It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dozens of Russian Olympic athletes were part of a massive doping campaign  (Read 14810 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10

1/Really now? What have you exactly posted on here other than wild accusations?
2/ I know a lot more than you because i am into an active lifestyle, after spending a few years , i researched and understood that natural just means finding a way to beat a test at a competitive level.

1/

Wild accusations--- really-- these are the "accusations" being admitted by the people that administered the cheating system-- and currently under investigation by numerous respected international bodies.
Wild enough to see the discussion taking place not to allow Russian athletes compete in Rio!!
Wild enough to see the samples from London being looked at again!
The sheer stupidity of your comment is amazing.

2/
Here you go again with outrageous -I know better stuff--as I said previously-- you know nothing of my background.
So tell us-- what associations are you-or have been-- a member of that submits itself to the WADA drug code?
What is your competition experience do you have where you have submitted yourself for testing?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:33:29 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

bluffer...you obviously don't know squat...in other words, pure ignorance as usual!

all jayh 'knows' is that on any given subject russia is guilty and nobody else is, and that is that!!   :D

Fathertime!

What needs be specifically noted about the OP's post here is that this is not about the ability of testing to catch drug cheats.
What has happened here is the diversion of the test sample--BY RUSSIAN OFFICIALS-- so that the correct samples  were not even those tested--but sample from an earlier time.
The substitution by OFFICIALS is what this case is about.

The WADA code that is the supervising body licenses laboratories to do the testing.It is at that stage the samples have been interfered with.What happened in Sochi was an extention of what has been going on in Russia for some time

Wild accusations--- really-- these are the "accusations" being admitted by the people that administered the cheating system-- and currently under investigation by numerous respected international bodies.
Wild enough to see the discussion taking place not to allow Russian athletes compete in Rio!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:46:34 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3

1/

2/
Here you go again with outrageous -I know better stuff--as I said previously-- you know nothing of my background.
So tell us-- what associations are you-or have been-- a member of that submits itself to the WADA drug code?
What is your competition experience do you have where you have submitted yourself for testing?

I am happy you feel so passionate about something, even though you are wrong   :clapping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics

Lots of american names, looks like your not going to admit that this is not only a russian/chinese problem.
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
How is JayH 'wrong' here ?

I'm reading the title of the thread and the allegation is that this was conducted at the highest level by national security officials.

DK wasn't around when former FSU countries were involved in systematic cheating ...His problem is he thinks all national squads want to win at all costs

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
DK wasn't around when former FSU countries were involved in systematic cheating ...His problem is he thinks all national squads want to win at all costs

Yeh rocky 4 was a great movie
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Oh please,,, It was a huge mistake on our part..  We promise that we won't do it ever again.., Please let us in to play with everyone else. We'll be good.

It sounds like the whining of a 5 year old after being threatened with a spanking or a time out now days.

" Russian Sports Minister Apologizes Over Doping, Pleads For Rio Entry "

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-doping-olympics-mutko-apologizes/27735745.html

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
The apology would have sound more authentic if he was on his knees while making it.
Maybe president huilo can get on his knees to make the apology personally then for sure the Russian will be allowed back into the Rio Games.
 :devil:

Offline Gator

Re: Another Russian atlhete fails PED test
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »

Again!!!!

Russian heavyweight boxer Povetkin tested positive for meldonium, and today his title fight scheduled with the champion Deotay Wilder,  on May 21 has been cancelled.  This is the same banned PED that forced Maria Sharapova's suspension from tennis.  BTW, Wilder, an American, passed his drug tests.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/13/11673666/wilder-vs-povetkin-alexander-povetkin-fails-drug-test-fight-in

Offline Larry1

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
This is the same banned PED that forced Maria Sharapova's suspension from tennis. 

since Maria sharapova's suspension I have boycotted watching women's tennis.

Offline JayH

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
Again!!!!

Russian heavyweight boxer Povetkin tested positive for meldonium, and today his title fight scheduled with the champion Deotay Wilder,  on May 21 has been cancelled.  This is the same banned PED that forced Maria Sharapova's suspension from tennis.  BTW, Wilder, an American, passed his drug tests.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/13/11673666/wilder-vs-povetkin-alexander-povetkin-fails-drug-test-fight-in

Russians are not alone in attempts to cheat.But--they continue getting caught on regular basis.
Penalties are ridiculously inadequate.
Australian Lucas Browne stripped of heavyweight boxing title, banned for six months after positive drug test

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-13/lucas-browne-stripped-of-heavyweight-boxing-title-after-b-sampl/7412118

Offline Gator

Offline JayH

News today--retesting with updated technology of Beijing  Olympic sample has so far found 31 positive tests-more to come

Offline jone

This must be really confusing to the Russians.  After all, they are playing by the same rules that they use for all activities in the Rodina.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »
since Maria sharapova's suspension I have boycotted watching women's tennis.

I haven't, but the sound stays off for many of them with their shrieks, moans and grunts.  As for the temper tantrums - Katerina Siniakova is the latest one I've seen spit the dummy and petulantly smash her racquet into the ground.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
them with their shrieks, moans and grunts.
I've often wondered why female tennis players started doing that, I believe, in the 1980s ::). I assume those exhalations help their swing by reducing temporarily their thoracic volume 8)
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline alex330

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »
I've often wondered why female tennis players started doing that, I believe, in the 1980s ::) . I assume those exhalations help their swing by reducing temporarily their thoracic volume 8) .

I was under the impression that a forceful exhale and grunt added force to a blow or swing, much like fighters do when landing a punch or weight lifters when lifting heavy weight.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
Today is crunch day for Maria

Maria Sharapova: What is meldonium & will its use be wide http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35758901

It is reckoned she will get a ban as she carried on using a newly banned drug past the start of its illegality.

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »
I was under the impression that a forceful exhale and grunt added force to a blow or swing, much like fighters do when landing a punch or weight lifters when lifting heavy weight.
But, IINM, male players don't or seldom do it. No interfering rotundities :D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
But, IINM, male players don't or seldom do it. No interfering rotundities :D?

A lot of the top women players are quite capable of playing without these extraneous noises, and it hasn't stopped their climb to the top.  Agnieszka Radwanska and Petra Kvitiova are two obvious examples, where you may hear the occasional grunt for effort, but nothing else.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection

Complete and utter rubbish.It is a ridiculous comment.
If you had said   "Russian" athletes --then it would have been closer to the mark.
Russia has a culture of dishonesty,cheating as a way of life -promoted from the top.

It is exactly the sort of ignorance your post promotes that drug cheating is justified because "everyone" does it.

Tell Dick Pound he's wrong -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2384113/Dick-Pound-Doping-widespread-sport.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/meldonium-use-widespread-in-tennis-says-wada-s-dick-pound-1.2567469

Then there's this -

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/17/iaaf-kenya-investigation-doping-allegations

and this -

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/14/sport/athletics-corruption-embedded-within-iaaf---anti-doping-report/

and this -

http://www.runnersworld.com/performance-enhancing-drugs/update-how-tainted-was-the-womens-1500-in-london

Those not using performance enhancing drugs in elite sports cannot compete with those that do.  End of story. 

The issue in the Russian story is that it was state sponsored, not that athletes were using performance enhancing drugs.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

Those not using performance enhancing drugs in elite sports cannot compete with those that do.  End of story. 

Is that an attempt to use semantics to to validate your argument to "win"?
Once again-- a rubbish statement(must have been your day for them!!) :wallbash:
It would have been more accurate to say- that some have to use Ped's to be competitive.It is quite wrong to say drug free athletes cannot compete-they do-- and some still succeed.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Yes, I can see how disagreeing with you is "rubbish". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7 of the 9 competitors in the Women's 1500 relay in London were later discovered to have been using performance enhancing drugs. 

Lance Armstong denied using performance enhancing drugs until he was caught.  Most cyclists competing against him said "So what?  We all used performance enhancing drugs."

Despite evidence from experts such as Dick Pound on the widespread use of drugs in sports, go ahead and continue believing in the tooth fairy.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 07:16:58 PM »
A lot of the top women players are quite capable of playing without these extraneous noises, and it hasn't stopped their climb to the top.  Agnieszka Radwanska and Petra Kvitiova are two obvious examples, where you may hear the occasional grunt for effort, but nothing else.

I might have to retract the second name after this week's efforts in Paris!  Kvitova is rather noisier than I'd ever heard from her before, but the new queen-in-waiting has to be Garbine Muguruza - she's appalling.  I must have forgotten what I'd heard watching her in other tournaments - or else I already had the sound off!  Funny, though, how you hardly hear a breath from most (not all) of the doubles players - even those who, like Kristina Mladenovic, are top singles players as well.

Offline Anotherkiwi

7 of the 9 competitors in the Women's 1500 relay in London were later discovered to have been using performance enhancing drugs.

It wasn't a relay (there is no 1500m relay, anyway - it's the 4 x 400m) - it was the individual final.

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Russia's squirming over more doping charges and drug re-testing with dirty results and still maybe excluded from the Rio Olympics.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-mutko-olympic-ban-doping/27762778.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM