It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: jb.....  (Read 5125 times)

Offline CaptB

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
jb.....
« on: April 15, 2023, 11:30:27 PM »
To all,

A good friend of mine passed away the other day................jb. For those who have been around 10+ years you may remember him as a member of this forum. Opinionated....
cantankerous......and always "stiring the pot". When he got on a roll (pissing people off)........it always made me laugh. He had.....and gave a lot......of good advice. He just liked to "disguise it"...............a little. We started to get to know each other back in 1997.....when we both belonged to the RWG.

A little tired tonight. I'll write a little more in a day or two.

CaptB
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 11:49:33 PM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: jb.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 10:00:50 AM »
I remember him from 'way back.'
A Texas energy field guy, as I recall.
Met his wife in Russia when she was assigned to coordinate with him on a business trip.
She was able to teach math here in USA.
I think he was always too caustic to be really helpful to newbies.
But he did help a couple of times that I knew of with providing some funds to guys who were caught short of money while in FSU.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 10:53:17 AM »
To all,

A good friend of mine passed away the other day................jb. For those who have been around 10+ years you may remember him as a member of this forum. Opinionated....
cantankerous......and always "stiring the pot". When he got on a roll (pissing people off)........it always made me laugh. He had.....and gave a lot......of good advice. He just liked to "disguise it"...............a little.
We started to get to know each other back in 1997.....when we both belonged to the RWG.

A little tired tonight. I'll write a little more in a day or two.

CaptB

Phew!!! Thank goodness ML, I was starting to fear it may have been our poor sweet Mobers when I read the description, you've put my mind at rest.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
jb.....
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 01:10:05 PM »
Imagine hardest, truest and wisest tough love that I could have ever dished out in my life,
then double it. That was jb

R.I.P.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 02:28:32 PM »
I recommend all the old-timers pre-write their own obituaries

Death be not proud

late night motorcycle ride was distracted by delight and debug
crashed into defense and was dejected after which defeat went over defense before detail
and was severely defaced and now in decrypt and is defunct
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 06:54:04 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 06:41:47 PM »
Very sorry to learn about jb. May he R.I.P.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 07:39:48 PM »
I recommend all the old-timers pre-write their own obituaries

Lol, that's a good one Krim :ROFL: Better not to leave it to fellow RWD Members to do it or end up with not a great write up :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 01:55:09 AM »
Oh... I remember jb.

He was active on the "planet love" forum which even pre-dates RWG.

He really used to "beat up on" people who said stupid things.  I enjoyed his cantankerousness.  Although his hits with the clue bat were sometimes a little bit harsh, they were apropos.  When jb hit people with the clue bat, they were usually deserving of being hit with the clue bat.

I never thought he was being malicious.  If you could get past the tone of his advice, it was usually correct and helpful.

Back in the day of the MOB "industry", there was a lot of clueless guys who didn't really understand what they were up against going to the FSU.  The MOB world was a magnet to clueless guys.  jb wizened a few of them up.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  Rest in peace, jb.

Online krimster2

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 08:16:29 AM »
talking to the clueless feels like telling children that santa ain't real
and only a heartless bastid would do that
so only a heartless bastid will speak the truth
while the "good people" are all silent

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 03:33:46 AM »
talking to the clueless feels like telling children that santa ain't real
and only a heartless bastid would do that
so only a heartless bastid will speak the truth
while the "good people" are all silent

That's too true Krim, I've learnt along this journey on here that people that I may have regarded as having a go, trolling, etc were just really seeing something in me or in what I said that I couldn't or just didn't want to (well most of them). After a long while I realised that I needed to put those thoughts aside and any dig at me I thought they were having, although that may have come part & parcel lol, and take the criticism as a potentially valid point. After all many of us are not flawless but we don't like it when someone points out a flaw, even if we see it's not their intention to have a go we often don't accept it.

Whether the respondent can really put it any other way that may ring home better idk. A lot of it I think is down to the recipient cluing in that it's not necessarily another guy in a forum having a go but an important point they are trying to relay on a subject (FSU dating) that can come with its own issues.

Really we should be thanking the cantankerous for beating on us :D

Online krimster2

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 06:41:00 AM »
the cantankerous became that way after raising teens

Offline Shadow

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 01:44:51 AM »
Rest in peace jb, I remember how he used his tough love on several newbies, sometimes to the point where they got hurt by the clue bat.Condolences to his family.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2023, 11:58:25 AM »
I am really sorry to hear about jb.  I actually met him and we shared an Easter dinner when he was up in Pennsylvania on an oil project and my wife (at the time) was visiting her Mom in Russia.   I had no idea what to expect.  I could picture it being rather confrontational but he was more than quite pleasant.  I really enjoyed talking to him.  I did have my share of butting heads with him as well as KenC on RWD but in a way it was fun. 

Offline CaptB

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2023, 10:17:26 PM »
Just thought of my old buddy "JB" this evening. My Father passed this year. And.......it may sound silly......but my cat (an African Serval) also passed this year. My Dad was 92 y.o..............my cat "Tazz" was 25 years...3 months....and 6 days.

The picture of JB I will always have in my head......is his wedding day. I and his new stepson were co-best men. This was 2002 in Moscow. It was at the reception......at
his wife's apartment (Irina......his nickname for her "Etna" ). About two dozen guest.....mostly women....were in attendance. JB and I were on the balcony....alone. We each had a Cuban cigar.....and a glass of very expensive Cognac (great !!!!)........and watching all the women flitting about. And we both agreed......life was good.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline BC

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023, 04:50:09 PM »
Oh wow.. sad news indeed. We had been in touch with sporadic holiday emails for the last decade. I last emailed him a couple of years ago around Thanksgiving and didn't hear back :(

RIP John

Offline Muckraker

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 09:23:07 AM »
Sorry to hear this about jb. He was always kind to me and very helpful. I always felt he loved his wife so much that he just wanted to help everyone be successful in finding the same. Looking back (twenty years back) I see now that he helped me avoid mistakes. Rest in peace brother.

Muck

Offline CaptB

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 02:01:03 AM »
Hey Muck !

JB  worked for Haliburton co. many years. His wife "Irina" worked for Haiburton for 20 years after they first met. He was married.....then divorced. She was married.....then divorced. They knew each other on and off......for 20 years. She was a cocktail waitress at one of haliburtons small night clubs. after hooking-up on the RWG....in 1997.....we became "phone friends". He used to talk about "Irina" so much.....that I finally told him....."why don't you propose" ? Eventualy he did. Their are some who will say this is living in the past. Russia was our cold war enemy. Russia was aways a place that I always wanted to visit. The excitement of my first visit was more than you could imagine. The first 24 hours in Tver, Russia.......was more than i could take. It was "magic". I felt at home there.

I will check back here in a few days....if there is any interest.

Thanks,
Marc (CaptB)

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2024, 08:05:56 AM »
Capt B, I remember a different story about JB and his wife.
He met her when he stepped off of plane in Russia.
She was assigned as his coordinator, and didn't like him at all.
And he talked that after marriage, he was helping her grade algebra papers when she was teaching here in USA.
How does all this fit in with her being a cocktail waitress?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 12:12:02 AM »
ML,

Over the years I received "different" versions from both jb.....and Irina. In addition to her teaching gig.......she also wotked at a bar/night club owned by GAZPROM. Earlier in this thread I mentioned "haliburton".........that is incorrect. The club was owned by GAZPROM......but the team members were from Haliburton. jb seemed to emphasize the "cocktail" waitress version of the story. We all make mistakes. See my last post ........when i posted about my last wedding anniversary (20 years). Like
all of us........a little "story embellishment" ..........is not unusual...................................or just old age.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Daveman

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 04:30:18 PM »

His shiny yet worn and dented cluebat is probably what led him to his overwhelming victory during Ignore Fest 2007 --- later the crown was taken by Sculpto, who was the Tiger Woods of ignores.  jb provided a bit of reality here to those those in need of having delusions shattered.  Not always successfully as some were too far gone down that FSU Primrose Path -- but least perhaps opened the eyes of a few lurkers.  His delivery could have been a little more padded at times for sure, but I don't recall anyone on the receiving end of the bat that wasn't spouting some seriously dreamy nonsense.

I definitely would have shared a bottle of cognac with him. I hope Etna is doing well.

Don't RIP jb, get on in some trouble wherever you are!! 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2024, 01:27:18 PM »

later the crown was taken by Sculpto, who was the Tiger Woods of ignores. 

I do miss jb, I hate being the guy to tell people that they are barking up the wrong tree.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2214
Total: 2224

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM