Forum > In-Country Services and Agencies

Norway?

(1/2) > >>

SteveInBoston:
Hi,

I'm planning a trip this summer to Norway.  We're actually flying into Copenhagen, and will hire a car and drive to Norway.  Currently I have 1 night in Stavanger, 1 night near Trolltunga, and 8 nights in Bergen. 

Not sure what to do in Bergen.  Perhaps I should shorten the stay there and keep going up to Trondheim?

Any suggestions on things to do or places to go or food to eat/avoid would be appreciated. 

I really enjoy white water rafting - I'm wondering if there's any places in that area for beginner/moderate skill level (for wifey and nephew).

Boethius:
I suggest posting your question on tripadvisor's Norway forum.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

LAman:

--- Quote from: SteveInBoston on June 12, 2019, 08:24:40 AM ---Hi,

I'm planning a trip this summer to Norway.  We're actually flying into Copenhagen, and will hire a car and drive to Norway.  Currently I have 1 night in Stavanger, 1 night near Trolltunga, and 8 nights in Bergen. 

Not sure what to do in Bergen.  Perhaps I should shorten the stay there and keep going up to Trondheim?

Any suggestions on things to do or places to go or food to eat/avoid would be appreciated. 

I really enjoy white water rafting - I'm wondering if there's any places in that area for beginner/moderate skill level (for wifey and nephew).

--- End quote ---

Strange to book flight somewhere and have no idea what to do there for 8 days. Usually, you find something you would like to do/see, then book flight to that place!!!

I agree with Bo, ask questions in Norway forum (TA).

SteveInBoston:
It was my mistake.  I took a look at the map and marked the places we wanted to visit.  Seem at most the places were 300 km away.  I wasn’t thinking about the terrain and that it would take 6-8 hours to drive.

I will try tripadvisor. 

GQBlues:
There are 3 members from Norway on this board I know of. One is fairly 'more' active than the other 2 and goes by the moniker The Natural (Roy).

Send him a PM and ask. He's gracious enough and I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version