Forum > Immigration and Visas

Russia US embassy Interview

(1/13) > >>

Mandalay:
Hello,

I wanted to get some insight about how to answer this question about travelling alone.

I met a Russian lady online and she is still married unhappily as well as her husband.  The marriage relationship is non existent.  They just never pursued divorce paperwork.
Along with that he is abusive mentally and physically.

We video chat daily and sometimes i can hear him yelling at her, calling her names and degrading her while we are talking.
He has multiple women, even brought them home and tells her not to leave the room.  Its a horrible situation and he is aware about me.

Her and I became very close and always talk about being together. I am in California.  We have lots of feelings invested and discussed so many things.

She applied for a tourist visa and her interview is within a couple days.

We know the question will arise if your travelling alone.

She is travelling alone and they will wonder why without the husband I assume.

She doesent know how the best way to answer this question and doesent want to ruin the chances on this question.

Does anyone have any suggestions they can help with?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you

msmob:
Welcome to the forum, Mandalay

Sorry, cannot help - as not a US citizen and no expertise of visa interviews

The situation seems bizarre - in that the stereotypical control freak I see in the cinema would not entertain 'his lady' taking to another man ...  whilst 'entertaining '

I  have a question for you ... Has she ever hinted at the help you sending her money would be ?

Mandalay:
Thanks for the reply.  Nothing about money or hinting about needing money.  She does have the stereotypical guy unfortunately.  She cant do much about the abuse other than just going through a divorce through the court system.

Laws have changed i have read the police do not involve themselves in domestic disputes. A husband can bruise the wife and only get 15 days in jail or fined.  Often the agressor makes her pay for it as well. 

BC:
If she is applying for a tourist visa, she should know what attractions she will visit.

Is she an artist?  Always dreamed of visiting a museum .... and be able to give a few names and talk up artsy stuff.
Does she have some hobby? There is an exhibit I really, really want to see... and show the advertisement
Is there some business interest?  Conventions are always good...  Visiting suppliers of equipment for demos etc.

Bottom line, she has to have a good reason for the visit, along with the funds available to support the trip. Bank statements, credit card statements etc..  Tourist medical insurance plan is also good.

And finally, a compelling reason to return - family, job, home etc

Part of an organized group tour?  That's ok too.

No job, no money, weak itinerary and few reasons to return - all red flags.

BdHvA:
Manadaly, In your situation I would take a long hard look at what you are doing. If you can not see your own red flags get a second opinion from a trustworthy friend who will not sugar coat his thinking.

From what I read you are suffering from 'white knight syndrome'. While the woman's situation is not pretty, you are thinking that you can save this woman from her terrible fate. For a woman or man in the fSU it is relatively easy to obtain a divorce. If you want a fixer upper there plenty closer to home.

I will assume you have not sent her any money nor has she asked for any money. A question not asked are there any children involved?

What I would do if possible is meet in a neutral European country. For a Russian, Greece is a relatively easy country to obtain a Schengen visa. See if there is more than the dynamics of the abuser tying you together. To me the idea to come to America first is almost weird. If she is rejected the first time it become MUCH more difficult a second time to obtain an American visa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version