It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Celebrating 10 Years of Marriage  (Read 661 times)

Offline chooter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Celebrating 10 Years of Marriage
« on: July 23, 2024, 08:23:30 AM »
Hello everyone. I don't get much time anymore so I would like to let everyone know my Russian wife and me celebrated our 10th anniversary this past weekend. It's been a great 10 years for both of us and different.

I met her on a plane, flying back to Atlanta from Moscow, after ending a relationship that seemed to be going nowhere but her way. My wife was a Medical Artist and had been living in Atlanta for several years working for a group of doctors and a law firm.

Her English was probably an 8 out of 10, very mature, intelligent, had a fun sense of humor and is still beautiful, and still got that fun sense of humor. We dated on a regular basis and made the decision together to get married after about 10 months. She worked for a few more months and then relocated to our home here in the north Georgia mountains about 2 hours from Atlanta.

We don't argue nor get in each others faces. We have disagreements, and talk them out in a sensible matter and keep living our happy lives together. I built her an art studio so she could have her own space and continue to work part time for her friends in Atlanta, and I think that was probably the best move I made after she relocated here. It gave her a sense of belonging, being respected for her intelligence and the work she loved and who she is with independence.

She was accepted by our neighbors, friends and most important, my family. She has no kids of her own and is loved my my kids and grand kids. Our grand kids consider her their Queen and spend a lot of their time with her. Our oldest grand daughter starts college this year and will be studying to become a Medical Artist. I think our family and friends attention to her has made a huge difference in her and our marriage.

I don't have a clue what's going on in the MOB scene anymore, especially Russia as my wife has no desire to return to Russia anymore for obvious reasons and who she supports.

I wish all of you the best that are still looking for a bride and congrats to the ones of you that have found your happiness and are happily married.

The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Celebrating 10 Years of Marriage
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 10:58:53 AM »
Very good news.
Thanks for posting a detailed outline of your wife and your time together.

My wife and I have been together for 20 years as of last May.

We have a life similiar to that which you posted.

Best wishes for continued success.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024, 08:25:44 AM »
it'd be cool if we had some kinda database of successful FSU marriages amongst board members
with data like age, income, education, etc, sexual attraction, and MORE
I'm sure some kinda pattern would emerge

to paraphrase Tolstoy
unhappy relationships all have different causes
while happy ones all have just one cause

for me, it's the fact that I REALLY like staring at my wife's tits
and also the fact that she doesn't make fun of me for being WEIRD
we've been married 25 yrs come this Oktober
most American wimmin woulda bailed after the first couple of months....

I was "very" immature when I first got married
and would always prank my wife with giant spiders and the like, I thought it was freakin hilarious, scaring a poor Russian village girl with a tarrantula, and watching her terrified reaction
quickly learned: unhappy wife, unhappy life"

instead of hating one another, 'tis far better to be in a "mutual admiration society" is it not?

PS
ML, my "dear friend"
so relieved to hear that you no longer have to deal with the Trump V. Biden dilemma that was so troubling to you...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:34:50 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:23:18 AM »
That's a great idea on forming a database Krim. I suggest we have boob size in there as part of the essential data :D

Thanks also chooter, it goes to show that FSU relationships can work but that it can be a random path to get there sometimes. Potentially the thought might be entertained of going about FSU Dating in indirect ways other than dating sites to try to achieve more chance of a better result.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8885
Latest: Tommyhaf
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 542038
Total Topics: 20886
Most Online Today: 2044
Most Online Ever: 12701