It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Test  (Read 19567 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2005, 09:05:35 PM »
All your statements about marriage, pre-nup, money, traditional valuables and so far produce only one thought in my mind - you wife has no word in your family at all except may be about what facion of new dress she wants to buy ( though even here I doubt she can buy what she wants if it goes across to what you think)

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Test
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 02:21:23 AM »
Quote from: Elen
All your statements about marriage, pre-nup, money, traditional valuables and so far produce only one thought in my mind - you wife has no word in your family at all except may be about what facion of new dress she wants to buy ( though even here I doubt she can buy what she wants if it goes across to what you think)

And what is wrong with that if both people ae happy?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 05:10:35 AM »
Nothing . There are only two doubts if she is happy with you or with your money, and if she is really happy. And nobody knows the answeres for sure, even you:P (because with such pre-nut and such ability of you to accept any point wich is defferent to your own one I strongly doubt your wife would ever tell you the whole truth about anything).

Though may be you really managed to find absolutely obedient to your will woman.

Can enjoy with such kind of women?,then  my congratulations for you. :?(though to my mind such realationship follows to boring of husband, or to a wife's revolt or to wife's young lover behind husband's back ) IMO 

(btw do you train her with plane flying by yourself or she has some young instructor?;):D)

Offline TigerPaws

Test
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 06:43:04 AM »
(btw do you train her with plane flying by yourself or she has some young instructor?;):D)
Elen,

You train a dog, but a person will teach or instruct people and yes I instructed my wife to drive a car (she had never driven a car before coming to America) as well as fly a single engine and twin aircraft, she is very proficient at both now. My wife recently learned to scuba dive while we were in the Caribbean purchasing a new house and I am continuning to instruct her on how to sail our boat.

Additionally I take serious officence to your implication that my wife would cheat on me, it tells me a great deal about the true nature of your character.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 06:47:00 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2005, 07:06:05 AM »
You train a dog, but a person will teach or instruct people

This particular time I meant nothing bad honestly - ABBY lingvo -7 gives the same word "train" for wifes and for dogs as well.

тренировать 

несовер. - тренировать; совер. - натренировать  (кого-л./что-л.) 

train; coach спорт тж.
Additionally I take serious officence to your implication that my wife would cheat on me, it tells me a reat deal about the true nature of your character. [/size][/color][/font]

Ok don't pay too many attention to such spoiled persone as me. It's not my fault You should blame our classic Russian writers and our secondary school literature course wich have put such odd ideas in my mind. If you read all those stories written by Chehov, Tolstoy, Ostrovskiy, Turgenev and others you would have the same srewed viewpoints at marriage with big difference as I have:P  ( I'm not kidding 90% stories we studied and discussed at school were about "misalliances")

( can't help myself but according to your own pre-nut you don't trust her as well)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 07:08:00 AM by Elen »

Offline TigerPaws

Test
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2005, 07:15:20 AM »

Ok don't pay too many attention to such spoiled persone as me. It's not my fault You should blame our classic Russian writers and our secondary school literature course wich have put such odd ideas in my mind. If you read all those stories written by Chehov, Tolstoy, Ostrovskiy, Turgenev and others you would have the same srewed viewpoints at marriage with big difference as I have:P  ( I'm not kidding 90% stories we studied and discussed at school were about "misalliances")

( can't help myself but according to your own pre-nut you don't trust her as well)

Nothing to do with my wife, in general I do not trust anyone which comes from being taken advantage of all to often.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2005, 07:21:58 AM »
Nothing to do with my wife, in general I do not trust anyone which comes from being taken advantage of all to often.

Ok I leave you in a peace for today;) with my advantages because it seems I'm too tired as I stoped to understant what 're you speaking about  at all:?
[/size][/color][/font] 

Offline Dude

Test
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2005, 08:00:05 AM »
Having been taken before by a calculating woman I'll never enter into a contract of such disadvantage as the marriage contract again. Mostly I want a woman that is with me to be happy. A woman can be with me if it she is happy or go if not satisfied but I will not promise or pay her anything if she goes. The guaranteed income only increases the probability she will leave me and find another man so she has my money and his also. The entire situation is stupid and any man participating in such negotiations is a fool.

Offline TigerPaws

Test
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 09:19:35 AM »
Quote from: Dude
Having been taken before by a calculating woman I'll never enter into a contract of such disadvantage as the marriage contract again. Mostly I want a woman that is with me to be happy. A woman can be with me if it she is happy or go if not satisfied but I will not promise or pay her anything if she goes. The guaranteed income only increases the probability she will leave me and find another man so she has my money and his also. The entire situation is stupid and any man participating in such negotiations is a fool.

Dude,

You are of course entitled to your opinion and what you do is up for you to decide but there are those who believe differently, prenups or marrage contracts have been around for many centuries. As I said before my father and his father before him used them as did I in my first marrage and now in my second, what works for some will not work for others. There is no need for name calling when you do agree with a subject.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Test
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 11:56:39 AM »
Ok I leave you in a peace for today;) with my advantages because it seems I'm too tired as I stoped to understant what 're you speaking about  at all:?
[/size][/color][/font] 

[/quote]

Elen,

Anyone that has or has had real money will tell you that money draws more flies than sh!t in the summer sun.  After friends, family and 'business' proposals get their 'cut' one tends to start watching out where the money went.  A real milionaire or multi has usually lost it all before and had to start over.. therefore the trust issue..

In any case if half of what Tiger says is accurate I'm sure his wife is happy.. and that's what counts.  It's up to her and him to keep things going and there ain't a darn thing we can or should do about it..  It's their life and we should let them live it.

BTW Have you seen Tiger's photo album?.. Nice couple and seem to 'fit' together quite well...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 12:58:52 PM »
Elen,:shock::shock::shock:

Anyone that has or has had real money will tell you that money draws more flies than sh!t in the summer sun.  After friends, family and 'business' proposals get their 'cut' one tends to start watching out where the money went.  A real milionaire or multi has usually lost it all before and had to start over.. therefore the trust issue..

Wonder why do you explain all that to ME? Millions are not a tread to me at all:D Let go and tell such afflatus to Tigers, he needs in them more than I.:D
In any case if half of what Tiger says is accurate I'm sure his wife is happy.. and that's what counts.  It's up to her and him to keep things going and there ain't a darn thing we can or should do about it..  It's their life and we should let them live it.

If you forget we discuss here a trust in marriager of "mesalliance type" It was Tiger's decision to cite his marriage as an example of happy couple. But all Tigers's arguments and proves were  brought to his big money and life style he managed to buy to his wife, to "fair" paragraph in pre-nut wich bound financialy his wife to him and to his claims she 's happy with his odd rules of "traditional wife". It's up to her and him to keep things going and there ain't a darn thing I want to do about it.. 

As well as I'm not going to believe in such kind of marriage  And there ain't a darn thing you (or Tiger )can or should do about it..  :P

BTW Have you seen Tiger's photo album?.. Nice couple and seem to 'fit' together quite well...

I saw . Big deal. Every family has those albums. (but mostly there are more kids photos in them)

Offline Bruno

Test
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 01:01:06 PM »

[line]
[line]

Not fall in love of a photo :D joke...

The post of Tiger are sometime shocking but... he has be honest about itself from the begin with her woman... she have know and sign the prenups, she have married him, she have give him a child and they are happy together...

Like i have say before, Tiger have a lot of chance, he have find the right woman, these who accept him like he is... the quest for find a wife is really not easy for someone who is rich... yes, money make happy but it is really difficult to know if the woman have interest in his wallet or in himself...

Tiger, i don't like you :X but i wish you a very long life and a lot of happiness with your wife... :shock: Maybe you can help David from Denver... you are from the same class ( but not same character ) and he just starting the process... and he make all for attract a scammer ( speak of his income )... maybe you are able to give him some advice... 

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2005, 01:21:41 PM »
Maybe you can help David from Denver... you are from the same class ( but not same character ) and he just starting the process... and he make all for attract a scammer ( speak of his income )... maybe you are able to give him some advice... 

:shock: Bruno!! David is looking for woman who would be able to rule his money:D How do  you fancy a man like Tiger would give advices how to do that? 

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Test
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2005, 01:41:57 PM »
Elen, until there are women who are ready to sell themselves - men will buy them. For some of such women is some kind of happiness to be little home-pet.

Offline TigerPaws

Test
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2005, 05:39:21 PM »
Quote from: Fiorella
Elen, until there are women who are ready to sell themselves - men will buy them. For some of such women is some kind of happiness to be little home-pet.

As long as the couple is happy with the relationship what is wrong with that?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2005, 06:31:01 PM »
As long as the couple is happy with the relationship what is wrong with that?
[/size][/color][/font]
 Nothing but such kind of "happinest" is neither an argument in any discussion nor an example for imitation.

Offline Bruno

Test
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2005, 11:33:11 PM »

[line]
:shock: Bruno!! David is looking for woman who would be able to rule his money:D How do  you fancy a man like Tiger would give advices how to do that?
[line]

Tiger can help him to find the right woman and not a scammer... Because they are around the same class, he can inform him how to protect himself... what happen for the marriage and after will be only the problem of David... but until David have not find the right one, some advice of Tiger can be usefull...

Tiger know the difficulty to find a good woman when you are rich... myself, i can only imagine it... and David can only follow the advice that he go find good for himself...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 12:28:09 AM »
Why do you give such liitle credit to David as you suppose he would be happy with home-pet type of women (Tiger doesn't know the others types)
Tiger know the difficulty to find a good woman when you are rich

Tiger does know difficults to find a woman who would be admit his rules of "traditional wife" And the only one way to do that is to buy her if you' re rich enough. I hope Russian women would not find one more "tiger" in David's case

Offline Bruno

Test
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
It was only about protect David from scammer... no more... David don't you a young woman but a older one, who can be a partner at all level ( heart and business )... it seem me a good man... but i fear that he can become a bad one if he have too much problem with scammer due to his money... At 52 yo, David is enough mature for choice what advice are good for him and what is not good...

Elena, have you some friend ladies who have interest to marry a foreign man and who know something in economie and budget... David is waiting... :shock::P:D

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:52 AM »
All my females friends are the same ages like me (40) so they are "out" of your brides' market "a-priory"

If David would write in his profile he wants a woman in this ages' cathegory I'm sure he will get a lot of honest "good" women. (without my help) Scammers are rather rare thing among women after 35.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Test
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2005, 05:20:17 AM »
Ok I agree with anything and espesially with the fact that a world with pre-nuts and big money is a parallel universe to my world.

And btw where a child will appear after a divorce will depend on a will of rich "father" and his lawers. One more "allient" thing to me :?

Actually, you are wrong, Elen.  Child support is not an area for debate here in the US.  There are complicated formulas used by the state governments that set the child support amount.  It is based on the man's income and is strictly enforced until the child reaches 18 years old.  This isn't Russia, where one can buy favors from the government in areas like this.  American men are forced to support their children here.  Truth is that many divorced American men fight to get "joint custody" of their children so as to stay involved in their children's lives.  That means that not only does the man pay support for his children, but they also live part time with him.  I have been divorced for over 10 years now and I am closer to my children than their Mother is.

I don't blame men of wealth to protect their wealth via a prenuptual agreement.  With the terribly unfair divorce laws here in the US, it is the only way to preserve your wealth from being attacked in a nasty divorce.  To not protect it, would be foolish.  Any marriage is a risky proposition, and it would be foolish to risk your life's accomplishments unnecessarily.

You can turn this argument around very easily.  If the woman is marrying for love, then the prenupt should not alter her decision.  Obviously, Mrs. Tigerpaws thought this way.  The proof is in that they are still happily married at the 5 year mark.  We all make our private deals for love and they made their's.  And it has worked for them. 

My wife offered to sign any document I wanted prior to us marrying.  She knew my history involving a bitter divorce.  Even though my ex-wife cheated on me after 20 years of marriage, she fought tooth and nail to capture as much of my accumilated wealth as she possibly could.  Through years of court battles (which I also was forced to pay for) she received a tidy sum of money and a portion of a business that I alone had worked to build for 15 years.  She promptly sold her portion of ownership to my partners putting me in an unfavorable position.  I promptly lost the company that I had built.  That is how the American system works.  My Russian wife knew this and decided to offer to take the dollars out of our equation.

BTW, I didn't take her up on her offer either.  Truth is that my assets at the time of our marriage were not significant enough to warrent a prenupt.  Today, it is much different.  We own close to $2 million in real estate , 3 cars and a host of other valuable assets.  Some are in my name and some are in her's.  She has stood by my side as I have rebuilt our finances and if something would happen to make us split up, she deserves the 1/2 she would get.  I don't see that happening anytime too soon.

KenC
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:23:00 AM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2005, 06:23:57 AM »
Actually, you are wrong, Elen.  Child support is not an area for debate here in the US. 

[/font]I was speaking not about child support ( we in Russia didn't used to it after divorce so it would not be such big "tragedy" for russian woman. I'm about who would child stay with after divorce if father is rich american and mother is only former FSU citizen with no enough money for life(thanks such "smart" pre-nut) . According to your laws most probably a court would deсide it's in child's interests to stay with rich father(if he wants of course). And THAT would be a real tragedy for russian woman
That means that not only does the man pay support for his children, but they also live part time with him.  [/font]

It's not a fact that's good thing in all cases. I saw enough families here with such order of things and very often it followed only to child became a perfect "manipulator" taking advantages about parents.
If the woman is marrying for love, then the prenupt should not alter her decision.  Obviously, Mrs. Tigerpaws thought this way.  The proof is in that they are still happily married at the 5 year mark.  We all make our private deals for love and they made their's.  And it has worked for them[/font]

What obviously for me after reading Tiger's post is only that Mrs Tigerpawn is happy with that style of life Mr Tigerpawn was abble to buy for her with his big money. And it's not obviouse that she is happy with himself, more over a "fact of marrying for love" in my view of meaning of this word is more than just doubt.
I don't blame men of wealth to protect their wealth via a prenuptual agreement[/font]

It's male's point of view at this problem. Females have a right for their own one - how not to appear at a street in alient country without your american child, without money and without a support of your family.

I have been divorced for over 10 years now and I am closer to my children than their Mother is.
If you are not ready to re-tell us a FULL hisotry of your relationship with your former wife and not ready to start a discussion "a-la Tiger" about who is more closer to your children after the divorvce then it would be better not to use such statement about your private life as an arguments and proves for anything.[/font]

Offline Bruno

Test
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2005, 07:08:25 AM »

[line]
I was speaking not about child support ( we in Russia didn't used to it after divorce so it would not be such big "tragedy" for russian woman. I'm about who would child stay with after divorce if father is rich american and mother is only former FSU citizen with no enough money for life(thanks such "smart" pre-nut) . According to your laws most probably a court would deсide it's in child's interests to stay with rich father(if he wants of course). And THAT would be a real tragedy for russian woman
[line]

Elena, you have right but what about a other situation... i was married with a russian woman and she have a young daughter... She was 2.5 year when i have begin take care of her like my own daughter... my relation with Anastasia was really good and she was my light in life... After the divorce, i have loose all the right because i was not the man who have give her the life... At the last birthday, for her 10 year, the new boyfriend of my ex-wife have refuse i see her... i have give her a gift at her school... result, the law prohibith me now to approch her... this is a real tragedy for me... and i am not russian ...

The real father of Anastasia have go away some days after the birth because the child was with a cerebral paralysis... i have use all my love and money spare during my 9 year in army for she receive all medical hulp needed... now, she is normal, with a QI more high that the normal... for thank me, i have no more the right to see her. It is not because your russian man are jerk with children that western man are the same...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Test
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2005, 09:30:30 AM »
I know about you case Bruno, but my "selfish" point was about Russian women's views at that problem. And the question "how to protect yourself from husband'd take out your child after probable devorce(especially if you don't get green card yet) "-  bothers RW's mind more than "money-pre-nut" issue.

Offline Bruno

Test
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2005, 09:53:44 AM »

[line]
And the question "how to protect yourself from husband'd take out your child after probable devorce(especially if you don't get green card yet) "
[line]

I don't know the law in US... but for Belgium, the child will be a Belgium citizen because of the father ( law of blood )... some other country like France follow the law of ground ( place of birth )...

Same without belgium nationality, the ex-wife is allow to stay on the Belgium territory until the child is adult ( 18 yo )... After 5 year stay on the territory, the woman can ask a regulation and receive a permanent authorisation of residence in Belgium...

Maybe the law in US are the same, they allow mother to stay in US with own american child...

Yep... US people ... what are your law ?...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541494
Total Topics: 20865
Most Online Today: 2204
Most Online Ever: 12701