It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Which City should I go to?  (Read 35171 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Which City should I go to?
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »
I think this highlights my problem ML, in that the girl is not a good girl, not that she's really bad but she is the way she is and you can't really change someone. I think she doesn't go out with the idea to scam someone (or me, well I hope not) but she has her own ideas about shopping and doesn't care whether it crosses the line/looks bad on her at the detriment of what is thought of her. This is why I think she will struggle to find someone else, local or internationally unless it is a real rich dude who doesn't mind paying for all her shopping wishes and does not worry if she is just with him for this purpose more than she is with because she wants to be with him. I mean she is rather pretty and a decent figure so I think otherwise she would be with someone locally but the local guys are put of by the relatively high maintenance costs attached. So no I don't think she is really bad just a moderately bad girl whereas a good girl for most men including myself would obviously be the ideal. That's the way I see it.

There is a word for your attitude, chistoplujstvo.  It translates literally to "clean spit(ting). It means someone prone to judgment from his high tower, having never lived the hardships the person he is judging has faced.

Most FSUW are "marketing" themselves to WM based on their body and looks.  And then, when they behave as do women who are marketing themselves on these criteria, you are shocked and surprised.

I assume you never complained to the girl when  you were f##cking her brains out in Cyprus, or Kyiv, for that matter.  You never told her "NO!  I don't want to spend $400 on clothing for you.".  It's all her fault.  She proposes a vacation, and you jump.  You buy her ticket, you pay for a hotel, you pay for a car, you even put money in her bank account to ensure she can get a visa.  And then, somehow, because she assumes you have money and she has the attitudes of her culture, she is a "bad" girl. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »
 :thumbsup:
There is a word for your attitude, chistoplujstvo.  It translates literally to "clean spit(ting). It means someone prone to judgment from his high tower, having never lived the hardships the person he is judging has faced.

Most FSUW are "marketing" themselves to WM based on their body and looks.  And then, when they behave as do women who are marketing themselves on these criteria, you are shocked and surprised.

I assume you never complained to the girl when  you were f##cking her brains out in Cyprus, or Kyiv, for that matter.  You never told her "NO!  I don't want to spend $400 on clothing for you.".  It's all her fault.  She proposes a vacation, and you jump.  You buy her ticket, you pay for a hotel, you pay for a car, you even put money in her bank account to ensure she can get a visa.  And then, somehow, because she assumes you have money and she has the attitudes of her culture, she is a "bad" girl.

I asked about exactly how much he did spend -- etc etc

I don't think he is a  "f##cking her brains out" out sort of guy -- and I mean not capable ! ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:28:02 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
If you aren't having fun, then you are doing it right
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
This shouldn't be work, it should be the have fun stage together just discovering if you
actually have feelings beyond infatuation.
 It would be easy and relaxed with the right person for you, (and you, her) who after two visits adores you.

+1

This should be the most fun and exciting time of your life. The hard part should
be missing each other. If this isn't happening to you then you aren't pursuing
the right girl. If you aren't pursuing the right girl then you need to start over
and start searching for the right girl.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:06:41 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2017, 12:26:26 PM »

- attitudes of her culture being the hotter a girl can make herself look the more validity there is to ask to buy her clothes shopping? or perhaps theoretically a lot of random women in general. I know some members here have come forth and stated they met girls where they asked for nothing or close as and some also advise a guy to walk if they even so much as start on this track - which I think I will do in future.

I think you underestimate that there are hardships in the west too Boethius not necessarily the same as Ukraine but I indeed hardly had a cushioned upbringing. There were realities to deal with when growing up and that often focused on Parents telling 'no you can't have this or that as I have no money' - standing around in front of a cashier all day with credit card out was not an option for them. I just think a lot of FSW seem out of touch with how reality really is in the west- I mean I have to go out and earn that money, it can at times be stressful and hard work doing so. To see it frittered away pointlessly in overpriced t-shirts and dresses, etc when said person already has decent clothes just seems like a punishment to me.

Yes, I can see now that you are right on one aspect that I unwittingly put across an image that I 'have money' this was a mistake that I don't intend to retread. This started with my profile photo I believe that at the time I took as I thought it looked nice but now I realize that it might give the impression I am loaded. My work I will have to explain better and dumb it down a bit so the girl does not get the wrong impression. Also, like you say going for nice hotels, hire car, holidays is a big mistake as girl thinks money is unlimited which of course it is not. From now on I will ensure I go for the standard level on everything and focus more on the dating and getting to know the girl particularly her background and where she lives.

I think this was also a problem with girl as only once or twice did I really get to crack the ice on her sharing her life, meaning her inner life - how things really are beyond the everyday topics of conversation. I too could have shared more of my everyday way of living and I think getting down to doing this with a girl is the utmost priority so I'm really part of her life rather than a bf on the outside of her real life.

So yes there was a number of mistakes I unwittingly made along the way through not understanding her background well enough, culture and way to go about dating an FSW that would set me up better for success. All I can think of is that this experience should help me to get it right next time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:31:19 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
- attitudes of her culture being the hotter a girl can make herself look the more validity there is to ask to buy her clothes shopping? or perhaps theoretically a lot of random women in general. I know some members here have come forth and stated they met girls where they asked for nothing or close as and some also advise a guy to walk if they even so much as start on this track - which I think I will do in future.

No.  The fact you can't understand what I'm talking about proves my point.
I think you underestimate that there are hardships in the west too Boethius not necessarily the same as Ukraine but I indeed hardly had a cushioned upbringing. There were realities to deal with when growing up and that often focused on Parents telling 'no you can't have this or that as I have no money' - standing around in front of a cashier all day with credit card out was not an option for them. I just think a lot of FSW seem out of touch with how reality really is in the west- I mean I have to go out and earn that money, it can at times be stressful and hard work doing so. To see it frittered away pointlessly in overpriced t-shirts and dresses, etc when said person already has decent clothes just seems like a punishment to me.

Hardships in Ukraine - no jobs, no government support for the unemployed, no future, no hope, endemic corruption, a government made up of thieves who care not a whit for the populace, war.

Hardships in the West - I had to work to get what I have.

Yes, I can see now that you are right on one aspect that I unwittingly put across an image that I 'have money' this was a mistake that I don't intend to retread. This started with my profile photo I believe that at the time I took as I thought it looked nice but now I realize that it might give the impression I am loaded. My work I will have to explain better and dumb it down a bit so the girl does not get the wrong impression. Also, like you say going for nice hotels, hire car, holidays is a big mistake as girl thinks money is unlimited which of course it is not. From now on I will ensure I go for the standard level on everything and focus more on the dating and getting to know the girl particularly her background and where she lives.

I'm right on all aspects.  You just don't understand this.

I think this was also a problem with girl as only once or twice did I really get to crack the ice on her sharing her life, meaning her inner life - how things really are beyond the everyday topics of conversation. I too could have shared more of my everyday way of living and I think getting down to doing this with a girl is the utmost priority so I'm really part of her life rather than a bf on the outside of her real life.

This again proves what I am saying.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline flitabout62

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
I think many people trying this foreign relationship stuff out are completely clueless.  I was clueless, though I tried to learn.  My wife was clueless, though she used the news and movies to fill in the gap in her knowledge.   :o

The term 'Superpower country' seemed to create a certain image in her mind.  Imagine her shock when she realized our roads have potholes!  That the average salary of the majority of the country can not afford nice vacations overseas and nice large homes.  and... entry level jobs for those without education pay tiny wages.    :-\

This is not an easy thing to do.  IMO anyone who attempts finding a FSW should give up trying to be an expert or trying to control or understand how your woman thinks.  Just accept she thinks as she does.  Also, stop with the endless probing questions to your woman.  Your future wife will thank you for this. 

BTW - My wife says, the man gave his paycheck to the woman to control how money is spent.  Not sure why this is or how common it is, but I have my opinions on this.  I have personally witnessed this as my wife pointed it out several times with younger couples in Moscow. 

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:04:41 PM by flitabout62 »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »
My wife says, the man gave his paycheck to the woman to control how money is spent.  Not sure why this is or how common it is

In Ukraine, the woman always controlled the family's money.  Keep in mind, this was before banks.  My husband lived in then Leningrad for almost six years, and said that women controlled the family finances in the families he knew there, as well, but Russia is more multicultural than is Ukraine, so it may vary across the country.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:33:54 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »
BTW - My wife says, the man gave his paycheck to the woman to control how money is spent.  Not sure why this is or how common it is, but I have my opinions on this.  I have personally witnessed this as my wife pointed it out several times with younger couples in Moscow. 

My wife of over 5 years never asked me for control over money. When she wants something big, she asks. I think money should be controlled by the wiser more responsible spouse. A fool and money will part. In the FSU, with a high percentage of men womanizing and drinking, it's understandable that wives have control over money.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

In Ukraine, the woman always controlled the family's money.  Keep in mind, this was before banks.  My husband lived in then Leningrad for almost six years, and said that women controlled the family finances in the families he knew there, as well, but Russia is more multicultural than is Ukraine, so it may vary across the country.

My Father did this also in the UK but was no alcoholic but then he gre up in the fifties and times were different then. In the UK back in the 80s & 90s with PM's Thatcher & Major (Conservatives) times were hard like you describe in Ukraine - no work, mass unemployment, high interest rates, house repossessions, and a government that were full of crooks. If you we;re to watch the film 'The Full Monty' the deprivation depicted in that of the UK at the time is pretty accurate. If there was work to be had it was at rock bottom wages and usually hard going at that. As Flit correctly highlights, the majority of people in US & UK are not real wealthy, even in UK there are plenty of people that live week by week trying to make the two ends meet with just a few quid left in their pocket at the end of the day. There are pot holes here too, in fact seems to have increased a fair bit over the past few years ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Which City should I go to?
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
I think you underestimate that there are hardships in the west too Boethius not necessarily the same as Ukraine but I indeed hardly had a cushioned upbringing.

Imagine that you had a 17 year old daughter who was pretty good at ballet.
At a show one of the local party officials took a shine to her and told you to
send her to his house so he and his buddies could have sex with her for
several days. You said no way dewd so you were shipped 3000 miles
away to  be worked and starved to death.

Your wife loses her job and apartment and goes out to beg for food but one
night she falls asleep and freezes to death, while your daughter is raped
repeatedly by the party officials then dumped in the forest and dies.

Are you trying to compare your rough up bringing with somebody who lived
in the above circumstances? Because if your upbringing are similar to the
above story, then you have a good argument.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:47:15 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2017, 04:02:12 PM »
I think many people trying this foreign relationship stuff out are completely clueless.  I was clueless, though I tried to learn.  My wife was clueless, though she used the news and movies to fill in the gap in her knowledge.   :o

The term 'Superpower country' seemed to create a certain image in her mind.  Imagine her shock when she realized our roads have potholes!  That the average salary of the majority of the country can not afford nice vacations overseas and nice large homes.  and... entry level jobs for those without education pay tiny wages.    :-\

This is not an easy thing to do.  IMO anyone who attempts finding a FSW should give up trying to be an expert or trying to control or understand how your woman thinks.  Just accept she thinks as she does.  Also, stop with the endless probing questions to your woman.  Your future wife will thank you for this. 

Good luck!

Your right Flit, I thin part of the problem is the starting out advice given on here is just so basic that it gives the impression all there is to it is avoid PPL sites, basic Scammer prevention advise and a few other nuggets and off you go. Sure, an odd few may strike it lucky but it really gives the Newbie a rather superficial view of whats needed and how things are in this game. Its pretty inadequate in setting a Newbie up with the sort of stuff he'll be dealing with or the scope of this venture. Whether that can be truly imparted over a forum or needs actual experience over there may vary, but I think there should be some highlighting of the point to Newbies in the original advice that theirs a lot of learning to be done here.

Like you say, it goes both ways and it seems a lot of FSW are as clueless about the west as we are of them. The girl I was with was totally bemused when I told her that WW often go dutch 50/50 when it comes to expenses - she had no clue that to many in the west to lump all the costs on the guy, to just have him working is for the majority of people now an impracticality. Try as I might to explain to her that (while I would not expect 50/50) some moderate input from her would be required if she wanted to clothes shop a lot. Now this was no doubt an alien world to her as Boethius has constatly been pressing on me - and to me yes while I accept Men are supposed to pay for most stuff in FSU for the woman to me her expectation that I should pay such a lot more than an FSM I could not understand - like she literally thought I had a limitless cash supply, lol.

So yes, I have finally gotten around to how you are thinking, that its not worth trying to figure the woman out as they seem to be so fixed in their view that it is pointless. Its just a case of accept it or find another one that fits better, i.e that has a problem that is not a complete obstruction to the cause.     

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
Imagine that you had a 17 year old daughter who was pretty good at ballet.
At a show one of the local party officials took a shine to her and told you to
send her to his house so he and his buddies could have sex with her for
several days. You said no way dewd so you were shipped 3000 miles
away to  be worked and starved to death.

Your wife loses her job and apartment and goes out to beg for food but one
night she falls asleep and freezes to death, while your daughter is raped
repeatedly by the party officials then dumped in the forest and dies.

Are you trying to compare your rough up bringing with somebody who lived
in the above circumstances? Because if your upbringing are similar to the
above story, then you have a good argument.

If that was the case Bill or even marginally close I would have thought the girl I was with would be more open to any suggestion I had to move our relationship forward not be constantly obstructive by keeping to the same mantra.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Their brains are wired differently
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
If that was the case Bill or even marginally close I would have thought the girl I was with
would be more open to any suggestion I had to move our relationship forward not be
constantly obstructive by keeping to the same mantra.

You are thinking that women think like you or I do, they don't.
I have no idea why you are trying to figure this out when it's not
going to work out. There are some who see themselves as a white
knight in shining armor who comes to save the damsel in distress and
solve all her problems.

I have a wonderful wife, I love her like crazy. She can't be somewhere
on time and she can't make sure her cell phone works even when it's
absolutely vital. I can't fix that, she won't let me and she doesn't want
me to help her fix it. Her brain is wired differently than mine.

My wife can be standing in the living room naked when we have to
be someplace that takes an hour to drive to and it can be 10 minutes
before our appointment starts and she still hasn't put it together yet that
we will be late.

I have a clock in my head that knows how long it takes me to get
somewhere and it starts a countdown and when it gets to zero I
start driving or I know I will be late. There are sirens blaring in
my head the second the timer hits zero.

I am married to Angel Eyes and I'm crazy about her, but I don't try
to fix her. I knew that this was something that I had to live with
before I married her.

The girl you refuse to dump isn't going to work out. Yet you are spending
time on trying to fix something that isn't going to solve the problem
and it's still not going to work out.

The longer you wait to move on the more difficult it will be and the
longer it will be before you meet the future Mrs Trench and start
the fun and excitement.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:25:55 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2017, 06:45:19 PM »
My wife says, the man gave his paycheck to the woman to control how money is spent. 

Silliest thing I ever heard of.
My wife works and gives me her paycheck.
I give her 50 cents a day when she goes to work so she can buy a snack or something . . . if she saves this 50 cents for several days.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
My Father did this also in the UK but was no alcoholic but then he gre up in the fifties and times were different then. In the UK back in the 80s & 90s with PM's Thatcher & Major (Conservatives) times were hard like you describe in Ukraine - no work, mass unemployment, high interest rates, house repossessions, and a government that were full of crooks. If you we;re to watch the film 'The Full Monty' the deprivation depicted in that of the UK at the time is pretty accurate. If there was work to be had it was at rock bottom wages and usually hard going at that. As Flit correctly highlights, the majority of people in US & UK are not real wealthy, even in UK there are plenty of people that live week by week trying to make the two ends meet with just a few quid left in their pocket at the end of the day. There are pot holes here too, in fact seems to have increased a fair bit over the past few years ;)

This is the traditional way in Ukraine, which predates alcoholism.  My Grandmother controlled the money in my mother's family.  My Grandfather did not drink.  Alcoholism was relatively rare in Ukraine until the mid 1970's.

It doesn't matter if the majority of people in the US or UK are wealthy.  It's about perception, often by women who have never travelled much beyond their town, who are not well read, and know little of the world beyond their town.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:54:05 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »

If that was the case Bill or even marginally close I would have thought the girl I was with would be more open to any suggestion I had to move our relationship forward not be constantly obstructive by keeping to the same mantra.

Your right Flit, I thin part of the problem is the starting out advice given on here is just so basic that it gives the impression all there is to it is avoid PPL sites, basic Scammer prevention advise and a few other nuggets and off you go. Sure, an odd few may strike it lucky but it really gives the Newbie a rather superficial view of whats needed and how things are in this game. Its pretty inadequate in setting a Newbie up with the sort of stuff he'll be dealing with or the scope of this venture. Whether that can be truly imparted over a forum or needs actual experience over there may vary, but I think there should be some highlighting of the point to Newbies in the original advice that theirs a lot of learning to be done here.

Like you say, it goes both ways and it seems a lot of FSW are as clueless about the west as we are of them. The girl I was with was totally bemused when I told her that WW often go dutch 50/50 when it comes to expenses - she had no clue that to many in the west to lump all the costs on the guy, to just have him working is for the majority of people now an impracticality. Try as I might to explain to her that (while I would not expect 50/50) some moderate input from her would be required if she wanted to clothes shop a lot. Now this was no doubt an alien world to her as Boethius has constatly been pressing on me - and to me yes while I accept Men are supposed to pay for most stuff in FSU for the woman to me her expectation that I should pay such a lot more than an FSM I could not understand - like she literally thought I had a limitless cash supply, lol.

So yes, I have finally gotten around to how you are thinking, that its not worth trying to figure the woman out as they seem to be so fixed in their view that it is pointless. Its just a case of accept it or find another one that fits better, i.e that has a problem that is not a complete obstruction to the cause.   

It doesn't go both ways.  You are seeking an FSUW because you don't want a feminist WW.  That means you get to support her, and you get to pay when you go out.

As for this girl wanting the UK or nothing, look at it from her perspective.  Russian newspapers are full of stories of FSUW who went to live with a man in a third country.  She arrives, things are great for three  months, or six.  Then, she is told there is no money.  She has to go out and sell herself.  Or, he is tired of her and throws her out.  She is in a third country, can't speak the language, and has no money and no means of getting home.  This is not an unusual story.  It's not as bad as in the '90's, when girls often disappeared off the face of the earth, but it is still so common that it's reported in the papers.  The Russian government is now helping women in this predicament, as is the Belarussian government, because these women often end up at their embassies or consulates, looking for a way back home.  No word on Ukraine, at least, not that I've read.  For every decent man an FSUW is going to meet, she is going to run into 2 creeps.  So, it's not stubborness on her part.  It's self protection.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:58:29 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »
Alcoholism was relatively rare in Ukraine until the mid 1970's.

I found that hard to believe. It was a pretty wide held belief way back when that Communist workers didn't care to work very hard and drank a lot.

Chart in link below shows Ukrainian drink was dropping in the 80's and 90's after coming out of the 70's. Went back up and now Ukraine is between the top 5 to 10 for drinking in the world. One reason drinking dropped heavily in the mid 80's was people were paying 40% of the of all the taxes they pay towards alcohol purchases. 

http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/profiles/ukr.pdf

Link below says between 1940 and 1980 the USSR experienced the highest increase rate of alcohol consumption with a 600% increase while the population only increased by 25%. By 1980, the average Soviet family was spending 25-50% of it's monthly food budget on alcohol. I don't believe alcoholism in Ukraine was rare in the 70's.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/002087289203500406?journalCode=iswb
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
  For every decent man an FSUW is going to meet, she is going to run into 2 creeps.  So, it's not stubborness on her part.  It's self protection.

That is a very conservative estimate. Online --the % of decent guys is a very low % . In real life -- the general scorn of western men is increased by the % of creeps who do go there in real life .
I have seen for myself,heard many stories ( & still do) on abnormal behaviour, add in some strange ideas and unrealistic expectations that equals the abnormal  and it gives you some idea of the difficulties a girl can face.

The forum sees a procession of guys displaying all sorts of paranoia  -- but little is said about what is abnormal behaviour by "western" guys.
I commented in the past that this type of search is like looking for a needle in a haystack -- but first you have to find the haystack ! It is the same problem for   fsuw.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »
The forum sees a procession of guys displaying all sorts of paranoia

A lot of those guys are on their best behavior!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
That is a very conservative estimate. Online --the % of decent guys is a very low % . In real life -- the general scorn of western men is increased by the % of creeps who do go there in real life .
I have seen for myself,heard many stories ( & still do) on abnormal behaviour, add in some strange ideas and unrealistic expectations that equals the abnormal  and it gives you some idea of the difficulties a girl can face.

The forum sees a procession of guys displaying all sorts of paranoia  -- but little is said about what is abnormal behaviour by "western" guys.
I commented in the past that this type of search is like looking for a needle in a haystack -- but first you have to find the haystack ! It is the same problem for   fsuw.

Yes, it could be a very conservative estimate.  We just can't know.  Plus, I excluded keyboard romeos.

As for alcoholism, it started in Russia in the 1960's.  But in Ukraine, to know an alcoholic in the late 1960's, or a family where a man drank was exceedingly rare.  My husband tells me there was one family within a 2 km radius of his central Kyiv apartment in the late 1960's.  He remembers it was a scandal among all the neighbours, who spoke about it.  He first saw rampant alcoholism in Leningrad, where men were lined up before the stores even opened, cursing the store workers, and they drank brands no one in Ukraine would touch.  These scenes did not exist in Ukraine, at all, at the time.  He remembers very well when alcohol consumption was glamorized, and when it began in Ukraine, which was the mid 1970's.

Offline southernX

Re: Their brains are wired differently
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2017, 11:23:51 PM »

I have a wonderful wife, I love her like crazy. She can't be somewhere
on time and she can't make sure her cell phone works even when it's
absolutely vital. I can't fix that, she won't let me and she doesn't want
me to help her fix it. Her brain is wired differently than mine.

My wife can be standing in the living room naked when we have to
be someplace that takes an hour to drive to and it can be 10 minutes
before our appointment starts and she still hasn't put it together yet that
we will be late.

I have a clock in my head that knows how long it takes me to get
somewhere and it starts a countdown and when it gets to zero I
start driving or I know I will be late. There are sirens blaring in
my head the second the timer hits zero.

I am married to Angel Eyes and I'm crazy about her, but I don't try
to fix her. I knew that this was something that I had to live with
before I married her.

Bill your wife must be related to mine by that description above here  lol

totally correct about the stop trying to ''FIX '' her mantra

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »

My wife walks around the house naked too. Why would you guys want to fix that? As far as being late, she's not bad but she's not perfect. I told her it's best to be on time wherever she goes. Don't make a habit of always being late in life.

Offline ML

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »
My wife walks around the house naked too.

That is illegal in 17 states and immoral in 11 states.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »

Trench describes the times when I bought my first house - despite high interest rates and was probably the most well-off ..

I was no 'crook' - Major asked us to be prudent and save for the future - I opened my first private pension ... the VERY first act of the Labour govt that replaced the complacent Tories -? ... TAX our savings / pensions - THAT really WAS robbery

Isn't it 'funny' how trench just keeps on proving he lives in a parallel uninverse ? 

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:35:40 PM by msmob »

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
That is illegal in 17 states and immoral in 11 states.

And absolutely applauded in the other 32!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM