It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Return to order  (Read 9902 times)

Offline Mod3

• Super Moderator
Return to order
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
Reviewing latest posts it is clear that almost all seem to have forgotten parts of the TOS.
That will have to change from this moment.

There for:
1. All current political topics will be placed in NHB. They will be locked unless the discussion remains civil.
On the first sign of insults, to be decided the mods, topics will be locked.

2. New topics with political views or impact will be allowed only if directly linked to important current events.
All others will be deleted.

3. Any form of insult will result in punishment, those recently warned may find their posting revoked.

Decisions will be taken by the moderators and are not subject to conversation. Any attempt to resurrect deleted posts or items will lead to direct banishment.

Offline Mod3

• Super Moderator
Re: Return to order
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 05:58:18 AM »
Bump.

Offline AnonMod

• AnonymousMod
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
Bumping again.

If you don't like what a poster posts, attack his idea, not the poster.

Offending posts will be deleted, and offending posters may warrant additional moderator action.
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline Mod3

• Super Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »
Bumping again.

If you don't like what a poster posts, attack his idea, not the poster.

Offending posts will be deleted, and offending posters may warrant additional moderator action.
Moderators are working overtime in deleting posts. From now every valid report will result in raising the warning level, which may remove your posting capabilities.
Making many invalid reports will also result in warning levels.

Offline AnonMod

• AnonymousMod
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
After numerous complaints, the moderation team has determined that the over quoting of news articles is deleterious to the forum.  Therefore, from this moment forward, all articles which quote from links should be posted in Anything Goes, and only in the thread "News About the FSU", created solely for that purpose.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20481.0

The purpose of this is so that the forum does not become a dumping ground for news links, with no discussion.

If posters wish to debate, and provide a link which gives some of the rationale behind their post, with no cutting and pasting from that link, that will be fine in the Front discussion areas.  However, a link with no analysis behind it, unless posted in the newly created thread above, will be deleted.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:03:05 AM by AnonMod »
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »

Numerous complaints?   How numerous? From whom? Come on -name who complained.

Let us see if we can guess--that would be the same people who grizzled in thread -at a guess.A handful at best--go look at their contributions-then come and tell me how they are helping the forum!

Why should their inability to respond overule other legitimate posts and topics.Really--whover made

this decision is not reading-in my case-- they are mostly compliant and not guilty of overquoting-yet
posts are removed and topic heading changed-- and on a very specific currently important topic.
The fact is that a lot of the information being objected to is extremely relevant to anyone with an interest in the FSU.

How many times do we have to tread some naive newby asking the same questions answered in a 100 other threads--does anyone really think that brings anyone to the forum--or back to it?
Sure-- some of the relationship issues are of interest--but really--ďs ""xyz'"  a scam site for the 2000th time exciting anyone( except the same few that trot out a reply near enough each time to make their 7700th post!!).

I happen to agree that posting link after link without comment is undesirable-- but -- seeing what has happened in the last 24 hours  is neither a fair application or a correct one.

Let me give you this example--  this was a thread starter--now retitled as "NEWS FROM THE FSU"-- really--how ridiculous an interpretation of the original title.
This example gighlights my point-- AS THEIR IS NOTHING IN POST OTHER THAN MY OWN WORDS--ironically seeking others to post also!!
Subsequently-in that thread-- I posted other directly relevant material to a very specific topic.

I complained. More than once. Probably less than 100 complaints but not much more. I never read the tripe you've copied from other places to post here. I seriously doubt anyone outside of AKMike does read it. Your political hyperbole about Ukraine and Russia is tired, very tired and it does not belong on this forum especially as much as you insist on posting it.

This forum is a discussion board about the women of the FSU. It is not and was never meant to be a sounding board for JayH political positions. In fact there was once a day when political discussions were forbidden at RWD. You'll find some obscure piece on some search engine and think it's worthy of a thread at RWD. You'll post alone on it 4-5 times until you find some other obscure article and lather, rinse, repeat.

It's tired JayH. Really tired. Nobody who reads your crap either because they are not interested in the subject or because they just don't care. Not matter how much you insist over and over that your shit is the most important and everyone here needs to read it nobody is. Give it a break.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »
Sounds great to me.  I would check Recent Posts out before logging in and many times it was mainly articles.   I didn't even bother logging in and left. 

I can understand an article that promotes discussion.  I think when too much is posted people tune off and the discussion that is suppose to be the reason we are here never appears.

We have some intelligent people on the forum.  I'm sure most can figure out how to google for information when they want.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:19:08 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »
the endless bs on US internal politics,guns etc--has what to do with fsu?

Occasionally off topic threads pop up on issues that people are passionate about. Many, not just a few, posters participate in off topic issues but those topics eventually have an ending, not go on forever.

I would check Recent Posts out before logging in and many times it was mainly articles. 

I check the most recent posts too for interesting reads but often find the reading material disappointing. I suspect most people browse the most recent posts too and if the most recent posts aren't interesting, they leave.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »
I check the most recent posts too for interesting reads but often find the reading material disappointing. I suspect most people browse the most recent posts too and if the most recent posts aren't interesting, they leave.

Agreed and unfortunately probably correct for most visitors. Mgmt would be wise to hide certain threads from that view....

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
JayH...

I could copy and paste a thousand articles from whatever wordpress (or aka) sites I like that seem to fit my agenda.. all day and night.

Would be nice to see some original content and/or thoughts from you as a person.

Ultimately constructive discussion does not consist of simple copy/paste, otherwise you are just restating other opinion and in my book that ain't worth crap.

Offline JayH

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
I complained. More than once. Probably less than 100 complaints but not much more. I never read the tripe you've copied from other places to post here. I seriously doubt anyone outside of AKMike does read it. Your political hyperbole about Ukraine and Russia is tired, very tired and it does not belong on this forum especially as much as you insist on posting it.

This forum is a discussion board about the women of the FSU. It is not and was never meant to be a sounding board for JayH political positions. In fact there was once a day when political discussions were forbidden at RWD. You'll find some obscure piece on some search engine and think it's worthy of a thread at RWD. You'll post alone on it 4-5 times until you find some other obscure article and lather, rinse, repeat.

It's tired JayH. Really tired. Nobody who reads your crap either because they are not interested in the subject or because they just don't care. Not matter how much you insist over and over that your shit is the most important and everyone here needs to read it nobody is. Give it a break.

No matter how many times it is pointed out-- you refuse to see the facts-- your comments are simply untrue.Even above-- my comments only appear because you quoted them before they were deleted. A little strange-- dont you think>?
Now lets examine the idea that I am the only one that posts in threads I started and how many reads they have-- just to get the record factual on not stuck with your erroneous comments9 You dont do being wrong very well !!)--
UKRAINE 2014 --What Is It Like Today?
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 »
58 Replies

Ukraine-The Future
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 30 »
743 Replies

The Russian Invasion of Ukraine-The Real Nazis
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 37 »
919 Replies

Ukraine Can Win
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 11 »
250 Replies

Civilian Airliner Shot Down 298 Dead-- Consequences
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 17 »
402 Replies

What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 85 »
2100 Replies
148197 View   

RUSSIA-The Future 2015 & on
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 ... 14 »
327 Replies

Now NOTE--The heading of the section of those posts--RWD News From the Front

Putting it is simply as I can--  your comments do not match the facts. Other threads--( actually not many threads-- most have been above average in interest of threads posted)- and does not match your assertion. Sure some threads are not picked up-- but 90% of my started threads have been.

While I am at it-- my threads have been deleted and post removed-- regardless of whether they complied-which some were 100% within guidelines. Given the way they were treated--it does suggest they were neither read-or understood. eg 100% my own words deleted!

To another point- topics to be related to fsuw-all mine are about the current situation being faced in Ukraine or Russia-- and the impact on life. fairly easy line to argue that is connected to fsuw !!
It certainly has more connection than-- US primaries,Syria, US gun control etc etc etc etc which goes on endlessly and untouched as far as I can see.
I note the reappearance of a pro Russian mod here in recent days-- a guy whose comments are now proven ridiculous and just plain wrong-- is that just a coincidence?   
Anyone that thinks the political crisis  now going on in the fsu is not of consequence to anyone visiting-be that for the first or the 20th time is being naive.
What the forum has consistently shown is that many here are clueless-and that  applies to some that have lived there-- and of course to those that have never been there.
Also to be noted-the situation is in constant change-as it is today as Ukraine faces another crisis of direction.Russia is facing the biggest crisis since the break up of the Soviet Union as it seeks to exert control over its former states.
Last but not least--many of the links have news-- and analysis of that news- in my view that does make it more readable.It certainly beats the hell out of some of the inane posts made by some here.

btw-- what threads did you start?
Modify message
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:38:57 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Muzh

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 02:58:46 PM »
Jay, or I can call you Ray, or I can call you Jay Ray or I can call you Ray jay,

First, get a life.

Second, get a life.

Finally, get a life.

Sincerely, from the bottom, deep bottom of my heart.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shadow

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »
It seems we can not live without JayH. Yet many are willing to try.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1858
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1852
Total: 1862

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM