Forum > Immigration and Visas

Delta Airlines Travel Visa Information Page

(1/4) > >>

Admin:
This page does not address immigration visas - only travel visas - but it is kep up-to-date and provides valuable information insofar as travel for RW to other countries.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

- Dan

wendaaaal:
Excellent link, Dan. Very useful if you're traveling to a third country with your RW/UW. When you fill out the form on the site, be sure to include all the countries you will be "transiting" (even if just changing planes). It can be a bit tricky, as some countries (such as USA) won't let a RU/UA passport holder even change planes without a visa. This could have major implications on the routing of her ticket, or what air carriers you can use. I work for a major airline, and the database  on this site (called "Timatic") is the one all the major carriers use. Airlines want to avoid being fined by foreign governments for boarding a passenger with the wrong documents, so they use this system for the most up-to-date accurate info.

PeeWee:

--- Quote from: wendaaaal on April 16, 2006, 07:35:45 AM ---Excellent link, Dan. Very useful if you're traveling to a third country with your RW/UW. When you fill out the form on the site, be sure to include all the countries you will be "transiting" (even if just changing planes). It can be a bit tricky, as some countries (such as USA) won't let a RU/UA passport holder even change planes without a visa. This could have major implications on the routing of her ticket, or what air carriers you can use. I work for a major airline, and the database  on this site (called "Timatic") is the one all the major carriers use. Airlines want to avoid being fined by foreign governments for boarding a passenger with the wrong documents, so they use this system for the most up-to-date accurate info.

--- End quote ---

It appears that Delta and Northwest, my former employer, us the same Timatic service. Odd that two years ago I flew a Russian citizen from Vlad-k to Hong Kong on a tourist visa. Now I plan to fly another RW from central Russia to meet me in Hong Kong but her travel agent told her that she would need to be a participant in a tour to get the tourist visa. I don't think the regs have changed but rather suspect that the agent is looking for a few extra ruples by trying to sell her a tour. I asked her to visit another travel agency to see if the story was the same. According the the NW visa site the Russian citizen is allowed to travel to Hong Kong on a tourist visa.

Peewee

Simoni:
I'm trying to fly Marina back from Ukraine, avoiding JFK.  She HATES the homeland security folk there--they have given her hard times every time---my guess is they just like to talk to her!!!

But most of the flights require a connection in London.  Any ideas or experince on what the current view of transit visas might me?  Is it possible?  Or should we avoid Frankfurt or London or Paris?

catzenmouse:
You think she hates JFK huh? Send her to Chicago's O'Hare instead! Most hateful, nasty group of individuals I have ever seen in my life work there! Not to mention that they can't get a flight in or out on time to save their lives (or anyone else's connections for that matter).

Elena said they were very nice and helpful to her in Frankfurt so that may be an option. I've only been through Heathrow twice (going to and coming back from Moscow) and it was pretty easy as far as transit goes.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version