It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287568 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #2600 on: September 27, 2022, 06:12:48 AM »
It becomes Russia under the CSTO agreements. Attacking these territories may pull Belarus into the conflict.
Then what?
Belarus has at best 35k effective strength. None of those soldiers will fight for Putin or Lukashenko for that matter. If Belarus gets involved, it will mean the end of Luka's regime as well which is currently not too far off once Putin goes down.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2601 on: September 27, 2022, 08:17:35 AM »
Belarus has at best 35k effective strength. None of those soldiers will fight for Putin or Lukashenko for that matter.

What is the logic/proof of your concept ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #2602 on: September 27, 2022, 08:49:16 AM »
Well, Belarus at one point was on the verge of joining the Russian attack early in the war. their total armed forces strength is at most 60k (army and air force). Many of the Belarussian troops refused to fight. Many officers were threatening to resign. One unit even crossed the border and joined the Ukrainian army to fight the Russians. All of this is old news. Almost all of Belarus hates Lukashenko. The only reason he remains in power is because Putin sent in his OMON troops to quell the protests after the elections.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:51:48 AM by Hammer2722 »
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2603 on: September 28, 2022, 07:40:07 AM »
Those traitors in the Donbass and Kherson! They've only just voted to join Russia!!! Believe me I was completely beside myself when the news came in, how could they do this!

Apparently also Beel should leave Russia as soon as poss so his country says if he hasn't managed to already, that or be pressed into the Russian Army perhaps, hmmnn... :-\

http://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/sep/28/russia-ukraine-war-live-news-west-rejects-referendum-results-nord-stream-sabotage-denounced
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2604 on: September 28, 2022, 08:19:47 AM »

Apparently also Beel should leave Russia as soon as poss so his country says if he hasn't managed to already, that or be pressed into the Russian Army perhaps, hmmnn... :-\

Russia isn't desperate enough to want old men like me for their army.
They have multi millions of men who are of military age, who are citizens,
that they could legally draft who are also native Russian speakers.

Fighting in wars is for the young. I am back in Texas and beyond the reach
of Russian draft boards.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 08:24:42 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2605 on: September 28, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »
Russia isn't desperate enough to want old men like me for their army.
You think :ROFL:

Apparently a lot of the 300,000 men they are calling up are old men, compared to them like an AFA tour bus you'd likely be one of the younger ones, lol.

Anyway good to hear you're safe & sound out of Russia Bill, I wouldn't want to be there right now as it looks like the sh*t could be hitting the fan in many a way.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #2606 on: September 28, 2022, 06:43:50 PM »
After the recent revolts in Dagestan its rumored that unofficially* mobilization has ceased.

Funny, if the other ethnic regions of russia that have been over represented in causulties in this conflict see that the squeaky wheel.gets the grease what will occur?

Chechnya's Kadyrov says he wint mobilize as he has sent enough.
Kazakhstan is  officially announced that it is welcoming russian men that fled Russia...

So Russia has now put up mobilization centers at the border crossings.

For those that dont read cyrillic  the sign  is a play in words that says:
 no to mobilization , with the b* crossed thru and replaced  it says,  no to gravezation.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:47:46 PM by Jumper1 »

Offline Steven1971

« Reply #2607 on: September 29, 2022, 05:32:25 AM »
http://twitter.com/R82938886/status/1575149819454279681?t=RwxfuwPSbpHBncOrfDwAdQ&s=19

The fake subtitles here are like the best Downfall parodies.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2608 on: October 01, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »
The town of Lyman,Donetsk region was liberated from the orcs today.

This was a very important logistical hub for the  orcs.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #2609 on: October 04, 2022, 10:38:34 PM »
Over 30.kilometers advance and liberation of many villages in.khersin oblast .
The AFU continues to make rapid progress,over.terrian it took russian months to occupy.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2610 on: October 05, 2022, 02:27:06 AM »
There are good gains in the North, Lyman seems to indicate that the Russian troops there are perhaps not well trained, equipped and/or broken morale. Many fled as fast as they can dropping their stuff as they went. Pushing home there is probably the thing to do as unless Russia can quickly reinforce with better resources then Ukraine can keep taking ground quickly if the same smashed forces.

Ukraine broken through the lines north of Kherson but are still a very long way from the city, about 70 miles so they are unlikely to reach Kherson anytime soon. Still it shows that the HIMARS are making a real difference by taking out Russia's artillery advantage thereby weakening Russian forces considerably.

The US are going to supply some more advanced weaponry which I think is the right thing to do. Russian forces seem weak at the moment so hitting them harder now could end the conflict sooner and prevent a long drawn out conflict - that will be better for Ukraine and the West in general. It will probably be getting colder once we get to November so will have to see how things go. Potentially though with the HIMARS weakening Russia considerably one big push to an enemy with a poor morale may make the whole lot break and run.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2611 on: October 06, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »
The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine today.

"The enemy must be destroyed here and now...and we can do that "

I'm sure someone in Ukraine is reading my posts on here and passing them on. >:D

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2612 on: October 07, 2022, 11:40:14 AM »
Regarding previous comments on here about the USA public's support for Ukraine in the war against the orcs.

Reuters poll shows 73% of American citizens believe that the USA must continue supporting Ukraine despite Russian threats to use Nuclear weapons.

Offline ML

« Reply #2613 on: October 07, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »
Reuters poll shows 73% of American citizens believe that the USA must continue supporting Ukraine despite Russian threats to use Nuclear weapons.

Good news, at this point.

However the percent will probably decrease as time goes on.

Just this morning, two blue collar workers were out working on extending a water line.

I asked if they knew anything about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

One guy said he had heard nothing about such an event.  Upon questioning, he said he didn't read newspapers, didn't listen to news on radio or TV and never surfed the internet.

The other guy said he had heard something about it, but hoped USA didn't get involved because it was none of our concern.

- - - - - - -

In Europe the percent supporting is probably much less than 73%, and will decrease substantially as winter sets in.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 01:13:18 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2614 on: October 07, 2022, 01:23:08 PM »
Pootin, is a cagey player, but a sly one...
he has already decided that the West will not go "all the way" to save Ukraine
that gives him an advantage in the game, if he decides to go "all in" and attack with WMDs
he knows the west will not respond at the same level
again, an advantage
the West's strategy is to support Ukraine at minimal costs
weapon costs are a boon to the US economy as factories are working extra shifts to keep up with demand, so our economy doesn't face any real hardships for shipping billions of $ worth of weapons to Ukrainia
and each dollar we spend on weapons probably does $50 worth of damage to Russia, an economy 1/10 the size of the US's
considering the annual cost of our military budget, year-after-year, and consider that a fraction of that is for "dealing with Russia"  then you realize what a "tremendous opportunity" this has been for the US to seriously degrade one of the two "near peer" militaries" in the world...
a huge cost-benefit for the US for supporting Ukraine

provinding that the war doesn't ecalate!!!

so Pootin's goal will now be to escalate and "up the ante" of the bet
so besides WMDs there will be a second round of mobilization with the goal of militarizing all of Russia, to make ANY signs of protest immediately disappear
meanwhile Russia will have massive purges and backstabbing, no one will be safe
more Russians will fall out of windows or commit suicide
and I just sit here in the Gulf of Mexico biding my time
until I make my triumphant return to Moscow with my "crew"

PS
the Ukrainian attack on the airbase at Saki, was NOT a missile attack!!!
it was an attack by Ukrainian Special forces
whose leader is called the "Shaman"
and that's all I can say about that...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 01:26:43 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2615 on: October 08, 2022, 02:35:53 AM »
The US has indeed tons of weapons alone in their army just sitting around that it doesn't really need. The number of HIMARS alone sent to Ukraine are small compared to what they have, let alone the huge stockpiles of other advanced weaponry it holds. In addition the US military holds a vast amount of nuclear warheads numbering in the many thousands, far more than it actually needs and could obliterate Russia & China many times over.

So it 'could' give a hundred or so Nuclear warheads to Ukraine and it wouldn't even notice it. That would stop Putler in his tracks as he would know that any WMD attack could result in a Nuke being fired off by Ukraine in kind perhaps at an out the way large military facility to begin with as a warning shot. Putler would also know that if he were to get too far into invading Ukraine again Ukraine could fire off Nuke(s). Russia has breached the Budapest Memorandum by invading Ukraine and annexing its territory that much is clear so that agreement and the Nuclear non-proliferation that goes with it is essentially null and void. So Ukraine by my reasoning is entitled to get nukes back. That off course would finish this conflict and see Russian forces scuttling back across the Ukrainian border. The US giving Ukraine loads of its advanced weaponry that is currently just sat around with nowhere to go would obliterate Russia's army quickly our of Ukraine. The US has no real need for much of its military equipment as no-one is going to attack the US with its massive nuclear capability. The stuff is only really for occasional exploits abroad and to give it's pals in the arms industry money. Over time all weaponry gets replaced by more advanced weaponry anyway.

So the US could easily hand Ukraine a decisive victory one way or another but chooses not to. In that respect I have to agree with Krim that a lot of it seems to be more about big profits for the Arms industry. It knows that if it gives Ukraine enough weaponry to give Russia a hard time that Russia will keep pouring in troops to avoid it getting kicked out of Ukraine altogether. The makes Russia weak the more it does that and Arms merchants rich. Russia's army is basically too clapped out to be a match for western weaponry not unless it field huge numbers of men in the field to overwhelm.

Personally I think the 300,000 men or any part of that which they manage to bring to the field is probably more about keeping in the game for the meantime. Odds are it's also about having a standing army with which to conscript larger amounts of Russian men when the time comes and that may come soon. Other than WMD's massively outnumbering the Ukrainian forces is the only possible way Russia is likely to be able to win in Ukraine now. It's how the Soviet Union won against Nazi Germany by sheer weight of numbers alone.

Whether Putler will use WMD's I am not so sure. Ukraine's problem there is that it has as yet nothing on that scale it can fire back so they are in an inferior position on that one. They can't however back down as Putler is a bully and will just take more and more over time so they essentially have to just hope he doesn't and if he does suffer whatever is sent in their direction. Partly it all depends on what WMD's will be used, possibly not nuclear but at least somewhat large scale destructive weapons nonetheless, hyper-thermal barbic missiles, etc. Putler probably won't use nukes unless he does a small one Hiroshima/Nagasaki style to strike fear into Ukraine and get them to capitulate. But throughout Ukraine I don't think he would want long term radioactive unusable territory. Use of WMD's is really more uncertain territory but Putler has shown how ruthless he can be and at the age of 70 probably won't care as his time in this Earth is limited anyway. That unfortunately is not great reading for Ukraine but it can only carry on fighting and hope it doesn't happen and if it does push on anyway as it's all there is left to do.

I don't think Putler will declare war on the west/NATO or fire Nukes in our direction as he knows he'll just get nukes fired back so is on an only lose scenario on that one. I myself though am making my nuclear fallout preparations just in case ;)

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2616 on: October 12, 2022, 10:43:29 AM »
According to an "FSB source ",the orc losses in Ukraine now stand at 90,000.

This includes troops who were killed,went missing,died from wounds,or were disabled and cannot return to military service.

It does not include Wagner,DNR,LNR,Chechen troops...so the real figure will be much higher.

Obviously i cannot verify these figures.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2617 on: October 14, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »
So 30% of the energy capacity has been 'destroyed', the Ukrainian PM is asking people to reduce consumption by 25%. Ukraine's emergency services said that five regions - Lviv, Poltava, Sumy, Kharkiv and Ternopil were without power. Further internet and heating outages. (Ukrainian reporting)

Putin stated 22 of 29 targets were successfully hit earlier in the week, the remaining will be 'dealt with'.

According to Moby 2.0 'tis a flesh wound. This is catastrophic as winter is approaching.

Meanwhile the Kerch Bridge is operational, both road and rail. Will be repaired within 2-3 months. Apparently 80% of 'Ukrainian' forces near Lughansk are foreign mercenaries as the Ukrainian army has been decimated.

I recommend people stock up on food, particularly in Europe. Pat - I hope you filled up your car's fuel tank! Vive la révolution! Oh and interesting to see French intelligence view the USA as its greatest foreign threat...

Interesting times.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2618 on: October 14, 2022, 05:55:12 PM »
I doubt Putin’s words of “success”.

30% was hit, not destroyed. L’viv’s power has already been restored.

The AFU is the prime fighting force in Luhansk.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 06:07:01 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #2619 on: October 14, 2022, 11:30:58 PM »
So 30% of the energy capacity has been 'destroyed', the Ukrainian PM is asking people to reduce consumption by 25%. Ukraine's emergency services said that five regions - Lviv, Poltava, Sumy, Kharkiv and Ternopil were without power. Further internet and heating outages. (Ukrainian reporting)

Putin stated 22 of 29 targets were successfully hit earlier in the week, the remaining will be 'dealt with'.

According to Moby 2.0 'tis a flesh wound. This is catastrophic as winter is approaching.

Meanwhile the Kerch Bridge is operational, both road and rail. Will be repaired within 2-3 months. Apparently 80% of 'Ukrainian' forces near Lughansk are foreign mercenaries as the Ukrainian army has been decimated.

I recommend people stock up on food, particularly in Europe. Pat - I hope you filled up your car's fuel tank! Vive la révolution! Oh and interesting to see French intelligence view the USA as its greatest foreign threat...

Interesting times.

Russia has allegedly launched more than half its  kh 101/ kh 555 cruise  missle, half its calibre models and 80% of its islander middle arsenals.

If* that's all they have, ukraine can easily withstand the rest. Then what?
Its that simple.

The power was back on in less than 24 hrs in most of those area and 48 hrs in all basically all.of them.
Puti tossed another 700 million down the drain. But that's chicken feed to a man that stole multi billions from.his country.

If **  kharkiv and luhansk oblasts are being liberated by a  battalion or two of foreign volunteers, with little to no air support a mere 100 kilometers from.russian airspace where Russia should be absolutely  lighting them.up with air sorties,
then Russia might as well pack up now.

Have you any military experience at all?

Where has russia gained ground in the last 45 days? (Since command posts and ammo depots were methodically being located by superior Intel, and wiped out by precision weapons )
1 or 2 kilometers in bakmut where they have concentrated thier efforts for 2 or 3 months?

While losing net ground in every single contested oblast ,and not by a few kilometers ,by big hunks

Yet you are posting the sky is falling and winter is coming for Ukraine.

If this wasn't a serious matter   I would be friking laughing.

Russia was getting its arse handed to them, so they were forced to.mobilize, you do get this very basic concept i hope?

If you are succeeding in your goals in Ukraine, and ukrainians have such heavy losses,then you don't need to.mobilize hundreds of thousands of new troops and make public speeches about the reasons needed.

Since you have such great info hows that new 3rd army doing?
Why was it needed?
Is it combat effective after 30 days of its first real deployment ?
Let me know.

Ukraine will have a tough winter, mostly from.Russia tossing that.amount of new meat in the grinder.
 But if 3rd army was any indication it takes about 2.6 weeks to be rendered ineffective and pulled back for replacements.
Winter will slow that and hinder russia more than Ukraine.
  They have longer more vulnerable supply lines. They cant be.rotated out for any break,  as often or as quickly.

Russia should get out.

Offline BC

« Reply #2620 on: October 15, 2022, 01:33:54 AM »
Meanwhile the Kerch Bridge is operational, both road and rail. Will be repaired within 2-3 months.

Repairs to the bridge between the annexed Crimean peninsula and southern Russia, which was damaged in an explosion last Saturday, are to be finished by July 2023, a document published on the Russian government’s website said.
http://english.alarabiya.net/News/world/2022/10/14/Explosion-damaged-Crimea-bridge-to-be-repaired-by-July-2023-Report and several other news orgs reporting same.

That is likely a reasonable timeline to complete repairs unless something else happens till then.

In any case, it will negatively affect logistics to and from Crimea for some time to come.  I work in the logistics field and estimate the capacity of the bridge is roughly 1/4 or less than what it was.  Have to remember the remaining damaged lane for vehicles and the one rail line may be limited to lighter loads and will also have to be used for repair operations further limiting normal traffic.  At some point, both will have to be closed completely for a time to facilitate repair.  Ferry traffic is also impacted by re-routed priority goods.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2621 on: October 15, 2022, 04:28:22 AM »

Interesting times.

Sorry to disappoint you again,but my Governmental source in Kiev informs me that the power was back on in Kiev within two hours of the energy capacity being "destroyed".....ho hum.

According to military analysts Russia has now lost 70% of it's precision missiles.

Maybe Putler will use the rest of his remaining precision missiles taking out the lights in Kiev for another two hours.

He's as daft as you so i wouldn't put it past him.

64,700 Russian orcs have now been eliminated in Ukraine,according to the Ukrainian MOD...no wonder Putler had to mobilize another 300,000 men.

Meanwhile another 10,000 Ukrainian troops have returned to Ukraine to kill Russian/pro-Russian orcs after completing their NATO training in the UK.
That's 20,000 now trained... and counting. >:D

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:02:16 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2622 on: October 15, 2022, 06:15:22 AM »
My impression is that Putler is making the same mistake as Hitler did with the Luftwaffe during WWII. He's hitting civilian targets in anger failing to realise that it's the biggest military and infrastructure targets are the ones to hit, that's what has the biggest impact on changing the fortunes of war. As it is he is wasting lots of his missiles on pointless targets. Fortunate that Ukraine can now take out many of these missiles out also. It generally means that Putler is carrying out his own disarmament and degrading his military's ability himself. Soon Russia will be too poor to rearm, will have a broken military and will likely be breaking apart as a result of it all.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2623 on: October 21, 2022, 05:01:04 AM »
I doubt Putin’s words of “success”.

30% was hit, not destroyed. L’viv’s power has already been restored.

The AFU is the prime fighting force in Luhansk.
The Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Kyrylo Tymoshenko, said that tomorrow a restriction on the supply of electricity will be introduced throughout Ukraine.

According to him, starting from 7:00 to 23:00, it will be necessary to minimize the use of electricity. Also, from tomorrow, the use of street lighting in Ukrainian cities will be limited.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2624 on: October 21, 2022, 01:27:11 PM »
Russia hit many more stations since my last post. Nevertheless, the restrictions are for four hours at a time.

The purpose of hitting infrastructure was to break the will of Ukrainians. The effect has been the opposite of what Russia wanted.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM