It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Ariovistus

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello everyone
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:27 PM »
I thought I'd come and post for the first time as I am new to this entirely. I am in my mid 30's and looking for my special someone as many are.

I have some luck, I guess, as I have a number of friends already in the FSU and have plans to see 2-3 of them. However I would not be here if I was really sure about my chances with any, this is why I am on one site currently. I am about average looking, don't make a great amount, but I am a nice guy, smart, and I have seen in less than a month a lot of contacts and interest. Now how much this lasts and if anything pans out, we will have to see. My goal was always to pad my circle there much larger, and to really give me the best option.

This summer I am considering Russia or western Ukraine. I hope it will be a success.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:11:52 PM »
I am considering Russia or western Ukraine.

Strange combination!

Have you been following any news events the past year?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline TagUrIt898

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:32:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ari, I would probably say go for a Ukrainian girl, but I'm VERY biased.  Honestly though, don't limit yourself to just one region of FSU.  There are many lovely ladies from all over.  What websites are you using?  Not all of them are created equal, just so you know. This forum has a wealth of knowledge here. Do your research, correspond with a girl(s) and the get on a plane to visit.

There are tons of ways to do this wrong, so make sure you trust your gut and do it right. If you have questions, post them, I guarantee you will get more than the answers you were looking for.

I wish you luck, pursuing an FSU is NOT an easy venture and isn't for everyone. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into and don't get fooled by the pretty.  Most FSU are very very attractive and charming women. Make sure you take your time to find a good one.

Tag

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
Welcome Ario!

Have you spoken to many FSUW yet?  If so, what are your impressions?

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »
Welcome aboard.

You will have much conflicting information here.  The best thing to do is read everything and pick out a couple of lines of advice.  Use the forum to pack your book knowledge of what you are trying to do. 

I happen to have had good luck in meeting a Russian woman.  YMMV.

Good luck.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Ariovistus

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »
Strange combination!

Have you been following any news events the past year?

I have as I read the world news often. I also know the exchange rates in Russia are pretty sweet and as far as I know, it isn't so hot for tourists in Moscow and St. Petersburg. There does not seem to be any trouble in Kiev, Lviv, and other places in the west either. And as I said, I have reliable friends on the ground.

Of course there is this Syria business so I am really worried about that, but I have been in Europe in the past around the time of the London Bombings, so I guess I'll just try keeping it on the down low.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:12:09 PM by Ariovistus »

Offline Ariovistus

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ari, I would probably say go for a Ukrainian girl, but I'm VERY biased.  Honestly though, don't limit yourself to just one region of FSU.  There are many lovely ladies from all over.  What websites are you using?  Not all of them are created equal, just so you know. This forum has a wealth of knowledge here. Do your research, correspond with a girl(s) and the get on a plane to visit.

There are tons of ways to do this wrong, so make sure you trust your gut and do it right. If you have questions, post them, I guarantee you will get more than the answers you were looking for.

I wish you luck, pursuing an FSU is NOT an easy venture and isn't for everyone. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into and don't get fooled by the pretty.  Most FSU are very very attractive and charming women. Make sure you take your time to find a good one.

Tag
Yeah I am taking it easy, making sure to look before I leap. If it doesn't work out, I can refocus my efforts close to home.

I am using Elenas models because it seemed the best upon first reflection but since then, having read a lot of the posts here, if I decide to move elsewhere I will be better informed. For now though there are at least 2 I am talking to off the site every day with Skype.

Offline Ariovistus

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:37:40 PM »
Welcome Ario!

Have you spoken to many FSUW yet?  If so, what are your impressions?

Generally I am really impressed. Culturally I kind of like the differences, mostly they seem much hum,beer, better educated, and more direct than women I have dated or known here in the States. I really am big on intelligence and I have met at least one person with a Ph.D to her name. Pretty nice. Though let us see how it goes, I am taking it slow.

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 06:14:32 AM »
Hi Ario! Welcome aboard RWD. I am newlywed (one month) to a UW and living in Lviv, western Ukraine. Having stayed in many large Ukrainian cities while courting my eastern Ukrainian (Luhansk) wife, we both definitely and immensely prefer living in Lviv.

However, we have just returned from Krakow, where I went to obtain my Ukrainian 'Type D' spousal immigrant visa. We were both extremely impressed with what Poland has accomplished with its quarter century of freedom, compared to almost no advancement for Ukraine , and retrograde devolution into a tyrannical dictatorship for Russia. You might consider meeting someone from eastern Europe, i.e., Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, the Balkans, and the Baltics. Their progress in de-communizing and installing the respect and desire for liberty and democratic self-governance, without the destabilizing influences of autocratic oligarchs and other descendants of the former soviet elite nomenclatura, is very significant. I very much appreciate living in a 'slavic' culture; in Poland it was nice to see what it would be like without the prolonged CCCP hangover affecting life in so many respects, even in anti-soviet locales such as Lviv. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
Now how much this lasts and if anything pans out, we will have to see.

This summer I am considering Russia or western Ukraine. I hope it will be a success.

Welcome to the forum Ariovistus. My guess is that all the girls you're talking to now will not pan out since you plan on visiting the FSU in the summer at the earliest. Most of them have dealt with keyboard romeos who wasted months of their lives writing letters and won't visit or chooses another woman in the end. You may be serious but they don't know that till you visit. Don't make too many promises right now. Lots can change in 5 months.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541271
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956
Most Online Ever: 12701