It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075574 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1125 on: December 19, 2014, 02:02:31 AM »
I'm not sure where to put this documentary film on youtube about the Ilovaisk tragedy which I just found.  It's in German and Russian; not English.

This link is in English, but from a different source.

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/11/14/battle-ilovaisk-details-massacre-inside-rebel-held-eastern-ukraine-282003.html

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:04:57 AM by AC »

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1126 on: December 19, 2014, 02:23:16 AM »
The outflow of funds that invest in assets Russia increased by week to 381.6 million

Детальніше читайте на УНІАН: http://economics.unian.ua/stockmarket/1023665-z-rosiyskogo-rinku-prodovjuyut-vivoditi-aktivi-za-tijden-vidtik-zris-u-3-razi.html

Investors of the week from 11 to 17 December brought with funds focused on Russian assets, 381.6 million (0.93% of assets under management) in flight against 125.7 million the previous week (0.29% of assets under management) reports Prime.

The outflow is the fifth consecutive week, according to the Emerging Portfolio Fund Research (EPFR), presented the report of "Sberbank CIB."

READ MORE analysts talking about the deep recession of 2015

On the Russian market continue to withdraw assets - a week spent $ 381 mln
Детальніше читайте на УНІАН: http://economics.unian.ua/stockmarket/1023665-z-rosiyskogo-rinku-prodovjuyut-vivoditi-aktivi-za-tijden-vidtik-zris-u-3-razi.html

UNIAN reported earlier, the CBR raised its forecast on capital outflows in 2015 to 120 billion dollars from 99 billion dollars .

In mid-November, the CBR raised its forecast for 2014 by the outflow - from 90 billion to 128 billion dollars.

According to the latest forecasts Economic Development, capital outflows from Russia in 2014 could range from 90 billion to 120 billion dollars.

During the first half of 2014 reached 74.6 billion outflow of dollars from them in the first quarter - 48.8 billion dollars in the second - 25.8 billion dollars.

http://economics.unian.ua/stockmarket/1023665-z-rosiyskogo-rinku-prodovjuyut-vivoditi-aktivi-za-tijden-vidtik-zris-u-3-razi.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1127 on: December 19, 2014, 02:52:43 AM »
A good piece of political analytics. I can agree with conclusions George Friedman from Stratfor made after visiting Moscow.
http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/viewing-russia-inside#axzz3MKsEwq00
Some excerpts:
Russians' Economic Expectations

I thought the economic problems of Russia would be foremost on people's minds. The plunge of the ruble, the decline in oil prices, a general slowdown in the economy and the effect of Western sanctions all appear in the West to be hammering the Russian economy. Yet this was not the conversation I was having. The decline in the ruble has affected foreign travel plans, but the public has only recently begun feeling the real impact of these factors, particularly through inflation.

But there was another reason given for the relative calm over the financial situation, and it came not only from government officials but also from private individuals and should be considered very seriously. The Russians pointed out that economic shambles was the norm for Russia, and prosperity the exception. There is always the expectation that prosperity will end and the normal constrictions of Russian poverty return.

The Ukrainian Issue

There was much more toughness on Ukraine. There is acceptance that events in Ukraine were a reversal for Russia and resentment that the Obama administration mounted what Russians regard as a propaganda campaign to try to make it appear that Russia was the aggressor. Two points were regularly made. The first was that Crimea was historically part of Russia and that it was already dominated by the Russian military under treaty. There was no invasion but merely the assertion of reality. Second, there was heated insistence that eastern Ukraine is populated by Russians and that as in other countries, those Russians must be given a high degree of autonomy. One scholar pointed to the Canadian model and Quebec to show that the West normally has no problem with regional autonomy for ethnically different regions but is shocked that the Russians might want to practice a form of regionalism commonplace in the West.

The case of Kosovo is extremely important to the Russians both because they feel that their wishes were disregarded there and because it set a precedent. Years after the fall of the Serbian government that had threatened the Albanians in Kosovo, the West granted Kosovo independence. The Russians argued that the borders were redrawn although no danger to Kosovo existed. Russia didn't want it to happen, but the West did it because it could. In the Russian view, having redrawn the map of Serbia, the West has no right to object to redrawing the map of Ukraine.

I try not to be drawn into matters of right and wrong, not because I don't believe there is a difference but because history is rarely decided by moral principles. I have understood the Russians' view of Ukraine as a necessary strategic buffer and the idea that without it they would face a significant threat, if not now, then someday.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1128 on: December 19, 2014, 04:26:22 AM »
Statement by the President on the Ukraine Freedom Support Act
Today, I have signed H.R. 5859, the Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014, into law. Signing this legislation does not signal a change in the Administration?s sanctions policy, which we have carefully calibrated in accordance with developments on the ground and coordinated with our allies and partners.  At this time, the Administration does not intend to impose sanctions under this law, but the Act gives the Administration additional authorities that could be utilized, if circumstances warranted.

My Administration will continue to work closely with allies and partners in Europe and internationally to respond to developments in Ukraine and will continue to review and calibrate our sanctions to respond to Russia's actions. We again call on Russia to end its occupation and attempted annexation of Crimea, cease support to separatists in eastern Ukraine, and implement the obligations it signed up to under the Minsk agreements.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/12/18/statement-president-ukraine-freedom-support-act

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1129 on: December 19, 2014, 04:36:39 AM »
You can say its a silly statement.  You profess your credentials.  But you haven't addressed my argument.  When you excuse the Russian population from the Russian President's crimes, you make Nuremberg and the idea of collective guilt useless.  I am in contact with the Opposition.  The opposition is excused from his crimes, his supporters and the indifferent are not.  The facts of who Mr. Putin is and what he has done are known as evidence by the presence of videos made by Russian opposition figures.  There's plenty of blame here - the West deserves some of this guilt for ignoring alarms about this man's behavior sooner.

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1130 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1131 on: December 19, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »
You can say its a silly statement.  You profess your credentials.  But you haven't addressed my argument.  When you excuse the Russian population from the Russian President's crimes, you make Nuremberg and the idea of collective guilt useless.  I am in contact with the Opposition.  The opposition is excused from his crimes, his supporters and the indifferent are not.  The facts of who Mr. Putin is and what he has done are known as evidence by the presence of videos made by Russian opposition figures.  There's plenty of blame here - the West deserves some of this guilt for ignoring alarms about this man's behavior sooner.
Poroshenko will be first to show up in Nuremberg
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:20:55 AM by Doll »

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1132 on: December 19, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
Oh dear.

LT, I've been very clear on my support for Ukraine in this matter, and at great personal cost I'd add. I just have the ability to see and know many fine Russian people, in addition to those for whom I have incalculably deep disagreements. There are some Ukrainians in the East for whom I have great disagreements, also.

I also have first hand knowledge of living and working in a dictatorship, and how that can shape those who are unfortunate enough to be trapped inside. Your view that people long to be free and simply choose to be misled, instead of breaking out in revolt, is naive. I do recall that it took almost 80 years to throw off the Soviet yoke.

To say that Nuremberg is meaningless is a silly statement, and you are especially far off course when attempting to pin that viewpoint on myself.

Mendy, you didn't need to justify yourself to this clown. I think every rational man would understand what you have been saying.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1133 on: December 19, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
Porosheno will be first to show up in Nuremberg

I'm sorry dear, but you must be confusing Poroshenko with Yanukonvict.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1134 on: December 19, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »

I'm sorry dear, but you must be confusing Poroshenko with Yanukonvict.
Poroshenko is killing his countrymates, Yanukonvict killed nobody

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1135 on: December 19, 2014, 09:10:43 AM »
No, Doll.  Your countrymen are killing the Ukrainians.  Everyone on here seems to know that but you.  Your kneejerk responses are becoming tiresome.  And your lack of understanding of how the world works, where you said that the the Russian Central Bank was owned by the Americans just continues to demonstrate this to the readership.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1136 on: December 19, 2014, 09:25:08 AM »
Poroshenko will be first to show up in Nuremberg

Yah as a witness for the prosecution.

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1137 on: December 19, 2014, 09:34:11 AM »
This morning I saw an interesting business interview with Tom Friedman (author of The World is Flat), Foreign Affairs columnist with the NY Times.  He is a bold liberal. 

He certainly was bold and unkind in his opinions of Putin.

He said "Putin woke up on third base and believes he hit a triple."  He called Putin a "towering fool" for the damage he has done to Russia's economy.   It makes for a good domestic propaganda that Putin had to intervene into Ukraine because of  NATO expansion.  Putin's real reason was to stop Ukraine from joining the EU.  Ukraine could realize the same economic success as Poland, and meanwhile if Russia faltered even with its oil reserves, the Russian people would see Putin and his henchmen as a kleptocracy.  Big trouble. 

He expects Putin will continue to do what he has been doing.  Incursions and interventions along the border are Putin's "one day sugar highs."   In summary, he said Russia is nothing more than a third world country with an undiversified,  commodity driven economy, and  ruled by a dictator with 50,000 nukes.  Danger ahead. 

Two months ago he wrote a column in NY Times about Putin, calling him a "first-class jerk and thug."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/opinion/thomas-friedman-putin-and-the-pope.html?_r=0

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1138 on: December 19, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »
A forum dedicated to the discussion of Russian and FSU women, has been hijacked by the discussion discussion of Russian and Ukrainian politics.

Perhaps RWD, should be renamed Russian Politics Discussion.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1139 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
No, Doll.  Your countrymen are killing the Ukrainians.  Everyone on here seems to know that but you.  Your kneejerk responses are becoming tiresome.  And your lack of understanding of how the world works, where you said that the the Russian Central Bank was owned by the Americans just continues to demonstrate this to the readership.
Evidence?
Speaking of lack of understanding- it is your opinion.
Russian CB is owned by the USA

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1140 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »
A forum dedicated to the discussion of Russian and FSU women, has been hijacked by the discussion discussion of Russian and Ukrainian politics.

Perhaps RWD, should be renamed Russian Politics Discussion.

I assert that the general topic, especially Putin, is relevant to understanding FSU culture and women, particularly the political future.  I agree that many posts are fluff (IMO) and some consider my posts as fluff, yet that is the way it is. 

BTW, does your wife have anything to say about Putin?  Any opinions about what Putin may attempt in Azerbaijan?

Also, there are some active "AM meets/marries RW" threads.  They receive attention.  Anyone could focus their reading on them by looking in the appropriate Married, Experienced and Starting Out subforum.   

I am uncertain whether there are as many men today making a trip versus a few years ago.  If so, that could explain the shift.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1141 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »
Evidence?
Speaking of lack of understanding- it is your opinion.
Russian CB is owned by the USA

No.  It is not my opinion.  It is a fact that Russians are killing Ukrainians.  It is a fact that Ukraine would have ousted the separatists from their country, mainly paid mercenaries, if Russia hadn't intervened.  It is a fact that trucks travel back under the guise of mercy runs when they are really returning with Russian corpses.  And it is a fact that many mothers in Russia will never see their sons again.  It is a supreme slap in the face to these  families of young Russian men, who gave their lives for their country, that you, a Russian, won't even acknowledge their presence in Ukraine.

And as you can see by my posts, I don't sit there and post links.  You are attempting to convince a forum comprised of mostly men in their 30s through 70s through comments that they all know are false.  You better bring a little more to the table than your kneejerk reactions. 

I grow tired of your responses, Doll.  You are now on IGNORE.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1142 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
No.  It is not my opinion.  It is a fact that Russians are killing Ukrainians.  It is a fact that Ukraine would have ousted the separatists from their country, mainly paid mercenaries, if Russia hadn't intervened.  It is a fact that trucks travel back under the guise of mercy runs when they are really returning with Russian corpses.  And it is a fact that many mothers in Russia will never see their sons again.  It is a supreme slap in the face to these  families of young Russian men, who gave their lives for their country, that you, a Russian, won't even acknowledge their presence in Ukraine.

And as you can see by my posts, I don't sit there and post links.  You are attempting to convince a forum comprised of mostly men in their 30s through 70s through comments that they all know are false.  You better bring a little more to the table than your kneejerk reactions. 

evidence?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1143 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »

I am posting what I want to post and NOT what you or "men in their 30s through 70s "
want to read.
I asked for evidence- you in a typical American manner "put me on ignore".
Dare to provide the evidence?
Department of States doesn't have the evidence. I read almost all of its briefings.
So, just a reminder- nobody tells me what to write here, got it?

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1144 on: December 19, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
evidence?

How about 4000 dead Muscovi soldiers in unmarked graves?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1145 on: December 19, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
Show me.
(What is "Muscovi"?))))

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1146 on: December 19, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »

That's funny.

Doll: Where is your evidence? Show me the evidence!
Jone: Everybody knows that.  You are now on IGNORE.

Frankly speaking I have no wish to argue about RU-UA conflict because only Boethius can keep it with knowedge on the subject. Others just have no access to first hand info, and inenvitably have to tramsmitt propaganda as John does.

This morning I saw an interesting business interview with Tom Friedman (author of The World is Flat), Foreign Affairs columnist with the NY Times.  He is a bold liberal. 

He certainly was bold and unkind in his opinions of Putin.

Gator, are you really read columnists? :o
Your words about Tom Friedman have reminded me the old soviet joke.
American and Russian dispute about freedom of speech.
А.: I can come to the central square in Washington and cry: Reagan is fool!
R.: OK, I can do it too, come to the Red Square and cry: Reagan is fool!

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1147 on: December 19, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »

I have read about 20000 dead Russian soldiers.  :D
As a matter of fact there are some facts to talk about 21 Russian men in service who may be killed in Ukraina on mission.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1148 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
That's funny.

Doll: Where is your evidence? Show me the evidence!
Jone: Everybody knows that.  You are now on IGNORE.

Frankly speaking I have no wish to argue about RU-UA conflict because only Boethius can keep it with knowedge on the subject. Others just have no access to first hand info, and inenvitably have to tramsmitt propaganda as John does.

Gator, are you really read columnists? :o
Your words about Tom Friedman have reminded me the old soviet joke.
American and Russian dispute about freedom of speech.
А.: I can come to the central square in Washington and cry: Reagan is fool!
R.: OK, I can do it too, come to the Red Square and cry: Reagan is fool!

Quite honestly, Belvis:

I don't think its funny at all that young Russian men are coming home in coffins.  Are you going to disavow their presence, and deaths, as well, in Ukraine?  What a tragic slap in the face!

Acknowledge the tragedy and support, if you can, the political idealism that puts them there.  But don't ignore the sacrifice these young men have made.  While their contributions to your country may or may not have been misguided, you are without honor if you cannot support the fact that they died in an effort to advance the policies of your country.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1149 on: December 19, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »

Where does Boe take her "first hand infor"?
From Putin, Poroshenko and Obama, I guess :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1973
Total: 1984

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM