It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Totally unexpected  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Pkeel1

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Totally unexpected
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:57:14 PM »
I began talking online with a woman on Feb 21.

We finally got to Skype yesterday.

I was talking to her today on Skype and she asked me why I decided to look for a Ukrainian woman.  I told her the truth, I dated a Russian lady here and liked her.  I looked up about Dating customs in Russia and of course if you type Russian and Dating into Google you will find many dating sites.

I then told her about an American woman I went on a date with.  She was very pretty, but I found out after our first date that she has 5 children with 4 different men and 5 or 6 marriages. 

She told me that she is American, so I jokingly asked if she meant she had been married 5 times.  She answered no, she has a green card because she won the green card lottery.  She found out she was approved late in February.

I did not expect that answer.

Offline DaveNY

• Trips: > 10
Re: Totally unexpected
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »
I began talking online with a woman on Feb 21.

We finally got to Skype yesterday.

I was talking to her today on Skype and she asked me why I decided to look for a Ukrainian woman.  I told her the truth, I dated a Russian lady here and liked her.  I looked up about Dating customs in Russia and of course if you type Russian and Dating into Google you will find many dating sites.

I then told her about an American woman I went on a date with.  She was very pretty, but I found out after our first date that she has 5 children with 4 different men and 5 or 6 marriages. 

She told me that she is American, so I jokingly asked if she meant she had been married 5 times.  She answered no, she has a green card because she won the green card lottery.  She found out she was approved late in February.

I did not expect that answer.

Winning the green card lottery does not make her an American. She still has to go through the naturalization process which will take years, a number of interviews, endless paperwork and money.

Divorce in Ukraine and Russia is common so it wouldn't be uncommon to meet a FSUW who had been divorced once or twice. Abortion is also common in the FSU.

Good luck on your search.

Offline Pkeel1

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »
So...

Speaking with this woman two weeks ago.  She informed me her vacation began in one week.

She has been here now for one week and we get along quite well.  Another 1.5 weeks before she needs to head back home.

This was a very spontaneous and quick decision for both of us.  Her first trip to the US.  Some things she seems to like and others make her seriously wonder if I am sane.  Like drinking water from the tap, the look on her face when I did the first time was priceless.  Also, very surprised not to have all kinds of fences between our houses.

We went for a walk and she was surprised at how many people will smile and say hello.

She is very kind and very sweet.  I am enjoying her company.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:56:37 AM »
Nice that the visit is going well. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Totally unexpected
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:01:27 PM »
She answered no, she has a green card because she won the green card lottery. 
She found out she was approved late in February.

I know of two women who've won the green card lottery. It's rare but it
happens. A green card allows somebody to live and work here but it's
several steps away from citizenship.

Now she has to find a place to live, work, airline tickets and a host of other
things. If you are interested in this girl, I would advise you to get on a plane
and go meet her.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:07:46 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 12:30:33 PM »
I know of two women who've won the green card lottery. It's rare but it
happens. A green card allows somebody to live and work here but it's
several steps away from citizenship.

Now she has to find a place to live, work, airline tickets and a host of other
things. If you are interested in this girl, I would advise you to get on a plane
and go meet her.

Udachi!

Bill

My wife is the recipient of the Green Card Lottery. She spent 8 straight years applying. I met her here in the states!!!!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
My wife also won the lottery.
She found me.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »
My wife also won the lottery.
She found me.

Yes,but all she won was the the Boob prize..... :P
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

She has been here now for one week and we get along quite well.  Another 1.5 weeks before she needs to head back home.

She is very kind and very sweet.  I am enjoying her company.

I think just being friends with what seems like a nice and sincere Ukrainian lady is good to have. It doesn't always have to be a mad love/wife hunt. There are also a fair few insincere Ukrainian women so to land a nice one as it seems where you can relaxed and enjoy the moment is good place to be. That said whether there is any natural chemistry or her just being anice person to be around is no doubt a question to ask?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
Got to also say that the UK being banned from taking part in the Green Card Lottery I've always felt as pretty unjust along with pretty impossible immigration criteria seeing that we both fought alongside each other through two world wars and the cold war, I am still rather hoping President Trump would reverse that.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 07:37:47 PM »
Speaking with this woman two weeks ago.  She informed me her vacation began in one week.

This was a very spontaneous and quick decision for both of us.  Her first trip to the US. 

Quite amazing.  As I  understand it, this  woman was able to skip all the standard procedures of applying for a visa to USA and the substantial waiting time for processing, interview delays, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »
If she won the green card lottery (diversity visa?), she would have applied for the visa 8+ years ago and was waiting all this time.  She would have gone through ar least one interview and background checks.  The luck is with Pkeel1, finding a Ukrainian lady who was weeks away from immigrating to the US.

I am curious about why only a 2.5 week visit.  Is this a scouting trio before ahe moves?  In order to keep the green card she needs to maintain a permanent residency in the US, yes?

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »
Pkeel1

I know nothing about the GC lottery andd it's rules.

I DO know that you have come across and a kind guy and the sort that MIGHT be taken advantage of.

You deserve to find someone and ai wish that the lady will be all you hope for.

Keep us informed and good luck.

Offline Pkeel1

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 04:18:58 AM »
Bill - She is here in the US at my place right now.

ML - She was awarded the Green Card about a week after we started conversing.  Yes, she went through the interview process.  One thing she said was there were a lot of women at the embassy for a fiance visa interview and those women were very nervous.  She also said those interviews seemed a lot more intrusive than hers.  I am not at all sure of the process, but she has a green card and she did not need anything further to come to the US.  She has a son and he will likely finish his school year and then they will begin the real plans for coming to the US.  She also needed to file some type of permit online.  She used her bankcard to pay for her and her son.  I think that is the end of the process and she will receive her green card in the mail.

Steve - From my understanding she began the process in 2017 and it wasn't until last October she found out she had been selected.  Then there were further things to do.  Yes, a little bit of a scouting process. 

This is a 2.5 week visit after a 3 or so week acquaintance, far too soon to be making any determinations.  She is a good lady, I have offered to buy her a few items, but she usually demurs.  She has cooked a few meals, done some household cleaning and even though she was afraid of dogs before her arrival, she now looks forward to mine coming in for breakfast and dinner.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 06:19:50 AM »
Yes the concept of a hedge dividing property instead of metal sheets surprises Ukrainians

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 07:45:56 AM »

ML - She was awarded the Green Card about a week after we started conversing.  Yes, she went through the interview process.  One thing she said was there were a lot of women at the embassy for a fiance visa interview and those women were very nervous.  She also said those interviews seemed a lot more intrusive than hers.  I am not at all sure of the process, but she has a green card and she did not need anything further to come to the US.  She has a son and he will likely finish his school year and then they will begin the real plans for coming to the US.  She also needed to file some type of permit online.  She used her bankcard to pay for her and her son.  I think that is the end of the process and she will receive her green card in the mail.

Thanks for the info.  Sorry, I had forgotten that this was the gal who won the Green Card lottery.
What I wrote was thinking she had just quickly applied for and gotten a Vistors Visa.
I get confused with the different stories posted here by various guys regarding various gals.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 08:08:04 AM »
Yes the concept of a hedge dividing property instead of metal sheets surprises Ukrainians

That's untrue.  It depends very much on the region, and the neighbours.  I have seen villages where there are no fences, or hedges, others where there are fences, and yet others, where there are hedges.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:20:32 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:30 PM »
Well now, this IS very pertinent to our discussion:

http://www.returnofkings.com/71115/35-pretty-girls-who-became-fat-and-ugly

From Boe's favourite authors, Roosh no less. Personally I concur with Roosh, number 12 is the most upsetting, a compete transformation to a he-she, truely awful viewing :(

WOW, I wonder how he was able to collect all those before and after pics.

Offline Pkeel1

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 03:13:51 AM »
She returns on Friday...

I think I have this ladies number now, though.

She is your typical Ukrainian lady on a sex trip.  We all know the type.  Go through the effort to get to the USA to try to have as much sex as possible with an unsuspecting American man.  Cook him dinners, clean his house, and pretend to be interested in a long-term relationship.  All just to use his body for her enjoyment.  It gets so tiresome and makes this process so much more difficult.

So far I have been successful at holding off her advances.  But it is getting more difficult to come up with excuses.  She is starting to suspect I have a brain tumor I complain so often of a headache.

The above was stated with complete and total facetiousness.

So far all has been very pleasant and I am pleased to have had this lady here. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 04:26:42 AM »
 ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Totally unexpected
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »
Bill - She is here in the US at my place right now.

Then you are a mile ahead of the curve.

I met a girl who had a tourist visa in Portland Oregon, it was a twenty four
hour drive, but I met her. It didn't work out but it wasn't because I let some
other joker get to her first, I wanted to be that joker.

You can read about it on page 25 post 604
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.600

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:47:25 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 01:49:04 PM »
She returns on Friday...

I think I have this ladies number now, though.

She is your typical Ukrainian lady on a sex trip.  We all know the type.  Go through the effort to get to the USA to try to have as much sex as possible with an unsuspecting American man.  Cook him dinners, clean his house, and pretend to be interested in a long-term relationship.  All just to use his body for her enjoyment.  It gets so tiresome and makes this process so much more difficult.

So far I have been successful at holding off her advances.  But it is getting more difficult to come up with excuses.  She is starting to suspect I have a brain tumor I complain so often of a headache.

The above was stated with complete and total facetiousness.

So far all has been very pleasant and I am pleased to have had this lady here.

Hahaha! I was reading your post and wondering about how you've managed to
hold her off.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 10:05:17 AM »

wondering about how you've managed to hold her off.

A very effective way is to enclose your Johnson in a bag of ice, and then show it (your Johnson, not the bag of ice) to her when necessary.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Totally unexpected
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 10:36:19 AM »
A very effective way is to enclose your Johnson in a bag of ice, and then show it (your Johnson, not the bag of ice) to her when necessary.

I just tell them that I think their sister is hotter than they are
it's sorta like putting the ice on their Johnson area.
FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1871
Total: 1882

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM