It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Continues  (Read 103152 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Life Continues
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
I once got fully undressed and walked by mistake into a women's shower area where several women were there.

Is that a true story? I've made the mistake of walking into locker rooms and showers full of naked men many times in my life. I can't seem to get it right.

In the USA, I think it appropriate that you call him, and call him out on what he did. Meanwhile, seriously, have a conversation with someone high up in his department. What he did was stalking, pure and simple.

Although the officer used his police powers to get personal info, my wife's phone number, he never called her again. She did tell him she's in a relationship. Officers are not perfect so I didn't fault him for pursuing a beautiful woman but if he called my wife twice after being rejected the first time, it's a real problem and I would definitely do what you recommend.

There are some ladies who will "upgrade husbands" after the adjustment period in the West. There are stories of shipwrecks on this forum.

There are men who live with that fear right now. Those men are insecure since they believe they live a woman they don't deserve, one that's out of their league. My wife asked me if I was afraid she'd leave me. I told her "No, you're free to leave anytime. I do not want to be married to a person who does not enjoy being with me. I don't want to lose you but I don't want you to be unhappy living with me either." If for some reason my marriage doesn't last forever, I have the ability to have another robust dating life and eventually find another quality woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Life Cont
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2015, 06:03:32 AM »
PENTAX 6x7 Still-Life  I have one done to 1050 pixels on the upright side to send for my Club projected image comp but its not very different from this at 800 pixels
Apropos of what :-\?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
PENTAX 6x7 Still-Life       I have one done to 1050 pixels on the upright side to send for my Club projected image comp but its not very different from this at 800 pixels

I feel honored out of all the places on the internet you could've posted that, you chose my thread. There's got to be some good reasoning behind that.

Next weekend, my wife and I will be visiting my relatives in Springfield, MO. Sorry Miquel, I will not have time to meet to enjoy some of that good country food you've talked about in the past because my dad is sick and I won't have free time. You might see me in Lambert's Café catching some hot rolls and eating fried okra though.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »
Next weekend, my wife and I will be visiting my relatives in Springfield, MO. Sorry Miquel, I will not have time to meet to enjoy some of that good country food you've talked about in the past because my dad is sick and I won't have free time. You might see me in Lambert's Café catching some hot rolls and eating fried okra though.

I am very sorry to hear your father is ill.  I understand not having time for socializing.  But if you decide you need a break, PM me and I will get you my cell number, meet somewhere and buy you a cup of coffee or something. 

My best wishes to your father.

MW

Offline BillyB

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »

Thank you

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

Just came back from Springfield, Missouri a few days ago. Besides visiting relatives, we did some tourist activities. Here's a couple of photos of my wife and I on the Showboat Branson Belle which is a riverboat with rear paddlewheels. We had a dinner and Christmas themed show on the boat. The Christmas show wasn't afraid to have a Christian theme and mention God and Jesus. Unlike the Bible Belt of America, back in Seattle, I wouldn't have experienced anything like this outside a church. Another interesting thing about the area I visited is that there are a massive amount of advertising billboards along the roads and during almost every commercial break there seems to have workers compensation and personal injury attorneys advertising their services. I'd hate to be an employer there.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2015, 02:05:09 PM »
Your women is looking good and you are looking...happy.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »
Happy to see the pictures, Billy.  And you two look good together.  But it looks like she lost her wedding ring overboard.  I know that this has been talked about before on the forum and I am not implying anything, but I am wondering what the reason is that she doesn't wear it?

My fiancee's best friend goes out with her friends and doesn't wear her ring and I don't think much of her because she does so.   She is married.  But she is also a hot number and I can imagine that she gets a lot of attention when she's out from men.   My feeling is that if a woman is married she should wear her ring.  After all it is a present that you worked hard to obtain and demonstrates fealty and love.

I may be old fashioned on this topic.  But I guess it looks kinda strange.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
Happy to see the pictures, Billy.  And you two look good together.  But it looks like she lost her wedding ring overboard.  I know that this has been talked about before on the forum and I am not implying anything, but I am wondering what the reason is that she doesn't wear it?

My fiancee's best friend goes out with her friends and doesn't wear her ring and I don't think much of her because she does so.   She is married.  But she is also a hot number and I can imagine that she gets a lot of attention when she's out from men.   My feeling is that if a woman is married she should wear her ring.  After all it is a present that you worked hard to obtain and demonstrates fealty and love.

I may be old fashioned on this topic.  But I guess it looks kinda strange.

Although the officer used his police powers to get personal info, my wife's phone number, he never called her again. She did tell him she's in a relationship. Officers are not perfect so I didn't fault him for pursuing a beautiful woman but if he called my wife twice after being rejected the first time, it's a real problem and I would definitely do what you recommend.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2016, 07:53:51 PM »
but I am wondering what the reason is that she doesn't wear it?

My wife does wear her ring. I've posted photos on this forum, including in this thread, where she's wearing her ring on her wedding finger. Most of the time she doesn't wear a ring. All of the time in this marriage and in my first marriage I've never wore a ring and neither wife complained.

My fiancee's best friend goes out with her friends and doesn't wear her ring and I don't think much of her because she does so.   She is married.  But she is also a hot number and I can imagine that she gets a lot of attention when she's out from men. 

I'm happy my wife gets attention. I don't fee threatened. Husbands should be worried if their wives get zero attention. A ring doesn't stop men who are playboys. Playboys like to target women who don't want a serious relationship with them and usually that group of women are married women. Actually my wife doesn't get as much attention as I would think she should. Most men find her attractive but most would also feel they're not worthy and wouldn't make an effort to talk to her.

My feeling is that if a woman is married she should wear her ring.  After all it is a present that you worked hard to obtain and demonstrates fealty and love.

I don't wear a ring so I'm not going to press the issue my wife wears the ring all the time. What's really important is that she's sleeping in my bed every night.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
Just came back from Springfield, Missouri a few days ago. Besides visiting relatives, we did some tourist activities. Here's a couple of photos of my wife and I on the Showboat Branson Belle which is a riverboat with rear paddlewheels. We had a dinner and Christmas themed show on the boat. The Christmas show wasn't afraid to have a Christian theme and mention God and Jesus. Unlike the Bible Belt of America, back in Seattle, I wouldn't have experienced anything like this outside a church. Another interesting thing about the area I visited is that there are a massive amount of advertising billboards along the roads and during almost every commercial break there seems to have workers compensation and personal injury attorneys advertising their services. I'd hate to be an employer there.

Sometimes I am almost afraid to ask, but how is your father?  I hope he made a good recovery and is now doing well.

MW

Offline BillyB

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2016, 08:30:49 AM »
Sometimes I am almost afraid to ask, but how is your father?  I hope he made a good recovery and is now doing well.

MW

Thanks for asking. He's not perfect but doing much better.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »

Good.  You and your wife make a good looking couple.  She is a beautiful lady.  Best wishes, and if you make it back with time to kill, the biscuits and gravy are still my treat!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »
Good.  You and your wife make a good looking couple.  She is a beautiful lady.  Best wishes, and if you make it back with time to kill, the biscuits and gravy are still my treat!

Thanks and I will return to Missouri someday.

Although my wife eats meat, she still loves animals. I took her to an animal safari and we were able to get close to many and feed them. My wife tried to take a photo of a camel sticking it's head through the window of the bus and he had other ideas and stole the whole bag of food she was holding. Here are a couple photos below of the animals and I don't mean me.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2016, 05:31:41 PM »

I'm glad your dad is doing better.  I'm at the stage where my parents are healthy but realize that I need to take advantage and enjoy what time I have left with them. 

The camel in the second picture is a natural.  Did your wife teach him the FSU camera poses?   :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:34:19 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
The camel in the second picture is a natural.  Did your wife teach him the FSU camera poses?   :P

I think she got lucky with that shot. She took shots with a lot of animals. Some animals didn't cooperate well although we tried to bribe them with food. Here are a couple more photos of me lovely wife from the holidays. For those who do not have one yet, FSU women are the way to go.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 01:49:58 PM »
I'm currently in Ivano Frankivsk after spending a few days in Kiev. In Kiev, I stayed with a family that is friends with my MIL. My wife bought the adults presents but I insisted on buying toys for their kids, a 6 yo daughter, and 4 yo son, which she didn't think of. I remember living in Germany those ages and was exited every time my parents came back from visiting other countries and gave me a toy that I've never seen before. Both kids were happy with their toys and although the parents said the boy is shy, he tried talking to me and the day I was leaving, he gave me a hug and one of his toys. His parents were shocked since he never displayed this behavior with any guests in the past.

I talked to 5 people about the police changes and they all liked the changes but said corruption is still abundant everywhere else. Can't bribe the cops but you can still bribe the judges on up. Police are now driving the Toyota Prius. Their blue lights are always flashing. I suspect Japan gave Toyotas to Ukraine's police force as their financial help. I see more Toyotas and Lexus driven by the public now than in the past so I see why Japan is investing here. I also see more European cars and products here now than ever. No doubt why Europe has a big interest here but they don't have to push their products hard because Ukrainians like what they have to offer.

I haven't spoken to one person that is optimistic about where the country is heading but then again, I reminded myself Ukrainian are naturally pessimistic about their government but even now, their opinions about their government are valid. I felt safe in Kiev and here in Ivano-Frankivsk. If I didn't watch the news, I wouldn't know Ukraine was in the middle of a conflict or civil war as Russia calls it. Sometimes there's more drama here on the forum pertaining to Ukraine than in Ukraine.

I haven't encountered any Fascists yet. Russia says they are manly from Western Ukraine. There are many international students in the universities in Ivano Frankivsk. Seen 3 blacks but they freely walk the streets. Another was driving a Mercedes.

Offline ML

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
Billy, thanks for the update.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2016, 12:04:11 AM »
On my flight to Ivano-Frankivsk from Kiev I sat near a German man and his wife. He asked me the ages of me and my wife and I told him 46 and 23. He lifted his hand and wanted a high five. He then told me he was 44 and his wife 21. I didn't think big age gaps are reason to celebrate. What matters is the quality of the person you marry. His wife seemed very into him. A good portion of the trip, his wife put her head on his shoulder. When the plane landed, I didn't hear the usual clapping from the passengers. Usually FSU passengers clap after landing but the German man and his wife started to clap loud so I joined in and said, "Why not? We can keep this tradition going."

On the bus ride to baggage claim, I was standing next to a guy who sounded like he was from another Eastern European nation. He was talking a young lady from Bulgaria who is living in NY I overheard the conversation and she said she had a boyfriend in Poland but near the end of the bus ride he went for something easy such as her email and she gave it to him. Later at baggage claim they stood near me and he was flirting with her some more. He went for her phone number and she gave it to him. These things happen so you single guys out there need to pick the good girls and keep the bond strong.

Offline ML

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2016, 09:32:41 AM »
Billy is your wife already in Ivano?

If yes, I guess she is not at University this semester.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »
Billy is your wife already in Ivano?

If yes, I guess she is not at University this semester.

My wife is studying this semester. She stayed home. My wife and her mom wanted me to come here for rest and relaxation and to get a bunch of medical tests done on me. They don't trust American doctors to get it right. At least my MIL doesn't and my wife trusts what she says. I've got back pain but it's just part of getting old my doctor in America tells me. I've been getting massages everyday. No...not from MIL but a professional and next week I'll be going to some sort of relaxation resort to get pampered. MIL will also be flying back with me to America.

Offline ML

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:35 PM »
Wow, interesting turn of events Billy.

Two women looking out for you.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »
Wow, interesting turn of events Billy.

Two women looking out for you.

There could be more women looking out for me but I had to make some cutbacks. :P

Offline BillyB

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 01:04:08 PM »

Budweiser sells their beer as "Bud" in Ukraine. Apparently some other company has the rights to the name "Budweiser".

I'm also staying in an apartment separate from my MIL's apartment. Her water has been turned off for 3 weeks. A pipe busted above her apartment and caused water damage to all apartments below. The apartment manager's solution was to turn off the water instead of fixing the pipes. Getting the government involved hasn't accomplished anything so far. Shit happens a lot in the FSU.

My MIL is also in the process of getting paperwork done so she can sell her apartment. Unfortunately the building owner has a say who can sell or not so she has connections on getting the documents fixed so that she will be able to sell without the apartment owner's permission. I asked her if she had no connections or money, would she be able to get the sole right to sell and she said "no". Shit happens a lot in the FSU.

Getting the documents finalized hasn't been easy. She had to bounce around from government building to government building and the people in there don't know what to do. MIL was angry and yelling at government workers a lot. Shit happens a lot in the FSU.

My neighbor happens to be a student from Nigeria. He speaks decent English. My apartment is on the 10th floor. Not many buildings higher than 10 floors in Ivano Frankivsk so I got a great view and for the last two days, the elevator hasn't been working. Shit happens a lot in the FSU.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 02:00:31 PM »
My wife and her mom wanted me to come here for rest and relaxation and to get a bunch of medical tests done on me. They don't trust American doctors to get it right.

LOL, seems a common thing for those us us married to FSUW.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2259
Total: 2270

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM