It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Where's DK?  (Read 12955 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Where's DK?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »
Most people are dreaming when they think they can teach English.

Speaking English all your life prepares you zero for teaching it.

Vast majority of us have no idea why we use certain words in certain situations rather than other words.

For students, these differences are very confusing and they will ask questions.  We will have no answers.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »

You're wrong. I've been speaking bad English all my life. I know I can adequately teach bad English.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Where's DK?
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:48 AM »
Just wondering what's happened to the man? Has he left the building? Just seems to have suddenly disappeared, seemed so enthusiastic about the search for an RW. Anyone know what happened?

If DK = dragon kid

He decided that his expert advice was being underutilized here and currently
is waiting to be appointed as an adviser for both the Brexit committee and for
the Israel/Palestinian peace plan think tank. With both positions on the horizon
he wouldn't have time for us. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:34:15 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline DearGod

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 12:51:19 PM »

Vast majority of us have no idea why we use certain words in certain situations rather than other words.

For students, these differences are very confusing and they will ask questions.  We will have no answers.

Trench is a native brit, i am guessing he looks english, like you have said, Russians are stupid (Not my belief). He will be reconized as a qualified person to teach. I have faith he could make a bit of money, nothing great but decent money in the eyes fsu.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:21:49 PM by DearGod »

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »
Trench is a native brit, i am guessing he looks english, like you have said, Russians are stupid (Not my belief). He will be reconized as a qualified person to teach. I have faith he could make a bit of money, nothing great but decent money in the eyes fsu.

Teaching English in Russia don't pay dick. I've met two of those already and if they didn't have other income they wouldn't make it. Trench, have a back up.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
Teaching English in Russia don't pay dick. I've met two of those already and if they didn't have other income they wouldn't make it. Trench, have a back up.

You're right Faux Pas, teaching English is not money I am willing to rely on. Hence I will be going out there with the funds to support myself decently for a month or so. If I get money from it to help subsidise the food or rent, etc so be it. Its more the contact with local Russian girls that I'm in it for. Not saying that will work but it is one more avenue I will be using when over there.

I'm just looking really for an informal adult learner class to teach (hopefully no too old ;) ) on a part time basis so too avoid it too heavy going, well hopefully. I'm going to go over there with a bit of backup material prepared to teach in case course books are no joy. I'm part way through a basic teaching foreign language course at the moment to apprise myself of the basics so I'm not all at sea. More full on teacher training courses shouldn't be needed as like I say its just casually I want to teach and apparently Putin's foreign stance puts a lot of English teachers from going to Russia these days.

If decent money is in the offing like DK thinks I'll take it but doesn't matter if not and DK you're right I am a native Brit and look English ;) So, the best qualification there is to teach English to foreigners apparently, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline DearGod

• Banned Member
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
You're right Faux Pas, teaching English is not money I am willing to rely on. Hence I will be going out there with the funds to support myself decently for a month or so. If I get money from it to help subsidise the food or rent, etc so be it. Its more the contact with local Russian girls that I'm in it for. Not saying that will work but it is one more avenue I will be using when over there.

I'm just looking really for an informal adult learner class to teach (hopefully no too old ;) ) on a part time basis so too avoid it too heavy going, well hopefully. I'm going to go over there with a bit of backup material prepared to teach in case course books are no joy. I'm part way through a basic teaching foreign language course at the moment to apprise myself of the basics so I'm not all at sea. More full on teacher training courses shouldn't be needed as like I say its just casually I want to teach and apparently Putin's foreign stance puts a lot of English teachers from going to Russia these days.

If decent money is in the offing like DK thinks I'll take it but doesn't matter if not and DK you're right I am a native Brit and look English ;) So, the best qualification there is to teach English to foreigners apparently, lol.

Sounds interesting, wish you the best of luck. It will be tough, from what some women told me, english teachers in ukraine outside capital are considered well off. People here think otherwise, and i would sway with them also, i heard of guys getting poked fun out of for the minimal amount of money they make. But there is a wide range of people claiming different thing.  It wouldn't be something that you should rely on as a future career, living abroad is one of those 50/50 things that you need to consider carefully.

How will you afford raising a family?
what is your retirement plan?
Will you pay for your kids to go study back in the UK?
Will you reside in russia for the rest of your life?
if so, what about health care costs?
If you do meet a woman, and decide to go back to the UK. Will you be able to pay for her? or will you tank it out in russia solely depending on your salary from teaching?

Questions you should keep in mind, maybe i am being biased, but it is not something you should do unless you got other sources of income. up to you however, if you got a job in the UK which you can walk back into, maybe it will be a good life experience.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
Sounds interesting, wish you the best of luck. It will be tough, from what some women told me, english teachers in ukraine outside capital are considered well off. People here think otherwise, and i would sway with them also, i heard of guys getting poked fun out of for the minimal amount of money they make. But there is a wide range of people claiming different thing.  It wouldn't be something that you should rely on as a future career, living abroad is one of those 50/50 things that you need to consider carefully.

How will you afford raising a family?
what is your retirement plan?
Will you pay for your kids to go study back in the UK?
Will you reside in russia for the rest of your life?
if so, what about health care costs?
If you do meet a woman, and decide to go back to the UK. Will you be able to pay for her? or will you tank it out in russia solely depending on your salary from teaching?

Questions you should keep in mind, maybe i am being biased, but it is not something you should do unless you got other sources of income. up to you however, if you got a job in the UK which you can walk back into, maybe it will be a good life experience.

Yeah, its just a sideline, not my main profession, hence why I am not doing the full on month or so training course in teaching English. I'm not intending to live out there at the moment, long term who knows, but that is only likely once I have built up an investment portfolio here to support myself over there job or no job. I'm figuring if I can build up enough investment here to supply me a decent amount of cash here then that will be enough to be decent to myself and any potential lady whether living her permanently or out there. Personally though in the short to medium term its here in the UK where I would want/need her to come. I would of course be prepared to foot the costs for that. For me out in Russia would likely be a very long term thing, but you never know I guess. My Russian would need dome improvement for a teacher of English would likely be the only feasible way. For now though the teaching English language is just a short term thing so I can be in contact with women outside the dating industry but interested in English.

My job at the moment is not the profession I am really getting involved in, I currently do it full time but come late January/early February will be looking to go part time for a couple of days a week. This will allow me to take these days off more easily. So if I take 4 days of I can have a whole month, 6 days of then six weeks :) Its the type of job that is convenient for bringing in some easy stable money but not where I want to be long term, nor something that would be a hugh wrench losing unless timing was not great.

Health care costs? if I was living out there? I would just come back here & stick it on the NHS, lol ;D 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline DearGod

• Banned Member
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
For you (trench), and any lurkers wondering on the visa situation in ukraine

http://www.bbcu.com.ua/#page-services
email 1
There is no visa allowing you to stay longer then 90 days in a 180 day period. You would need to apply for temporary residency which can be obtained in three ways.

1. Open a company which would then employ you and obtaining a work permit. The work permit then allows you to apply for temporary residency which is renewable every year.

2. Invest $100.00.00 in Ukraine

3. Marry a Ukraine national.

With regards to costs etc please see the e.brochure on our website http://www.bbcu.com.ua

Please contact me if you have any additional queries or questions.

Kindest regards.

email 2
It is straightforward.

Open a company, Apply for and receive your work permit then apply for and receive the temporary residency. Before applying for the temporary residency you would have to go to a Ukrainian embassy or consulate to get a D Visa.

Regards.

email 3
You can transfer funds into the business. The whole process takes between 8 to 10 weeks but you would need to be here in person for some of the processes.

Regards.

Email from another company
Good day!
I am glad, that you are interested in our services.
Our company provides services for foreigners to obtain a work permit and a residence permit in Ukraine. Approximate cost of this service 300 euros per one person.
In addition, we also support maintenance of foreign investment in various sectors of economy of Ukraine. As for the cost of registration bussines (creation of a limited liability company), the estimated cost of such services are 300-500 Euro.
I am pleased to provide you with a detailed answer to your questions.

Offline ML

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 02:48:43 PM »
2. Invest $100.00.00 in Ukraine

A very interesting amount.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DearGod

• Banned Member
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »
A very interesting amount.

I noticed it as well, i would if thought they would of used a nice copy and paste messages, but they obviously haven't had to endure the use of dating sites, seeing that they live in ukraine.

i know you are knowledgeable on the subject, what do you know about option number 1? setting up a ltd company, and employing yourself. Is it fairly easy? Rent an office, employ a few people, do they give out temporary visa's easily?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541374
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1253
Most Online Ever: 12701