It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 295739 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2021, 10:45:40 AM »
All internet connections to Ukraine currently are down.  Rumours are there was an attempted coup, but there is no confirmation yet.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2021, 06:49:26 PM »
WOW this jumped out at me as something very  scary.

But my google search uncovered nothing.

Wife has talked to people in Ukraine via Skype all day as this is her birthday.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2021, 03:22:09 AM »
I haven’t heard anything to suggest that.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2021, 05:10:34 AM »
Have been online with folks I work with in UA all yesterday and today.

No issues noted.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2021, 06:16:51 AM »
Well according to recent reports Russia's troops are on the move again. Putin is pulling tanks from Siberia in the direction of Ukraine apparently according to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10147369/Russian-westbound-gas-supply-Yamal-Europe-pipeline-comes-halt.html

Not sure what he's after this time or whether the oil pipelines will play a part. Seems a lot of fuss to keep moving troops on such a large scale around unless you intend to do something with them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
Well according to recent reports Russia's troops are on the move again. Putin is pulling tanks from Siberia in the direction of Ukraine apparently according to this article:

Ooooopps . . . I guess he doesn't know that China poses a much bigger risk to Russia (in the long run) than Ukraine ever will.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2021, 06:02:57 PM »
Ooooopps . . . I guess he doesn't know that China poses a much bigger risk to Russia (in the long run) than Ukraine ever will.

You could be right ML, China is a big military and economic power now right on Russia's doorstep. They may have a few common issues against the west but with Chiba getting so strong and Russia renewing it's military technology they could end up seeing each other as a threat.

Latest news on Ukraine & Russia's new military build up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10156359/Ukrainian-President-Zelensky-corners-Biden-COP26-royal-reception-discuss-tensions-Russia.html
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2021, 12:23:14 PM »
Russia still has its build up of troops near Ukraine which is becoming a concern for the US:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10172613/Biden-sends-CIA-Director-Bill-Burns-Moscow-warn-Putin-building-troops-Ukraine-border.html

Apparently article states Ukraine has a problem with energy also. Guessing their gas and electricity supply is worse than ours.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2021, 07:28:07 AM »
Looks like this could be it! Russia looks like it's sizing up to invade Ukraine, looking like it could really happen this time:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-brink-ukraine-invasion-thousands-25442398

With the virus, energy issues etc and now the Russkies amassing huge forces to invade Ukraine it looks like Ukrainians are really in for one hell of a winter. Probably best to avoid a trip out there at the moment. Looking like Krimster's predictions could be coming true.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2021, 08:48:55 AM »
Russia has now sent paratroopers into Belarus,whilst we're now sending troops into Poland.

Looks like the build-ups in Eastern Europe are accelerating amid warnings from the USA and UK about Russian forces building up on the Ukraine border.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2021, 02:52:48 AM »
Russia has now sent paratroopers into Belarus,whilst we're now sending troops into Poland.

Looks like the build-ups in Eastern Europe are accelerating amid warnings from the USA and UK about Russian forces building up on the Ukraine border.

Some think Putin is just making mischief. Belarus is unhappy at EU sanctions against it and is causing the migrant problem some say to get back at EU sanctions against it. The EU is looking to create an EU army with around 5,000 soldiers towards 2025 so that it can act independently abroad where it needs without the unanimous agreement if all member states. It's still got to go through the EU Member states for approval. I personally think it is too small and doesn't answer the problem the EU has in its border at home namely Russia. At the moment it's still NATO picking up the can and is of course this time. Belarus is threatening to cut gas supplies to Europe also.

So whether they are just staying all of this to get concessions who knows? Last time it was possibly about sanctions on the Baltic sea pipeline from Russia to Germany. It looked like it may have got them lifted. Don't know if this is all about getting sanctions on its neighbour Belarus lifted, seems a lot of bother for that.

It looks like Russia has cut some lines that can detect submarines from Norway:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10196799/Norwegian-undersea-surveillance-network-capable-detecting-submarines-cables-cut.html

Possibly they are gearing up for an Invasion of Ukraine to some extent. All depends on whether they make a move this time or another phoney war. Some say Russia has been left feeling humiliated and weak from its USSR days where it held a lot more territory and it wants some of that territory back. Others say that territory could be more of a burden on its economy than much of a help. I can't see them taking over large amounts of territory with NATO doing nothing though. Will have to wait and see if they actually make a move this time.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2021, 01:20:45 PM »
15,000 Polish troops have been deployed to the border with Belarus....just 20 miles from where Russian Paratroopers landed.

8.500 Ukrainian troops have been deployed to the border with Russia.

USA Vice President Kamala Harris says the USA is" looking at the tools it has" after a day of rapid-fire developments.

Meanwhile UK fighter jets were scrambled to see off two Russian bombers close to the UK....again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:38:07 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »
The deployment of Polish troops is due to the migrant crisis Lukashenko has created.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
Harris has spoken with Macron and says "On the issue of Belarus and what is happening at the border with Poland we are very concerned about that and closely paying attention to it."

Pity she's not so concerned about the illegal migrants flooding into the UK....aided by Macron,with French warships filmed shadowing the migrants into UK waters.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:53:49 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2021, 05:01:11 PM »
I don't think we'll have any concerns about Russian troops crossing into Poland, we've sent out 10 of our troops to Poland to see them off. I very much doubt they'll be able to top that.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2021, 12:08:20 AM »
Brexit Britain taking full advantage of the situation in Ukraine to boost its Naval sales :D

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-signs-deal-to-help-boost-ukraines-navy-in-the-face-of-increased-threat-from-russia-12470490

More jobs and money brought into the country by this one :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2021, 03:06:21 AM »
President Zelensky is no longer the popular boy he once was with Ukrainians more interested in other matters than a pretty boy with a cheesy smile:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/a-covid-19-crisis-and-putins-war-push-ukraine-to-breaking-point

Covid still hitting Ukraine hard at the moment, Russian tanks on the border looking set to move in and of course colder temperatures now hitting Ukraine with gas being a problem to get hold off.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/interview/analyst-eu-must-force-gazprom-to-supply-gas-to-russia-ukraine-border/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 03:10:22 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2021, 11:35:35 AM »
Latest reports on the Russia/Ukraine situation. A Ukrainian General reckons Russia may invade around January time, plan your dating trips carefully guys ;D Can't think what Kherson girl would be thinking now with Russian tanks amassed on the border, from the article it looks like the Russians could come in from every which way!

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229427/amp/Russia-preparing-INVADE-Ukraine-end-January-Kiev-General-warns.html

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2021, 11:45:59 AM »
She's probably thinking "Maybe I will meet a handsome young soldier.  Thank goodness I didn't weigh myself down with that middle aged British idiot who thought buying me goods worth a day of wages should result in eternal gratitude."

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2021, 02:45:18 PM »
She's probably thinking "Maybe I will meet a handsome young soldier.  Thank goodness I didn't weigh myself down with that middle aged British idiot who thought buying me goods worth a day of wages should result in eternal gratitude."

Lol, during WWII enemy soldiers invading into a country often meant that the local girls were going to be met with rape. I'm sure though we are living in more enlightened times now, perhaps.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2021, 02:51:48 PM »

I'm sure all young women who's country is about to be invaded by another country think they may meet a handsome young soldier. :rolleyes:

German women were very well-treated by the invading Soviet forces weren't they ?

Estimates are that up to 2 million German women were raped by Soviet soldiers.

According to historian William Hitchcock many of the women were raped up to 60 or 70 times.

Let's hope the rapists were all young and handsome eh ? :rolleyes:

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
There are Ukrainian soldiers as well.

First, I doubt rather highly that Russia is readying an invasion of Ukraine.  Second, no matter what is stated, these peoples, other than in Western Ukraine, largely think of themselves as one. 

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »
There are Ukrainian soldiers as well.

First, I doubt rather highly that Russia is readying an invasion of Ukraine.  Second, no matter what is stated, these peoples, other than in Western Ukraine, largely think of themselves as one.

If there is an invasion Ukrainian soldiers will be too busy fighting for their lives to be interested in chasing a  bit of totty.

Tanks rolling down toward you will be a bit of a passion killer.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2021, 03:13:47 PM »
Stories from WWII suggest that's inaccurate.  Plus, there isn't going to be an invasion.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »
German women were very well-treated by the invading Soviet forces weren't they ?

Soviet forces 'invaded'  Germany ???

Did USA forces also invade Germany ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541386
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3804
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3791
Total: 3801

+-Recent Posts

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM