It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: boating in Russia - good, bad, ugly?  (Read 11250 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: boating in Russia - good, bad, ugly?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
I think the appropriate initials are P.E.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 09:00:04 PM »
Hi Krimster,

Do not take the 'poseur' comment to heart..…!

I love the speed, I just like 'doing it', naturally )

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
I feel your pain...
I'd prefer ocean going under sail as well...
my kids and I recently rented a Catamaran in South Padre Island, Texas for some smooth sailing in the gulf...
perfect weather for catching those nice breezes
it feels like you're a frisbee gliding over the water with a delicious cool breeze in the hot sun!

but Moscva is FAR away from the Atlantic or even Chorny Moira!!!
I've never really done this kind of river boating before!!!!
it's as much for business as it is for pleasure
and it's what I have to do to fit in here!!!

Moscva river has its own navigation rules and special police, you have to share the river with commercial traffic especially "up north" where I don't really intend to go
extreme speed is actually seldom used except in portions of the southern Moscva, the Yamaha will be more than fast enough...
pic of cruising on the northern Moscva
southern Moscva can be more "country" you can even beach your boat (and these boats are VERY shallow draft!) and setup a camp and do whatever you want without hassles from local militsa in machina
who leave the people in these boats COMPLETELY alone for some reason!!
slovo!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:05:34 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »
it really is a business INVESTMENT and not a toy!!!

Hey! That what drug smugglers tell their boat salesman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 09:56:52 AM »
Buying a luxury boat is like standing under a shower ripping up 100 USD bills..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 10:40:07 AM »

I owned a boat once. I was told the two best days of a boaters life is the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it. I realized how true that was the day I sold my boat.I had a lot of fun with the boat but it was high maintenance.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 11:34:47 AM »
guys
next year I plan on selling AT LEAST 92 million USD in bitcoin ASICS to a Russian “organizatze", plus this organization will own its own racks that I get a piece of...

that’s like 1000 times the cost of the boat

when you can source your own ASICS to build systems at 10% the cost of the leading Chinese vendor and combine it with electricity that is 10% of the lowest in the USA...
then you lead the market
Russia is a multi-billion BC plum begging to be picked

there’s also a HUGE incentive for rich Russians to hold bitcoin!
it is BEYOND the control of the Russian government!!
as well as the American one!!
they can’t take it from you, and they don’t even know you have it!!!

cruzin down the Moscva is a lot of fun the more south you go and get away from the city
all the more reason to have a shallow draft boat like the Yamaha and NOT a sail boat
which would NOT be too handy on the southern Moscva but no big deal on a powerboat!

one of the stops I made along the southern Moscva had a little stand of some local Russian farmer selling honey and homemade candy
I bought about 10 jars of different kinds of honey for 4000 rubley
incredibly delicious!!!

das boat...
primary purpose
will be used to take customers on a cruise from the Marina Restaurant to our Moscow office...
that has a 32 card demo rig running off the local grid and making a profit of about $30,000 per month and using about $1,500 of electricity per month...

interesting fact....
I have seen A LOT of naked women on boats in Russia!!!!
A LOT!!!
and I'm not talking about my family, nudity in Russia is WAY more common than in the USA or UK!!!!
NO!!!
I mean almost every boat has a topless or naked woman on board!!!!! 
every one!!!!

AND....
I swear this is true, at 20 knots or above every woman's nipples will be as hard as a freakin marble!!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:40:09 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2019, 01:25:29 PM »
I owned a boat once. I was told the two best days of a boaters life is the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it. I realized how true that was the day I sold my boat.I had a lot of fun with the boat but it was high maintenance.

I feel the same way about my ex-wife. ;D good riddance!
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline msmob

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2019, 07:09:24 PM »
Krimster,

SC consumes a lot of honey and 4k Roubles for 10 jars.. if large 1 litre ones is a bargain...Can I ask if passing next time if he says black honey at this rate !?

We normally pay 1k / jar.

If going so fast makes a lady 'feel chilly'  then is there not a risk of jumpers coming out ?)

Much better to charter in the Med to facilitate mermaid mode?)

Online krimster2

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2019, 07:38:22 PM »
I don't think the jars are liter sized, maybe 1/2 that...
farmer's markets with local honey for sale is pretty common in the south of Moscva...
and MANY unique kinds and flavors

you buy some of that honey, a liter basket of fresh raspberries and a bottle of fresh cream from the local gastranome....
and put in all a bowl with the honey poured on top...
this was my kid's favorite snack when they were little...

once you sail past Dzerzhinsky you start to leave the urban Moscva landscape behind
and it becomes more rural with forests bordering the river...
I found a really cool island in the river, just beach your boat, and jump off the bow
you won't even get your feet wet
and you have your own private island...
militsa will NOT bother you here!!!!

Online krimster2

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »
If going so fast makes a lady 'feel chilly'  then is there not a risk of jumpers coming out ?)

chivo? nyet!!!
a gentleman will blow warm air on his fingers and then gently place them over her siski to warm them...
right?

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Worth noting the Finn Class World Cup was held on the Moscow river a number of years ago. From sailors I know it was quite the circus & spectacle.

Only cars, hydroplane or aquaplane, sail and motor boats simply plane. This means the wind or engine is propelling the vessel so there is a clean break between the hull and water. There is less friction between the water and the hull.

As for a motor vessel why would any one but a total loser want a plastic fantastic French/Japanese piece of shit? Man up and buy a Hinckley Talaria Picnic boat. Depending on the engines can easily get to 45+ knots, water jet powered and very shallow draft. Looks elegant (in Russia a standout) and supper comfortable for guests. A used approximately ten year old vessel in Bristol shape will cost between 400,000 and 800,000 US $. Depends on motor, LOA and options.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:09:22 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online krimster2

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
haha, that would be the kinda boat my DAD would've bought, he had a 40 foot Chriscraft in the Chesapeake bay up until the late 80s that looked similar HIS was for deep sea ocean fishing in the Atlantic!!!

The Yamaha dealership has everything I need for maintenance and includes a maintenance contract
a big selling point, since they're located right on the MARINA, so they will come to your boat if necessary!!
maintenance is a "bolshoi problema" in Russia if you own some exotic expensive 'machina' or' teknika'

kinda blown away that there's more fishing in the Moscva river than there was in the Black Sea!
CRAZY!!

I carried fishing poles for my kids on our old boat, and we would take frequent stops and launch our raft to the shore and explore
so we ended up in un-fished places inaccessible from roads and fished there....
"zaboot" about trying to catch decent sized fish in the Black Sea - there really aren't any you can catch!!
so we ended up NEVER catching any decent sized fish AT ALL in Krim no matter how hard we tried...
Crimea has no fish :(
just legends....

only thing edible out of the black sea were the scallops, which are delicious and plentiful!
when my daughters were little I taught them to snorkel and go to the bottom and "hit" the scallop beds!!!
you have a weighted burlap sack that you leave on the bottom and put the scallops you catch inside
BUT you have to close the bag, because the scallops can escape by comically flapping it's shells back and forth
my daughters would like to catch them just to make them do this
but I told them it was cruel and that we should be nice to the animals we're about to eat!
EVEN the unkosher ones!

our galley had a 2 burner propane stove
I shucked the scallops and sliced them all VERY thin with my sushimi knife
my daughters made two bowls for preparation...
one bowl had eggs mixed with cream
and another bowl had flour mixed with a little pepper and salt
dip sliced scallop in egg batter then in flour and drop on hot griddle on maximum - make em sizzle
you won't find good olive oil in some village
so buy local fresh butter wrapped in newspaper to fry in
1 kilo for 5 UAH.... as well as a couple of liter bottles of cream already with a "layer" on top
from local dairy farmer by the side of the road - total bill for a 2 bags of dairy and garden produce was about $10
and this was dinner, dessert and snacks for me and my kids on the Black Sea!!!! prepared by Chef Boy R Dad!!

Mobers,
kisoks and stands with honey are EVERYWHERE in Moscow...
a lot of "flea market" type of stuff on Saturdays
prices are WAY cheaper outside the city....
it's crazy, but you can go 20 miles from downtown and be in some village
and that's where I got the good deal!!!!
"chorny med" costs more, but I didn't buy any...
don't they have this where you stay in Russia? I thought you're in Sochi?
or are you in "Kipper"??
they probably don't have much honey there, cuz the Oozo sap killed all the bees!!!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:22:53 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 06:17:17 PM »
haha, that would be the kinda boat my DAD would've bought, he had a 40 foot Chriscraft in the Chesapeake bay up until the late 80s that looked similar HIS was for deep sea ocean fishing in the Atlantic!!!

To compare a Hinckley to a ChrisCrap is akin to comparing a Lada to a Shelby Mustang. But it is obvious you do not get it and need others to maintain you POS.

So you understand anything you can not maintain even if it is a dinghy is a yacht. Enjoy, do not drive any faster than you can think and all will be well. Let some BN clean up your shit.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline jone

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
To compare a Hinckley to a ChrisCrap is akin to comparing a Lada to a Shelby Mustang. But it is obvious you do not get it and need others to maintain you POS.

So you understand anything you can not maintain even if it is a dinghy is a yacht. Enjoy, do not drive any faster than you can think and all will be well. Let some BN clean up your shit.

Careful, there, buddy!

I had a Chris-Craft - 44 feet stinkpot.  Aft cabin.  Slept 6.   Loved that yacht.  Neighbor had a 48 Californian.   I liked mine better.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 07:30:16 PM »
do my own boat maintenance?
dewd, I don't even mow the grass on any of the properties I own, not even my own house!!!
I wouldn't even be the person who CLEANED the boat, I'd also hire someone for that to!!
do my own maintenance, LOL!!!

Offline JayH

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 02:44:39 AM »
Funny how the image of a poseur jumps out -- AGAIN ! ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2019, 03:06:43 AM »
do my own boat maintenance?
dewd, I don't even mow the grass on any of the properties I own, not even my own house!!!
I wouldn't even be the person who CLEANED the boat, I'd also hire someone for that to!!
do my own maintenance, LOL!!!

Maintenance on a boat is half the fun.

Every time I came into port I sprayed my boat down from bow to stern.  Would take like 20 minutes.  But you do that upkeep as a matter of course.     Then it would be time to fire up the grill hanging above the dingy runabout and put some nice plump pieces of chicken on to roast for a delicious dinner.  Happy days.  I always considered those tasks as part of boating.   And I loved every minute of it.  Favorite album to play on harbor cruises and out in the break water?   Madonna.   La Isla Bonita

The yacht was originally my brother's.   But when he passed away I took it over.    Being able to tinker, work on the head, put in a hot water heater, those type of things still appeal to me.  Catalina is exactly 26 miles from Marina del Rey.   I'd take the kids and we'd get a mooring over at Emerald Bay or the Isthmus.  Those were weekends well spent.  They could water ski behind the dingy.  Not really fast, but they were young so enjoyed it the way it was.  Sometimes we'd fish for our own dinner.   By the time we got back to the mainland, everyone had a sunburn and a story to tell. 

Offline JayH

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2019, 03:27:34 AM »
Jone , I nearly said this earlier after Av posted,it is abundantly clear that the Krimster is NOT a boat person,and at a guess not a car person either! ----------  funnily enough I actually read the K. comments yesterday. --- while. I was  moving my 28.5 sailing catamaran and a little later blasting back 25 Kms to the Marina at 140 kmh on one of my jet skis.None of this is new to me ! ! ! Apologies to all but I could not help myself reading these wannabe big noters about not much at all of their delusional aspirations.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2019, 03:53:49 AM »
Jone , I nearly said this earlier after Av posted,it is abundantly clear that the Krimster is NOT a boat person,and at a guess not a car person either! ----------  funnily enough I actually read the K. comments yesterday. --- while. I was  moving my 28.5 sailing catamaran and a little later blasting back 25 Kms to the Marina at 140 kmh on one of my jet skis.None of this is new to me ! ! ! Apologies to all but I could not help myself reading these wannabe big noters about not much at all of their delusional aspirations.

I don't think Krimster made a claim to BE a boat person - just that he had owned one in Crimea and recently experienced racing on the Moscow river and intended to buy a motor boat as a result ...

What model jetski do you have that does '140Km/h' ... ?

That is WAY in excess of production models I've ever experienced when borrowing a friends / hiring one ..

http://outdoorasaurus.com/jet-skiing/how-fast-can-jet-ski-go-top-speeds/

Fast production 'jetski' top speed 110 Km/h

Hmmm

Offline JayH

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2019, 04:19:04 AM »
I was about to say it was a little exaggerated!It was probably closer to 120 kmh  :).   A btw going back a few years my stand up was good for a 100kmh ,and that did feel really fast!The late model SeaDoos with a few mods are incredibly quick!

Online krimster2

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2019, 05:28:41 AM »
you SERIOUSLY "enjoy" swabbing the deck?
I don't!!!
probably because when I was a little kid, it's how I'd spend my summer weekends
cleaning my dad's boat!!

no! FREEDOM from that drudgery is what I want!

and to be clear I'm an electrical engineer who designs VLSI circuits
because of this, the primitive mechanics of internal combustion engines aren't very interesting to me...
and I don't do ANY of the maintenance on ANY of the various cars my family drives
not even clean the windshield

the boat is the membership key to a VERY exclusive club in Moscva
once I'm in this club, I can start selling to people in the club...
I'll even put a RussCoin logo on it!!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:18 AM »
JayH,

It is big of you to fess up to your 'exaggeration’..

Why jump in on someone and prove you are no 'expert'' and unreliable, too?

You forgot to tell us what model(s) of jetski (s) you own...seeing the fastest is THIRTY percent slower..

My contention is that you have BS'd us ...a lot..in the past and that is why you have an issue with me...?)

Online krimster2

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2019, 07:53:10 AM »
back in the 1960s, CrissCrafts were built in a town called Salisbury, Maryland, a weird little town about 100 miles or so away from where I lived in Virginia..

my father bought his with the all-wood premium interior, which was about as close as possible for American carpenter’s to emulate a simple traditional light wood European yacht interior.

it was a twin screw with HUGE GM V8 engines that growled and rumbled like thunder when you started them...

flying bridge where I learned how to launch a kite from!

when my dad’s custom job was finished he was invited to the factory for approval (and final payment!) and my mom and my sister and I went with him...

wasn’t at all what I expected!

a boat factory is just nothing but a bunch of carpenters working on sections
and then they have overhead cranes moving the sections together for assembly...
and that’s it!

big disappointment!
even bigger when one of those V8s blew a seal and sprayed hot engine oil everywhere in the engine bay!

guess who got to clean that up?

jayH,
jetskis are a great way to get an upper body workout!
but when I’m on the water I want to relax and not have an exercise contest with the waves!

my boat is a party boat for “smoozing” clients...
BUT...
I’ll also use it to go camping overnight along the Moscva with my wife and her girlfriend...
and in August, we’ll lay back on the deck after smoking some Tungusta Thundefphuck and watch the Perseid meteors shoot across the inky night sky...

PS

you prudish dolts accusing me of sexualizing my children, listen up

NO!

Your dark ages prudish narrative is prudish garbage
I live in a higher cultural level...

a simple example...
last year, I spent a few weeks in Amsterdam with my daughters
we drove to this really nice beach about 40 min away
it was a TOPLESS beach...
I didn’t know this and neither did they as we parked our car...
but we found out once we got to the beach!
because almost every teenage girl and woman was topless
I think because it was just an especially beautiful sunny day...

once my daughters realized this, they begged me to to be allowed to take off their tops
“Proujouste Papa” they pled in unison...
horrosho....
so there they are...

it IS a bit awkward the first time you see your daughters naked breasts
so you look around, and see 30 other dads going through the same thing...
and after awhile, you get used to it, and it’s no big deal, no different from seeing their legs...
but THEY get to enjoy feeling free
and all these natural looking, nearly naked girls frolicking freely on the beach are just SO beautiful!
and I feel happy and content when I look at them the way I would looking at any other beautiful thing in nature...

but to you freakin' Victorian perverts, it’s SHOCKING!
see, I beg to differ with that assessment...
and much prefer my own...

but you have to take something innocent and beautiful
and dirty it with with your own dark thoughts...
and that's the very definition of 'perversion'
you freakin' perverts!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:19:48 AM by krimster2 »

Offline jone

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
Krimster,

I gotta say!  You certainly provide the entertainment!  One week you're telling us how great it is to go through the Moscow strip club scene.   Then the next week you're telling us that at a topless beach, where your daughters are, you feel

"happy and content when I look at them the way I would looking at any other beautiful thing in nature..."

My mirth is not that you went to a topless beach.   Or that your daughters took their tops off.    Nah.   Who cares?   I just laugh because you apparently don't see the dichotomy of your posts.

I need to tell you something, my friend.   The women at the strip clubs are not there because they want to express themselves in nature.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM