It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287585 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #650 on: February 25, 2022, 05:56:12 PM »
Kyivians bracing themselves for an all out assault on their Capital tonight by Russian troops. They've basically got to throw the lot at them and hope they can hold the Russians off from reaching the city centre and taking Kyiv. If they can do that then there's a chance they can hold them off for quite some time. We'll see later in the morning how it went.
I don't see a circumstance where Russia doesn't get what they want.  They will just ramp up further and further to whatever point is necessary to reach their goal.   If that is the case, life is going to become worse and worse for the Ukrainians that do battle.   
Another speculation is the harder they have to work and lose lives, the more they are going to decide ultimately take.    I don't know what their end game is at this point. 

My neighbor came up to me today with a solution, he said the US should give Russia 12 hours to surrender or we carpet bomb all their troops.  I just listened and thought to myself I'm glad he isn't in charge. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #651 on: February 25, 2022, 06:18:56 PM »
I don't see a circumstance where Russia doesn't get what they want.  They will just ramp up further and further to whatever point is necessary to reach their goal.   If that is the case, life is going to become worse and worse for the Ukrainians that do battle.   
Another speculation is the harder they have to work and lose lives, the more they are going to decide ultimately take.    I don't know what their end game is at this point. 

My neighbor came up to me today with a solution, he said the US should give Russia 12 hours to surrender or we carpet bomb all their troops.  I just listened and thought to myself I'm glad he isn't in charge. 

Fathertime!

I think you're right on all of that FT, Russia can keep pulling troops and sending them to the Ukrainian front, they can call up conscripts although I doubt how willing and like you say if it ends up a bloody tough long fight then Russia will want to take more as a result. Only possible upside is possible Russia is using its best forces on this and leaving the rest behind on guard duty until needing to be brought to the Ukrainian Front. That would make sense and historically how the Russian Army has been composed back to WWI at least, some good troops then a lot who aren't but they bulk out the Russian Army in numbers to make it look impressive statistically. If sone of their best troops are having a hard time if it and losses are mounting then their not so good troops are likely to fair even worse.

The Ukrainians still no doubt have a lot of Russian troops to chew through but on the plus side they haven't been taking greater losses particularly as it seems so they can afford to fight on longer. If Ukraine gets shelled out bad then Russia may not wish to take so much of it on that front. I think that potentially if Ukraine can keep fighting the way they have been and keep it up long term then Russia will start to strain under the weight of it all and they'll look to quit/get rid of Putin. The way this is going Ukraine could quite easily end up the new Lebanon.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #652 on: February 25, 2022, 08:13:24 PM »
We have been texted with relatives in Kyiv.  Internet and electricity are intermittent.  Our relatives live in  what is considered central Kyiv, though not in our understanding of the centre, it's about 15 minutes from Khreshchatyk.  The live between an airport and a rail centre.  There has been bombing and shooting.  The air is filled with smoke, and the shooting has been going on for over a day.  Children in the building are crying.  They've been told to stay indoors, and keep lights off.  It's very bad.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #653 on: February 25, 2022, 08:29:15 PM »
Wife owns two condominium (called apartments there) units in Kyiv.
One rented out and other occupied by a relative family.

Relative woman and children have gone further west to stay with grandparents.

Relative man has joined volunteer Ukrainian army and will bear the brunt of Russian attack from Belarus.

Two of wife's friends here are from Romania and they have told that their families in Romania will take in her family if they want to come over there.

Quite great of them, but no immediate plans to take them up on that offer.

Apparently it takes a couple of days to get through the border anyway.

If her condo units are destroyed, that will be around 650K USD.

Maybe the most expensive one will be spared as it's in second building  away from US Embassy.  Don't think Putin will want to hit it; but anything can happen (falling aircraft), etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #654 on: February 26, 2022, 02:17:02 AM »
The former world heavy weight champion Vitali Klitschko,now Mayor of Kyiv, has said there are no Russian troops in Kiev and that Russian troops tried to enter Kiev last night and were "neutralised".

Many Ukrainian men who've been living outside Ukraine are now driving back to Ukraine to fight the invading Russians.

Big protests against Putin taking place all around the World.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #655 on: February 26, 2022, 03:31:14 AM »
An attack in Kharkiv has been repelled, RF didn't enter the city.
Dnipro has not suffered from attack in the west part.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #656 on: February 26, 2022, 04:31:49 AM »
Woke up this morning to see that Kiev had survived the night and repelled Russian attempts to further enter the city. One of the more modern looking apartment blocks looking the worse for wear though with part of its midsection blown out. If things keep up like this Kyiv will soon be looking like Beirut, all they would need is for Kate Adie to put in a long overdue appearance.

Looks like Putin is now threatening Finland & Sweden. Putin seems to have gotten very arrogant no doubt after getting his way in Russia all these years by crushing dissent. If I were Finland & Sweden I would put in an application to join NATO today and stick their finger up to Putin. Putin is nothing more than a bully boy who thinks he can push everyone around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10553723/Putin-turns-attention-Finland-Sweden-Kremlin-official-warns-nations.html
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #657 on: February 26, 2022, 06:22:39 AM »

Putin running out of missiles?

"Putin is fierce. He was sure that it would be an easy walk. There are not enough missiles. Enough for three or four days - the ceiling. They are protected. There are no weapons. The Tula plant and the other two plants of (oligarch) Rotenberg cannot fulfill orders for weapons. Rifles and bullets. Physically. There are not enough weapons. The next weapon can really be received in three or four months. And then there are no raw materials. Previously, supplies were from Slovenia mainly, Finland and Germany. They are now blocked , " says Goncharenko.

http://ukraine.segodnya.ua/ukraine/putin-lyutuet-u-rf-zakanchivayutsya-rakety-i-oruzhie-1605445.html

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #658 on: February 26, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »
27 countries,including the USA and UK have agreed to send more military aid,including lethal weapons, to Ukraine,including Germany who are sending 400 RPG's.

A couple of human stories : An attractive blond lady lawyer in her thirties in Kiev has armed herself with the full intension of killing Russian troops.
The newscasters "Aren't you afraid "?
Her " It's not important how my story ends..what's important is that Ukraine is a free country ".

A young Ukrainian lady living in the UK has just received a phone call from her Afghan veteran father to tell her that he's got her mother and  sister to the Polish border and they're safe.

Him " Now i go back to Kiev "

Her " Why "?

Him " To fight the invading Russian troops "

Her " But dad you're 61 and you can barely walk..how can you fight "?

Him " Then i'll crawl and fight "

The girl then breaks down in tears ,while the newscasters are in bits :'(

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #660 on: February 26, 2022, 09:55:58 AM »
Riho Terras the former Estonian Defence Chief has received intel from a Ukrainian Officer about a meeting in Putin's lair in the Urals.Oligarch's convened there so no one would flee.

Putin is furious .he thought that the whole war would be easy and everything would be done in 1-4 days.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #661 on: February 26, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
Massive queues in Kiev now ,lining up for AK47's,including loads of hotties.

Sky talked to one of the blond hotties who's from Dnipro.

"At first we were scared but now we want to fight....fight like hell " she said.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »
Zelensky wants Ukraine to join the EU immediately and for the EU to cut Russia off on the Swift payment system but gets VETOED on both. Joining the EU I can understand since an attack on one is considered an attack on all so would push the EU into war, plus Ukraine's economy is now way too messed up for the EU to take them on especially with the EU's current economic woes.

The Swift payment system I think the EU are dead wrong to Veto at least those member states that did. As the Latvian PM rightly said some people are concerned about losing a bit of their money while other people are losing their lives. Tend to find that in these situations I think that while some people are sacrificing their lives other people are ignorant to that and don't want to help out in the slightest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10554837/President-Zelensky-pushes-Ukraine-join-EU-day-Russian-invasion.html

UK & the PM are right behind Ukraine and Boris backs a ban on Swift payments for Russia and rightly so.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:06:48 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2022, 01:23:06 PM »
Massive queues in Kiev now ,lining up for AK47's,including loads of hotties.

Sky talked to one of the blond hotties who's from Dnipro.

"At first we were scared but now we want to fight....fight like hell " she said.

My suspicion is that these hotties may just be using it to pose for their instawhore pics, lol.

Seriously though I doubt if any will end up on the front line, they'll probably be assigned behind the lines sentry duty stuff where they can pose it up some more.

From the reports the gun shops are doing a brisk trade with queuing out the door. That's those who can get their hands on a free one I guess. Arms dealers no doubt cleaning up from all of this.

With the main bulk of Russia's army now approaching Kiev it looks like it's going to amount to a fierce show down. I think many Kyivians have been buoyed on by seeing that the Russian Army can be stopped and now many people are joining in on the fight. That gives Ukraine a good fighting chance of survival. If they can grind the Russian advance to a halt, bog it down and demoralise it by robbing Putin of a quick victory then I think a lot of heart will go out of the Russian occupiers.

Taking out as much of Russia's Armour, Artillery and Airforce will degrade their ability a lot and that's where Russia could end up bogged down in a war where it ends up losing any chance of advancing. Next few days could see some real heavy fighting in Ukraine I reckon.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #664 on: February 26, 2022, 02:29:06 PM »
This report from Mariupol of Ukrainian Soldiers gives a good account of the realities of war I think. Doesn't look like any amputees here but some quiet badly injured and of course that can happen:

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-invasion-horrific-day-at-hospital-treating-injured-soldiers-in-mariupol-as-doctors-appeal-for-more-nato-help-12551535

I recall a while back, a few years ago that one poster here told us about a Ukrainian guy who lost a leg in the conflict in the East of Ukraine. He ended up unemployed and homeless with little in the way of economic support from the Ukrainian State. It's why I think decisions on what to do by those in Ukraine need to be considered carefully as joining to fight can have bad consequences for the individual, that said I think a lot of Ukrainians are going to have to stand up and fight if they are going to win this one. Ukrainians all cowering in basements, apartments or fleeing for the border isn't going to win it fir them.

The Ukrainian Soldiers in the video seemed to be thinking that they can't hold out much longer, a few more days or so. They're calling on NATO, the EU etc that they hoped to join but didn't to come to their aid. I personally don't believe either made any promises or commitments. I personally think it was Ukrainians who set themselves on a path to join without first making sure they had anything solid from either that they could join, a timeframe, etc. I believe that Ukraine put too much stock in joining either or both of these organisations without much to go on and that was the fault of the Ukrainian government on their part. I don't know about other Forum members but while I support Ukraine's cause I don't believe we should get directly involved as it really is their fight rather than ours. I think we should stand with Ukraine in supplying weapons, aid and sanctions but it really is down to them at the end of the day for as many of them as feel they wish to, to take up arms and fight their fight.

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #665 on: February 26, 2022, 03:04:20 PM »
My suspicion is that these hotties may just be using it to pose for their instawhore pics, lol.

Seriously though I doubt if any will end up on the front line, they'll probably be assigned behind the lines sentry duty stuff where they can pose it up some more.

Or they might be the next
Lyudmila Pavlichenko.

Ukrainian women aren't exactly wall flowers TC.
If the makeup and high heels throws you ,remember those can change in less than a few minutes.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #666 on: February 26, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »
Or they might be the next
Lyudmila Pavlichenko.

Ukrainian women aren't exactly wall flowers TC.
If the makeup and high heels throws you ,remember those can change in less than a few minutes.

While not all Ukrainian girls are pretty I think there are a higher than average amount of them are compared to the UK. Now don't get me wrong UK girls would pull the same stunt posing for their Instagram page in military fatigues then either end up in a passive role or scarper, so much for gender equality lol.

In any case at the moment I think those board members who have Russian partners are in hiding from this board, maybe we should ask Dan if he can rename this forum Ukrainian Women Discussion instead ;D

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »

In any case at the moment I think those board members who have Russian partners are in hiding from this board, maybe we should ask Dan if he can rename this forum Ukrainian Women Discussion instead ;D

GQBlues is still posting..so not all the board members with Russian partners are in hiding.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2022, 03:51:24 PM »
Zelensky wants Ukraine to join the EU immediately and for the EU to cut Russia off on the Swift payment system but gets VETOED on both. Joining the EU I can understand since an attack on one is considered an attack on all so would push the EU into war, plus Ukraine's economy is now way too messed up for the EU to take them on especially with the EU's current economic woes.

The Swift payment system I think the EU are dead wrong to Veto at least those member states that did. As the Latvian PM rightly said some people are concerned about losing a bit of their money while other people are losing their lives. Tend to find that in these situations I think that while some people are sacrificing their lives other people are ignorant to that and don't want to help out in the slightest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10554837/President-Zelensky-pushes-Ukraine-join-EU-day-Russian-invasion.html

UK & the PM are right behind Ukraine and Boris backs a ban on Swift payments for Russia and rightly so.

The EU.UK,USA and Canada are now stopping selected Russian Banks from using SWIFT.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:36:11 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2022, 04:00:38 PM »
Well,my point was not about relative appearances,it was that the women from Ukraine specifically have stood out in the past in times of war in combat roles.
Back when in the west it was not even permitted.
To think that some today within the crucible of war wouldn't be up to the task because they are attractive is funny thinking.
They have as much to lose as anyone there and their past shows a willingness and ability to fight well.

Out of millions of UW, recruit  614 Lyudmilas and you just took out 190,000 oppostion forces ..
While completely unrealistic to actually occur ,let her skill and courage under fire in two of the worlds more  bloody battles sink in.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #670 on: February 26, 2022, 04:08:59 PM »
While not all Ukrainian girls are pretty I think there are a higher than average amount of them are compared to the UK.

I'd dispute that.

I've only visited Kiev and i wasn't overly impressed with the beauty of the women there during the daytime...you'd see far more beauties in London walking round during the day.

Granted i didn't see any fat young women like you see here in Britain..but seriously only a couple of women caught my eye as stunners in the three days i was there.

I remember a forum member on here or another forum had the same issue in Odessa..he plaintively asked  "where are all the hotties i keep hearing about" ?

That Ukrainian Anastasia date blonde girl who was scamming the black guy on 90 Day Fiance is a typical example...when i first saw her instagram photo's and the video she sent him on his phone my first reaction was ..she's hot.

But then when i saw her in a coffee shop with two of her friends in a later episode ..without all her war paint on..i thought naahhh i don't fancy any of them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:32:53 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #671 on: February 26, 2022, 05:06:51 PM »

I'd dispute that.

I've only visited Kiev and i wasn't overly impressed with the beauty of the women there during the daytime...you'd see far more beauties in London walking round during the day.

Granted i didn't see any fat young women like you see here in Britain..but seriously only a couple of women caught my eye as stunners in the three days i was there.

I remember a forum member on here or another forum had the same issue in Odessa..he plaintively asked  "where are all the hotties i keep hearing about" ?

That Ukrainian Anastasia date blonde girl who was scamming the black guy on 90 Day Fiance is a typical example...when i first saw her instagram photo's and the video she sent him on his phone my first reaction was ..she's hot.

But then when i saw her in a coffee shop with two of her friends in a later episode ..without all her war paint on..i thought naahhh i don't fancy any of them.
Most of them are in expansive SUV or have already moved out. So you don't see them in the streets. Or they go some expensive restaurants or sports clubs you have barely any chance to know.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #672 on: February 26, 2022, 05:42:47 PM »
Wife tells that Ukraine has started a new tactic to try to get through to the Russian people what the Russian army is doing in Ukraine.

Captured Russian soldiers are forced to make video call to their parents in Russia and tell them that they are in Ukraine and have been captured.

Parents are stunned in that they say they didn't know their son was there and even that Russia was attacking Ukraine.

Let's hope these parents can spread the word.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #673 on: February 26, 2022, 05:45:33 PM »
Apparently there are growing protests in Russia about the invasion of Ukraine.

Let's hope these stories are true.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #674 on: February 26, 2022, 05:48:46 PM »
Where is the Russian version of  Claus von Stauffenberg now that he/she is needed ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM