It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359031 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #725 on: August 24, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »
Make no mistake, the bloodletting will have to commence at some point. The day of reckoning will happen. When it does happen, we need to do it from a position of fiscal strength and responsibility rather than bankruptcy. Greece can get bailed out from it's irresponsibilty because it's economy is insignificant. America will have no where to turn. Do you not see the urgency here?

Yes, and logic dictates the fiscal 'haircut' should begin at the top, where it hurts least.  Greece is a pimple on the world's arse.. of little economic consequence... but still it makes the markets shake... why is that?

Greece a problem?... yes officially... but reflect... in the majority of the PIIGS no one pays anywhere near the amount of taxes that are really due.  The 'black' segment of their economies, not reflected in 'official' GDP figures is staggering....   It's more like FSU than anything north of Switzerland and west of the Atlantic.  I go to the local butcher and buy 50 EUR of meat...  guess what the bill says.. 20 EUR.  Think it doesn't happen in Greece?  LOL

Greece's debt has been 'shaved' in half or more.. and the money is still rolling in to cover the rest.

Yeah, life is tough but I tell you what... go anywhere near the Med with a pocket full of cash and see what happens.... you'll be happy to leave with a shirt.  The saving grace of the South is that nobody wanted to lend them money anyway.. and that put them in decent position today.  No credit is much better than bad credit.  So is living within your means however difficult that may be.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #726 on: August 24, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
...How many times do you Americans (even the naturalised ones) tell the rest of us that you rule the world?...

OY! There goes the proverbial deep-seeded pesky pebble again, LOL! How many times? My guess is 'zero' so I'm resigned to suggest that's likely just a self-induced paranoia. Do you see dead people, too?

You should see someone about that. It could turn into a wart, you know.

As for the rest of your rant, try it with some Dems over a cold picther of Kool-Aid. I personally don't have the time or the interest. I've better things to do with my time, you know.

;)
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #727 on: August 24, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
Oh and btw... one of the best gifts you can give a child is to help them learn multiple languages.

Out of 5 kids

2 bilingual
3 trilingual
Wife trilingual
In my lifetime have spoken French(my first language), Italian, Spanish, German, English a decent portion of Russian and smattering of Turkish.

I see it this way..  Each language learned opens the door to to millions of new friends and business partners.

Without multi language skills, I would still be pumping gas... oops... in the US there are no full service pumps anymore... or?

Obama is right.. even within the RW world we talk about communication being key..  is it not so in business?

Think about it.

For the naysayers.. keep thinking the old ways...

Allegedly, a Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following:
Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"
Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war."

Offline The Natural

« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
I can't clearly understand the war of Democrats versus Republicans. It's like you have a choice between the Plague and AIDS. When will you understand they are all of the elite and will screw the public, no matter who is president now or later.

Last time you were tired of the bad press Bush baby made and went for hope and glory with Obama. Then the hope, that was never specified, went out the window with more wars and executive imprisonment and torture policies and now you set your hopes for a billionaire who is a Mormon which is a religion of hate against the USA and in support of the English rule? And a religion that hates blacks to top it off.

And none of this is in the media. Only that Romney is a billionaire and an asset stripper and knows economics. Haha. Yeah, vote for this poster boy and get what you deserve! Is it only in the USA that the poor loves the rich parasites, or what?

Offline BC

« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
There is both bad and good about two term limitations on the Presidency... much about the first term is about getting re-elected and the second term one can show balls and go for broke.

The 'home game' advantage is hard to break.. Reps.. your next chance is 2016.

Offline BC

« Reply #730 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
I can't clearly understand the war of Democrats versus Republicans. It's like you have a choice between the Plague and AIDS. When will you understand they are all of the elite and will screw the public, no matter who is president now or later.

Natural,

You have to understand that the US is still a divided country.  In each town there are boundaries, mostly along racial, ethnic and economic lines.  These lines divide school and election districts.  The contrast is simply too stark, and unfortunately pervasive.  The 'melting pot' is filled with ice cubes and no one wants to tender the fire.

One of the most frequent questions when meeting someone new in the US is 'Where do you live'.....  why is that?

I don't know much at all about Norway, but is that question of great importance other than to figure out which is better 'your place or my place'?

In Europe I rarely see those boundaries and If I do, it's mostly economic as in public housing areas hosting a wide mix of peoples.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #731 on: August 24, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
Natural,

You have to understand that the US is still a divided country.  In each town there are boundaries, mostly along racial, ethnic and economic lines.  These lines divide school and election districts.  The contrast is simply too stark, and unfortunately pervasive.  The 'melting pot' is filled with ice cubes and no one wants to tender the fire.

One of the most frequent questions when meeting someone new in the US is 'Where do you live'.....  why is that?

I don't know much at all about Norway, but is that question of great importance other than to figure out which is better 'your place or my place'?

In Europe I rarely see those boundaries and If I do, it's mostly economic as in public housing areas hosting a wide mix of peoples.
'
¨'¨
I suppose divisions are everywhere, but how to explain the red team and the blue team when both teams are screwing you? And... in any case someone thinks this only happens in the US, it doesn't. In my own country we have a labour party and they are all for the EU and then there is the opposition party who apparently is on the right side and they are also... for the EU!

I don't really know enough of what you are saying when it comes to politics, what part of a country or what group wins out. Power tends to be circulated in capitols I guess but we have ways to counteract this in a relatively vibrant democracy. But with more centralization and globalization that is in danger. May I need to point out that I, living on the northern outskirts of a tiny country on the very north of the world, does NOT want any further centralization?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #732 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Natural,

You almost echoed Jacque Chirac's statement. Then a riot broke out in his backyard, LOL.

Yup. It's all good.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

« Reply #733 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
You almost echoed Jacque Chirac's statement. Then a riot broke out in his backyard, LOL.

Yup. It's all good.

Indeed a good example GQ.

Germany does a lot better by distributing immigrant populations.  Example when the influx of ethnic Germans first returned from FSU they were basically assigned places to live in towns strewn across Germany and not some huge centralized housing complex.

Offline BC

« Reply #734 on: August 24, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »
Oh...

And why is it when I was living in the US, I noted that Mr. Black was usually white and Mr. White was usually black.

To this day that remains a mystery.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #735 on: August 24, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
Oh...

And why is it when I was living in the US, I noted that Mr. Black was usually white and Mr. White was usually black.

Which reminded me when I first arrived here and noticed how Black folks carried the same Anglo surname as everyone else, so I asked and got the answer..but like your Q, no one seem to have answer to my other Q either...how is it Tarzan doesn't have a beard?  :P

Anyway. I'm not much into polls, but to put 'some' perspective as to the division within our social-politico at large, here's a nice little read:

http://tracysright.com/telling-poll-results-about-uncle-sam-republicans-say-leave-me-alone-dems-lend-me-a-hand/

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:58:01 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #736 on: August 24, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

Last time you were tired of the bad press Bush baby made and went for hope and glory with Obama. Then the hope, that was never specified, went out the window with more wars and executive imprisonment and torture policies and now you set your hopes for a billionaire who is a Mormon which is a religion of hate against the USA and in support of the English rule? And a religion that hates blacks to top it off.

And none of this is in the media. Only that Romney is a billionaire and an asset stripper and knows economics. Haha. Yeah, vote for this poster boy and get what you deserve! Is it only in the USA that the poor loves the rich parasites, or what?

You are a very bright guy. Obama is a disaster. With Romney we have a hope for change. We can project our hopes on Romney then vote for him for that reason. Then maybe if he is elected he'll put aside his desire to get reelected and do the necessary painful surgery America needs. Like BC said, let America throw up and get the poison out. No more kicking the can down the road with quantitive easing. No more banker bailouts. No more giving the big boys a pass on their financial fraud. No more trying to maintain the American Empire abroad. Just let the whole bloody thing collapse. Then maybe Romney will lead us to a solid rebuild, a restructuring of America. We can hope Romney will have a backbone of steel and not be a flip flopper. We can hope for change.

Offline BC

« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

Anyway. I'm not much into polls, but to put 'some' perspective as to the division within our social-politico at large, here's a nice little read:

http://tracysright.com/telling-poll-results-about-uncle-sam-republicans-say-leave-me-alone-dems-lend-me-a-hand/

One of the first questions I would ask is nowadays how many either dem or rep, rich or poor still have their telephone numbers listed.

The Fox News poll is based on live telephone interviews on landlines and cell phones from August 19 to August 21 among 1,007 randomly-chosen likely voters nationwide.

I don't trust that 3% at all.. Over the years I have seen my telephone book dwindle down to the thickness of a Newsweek magazine.  Include unsolicited call blocks and I wonder whether or not telephone polls are anywhere near the level required to be 'statistically valid'.

The only statistics that will truly count are those published early in the morning of Nov 7th.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »

Pat Buchanan:
The GOP's insoluble problem is that the multicultural, multiethnic and multilingual country they created with their open borders appears not to like the brand of dog food the party sells.

[/size]

Offline The Natural

« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

You are a very bright guy. Obama is a disaster. then vote for him for that reason. Then maybe if he is elected he'll put aside his desire to get reelected and do the necessary painful surgery America neWith Romney we have a hope for change. We can project our hopes on Romney eds. Like BC said, let America throw up and get the poison out. No more kicking the can down the road with quantitive easing. No more banker bailouts. No more giving the big boys a pass on their financial fraud. No more trying to maintain the American Empire abroad. Just let the whole bloody thing collapse. Then maybe Romney will lead us to a solid rebuild, a restructuring of America. We can hope Romney will have a backbone of steel and not be a flip flopper. We can hope for change.

Please I pray, let this be a cunning clever sense of humour for the intelligent!!!! Did anyone remember when last time I warned about Obama? Romney is much worse. You have a few very (extremely) intelligent people in the US. Why not use their insights?

Seriously Maxxx, do you hope that Romney will do any difference for the Average Joe?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #740 on: August 24, 2012, 06:17:16 PM »
Each language learned opens the door to to millions of new friends and business partners.

Without multi language skills, I would still be pumping gas... oops... in the US there are no full service pumps anymore... or?

To tell the 180 degree story.  I have been traveling outside USA for business for close to 20 years in nearly 30 countries.  I have zero language skills outside of English.  Has never been a problem for me.

If the other side has no English skills . . . I simply say next, and go on about my business.

English is the language of business around the globe.

And . . . I have more than enough (probably too many) friends in these foreign countries.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Mitt VS Obama
« Reply #741 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »

Fear and Loathing in Tampa: Your Gonzo Guide to the Republican National Convention

By Michael E. Miller Thursday, Aug 23 2012   
...... unbelievers will be confined like cattle to designated protest zones. There will be Black Bloc anarchists, Code Pink soccer moms dressed as giant vaginas, a poor people's camp called Romneyville, and tens of thousands of Ron Paul fanatics descending like libertarian locusts to devour whatever scraps their septuagenarian savior tosses them. Barred by city officials from bringing masks, puppets, or tricycles, the malcontents will be surrounded by 4,000 heavily armed police —

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-08-23/news/republican-national-convention-2012-fear-and-loathing-in-tampa/

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #742 on: August 24, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »

Is it only in the USA that the poor loves the rich parasites, or what?

Reidar, you have a very bad misconception about the situation in USA.
But your conception is common with people throughout Europe which has a history of Royalty and a history of job placement and promotions based on connections rather than performance.

Our leaders, by and large, are not from the elites or very old money.  Sure there are some, but they are outweighed by those who came up from quite ordinary or even humble beginnings.  Unfortunately, too many of them have chosen the lawyer route to achieve their education and election to public office.

There is no screwing over the public by wealthy elites.
There is screwing over the successful members of society by leaders who wish to take from those who have worked hard and redistribute to those who are not ambitious.

As I posted earlier in this thread:

25% of the people paid 87.3% of the Federal Income taxes.

That means 75% of the people only paid the remaining 12.7%
You think these 75% are going to vote to change this?

These (and similar figures for different years) figures can be found on dozens of Federal and Independent websites such as:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-individual-income-tax-data-0

Yes, the poor here in USA do love the rich.  Because from the efforts of these rich, they are the ones who can be the parasites.

And lest anyone think otherwise about my elitism or advantages . . . my father completed 3rd grade and my mother completed 8th grade.  I grew up dirt poor and got handouts from no one.  Our extensive welfare system did not exist in my childhood.

My enormous income tax payments now go to support my childhood acquaintances who led a very calm and fun filled life of beer drinking and drag strip racing.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #743 on: August 24, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »

I see none of this division that you talk about.
In my daily life here I interact with many people from many walks of life and economic situations.
I never feel, nor sense any divisions such as those you speak of.
Quite often in the house I am spending most time in now, it is even  hard to determine the income levels of people if you see them outside their home or work.

I show up at the farmer's market driving my 1996 small size base model pickup that is pretty banged up from timbering and wood cutting operations, hauling landscape materials, etc. . . . and buy items from people with few teeth driving the latest model full size pickup truck with all the options.

Other times I drive around in my luxury car or sports car.  I never notice any difference in my treatment from anyone.

Offline ML

« Reply #744 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »

In my childhood hometown there were few blacks.  But of those, many of them lived on White Avenue.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #745 on: August 24, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »

Please I pray, let this be a cunning clever sense of humour for the intelligent!!!! Did anyone remember when last time I warned about Obama? Romney is much worse. You have a few very (extremely) intelligent people in the US. Why not use their insights?

Seriously Maxxx, do you hope that Romney will do any difference for the Average Joe?

This best illustrates what I believe is America

Obama and Romney are in the car with the license plate of "1PCT". I see me, tfcrew, GQ, Good 'ol Boy, ML, FP and Muzh in the little boats. Neither Romney or Obama have any inclination to shut off the sewer pipes much less any plan to deal with the debt storm.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #746 on: August 24, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

Obama and Romney are in the car with the license plate of "1PCT". I see me, tfcrew, GQ, Good 'ol Boy, ML, FP and Muzh in the little boats. Neither Romney or Obama have any inclination to shut off the sewer pipes much less any plan to deal with the debt storm.

Yeah, but I don't see the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd Max?  :rolleyes:

Where are they?

GOB
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:32:20 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #747 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »

Yeah, but I don't see the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd Max?  :rolleyes:

Where are they?

GOB

There in the little boats further upstream. Hopefully they will get educated that it's the sewer pipes that need stopping and vote for Ron Paul! in 2016.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #748 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:59 PM »
I'm sorry to say I see no individual in the US that can save the day, either in 2012 or 216. I used to think Ron Paul was the answer. That was until I was made aware of his answer to the bad economy by cutting a measly 15% off the Pentagon, same as Obama, and let the poor take most of it with a 64% haircut on food stamps and big cuts to programs to feed poor infants. Good luck to the members here selling themselves to Russians girls with life values like that!

Offline calmissile

« Reply #749 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
I'm sorry to say I see no individual in the US that can save the day, either in 2012 or 216. I used to think Ron Paul was the answer. That was until I was made aware of his answer to the bad economy by cutting a measly 15% off the Pentagon, same as Obama, and let the poor take most of it with a 64% haircut on food stamps and big cuts to programs to feed poor infants. Good luck to the members here selling themselves to Russians girls with life values like that!

You just seem to not get it!  We in the U.S. do not want big government and a large welfare state.  Get it?

Perhaps selling our "life values" to Russian girls will include the idea of her giving food to the needy from our kitchen rather than letting the government give it to the illegals and lazies from our paychecks.

I have no desire to influence your country to change your views to match ours.  You can have whatever system you like.  Perhaps your pacifist attitude toward a strong military will come around to bite you in the ass in the future.  Who will save you this time?
Doug (Calmissile)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2042
Total: 2050

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat