtor! And I couldn't understand where all this aggression was coming from!!! :) ))) It's because I'm spoiling the potential business, as it turns out. So I guess those of you who are planning on buying some real estate have enough sound mind to google everything themselves, research the field and see who is right and who is a lying bullshitter. I, on my side, have no wish or time to waste to prove that the sun is yellow and the grass is green :) After all, why would I care? I don't have any business to protect, I'm just practicing my English, sharing TRUE info with you along the way :) )))

Offline JayH

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Nat

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 02:20:19 AM »
Flats CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTER, WITH REMODELING:
http://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/prodayu-2k-kvartiru-v-pecherskom-r-ne-IDuDoGs.html#925448f19c;promoted (2-roomed flat)
http://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/1-kom-na-pecherske-ul-primachenko-8-b-IDuXr2a.html#925448f19c (1-roomed office flat)
And I'm not gonna participate in this discussion anymore :)

Offline ML

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
We all should know that throwing out random examples of prices for apartments or any real estate proves nothing.

The major factors affecting real estate values are many, foremost being location (country, city and within the city), size, condition of property, growth/decline of local economy, etc.

Probably all who have shown examples here are correct, but we can't draw any comparisons or conclusions because we don't know about the factors I listed above.

The comparisons  being thrown around here have been terrible because of difference in cities, location within a particular city, condition, size, rennovations needed or not, etc.

I can firmly state that most of us here would not want to own and live in any apartment in the areas of Kyiv outside the center that would cost us less than $50,000 and was in 'move in' condition (i.e. not needing extensive rennovation).

My spouse owns 5 properties in Ukraine.
The least expensive is a 2 room apartment on a fairly quiet street in the area of National Technical University of Ukraine (formerly Kyiv Polytechnic Institute).
This is on 4th floor in an old Khrushchevka building with no elevator.  She bought in 2004 for around $24,000 and put in around $6,000 to bring it up to 'Euro standards.'
At the height of housing boom/bubble similar units were selling for $70,000 plus.
During the bust, the prices dropped to around $45,000 - $50,000 and are now selling for $57,000 - $62,000.
Mini bus routes are a couple of blocks away, the nearest metro station (Politekhnichnyi Instytut) is a brisk 40 minute walk away.

Now again, this apartment and its related price CANNOT be compared to another apartment in ANY other location in Kyiv, let alone in another city in Ukraine.

However, I can again repeat that most here would not want to own or live in an apartment in a decent location near but outside the city center of Kyiv that would cost less than this after adding in needed rennovations.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
Well, Trench ...

Too 'busy' to repeat your question to Beel ? ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »
Sure, but you yourself took 9 years to find the right one. Time over again what would you do differently if you were looking to shave a bit of time of this and get to the one quicker?

I spent a lot of time doing things the wrong way. I assumed that because of my
dashing good looks, tall rugged handsome appearance, amazing charm and wit
that none of the rules applied to me.

I chased girls who were too young, I chased girls from pay per letter sites and
I learned along the way. I constantly looked back, identified the causes of my
setbacks and constantly improved my approach, my tactics and who I pursued.
I didn't make the same mistakes twice, I made new ones.

I've written extensively about it here on this forum. You can probably get the best
information in this thread.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

At the moment I simply do not have the time for Skype, etc I have to get some work done and get myself in a better position for this whole game, get my crap together, that I am working on at the moment and should be sorted in the next few months. For me I really want to get over there and meet a lot of women otherwise I think I am just picking one at a time and its going to take a long time - skype is just spending a lot of time doing that. Until I see that there is real undeniable chemistry face to face its just more time spent on the wrong women, time I can do without wasting.

RW here may or may have not hit it lucky, he enjoyed himself and indeed I have enjoyed myself when out in Ukraine, but end of the day finding the right girl is where I want to be.

If you don't have time for skype then you don't have time to pursue an FSUW.
You might be a good candidate for a visit many trip when you get the time.
Write ONE letter to 50-100 girls and ask them for tea. Most of the girls will
ignore you and then you meet the girls who say yes. NEVER MEET A GIRL
TWICE no matter how hot she is unless you think she might be the future
Mrs Trench.

Once you find ONE girl who might be the future Mrs Trench to pursue, you
are going to have to use Skype extensively. If you don't have time then you
don't have the time to pursue a foreign girl.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:00:42 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
Beel

Sorry, I was posting while you were writing. I copied and pasted his question
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »
Sorry, I was posting while you were writing. I copied and pasted his question

It's kind of you to indulge him... You've just told him what others have concluded ..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »
It's kind of you to indulge him... You've just told him what others have concluded ..

We often tend to get really specific with advice. I try to write so that others
can glean information as well. That way I can justify the time and effort I put
into some of my posts, when it's likely to be ignored.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline jone

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »
It should be pointed out that the preferred method of conversation (and video) is Viber.  Second from women I know is Whatsapp.  Skype comes a distant third, mainly because it is so resource intensive and most of the women in the FSU that I know are communicating through their cell phones.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »
It should be pointed out that the preferred method of conversation (and video) is Viber.  Second from women I know is Whatsapp.  Skype comes a distant third, mainly because it is so resource intensive and most of the women in the FSU that I know are communicating through their cell phones.

Skype via computer/s is still the best for video interaction and extended conversation.
Many business's in FSU are now using Viber,Whatsapp etc .
There is a major advantage I have not seen mentioned -- you can use your home country phone number to call and be called in those systems at no cost ( even a paid subscription is cheap to use).

That means-- you can call( & be called) on arrival if you can access wifi  or  at a cost--you home carrier data etc.

That saves all the difficulties of getting a phone working  when the instant you arrive eg to call transport,accommodation ,girl etc to start getting organised.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:05 PM »
Skype via computer/s is still the best for video interaction and extended conversation.
Many business's in FSU are now using Viber,Whatsapp etc .
There is a major advantage I have not seen mentioned -- you can use your home country phone number to call and be called in those systems at no cost ( even a paid subscription is cheap to use).

That means-- you can call( & be called) on arrival if you can access wifi  or  at a cost--you home carrier data etc.

That saves all the difficulties of getting a phone working  when the instant you arrive eg to call transport,accommodation ,girl etc to start getting organised.

There is a Viber app for PC/Mac also, works even better then skype now.. it seems to hold connection better then Skype.
Only advantage with Skype if your lady dont know english is the build in translation, I thank god do not have that issue really any longer.

Viber credits to call a cell or landline also works very good. (wait I lied, never tried calling a landline, does those still exist?  :D :D)  works very well calling cellphones, and quite cheap not to expensive.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline msmob

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:49 PM »

???!!!

I think we've had this discussion before..

During my last two trips I've noted that Whatsapp has WAY overtaken Viber as the comms platform of choice... Moscow / Sochi )

I based this in the number of contacts I have on both .. This puzzles me as Viber desktop allows calls / video calls - Whatsapp's desktop only allows chat.

I agree that Skype is a distant third - but it is by far the best for desktop - to mobile(cell) tablet VIDEO calls.  Still not sure about the latest version of Skype - I preferred the old version that allowed poor video - this new one - tries to reconnect - rather than allow a poor quality .

Skype allows one to keep the same ID - irrespective of the cell / mobile you use - Viber / Whatsapp rely on the tel number- so you can end up with multiple accounts and not knowing what number to call if you use more than one sim / cell / mobile ((

I found that if you need to get a call through and the signal strength is poor that TELEGRAM is the comms platform of choice -  it prioritises voice packets- useful if you really need to talk and the viber / skype / whatsapps of this world are having problems coping. It is used by geeks and they usually know))

Offline Boethius

« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »

Boe, first of all let me say that despite all my trolling smiles I do respect you and I think that sometimes you have quite interesting insights! So what I'm gonna say no is not to tease you or something, but it just because it really is so. The matter is, that all you, guys, don't fully understand what realtor in Ukraine is. As far as I've heard realtors really do their job in the USA and that's why you maybe don't know about the attitude to realtors here, their way of conducting business, and, what is the most important, their price policies. All these factors have lead to the trend where there are tons of ad boards on the Internet now where people do not want to have anything to do with realtors, who tremendously exaggerate prices to get higher royalties, and conduct the purchases on their own directly with each other, without any mediators.
As you may have noticed, I spent some time and provided you the links for the newly built flats INSIDE Kiev, not in the city center (because I never mentioned the city center), which match what I had said before. I could spend some more time and give you more links, but am I motivated enough to do that? ;) All I get in return is "you're a liar" and "your info is bullshit", and who from?! From a person, who appears to be connected with a
realtor! And I couldn't understand where all this aggression was coming from!!! :) ))) It's because I'm spoiling the potential business, as it turns out. So I guess those of you who are planning on buying some real estate have enough sound mind to google everything themselves, research the field and see who is right and who is a lying bullshitter. I, on my side, have no wish or time to waste to prove that the sun is yellow and the grass is green :) After all, why would I care? I don't have any business to protect, I'm just practicing my English, sharing TRUE info with you along the way :) )))

Well, I doubt he is here to troll for business for his wife.  There are not too many posters here interested in buying Ukrainian real estate. :)

I make no comment on the price of real estate in Kyiv.  I don't follow it, never have, never will, and I don't really care as I have no desire to retire to Ukraine.  I do know that prices in Kyiv are inflated because a lot of money is laundered through real estate.

I suppose the only way to truly know is to go and try to buy a Kyiv apartment. :) 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:15:10 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
Strider, FSW can sometimes feel like you're using an escort service I find, not that I have ever used one but it's what it kind of feels like sometime. Basically you date girl & pay for this, that & the other. If there's no chemistry on meeting then it can very much end up a 'reciprocal arrangement' by default of sharing time with one another unless you chose to give girl the heave ho. Personally though I no longer see the girl wanting to stay in her home country as a problem. If she's too eager to go to your home country it may not be for you but for herself with you acting as a mule for her to do so. Little mileage in a relationship if that is the case as once you've served your part you'll be kicked to the curb without thought nor care.

Culturally, men are expected to pay if they ask a woman out.  Now, some men don't have money, and those men may arrange a picnic, or a walk in the park, or other activities that are no cost/low cost.  But the man takes the lead.  This, again, is your lack of understanding of the culture.

So a woman has specifically stated she is willing to consider the possibility of a relationship with a foreign man, she is somehow an "escort" because she is willing to relocate?  Give your head a shake!  Most of the women looking abroad are doing so because local men aren't marrying them. 

A woman's shelf life is shorter than is a man's, and women, especially FSUW, are keenly aware of that.  More so than in the West, where women can have children without a husband, and still have support systems in place.  That's why most of them are willing to settle for foreign men.  It isn't because of some nefarious plot to seduce some Western loser, steal all his assets, and move on to someone more attractive.  Of course there are exceptions, but they are just that, not the rule.

Jumper gave you some great advice on your perspectives.  Honestly, I do not see you succeeding in this endeavour until you get over your view that most women you meet are shysters.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:05:13 PM by Boethius »

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2017, 04:55:06 PM »
It isn't because of some nefarious plot to seduce some Western loser, steal all his assets, and move on to someone more attractive.  Of course there are exceptions, but they are just that, not the rule.

With all that we've read from Trenchcoat, I'm beginning to think that, if I were an FSUW, I would have no compunction in becoming one of those nefarious plotters - especially if I had somehow found this site and worked out who he was.

Jumper gave you some great advice on your perspectives.  Honestly, I do not see you succeeding in this endeavour until you get over your view that most ALL women you meet are shysters complete and utter frauds.

or, alternatively...

Jumper gave you some great advice on your perspectives.  Honestly, I do not see EVER you succeeding in this endeavour.

How does that look?  ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:59 AM »
So 2tallbill, why did it take yourself took 9 years to find the right one? (from RW's Trip Report) I mean I know you said you were only looking for an exceptional woman but 9 years? Everything I've seen from you tells me you are one of the more adept members of this board when it comes to dealing with girls and no doubt like most of us there was a fair bit of learning to do at the beginning, but 9 years? Quite a lengthy time, there are guys that do it a lot quicker.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2017, 03:57:48 AM »
So 2tallbill, why did it take yourself took 9 years to find the right one? (from RW's Trip Report) I mean I know you said you were only looking for an exceptional woman but 9 years? Everything I've seen from you tells me you are one of the more adept members of this board when it comes to dealing with girls and no doubt like most of us there was a fair bit of learning to do at the beginning, but 9 years? Quite a lengthy time, there are guys that do it a lot quicker.

Trench - I remember Beel asking you to ask in the appropriate place - his thread - Tripping in St Pete (?)  - he even gave you a link ... yet here you are - AGAIN - trying to offload your howlers - by trying to suggest you aren't any different ..

I have followed Beel through all his trials and tribulations and will let him answer - if he feels like it - in that place - but you can be assured - you'd do well to be more attentive as you might learn some useful tips .... From the get-go - he's never had any issues getting dates with FSU ladies ....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »
Trench - I remember Beel asking you to ask in the appropriate place - his thread - Tripping in St Pete (?)  - he even gave you a link ... yet here you are - AGAIN - trying to offload your howlers - by trying to suggest you aren't any different ..

I have followed Beel through all his trials and tribulations and will let him answer - if he feels like it - in that place - but you can be assured - you'd do well to be more attentive as you might learn some useful tips .... From the get-go - he's never had any issues getting dates with FSU ladies ....

Mobe for your information I followed the link Bill gave me and I posted at that link. If it is now elsewhere it is not my doing. No none of us have problems getting dates in the FSU it's like shooting apples on a barrel. Getting & being successful in a LTR is another matter.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »
Mobe for your information I followed the link Bill gave me and I posted at that link.

Ah..so THAT would be why you posted the Q here ...?   :deadhorse:

No none of us have problems getting dates in the FSU it's like shooting apples on a barrel.

:ROFL:

The misogynist in you is shining through ....

Getting & being successful in a LTR is another matter.

Well, at least we agree on that ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1978
Total: 1988

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM