It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I’m of Indian heritage, can I find a Russian or a FSU girlfriend?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Understanding

I’m a British citizen of Indian heritage. I’m only 26 but, despite not drinking, I have a beer belly due to a medical condition. I have a good job and my own house. Can I find a Russian or a FSU girlfriend or will my ethnicity play a factor here?

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: I’m of Indian heritage, can I find a Russian or a FSU girlfriend?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 12:22:27 PM »
Welcome, Understanding :)

There's a lid for every pot, they say. Some may be harder to find than others.

FSU isn't a panacea for any man looking for a mate.  Very few are successful at this venture.

If you have a hobby or other passion, try to find FSU social media groups with similar interests and go from there, building a network of contacts and working towards arranging a visit.  Once there, you may find someone interesting via that network.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 07:21:03 PM »
your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other factor
your way, may be steeper than what some of us faced
but all of us who married Russian women
all had a high hill to climb
don't get the idea that to ascend Everest, all you need is a "guide", no...
forget about "agencies"
be your own agent
figure out your good qualities, and how to promote them
run this up a flag pole, and look around and see if there is anyone who salutes it
that's how to begin
no substitute for "boots on the ground" a physical exploration
rather than just a keyboard one

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 10:17:38 AM »
I’m a British citizen of Indian heritage. I’m only 26 but, despite not drinking, I have a beer belly due to a medical condition. I have a good job and my own house. Can I find a Russian or a FSU girlfriend or will my ethnicity play a factor here?

Are they no Indian girls lined up for you? Isn’t that the done thing?

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 04:27:20 PM »
To the OP.

A REALLY smart thing for you to do, would be to take some time off and go to Ukraine and volunteer in some capacity

this experience will help you in many different ways towards your goal
not just to learn the culture and language…

you can post on your web site about your volunteer experience and use this as a platform for presenting yourself to Ukrainian women

I guarantee, this will present you in the best light possible to la femme Ukrainia…
don’t expect it to be easy, but I think you already know that
fortune favors the bold
just go...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 05:19:37 PM »
Are they no Indian girls lined up for you? Isn’t that the done thing?

I have a very good friend born and raised in India.
He has been here in USA working as a professional since 1981 and just retired this year.

I remember back in 1985 or so, his sister back in India began sending him pictures of gals that she had selected to become his bride.  She was 'assigned' by the family to be the match maker for him.

He kept telling her he was not interested in marrying an Indian gal, but she persisted in sending more pics.

Finally though she gave up and, in a huff said,  send all the pics back.

I remembered asking him at the time what was the problem, as many of the gals were super attractive looking . . . at least in the face.

He just said:  I don't like the culture and attitudes of Indian women.
I never pursued the discussion and really didn't understand much of his reasoning.

Sad thing was, he couldn't attain attractive USA women and kept dating older, frumpy looking ones.  And he even married one such and she doesn't treat him very well.  My first wife and current UW wife are quite upset about her treatment, as they both really like him.

He is actually fairly handsome in the face, although quite skinny of stature.

Current UW wife says the rule in Ukraine is that the man should marry a woman who is better looking than he is.

- - - - -

I have another good friend from India who went the 'arranged' marriage route.  He has now been married over 50 years.

He told his interesting philosophy on arranged marriages.
In USA man and woman are on best behavior before marriage to attract the mate.  So after marriage they are tired of being 'good' all the time and stop being on their best behavior. 
Indians don't even know each other before marriage, so have to be on best behavior during marriage to keep the mate.

And same for a good friend who is from Taiwan; married over 60 years.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 07:39:41 PM »
I've always been a bit envious of Indian men who get a procession of very attractive Indian girls thrown at them as potential wives.

I know little about what Indian women are like as people,but on what i can see i cannot imagine why any man would give that up as a way of finding a wife...far easier than trying to find a beauty to marry yourself.

I also know an Indian man who was a bit of a rebel and decided to find a wife outside of his culture.

His wife is from eastern Europe and having seen her i'd much prefer the traditional Indian route. :o
Just saying it like it is.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1879
Total: 1890

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM