It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad  (Read 53347 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #375 on: December 17, 2021, 08:52:49 AM »
GQ,

I just asked a couple of simple, direct questions, that's all.  Didn't really need a verbose recap of my post and the links.

But hey, nobody is twisting your arm to answer :)

'Verbose' is often use to describe academic language, so thanks...direct questions comprehensively addressed. FACTUALLY.

:D

Surprisingly, no Googled riposte from you...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 09:02:08 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »

'Verbose' is often use to describe academic language, so thanks...direct questions comprehensively addressed. FACTUALLY.

:D

Glad you added the smiley.  Guess I could have used the phrase "beating wildly around the bush" instead.

It is quite common to try and make a point, or ask a question as a prompt for replies.  I failed to see either.  Maybe you can re-phrase in a more concise manner.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2021, 01:30:17 PM »
Glad you added the smiley.  Guess I could have used the phrase "beating wildly around the bush" instead.

Translation: There was nothing you could contest.

It is quite common to try and make a point, or ask a question as a prompt for replies.  I failed to see either.  Maybe you can re-phrase in a more concise manner.

See above. You asked the Qs, and alleged segments of my post was short of facts. I've replied, and comprehensively explained much of what were asked - factually. Just wondered the absence of Goggled retort from your reply, is all..

:-\
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2021, 01:37:35 AM »

Translation: There was nothing you could contest.

See above. You asked the Qs, and alleged segments of my post was short of facts. I've replied, and comprehensively explained much of what were asked - factually. Just wondered the absence of Goggled retort from your reply, is all..

:-\
Is this a new technicality we should be aware of......?

Offline BC

« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2021, 09:01:50 AM »

No worries GQ, I'll get around to you.  Lots of pre-holiday things to do going on these days.

Offline BC

« Reply #380 on: December 19, 2021, 02:32:19 AM »
GQ,

Finally got a bit of time to address your post indicating I ran out of google words and thus incapable of reply.

In reply to Trench, you wrote:

I bet it will also amaze you to learn that Taiwan, with a population of 23.8 million, only suffered 850+/- deaths!! Skim over and look at Hong Kong's data.  Heck, most will likely chime Mainland China's numbers has got to be skewed because they're Commies and cannot be trusted.

I took the context of this statement as being a critique of HK’s response and low numbers of deaths, replying with:

Did you even consider the proactive vs reactive mitigation efforts Taiwan undertook, or mitigation compliance levels of the population, not to mention the practice they have from prior pandemics?  They were well prepared, we were not.

Regardless of the context, on the subject of HK, you replied:

Taiwan is a marvel to admire in their national awareness and programs which resulted with an admirable low mortality against covid-19. Pre-SARS CoV-2, they already have a National protocol in place in the event of an outbreak. From prevention, control management, mitigation and most importantly - treatment protocol in place. Taiwan was, and is, in their battle against the virus - the US and likely the rest of the high income, technologically and clinically advanced nations, is/are not.

At the onset of the pandemic, Taiwan’s CDC was automatic in their response. From border management to treatment protocol was in place.

Now whether or not I got the context of your original remark correct, or not, no response on my part is needed as we agree as to HK’s experience and crisis response leading to low numbers of deaths. 

Regarding nasal sprays, I responded:

Sure, why not take a couple snorts in addition to other measures when going out. Likely more pleasant and safer than squirting hand cleanser up your nose.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

You reply in agreement:

Oro nasal virucidal sprays, clinically administered, or simple homemade concoction of water, iodine, even salt are widely used in, as TC opined, in poor nations. He can pay me via PayPal and I would’ve gladly sent him my secret ingredient of water and salt to flush away his fears. You can pretty much mix a lot of combination diluted with water. Chlorine, or pool water is one. Bleach, remember Trump’s inarticulate musing? Proper amount is key. Heck, I’m even surprised to read one of the clinical study included carageenan. While mostly used in food we eat, it is also known to be toxic. Anyway, not too many Americans practice nasal flushes, or even thought of it as a good prevention protocol, likely probably not even you.

Again, how can you state I am lacking in response for something we agree on?

After a lengthy political harangue, you did at least attempt to answer one question I posed:

Your stance seems to state that the 2% are simply not worth bothering about.  Should we really be doing nothing?  Do you have any estimates how high the body count would be without vaccines and other mitigation measures?

You reply with:

As for your comment about the 2 percenter, chew on this, as of today in the US - 75% of the 800k that died with COVID-19 are aged 65 and over. Literally and figuratively, the old and the sick, or both. Meaning, for the <65 year olds, the mortality rate is 0.001%. Again, with an established treatment protocol, god only knows how much less of a mortality threat COVID-19 really is. More people likely died on fentanyl, drug OD,  relatively, with proper treatment in place.

The only way I can interpret your re-phrased proposition in reply to a direct question is “No” on the first count, and and “Doesn’t matter” as to the second, and that your solution is simply to do nothing.  A treatment protocol exists and is frequently updated as new facts arise.  http://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/about-the-guidelines/whats-new/

Why would this be deserving of a reply on my part?

Other than subsequent mentions of google in a feeble attempt to shoot the messenger, you did not address the following questions:

Is the CDC graph below representing the inordinate amount of over 800 thousand excess deaths in the US simply wrong?

Do you have any factual information that vaccines and mitigation are useless as you seem to indicate?

What's the deal with Italy nowadays? Even Germany who had an excellent record of low deaths has now fallen far behind with 7 day population adjusted daily deaths at least twice to almost three times that of Italy.  Both countries have similar mitigation strategies.  Is it even remotely possible that Italy with a higher rate of vaccinations and oldest-first policy has gained a considerable edge? I do acknowledge that green pass mandates are stricter here and include workplaces, but that only amplifies my point.  What's your verdict?

So you see, your accusations that somehow I ran out of google power or whatever is simply false, and instead, responses to my direct questions lack, despite your assertions to the contrary.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #381 on: December 19, 2021, 02:20:43 PM »
It's time that Fauci takes his payola and leaves government. His time is over,
he has become a caricature of himself.

If Biden had a brain not addled by Alzheimer's related atrophy he could have gotten
rid of this pompous boob and had somebody without all the lies and flip flops to
represent the "New Official Whitehouse Position" on all things Covid, but they
didn't and now all the negative crap from Covid has passed right on to Biden's shoulders.

Fauci says masks on planes will always be necessary no matter what
http://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/fauci-masks-planes-necessary-extra-step

Now would be a good time for Biden to publicly fire and humiliate Fauci and do a
Clintonian third way pivot. They won't do that since the fundamentalist totalitarians
in his regime won't allow it.

The Biden regime will let the radicals drag them down to the low teens in approval
ratings getting down to where Kamala Harris starts looking good.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BC

« Reply #382 on: December 19, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »

Prudent, especially flying with a planeload of folks with unknown vaccination status or had not been tested shortly prior which seems to be the norm within the US.  If such is required flying to/from the US, it should be required for domestic travel.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2021, 08:32:31 AM »

The guy is a damned idiot! He should be shipped to Tunisia for some sand fly experiments. When he experimented with ferrets by pumping them with highly lethal viruses (H5n1) to see if they can transmit the virus via aerosolization, the scientific community was mortified which ultimately led to the funding and banning of gain-of function research and stopped his heinous Josef Mengele-like behavior.

Then, void of authorization, he cloaked and renamed that practice and continued to circumvent the ban and found a way to continue funding gain-of function experiments anyway. Here we are today.

http://www.science.org/content/article/us-infectious-disease-chief-urges-flu-scientists-engage-support-h5n1-research

Quote from: Fauci
[/size]There is a real and present danger of the natural evolution of the virus and that is why you do the experiments* that might appear to be risky in the eyes of some. You do the experiments so we can stay ahead of the naturally evolving risk.

[/size]* Gain-of-Function experiments.[/color]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:50:20 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #384 on: December 21, 2021, 11:45:54 AM »

RIGHT!. Apparently not according to the Pentagon. You don't trust the Pentagon...how about Harvard?

If 99% of the virus particle is filtered out then why the need for a mask mandate? I supposed that goes in line with vaccinating young, healthy folks (<65) who have a risk of dying at the rate of 0.001%.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:55:28 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #385 on: December 21, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »

RIGHT!

Researchers concluded that, if passengers wear surgical masks continuously, very little of the virus spreads, because of how the air is circulated and filtered on the planes.

Harvard

The report stresses that other layers of safety measures must be present, including:

universal wearing of face masks
by passengers and crew throughout the journey;

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2021, 05:34:57 AM »
Which part of over 99% did you missed again? People should mask because of literally minute percentage? What happens when they get served meals and drinks? Threat takes a break too?

Let me guess, you’re now so freaked out you’re wearing a mask at home?

The researchers, which included a team from the University of Nebraska, concluded that the virus was removed by the plane’s air filtering systems 15 times as fast as in a typical home and five or six times as fast as what is recommended for hospital operating rooms and patient isolation rooms.

Best crawl in a hole to stay safe, and forget life for a while. This virus is here to keep us company a while. LOL!

Pandemic of lunacy.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:51:39 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2021, 07:48:57 AM »
GQ,

Don't start blaming others if you have problems reading and comprehending the material you post.  Ya know, stuff like:

Significantly, the study did not examine the risk posed by the virus spreading in larger droplets that people can spread when eating or talking.

Mannequins don't talk, sneeze, cough etc.  People in planes do.

Suggest taking the time to read the source reports and studies linked in such articles, review disclaimers and learn basic things such as the difference between aerosol and droplets.  Doing so might elevate the quality and credibility of your posts instead of risking making an ass of yourself.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2021, 08:21:09 AM »

Best crawl in a hole to stay safe, and forget life for a while. This virus is here to keep us company a while. LOL!

Pandemic of lunacy.
I have a close friend that is triple vaxed, yet he is still in full pandemic mode.  He works, and that is about it.  He thinks I'm nuts (Which may be true).   Reality seems to be that a version of the Virus is going to be around for a while.  Getting vaxed and living life rather normally may be the best way to go.  I'm going to assert for some, the virus has provided an excuse to stay holed up and still be considered in the spectrum of normal.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2021, 09:22:31 AM »
I have a close friend that is triple vaxed, yet he is still in full pandemic mode.  He works, and that is about it.  He thinks I'm nuts (Which may be true).   Reality seems to be that a version of the Virus is going to be around for a while.  Getting vaxed and living life rather normally may be the best way to go.  I'm going to assert for some, the virus has provided an excuse to stay holed up and still be considered in the spectrum of normal.

Fathertime!

Well this recent small scale study out shows that if you do have natural immunity you're not bad off against the virus though I guess that would be kind of an obvious conclusion if you have natural immunity lol:

http://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

I think you're right though FT, there comes a time when there's the need to just get on with our lives. That's not to say necessarily not to take precautions, a bit of social distancing and mask wearing but end of the day life isn't forever for any if us here, might be kind of concerning if it was. For me while modern medicine tends to improve quality of life in old age I have to say that really old age isn't something that I would look forward to. Seeing images of frail old peeps shuffling around on Zimmer frames is something I don't think I would be all that keen to stick around for. So while I'm a fair way from that at present time can go quick and it's not something I'm anxious to hold onto life to get to.

My guess is that the Omicron wave may hopefully be the last wave where we have to keep our heads down then anything after will hopefully be even more milder that it'll pose a threat to virtually no one.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #390 on: December 22, 2021, 11:00:42 AM »
Ukraine has just detected first case of Omicron virus:

http://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-reports-its-first-case-omicron-coronavirus-variant-2021-12-18/

I'm kind of hoping after Omicron passes milder still variants will pop up and I'll be able to get out there this year. Hopefully Russian tanks won't stop me either :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »
COVID, CDC, mandates, air travel, lies, incompetent administration, protecting Americans, HEPA filters, masks and the silly boogeyman droplets… the truth behind the cocktail of Liberal BS many live by:

Where the heck Kamala Harris is in all of these. She still (likely) hasn’t spent the required time on the borders for proper assessment and management.

Who voted for these idiots?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2021, 01:59:01 PM »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
Here's a website devoted to those who view messages on COVID as fear -

http://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

How are the Democrats spreading fear?  Is saying hospitals are full of people with COVID spreading fear?  Is suggesting people be vaccinated and wear masks to minimize their risk of becoming ill, and possibly dying from COVID spreading fear?

Note - Asking as I don't understand this, not as an argument.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:46:22 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

« Reply #394 on: December 31, 2021, 04:53:54 AM »
http://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211224/first-omicron-death-in-u-s-was-reinfection

Dec. 24. 2021 -- The first confirmed death from the Omicron variant in the U.S. was a reinfection.

The man, who was in his 50s and lived in Harris County, Texas, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with COVID-19. He recently contracted the virus again, and it was confirmed as the Omicron variant.

Harris County health officials also said he faced a higher risk for severe complications because of underlying health conditions and being unvaccinated.

Note - Asking as I don't understand this, not as an argument.

There is a lot we don't understand about this virus, and an infinite amount we don't understand about people.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2022, 04:21:05 PM »
There is a lot we don't understand about this virus, and an infinite amount we
don't understand about people.

Siamo d'accordo
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BC

« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2022, 03:24:53 AM »

Offline BC

« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2022, 11:45:53 AM »
A study of more than 40,000 pregnant women finds no increased risk of preterm or small-for-gestational-age births among babies delivered by women who received COVID-19 vaccines.

The report, which includes data from Bloomington-based HealthPartners, follows a September study from the same research group that found pregnant women vaccinated against COVID-19 did not see an increased risk of miscarriages.
http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-study-provides-more-evidence-of-covid-19-vaccine-safety-for-pregnant-women/600132573/

Full study: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101e1.htm?s_cid=mm7101e1_w

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2022, 03:20:29 PM »
Well, got meself another jab today, this time it was for the HPV vaccine. In the UK and across much of the west kids in School get this jab for free. However when I was at School it was not around (think it only came out around 2008 ish) so I had to pay for it myself, a little expensive, I got it at £140, can be £160 or more. Anyhow it protects against neck, head & other cancers for guys later in life often transmitted through sex. Apparently you can get it even if using protection as the genital areas rub together. The risk for guys isn't the greatest but the risk is there. Essentially the more you have sex without having the vaccine then the more the off chance might be of getting some nasty cancer later in life as a result. So as I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things in about a couple of months I thought I it's worth shelling out for as you never know.

Now as said in the UK younger women will have had it, older women most likely not so. Out in Ukraine and a lot of Eastern Europe extremely few women young or older have had it, they just don't tend to do it out there yet. My guess is that the state can't afford it so no mass vaccinations for girls in School like we have here, not guys of course.

So the risks are of course a lot higher of contracting a HPV virus during sex. You may not even be aware of it, some your body deals with fine but always a possibility that you might not come of so good, eventually. I think in the US the statistic bounded around that about 50 percent of adults roughly have it at any one point. Not that they will necessarily have it long term as said it can be a short lived thing. Anyhow figured the figure will be likely much higher in Eastern Europe because of lack of vaccinations against it.

So thought it worth a mention for anyone looking to get with a woman over there. Prevention apparently a lot easier going than cure.

Other vaccines I am considering at some stage are Hepatitis B but that's only needed for unprotected sex so not as pressing at the moment and the Rabies vaccine. Quite a big problem out Ukraine way with dogs with Rabies more bigger than I had thought. Still not a high likelihood in the city centre of Capital or similar cities but you never know as they say. At the moment it's probably something again that's not too pressing as of course it can all add up but thought flag it up here for anyone interested.

Other than that booked in also for my now yearly Flu Vaccine later in September. They've apparently been having Flu badly down under in Australia so it looks like we'll get it bad when it's our Winter later in the year. Hopefully they will have gotten the formula right this year. Again if going out to the FSU in Flu season might be best to get a jab to avoid being put out of action, hopefully and of course avoid their not so great hospitals ;)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »
I had full blown Covid in December, after having moderna vax + booster (2 shots each) + 2 sputnick vaxes
was badly sick with Covid for a week
by week 2, was back to normal
except for the fatigue

about a month ago, got 3rd booster of half dose moderna
very little side effects

in 2020, I was terrified of Covid,
not so much now...

but I still wouldn't want to have it in the winter in Moscow!!!
especially, if I was an inexperienced English speaking person with no local contacts

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:51:09 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541381
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1776
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1769
Total: 1781

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill