It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Putin making noises about a declaration of war against Russia.  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Mad Vlad has said the number of western sanctions against Russia over Ukraine is akin to a
declaration of war against Russia.

If that's his thinking should NATO now be thinking "ok if that's what he thinks we might as well go in and obliterate his military and save Ukraine "?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:29:21 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Putin making noises about a declaration of war against Russia.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 10:43:17 AM »
Mad Vlad has said the number of western sanctions against Russia over Ukraine is akin to a

If that's his thinking should NATO now be thinking "ok if that's what he thinks we might as well go in and obliterate his military and save Ukraine "?

I agree completely.

There is going to be a war between the west and Russia.

It should be started immediately before thousands or millions of Ukrainians are slaughtered.

It is possible that if the west would only institute a no-fly zone over Ukraine, the Ukrainians would destroy the Russian terrorists invaders.

Remember the 'under resourced' South almost defeated the Union because the South was fighting on its territory.  Always a huge advantage.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 11:18:12 AM »

It should be started immediately before thousands or millions of Ukrainians are slaughtered.

It is possible that if the west would only institute a no-fly zone over Ukraine, the Ukrainians would destroy the Russian terrorists invaders.

Remember the 'under resourced' South almost defeated the Union because the South was fighting on its territory.  Always a huge advantage.

How many young Americans do you want to sacrifice for this? The USA doesn't
have the ability to protect Ukrainians in Ukraine. We would need to move
half a million troops to Europe to have a chance and we would always be
outnumbered, traveling further, logistics would be a nightmare and it
would take months and months just to get people and war materials
on location.

The war will be over before we got started.

No fly zone? How do you expect that to be possible? The Russians are
not camel herders who have sex with goats behind sand dunes. They
have 900K in their army and 2 million in the reserves 99% of them
are in Europe right now.

None of our allies would support us in war against Russia. Where are
we going to land our troops? Ukraine is not next to an Ocean, we can't
use carrier/sea based operations.

Maybe we could go through the North Sea land them in Gdynia? We can't
even get to Ukraine with heavy stuff. Sure we could fly a few airborne infantry
anywhere, but you are pissing into the ocean trying to raise the tide. 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:49:00 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »
Yes Bill, we know where your true feelings lay.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 11:33:22 AM »

I think Bill is looking at this through the lens of what it would take to be successful. He has obviously given it thought. It's a safe bet that US, NATO and European planners have looked at, and are continuing to look at, all options to neutralize Russia.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 11:40:07 AM »
on location.

are in Europe right now.

Maybe we could go through the North Sea land them in Gdansk? We can't

Overall, If the west were to launch a ground war, I think it is certain the west would prevail, in part because of all the European countries that would get involved.    Reality is the cost would be tremendous.  My belief is Putin would launch all the weaponry available to him to not lose.  Right or wrong, Ukraine has apparently been a red line for Russia.   On the whole, Russia doesn't seem to have many other red lines. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 11:45:24 AM »
Overall, If the west were to launch a ground war, I think it is certain the west would prevail, in part because of all the European countries that would get involved.    Reality is the cost would be tremendous.  My belief is Putin would launch all the weaponry available to him to not lose.  Right or wrong, Ukraine has apparently been a red line for Russia.   On the whole, Russia doesn't seem to have many other red lines. 

Fathertime!

His "red line" involves seizing sovereign territory?!? The same territory Russia provided border integrity guarantees earlier.

Once again, you fail to understand the peoples and their history which then undermines your ability to speak to their likely actions or motivations.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 12:19:52 PM »
on location.

are in Europe right now.

Maybe we could go through the North Sea land them in Gdansk? We can't
So the USA should have stayed at home during WW2 because it ticked the ‘too difficult box’?

Any war on the European continent would require mobilisation on a massive scale and a national effort.
It won’t be easy but it depends whether you believe life and liberty are worth fighting for, or does that only apply to American lives and liberty?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 12:29:17 PM »
So the USA should have stayed at home during WW2 because it ticked the ‘too difficult box’?

Any war on the European continent would require mobilisation on a massive scale and a national effort.
It won’t be easy but it depends whether you believe life and liberty are worth fighting for, or does that only apply to American lives and liberty?

In matters of a country's blood and treasure, there are undeniable nationalistic interests playing a decisive role.

I cannot speak for 2tallbill, but I know a number of Texans. The idea of knocking the teeth out of a bully would be quite appealing to most of the ones I know. I suspect it's true for 2tall as well. As I wrote earlier, I feel quite certain there are planners considering all options to neutralize Russian aggression. I doubt any action will be taken in time to save Ukraine as we currently know it, no matter how much I wish it might be different.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »
In matters of a country's blood and treasure, there are undeniable nationalistic interests playing a decisive role.

I cannot speak for 2tallbill, but I know a number of Texans. The idea of knocking the teeth out of a bully would be quite appealing to most of the ones I know. I suspect it's true for 2tall as well. As I wrote earlier, I feel quite certain there are planners considering all options to neutralize Russian aggression. I doubt any action will be taken in time to save Ukraine as we currently know it, no matter how much I wish it might be different.
They would be foolish if all options and scenarios are not being gamed.
There are no easy options, and yes, I agree that for Ukraine it will be too late.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 01:13:19 PM »

I joined the US Army during a war to liberate Kuwait. I've learned a lot since. Too many people are getting their emotions played by the media. It's easy to want to send someone else's kids to die for our agenda, in this case to liberate Ukraine. Too many years Russia has been blamed for everything and governments and the media has conditioned us to hate Russia. Much of what Russia was accused of wasn't true. Western governments and their media have intentionally angered Russia with false accusations. They have an agenda and it isn't good.

Russia would not have invaded Ukraine if they weren't backed into a corner. They've talked about their concerns for years only to be ignored by Western governments.

America would've gone to war with the Soviets if the Soviets didn't remove the nukes from Cuba. At the time, most Americans would be okay with Cuba civilians becoming collateral damage in an effort to take control of Cuba to remove the nukes.

I counted 11 biolabs Western governments installed in Ukraine. Western governments have allowed civilians like George Soros to get involved in creating the most deadly pathogens known to man. Toying with pathogens to see what they can evolve into and what they do to animals and human blood cells. These pathogens are considered biological weapons and weapons of mass destruction. Just because they are created outside our nations doesn't mean they don't violate treaties. Why did Western governments decide to do this in Ukraine instead of in our own countries where the risk of these pathogens escaping are significantly lower? Ukraine is still a corrupt nation. If you have a troubled kid who deals with cops on a regular basis, you don't give the kid a gun/biolab as he's more likely to be killed. Western governments risked the lives of Ukrainians for their own agenda. Western governments took their agenda too far. They aren't stupid. They pushed Russia to the limit and they were successful. They wanted this war like they wanted the war with Iraq.

So now we won't support Ukraine with troops but we give them enough weapons to drag out the war, the misery and increase the body count. America was involved in Vietnam for 12 years and had no strategy to quickly end the war. Currently America has no strategy to quickly end the war in Ukraine. Sanctions don't work. They never worked.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »

I joined the US Army during a war to liberate Kuwait. I've learned a lot since. 1. Too many people are getting their emotions played by the media.  It's easy to want to send someone else's kids to die for our agenda, in this case to liberate Ukraine. Too many years Russia has been blamed for everything and governments and the media has conditioned us to hate Russia. Much of what Russia was accused of wasn't true. Western governments and their media have intentionally angered Russia with false accusations. They have an agenda and it isn't good.

2. Russia would not have invaded Ukraine if they weren't backed into a corner. They've talked about their concerns for years only to be ignored by Western governments.

America would've gone to war with the Soviets if the Soviets didn't remove the nukes from Cuba. At the time, most Americans would be okay with Cuba civilians becoming collateral damage in an effort to take control of Cuba to remove the nukes.

3. I counted 11 biolabs Western governments installed in Ukraine. Western governments have allowed civilians like George Soros to get involved in creating the most deadly pathogens known to man. Toying with pathogens to see what they can evolve into and what they do to animals and human blood cells. These pathogens are considered biological weapons and weapons of mass destruction. Just because they are created outside our nations doesn't mean they don't violate treaties. Why did Western governments decide to do this in Ukraine instead of in our own countries where the risk of these pathogens escaping are significantly lower? Ukraine is still a corrupt nation. If you have a troubled kid who deals with cops on a regular basis, you don't give the kid a gun/biolab as he's more likely to be killed. Western governments risked the lives of Ukrainians for their own agenda. Western governments took their agenda too far. They aren't stupid. They pushed Russia to the limit and they were successful.  They wanted this war like they wanted the war with Iraq.

So now we won't support Ukraine with troops but we give them enough weapons to drag out the war, the misery and increase the body count. America was involved in Vietnam for 12 years and had no strategy to quickly end the war. Currently America has no strategy to quickly end the war in Ukraine. Sanctions don't work. They never worked.

1. The old trope of blaming the media wears thin. Most here are intelligent enough to review multiple sources and then draw their own conclusions. Media from sources around the globe display images of death, destruction and suffering of civilian populations. That is emotional.

Do you not recognize the supreme arrogance in claiming everyone is being misled by the media, but you are not?!? Can you not accept the FACT that others are just as intelligent, just as inquisitive, just as resourceful, and just as informed as you - but they come to a different conclusion?!?

2. Backed into a corner? Are you serious? Casting Russia as the victim is ludicrous.

3. This is QAnon nonsense. Utter bullshit.

Let's be clear .... this is a particularly emotional time for our members. In the past when major world events have struck, the normal moderation policies at RWD were relaxed. In retrospect, that was a mistake. Very recently off-topic and/or disruptive posts were summarily removed. That will continue so long as members fail to police themselves and keep their posts ON-TOPIC and RELEVANT. Posts targeting other members or containing content targeting other members will be summarily removed. Post containing inflammatory and unproven conspiracy theories will be summarily removed. Posts of any sort deemed by the moderators to be afield of our mission at RWD will be summarily removed.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 02:47:58 PM »

Indeed. The list of countries with active sanctions against Russia include: United States, UK, EU, Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, Ukraine, Albania, Iceland, Montenegro, Singapore, South Korea .... and I suspect I missed some.

Essentially Russia is saying all those nations declared war on Russia. While the argument is specious, the potential consequences could easily become profound. The United Nations Charter has made such declarations obsolete. Perhaps there is something in Russian law that comes into play. I seem to recall something about US law saying that if another country declares war on the US, it obviates any need for formal declaration on the part of the US - essentially saying that if another country declares war, then war is enjoined immediately.

Obviously this increases the threat of a broader war. It remains to be seen if it is mere sabre-rattling or far more egregious.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 03:19:16 PM »

. Too many people are getting their emotions played by the media. It's easy to want to send someone else's kids to die for our agenda, in this case to liberate Ukraine. Too many years Russia has been blamed for everything and governments and the media has conditioned us to hate Russia. Much of what Russia was accused of wasn't true. Western governments and their media have intentionally angered Russia with false accusations. They have an agenda and it isn't good.

I run into people that don't know much of anything but know that "Russia is bad".  They are watching the glossed over news which of course glosses over the complexity of the entire situation. 

Russia would not have invaded Ukraine if they weren't backed into a corner. They've talked about their concerns for years only to be ignored by Western governments.

I think the west was looking to push this towards a war situation.    Prior to anything happening militarily, there were solutions.  They would been more palatable to Russia than others but they are the big stick in the region so that is how the world operates.    Now, instead thousands or millions will eventually die.     

Fathertime!   

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2022, 04:09:30 PM »

No, obviously you don't. We don't have people, planes, tanks, beans
and bullets in place to have any chance of surviving much less beating
anyone.

You should Google D Day, if you want to know what is involved in
moving the men and materiel to a battle zone. You think we could
send in 10,000 airborne troops and defeat 200,000 Russians who 
have artillery, air support and heavy tanks?

You are not living in reality.

Did you look at the preparation we did before Desert Storm? We
spent 5 months gathering all the necessary implements of destruction
in place before we fired a single shot. 697,000 U.S. troops took part
in the war in Iraq.

You can reach Iraq with carrier based aircraft from the Mediterranean,
the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. That's three different directions.
Get out a map and tell me how to use aircraft carriers anywhere near
Ukraine and while you have your map out tell me about your no fly zone
that you posted about earlier.

I am 100% against Russia's invasion of Ukraine. I am also 100% against
sending young Americans to die without a plan. Tell me your plan.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Billy accidentally brings up a point
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2022, 04:38:58 PM »

America would have invaded Cuba and the Soviets could not have done a single
thing to stop us. Look at a map, the USA could totally overwhelm Cuba. The
US marines could land with both air and naval support. Cuba would be under
US control in weeks at the very worst and the Soviets were too far away to
do anything to help. Would the Soviets let the nukes fly to protect Castro
and his gang of misfits?

JUST LIKE WE ARE TOO FAR away from Ukraine to do anything to help.
It would take us 6 months to move half a million men, artillery, tanks,
hospitals, porta potty's and all the associated materiel to Poland. Ukraine
doesn't have 6 months to wait.

Would Russia let the nukes fly to prevent being soundly defeated in Ukraine?
That isn't quite the same as protecting some tiny little dictator on an island
beside the Florida Keys.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:46:35 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Putin making noises about a declaration of war against Russia.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 06:03:35 PM »

The USA did exactly that, until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor killing thousands
of Americans and Germany declared war on us.

Europe gets themselves into stupid predicaments all the time. They had alliances
on top of alliances so that if an Arch Duke gets shot the whole continent goes to
war. (Yes, I admit that I over simplified).

Then the US helps Europe end the war and they allow Hitler to happen and
don't do anything until he grows to strong to do anything about it.

Now look at the Europeans. They let their forces dwindle down to nothing
and there is not a single country in the EU that can protect themselves from
foreign invasion and now they think that the US needs to drop everything and
fix things again?

The USA has agreements to send our sons and daughters to defend several
European countries that don't have any Army or Navy of their own so they
can spend the money paying freeloaders to suck on the government teat
rather than defend themselves from bullies that live nearby.

I love Ukraine, I have friends there and here in the US. We have no
agreements to defend Ukraine, yet we helped them more than any country
in Europe has.

Boris Johnson has recently reaffirmed his support for Ukraine with £88 million.

The USA has given Ukraine billions. That is more than any 20 European
nations combined. We also have a lot further to travel to do any help.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:47:08 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »

Remind me what happened to the UK army when they tried to defend France
from Germany before they were prepared to do so.

The USA needs 6 or more months of literally moving mountains to be able to
defend Ukraine. (If it were Mexico we could be there tomorrow). Otherwise we
would be looking at Dunkirk and jumping into a fight unprepared is totally
unacceptable.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2022, 06:45:13 PM »
I've got to say I agree with 2tallbill on this one while an Army can be moved from the other side of the world and win a victory it creates great effort, expense and of course crucially time. Time is something that in theory we may be short of if Russia attacked the EU, I'm pretty sure it won't as the EU has France which has Nukes plus there are easier targets and Russia may be wanting to focus on their economy soon.

Strategically it's better for the EU to form a NATO like organisation. Each member retaining its own armed forces but lending a portion of its armed forces to EU Treaty Organisation. In the past forming a EU Army has been touted around but has fallen flat as Member States don't want the EU gaining what could eventually amount to full control of their military and then be totally dominated by the EU.

Main thing is it's easier for the EU to move around forces as way less distance than the US is to the EU. It's kind of been laughable that the response from NATO so far is to move troops a few thousand at a time to the EU border with Russia. A few extra thousand is nothing against the million strong troops Russia has in total or even a couple of hundred thousand for an invasion. In theory of the EU got its act together it could take charge of Europe's defense's in the East of the EU yet it appears so far incapable as it is on so many other matters of doing such. The EU has more than enough Member States with sizable armies to cobble together a credible defence but it instead is still relying on NATO and getting a free ride on a lot of its defence by NATO members the US and the UK. Trump noticed that and told the other NATO members, mostly EU members to raise their finances for NATO to what they should be, some small movement on that but it's taken until this crises for Germany to commit to 2 percent of GDP as they should have been all along.

So it's all down to whether the EU and their member states will properly wake up now and take some serious action to step up to what they should have been providing for all along, their defence of their countries.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline fathertime

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2022, 07:18:38 PM »
anyone.

While I mostly agree with Bill on his take, if nukes weren't on the table, I do think we have enough of everything to get the job done and done rather swiftly actually. It would indeed come at a great loss but that wouldn't be the issue though.  Perhaps leadership has coldly made the calculation that Ukrainian lives are better sacrificed for now to achieve the greater goal.  To make certain Russia is a pariah state mired in a war, while not risking a nuclear escalation.  All solutions are bad, but this may be the least bad strictly from US strategy standpoint. 

Fathertime!   

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 07:27:21 PM »
anyone.

You should Google D Day, if you want to know what is involved in
moving the men and materiel to a battle zone. You think we could
send in 10,000 airborne troops and defeat 200,000 Russians who 
have artillery, air support and heavy tanks?

You are not living in reality.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. /sarcasm

Supposedly Ukraine didn't have the  people, planes, tanks, beans and bullets in place to have any chance of surviving more than 72 hours either.  It was a foregone conclusion by both East and West that Ukraine didn't have a chance.

The US would not be invading a hostile country, like D-Day and Desert Storm if we instituted a no-fly zone over Ukraine.  And yes, we DO have 200,000 troops already in place with tanks, artillery, and infantry...200,000 Ukrainian troops who are already fighting the Russians.

I'm sure that if the US offered to institute a no-fly zone over Ukraine, Ukraine would have no problem agreeing to allow the US to establish an airbase in western Ukraine somewhere. (or use the existing airport in Lviv.)  Moldova is scared Russia plans to invade them next.  Do you think Moldova would have any problem with the US having an airbase there?  Latvia and Lithuania are worried Russia might try to take them back under Soviet control.  Do you think they would have a problem with a US airbase?

F-22 Raptors could be based all over Europe and be able to cover Ukraine, especially with refueling tankers.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 07:32:21 PM »

I love Ukraine, I have friends there and here in the US. We have no
agreements to defend Ukraine,
yet we helped them more than any country
in Europe has.

cough cough...Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances.
The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »

1. The old trope of blaming the media wears thin. Most here are intelligent enough to review multiple sources and then draw their own conclusions. Media from sources around the globe display images of death, destruction and suffering of civilian populations. That is emotional.

Do you not recognize the supreme arrogance in claiming everyone is being misled by the media, but you are not?!? Can you not accept the FACT that others are just as intelligent, just as inquisitive, just as resourceful, and just as informed as you - but they come to a different conclusion?!?

People here regularly mention those living under authoritarian governments are misled by government controlled media. The difference between those people and Americans is most of those people under authoritarian governments understand they are fed propaganda and most Americans still trust their media. Everyday for years we were fed the Trump Russia collusion hoax when no evidence existed. After tens of millions spent to investigate. Check my previous posts. I supported the investigation. Nothing was found so I realized the media duped us. Let's not be fooled twice. Our media isn't what it used to be. Who here fails to see that? They are currently feeding us propaganda. Now they are working up people's emotions to support a larger war. Seriously, who here wants this war to be much bigger than what it is now? How did we get to the point so many people WANT WW3 risking your family's lives and America's economy to teach Putin a lesson? Propaganda is a powerful tool.

3. This is QAnon nonsense. Utter bullshit.

QAnon does not exist. The media made it up. Google every media article on the subject. Look at the claims the media made about QAnon. Then read every post Q made on a forum. You'll then realize the media is lying.... again. Why are they so afraid of Q? People on this forum regularly attack Biden and the Democrats and they don't get hammered by CNN and the NY Times. People at this forum don't get their names mentioned by Democrats as high level as Hillary and Biden at the Democratic conventions accusing them of making up stories that Democrats are aliens sucking up the blood of children. People on this forum don't get the label RWDAnon to throw the public off and turn them off to RWD. Nobody here has said anything about Democrats that got them worried. Much of the Republican party is in bed with the Democrats. They aren't much better.

The Western media fails to tell us that Western nations are using Ukraine to create dangerous pathogens next door to Russia and Putin could be saving billions of lives if he's successful in shutting those labs down. How many here knew about those biolabs before I brought it up? You guys know what the media said. As proof, I linked a Ukraine webpage previously of a Ukrainian biolab studying the plague and stating where their funding comes from, George Soros being one of the donors.

Check every Western media factcheck and they call the biolabs disinformation. The media is lying to us on most things about this war. Sure, they can tell us the truth about the weather and sports but when it comes to politics, trust nothing they say, especially now since they are working on our emotions to promote support for an escalation of the war in Ukraine. Under the circumstances, supporting escalation of this war to get achieve peace isn't going to work.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/02/25/fact-check-claim-us-biolabs-ukraine-disinformation/6937923001/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2022, 08:31:57 PM »
People here regularly mention those living under authoritarian governments are misled by government controlled media. The difference between those people and Americans is most of those people under authoritarian governments understand they are fed propaganda and most Americans still trust their media. Everyday for years we were fed the Trump Russia collusion hoax when no evidence existed. After tens of millions spent to investigate. Check my previous posts. I supported the investigation. Nothing was found so I realized the media duped us. Let's not be fooled twice. Our media isn't what it used to be. Who here fails to see that? They are currently feeding us propaganda. Now they are working up people's emotions to support a larger war. Seriously, who here wants this war to be much bigger than what it is now? How did we get to the point so many people WANT WW3 risking your family's lives and America's economy to teach Putin a lesson? Propaganda is a powerful tool.

QAnon does not exist. The media made it up. Google every media article on the subject. Look at the claims the media made about QAnon. Then read every post Q made on a forum. You'll then realize the media is lying.... again. Why are they so afraid of Q? People on this forum regularly attack Biden and the Democrats and they don't get hammered by CNN and the NY Times. People at this forum don't get their names mentioned by Democrats as high level as Hillary and Biden at the Democratic conventions accusing them of making up stories that Democrats are aliens sucking up the blood of children. People on this forum don't get the label RWDAnon to throw the public off and turn them off to RWD. Nobody here has said anything about Democrats that got them worried. Much of the Republican party is in bed with the Democrats. They aren't much better.

The Western media fails to tell us that Western nations are using Ukraine to create dangerous pathogens next door to Russia and Putin could be saving billions of lives if he's successful in shutting those labs down. How many here knew about those biolabs before I brought it up? You guys know what the media said. As proof, I linked a Ukraine webpage previously of a Ukrainian biolab studying the plague and stating where their funding comes from, George Soros being one of the donors.

Check every Western media factcheck and they call the biolabs disinformation. The media is lying to us on most things about this war. Sure, they can tell us the truth about the weather and sports but when it comes to politics, trust nothing they say, especially now since they are working on our emotions to promote support for an escalation of the war in Ukraine. Under the circumstances, supporting escalation of this war to get achieve peace isn't going to work.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/02/25/fact-check-claim-us-biolabs-ukraine-disinformation/6937923001/
If this isn’t bullshit it most certainly stinks of every other variety of odure imaginable.

Offline ML

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2022, 08:56:49 PM »
Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances.
The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.

Note: The purpose of this brief is to remind us what the Budapest Memorandum does and does not contain.
Personally, I hope the USA will come to the aid of Ukraine militarily in a significant manner.
But this is not the same as proclaiming that the USA has an obligation under the Budapest Memorandum to do so.
In fact, a careful reading will reveal that the USA did not agree to take ANY action, other than:
- take the matter to the UN Security Council should Ukraine be attacked by nuclear weapons.

Lessons:

1) The Ukrainian officials who signed the Budapest Memorandum did a profound disservice to the Ukrainian people.
2) Because of what the world is witnessing with respect to Ukraine, we should not realistically expect that North Korea, Iran, et al will ever agree to give up nuclear weapons or cease trying to develop such.
3) Russians (from the very beginning) do not intend to abide by anything they say or sign.  Agreements (even in sports) are only to bind the other parties, not the Russians. They laugh at those who (continually) don't understand this.

According to the memorandum (5 December 1994), Russia, the US and the UK confirmed their recognition of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine becoming parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and effectively abandoning their nuclear arsenal to Russia and that they would:

Respect Belarusian, Kazakh and Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.
Refrain from the threat or the use of force against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to influence their politics.
Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".
Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
Consult with one another if questions arise regarding those commitments.

China and France gave security assurances for Ukraine in separate documents. China's governmental statement of 4 December 1994 did not call for mandatory consultations if questions arose but only for "fair consultations". France's declaration of 5 December 1994 did not mention consultations.

On 4 March 2014, the Russian president Vladimir Putin replied to a question on the violation of the Budapest Memorandum, describing the current Ukrainian situation as a revolution: "a new state arises, but with this state and in respect to this state, we have not signed any obligatory documents."

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2022, 10:56:30 PM »

Billy, I trust MY interpretation of the media sources I reference to aid me with MY understanding of world events. I may be wrong or misled, but that's MY choice. In fact, it has come to my attention that Trump is really the deepest of deep-state members, leading all the way back to his grandfather with connections to German banking. If I am 'disappeared' after posting this you will know it is true. There are no authorities to tell because they are all in on it. Sheez!

Stop proselytizing!

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2022, 02:59:57 AM »
Remind me what happened to the UK army when they tried to defend France
from Germany before they were prepared to do so.

The USA needs 6 or more months of literally moving mountains to be able to
defend Ukraine. (If it were Mexico we could be there tomorrow). Otherwise we
would be looking at Dunkirk and jumping into a fight unprepared is totally
unacceptable.

How long would it take for the B-52's and F-15's based in the UK to reach Ukraine ?

UK fighters could support too...and all the rest of the European countries .

That 40 mile convoy of Russian troops and armour rolling toward Kiev would be a good target for a start.

Ukraine doesn't need ground support and they're not asking for it..it needs air support..which makes all your arguments about 6 month delays in getting USA troops over there irrelevant.

You say you love Ukraine and have Ukrainian friends but you're content that we sit by and watch the country get flattened..look what he's doing to Kharkiv..what's he going to do to Kiev and Odessa ?

If we're too terrified that Mad Vlad might push the red button in response that's a different story...but let's not hear excuses that it will take too long for our military being able to help Ukraine.

One other thing ..if we're sooo scared that Mad Vlad might Nuke us ..well he might decide to do that anyway on some pretext he's thought up...at anytime.

He's already threatened us twice since he invaded Ukraine.

For all we know he could be planning to Nuke the USA  for the comments made by Lindsey Graham ...he's unhinged enough.

Do we all want to live in fear,while he does what he wants, until he eventually dies or do we call his bluff and stand up to him ?

Personally i'd rather have those amazing Ukrainian troops fighting by our side..rather than losing them to Russian air strikes while we sit by and wring our hands.

If he invades Latvia,Estonia,Poland or Lithuania which will force our hand into confronting him we're going to seriously regret not saving Ukraine.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 03:46:31 AM by Chelseaboy »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2022, 04:41:41 AM »

How long would it take for the B-52's and F-15's based in the UK to reach Ukraine ?

UK fighters could support too...and all the rest of the European countries .

That 40 mile convoy of Russian troops and armour rolling toward Kiev would be a good target for a start.

Ukraine doesn't need ground support and they're not asking for it..it needs air support..which makes all your arguments about 6 month delays in getting USA troops over there irrelevant.

You say you love Ukraine and have Ukrainian friends but you're content that we sit by and watch the country get flattened..look what he's doing to Kharkiv..what's he going to do to Kiev and Odessa ?

If we're too terrified that Mad Vlad might push the red button in response that's a different story...but let's not hear excuses that it will take too long for our military being able to help Ukraine.

One other thing ..if we're sooo scared that Mad Vlad might Nuke us ..well he might decide to do that anyway on some pretext he's thought up...at anytime.

He's already threatened us twice since he invaded Ukraine.

For all we know he could be planning to Nuke the USA  for the comments made by Lindsey Graham ...he's unhinged enough.

Do we all want to live in fear,while he does what he wants, until he eventually dies or do we call his bluff and stand up to him ?

Personally i'd rather have those amazing Ukrainian troops fighting by our side..rather than losing them to Russian air strikes while we sit by and wring our hands.

If he invades Latvia,Estonia,Poland or Lithuania which will force our hand into confronting him we're going to seriously regret not saving Ukraine.

You have vastly oversimplified the problems at hand to the point of being
ridiculous. Sidenote: 33 B52's were shot down in Vietnam using 1960's
technology.

What have I said that makes you think that I am content with the invasion?

I'm sure that if the US offered to institute a no-fly zone over Ukraine, Ukraine would have no problem agreeing to allow the US to establish an airbase in western Ukraine somewhere. (or use the existing airport in Lviv.) 

Ukraine can't protect a forward airbase in Lviv anymore than they can protect
themselves thus necessitating the huge buildup of men, munitions and materiel. 
Flying aircraft sorties attacking Russian troops would bring on immediate
attacks that neither the US nor Ukraine is currently able to defend against.

What you are asking is for the USA to start WWIII because of loved ones
there. There is not a single NATO country who would be in favor of doing
what you ask.

Maybe we could give planes to Ukraine to have their pilots fly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 04:48:20 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2022, 05:06:46 AM »
technology.

What have I said that makes you think that I am content with the invasion ?

So if B-52's are so ineffective ,what's the point in stationing them in the UK for the benefit of NATO ?

Sounds like they may as well be scrapped if so..and save on maintenance costs.

I didn't say you were content with the invasion..i'm sure you're as appalled as anyone with any human decency.

I said you were content with NATO standing by and doing nothing in response.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:11:10 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline BC

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2022, 05:22:33 AM »

So if B-52's are so ineffective ,what's the point in stationing them in the UK for the benefit of NATO ?

Answer: Official version they are part of a military exercise.  Unofficial version nuclear deterrent, as they are qualified for carrying nuclear weapons.  Not all aircraft are nuclear-capable.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2022, 05:28:44 AM »
They're not a very good Nuclear deterrent if they're shot down so easily.

From what Bill was saying they'd never reach their destination and they're more likely to crash into another country after being shot down and Nuke them !!

If you're in Norway,Sweden or Finland you wouldn't want them flying anywhere near you would you ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:34:29 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline BC

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2022, 05:50:54 AM »
They'll act as a mop-up crew.  By then nuke missiles will have hit their target wiping out a lot of air defense capabilities, radar, and such.

By then, we'll have already put our heads between our knees and kissed our asses goodbye, praying for a direct strike.  I doubt many will want to live in a post-apocalyptic world.  I wouldn't.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2022, 07:04:49 AM »
technology.

What have I said that makes you think that I am content with the invasion?

Ukraine can't protect a forward airbase in Lviv anymore than they can protect
themselves thus necessitating the huge buildup of men, munitions and materiel. 
Flying aircraft sorties attacking Russian troops would bring on immediate
attacks that neither the US nor Ukraine is currently able to defend against.

What you are asking is for the USA to start WWIII because of loved ones
there. There is not a single NATO country who would be in favor of doing
what you ask.

Maybe we could give planes to Ukraine to have their pilots fly.

Worse: The Russian Federation owns S400 SAM, a deadly umbrella.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »

Putin apparently followed on after, "but thank God it has not come to that".

Though of course he told the German Chancellor that he did not wish for war then went ahead with a war.

I personally don't think Putin will attack the west at least not if we don't militarily intervene in Ukraine. War against NATO is not winnable by Russia, not only we have a strong army but we also have Nukes etc. Hell if the Russian army is having trouble getting up the road just a few miles in from their border it doesn't leave them with much hope for conquering all of Europe lol.

I personally think sod it, if Putin wants to threaten war or even have war on the west over sanctions then let him go do it. I don't think we should feel bullied into trading with someone we don't wish to, that's our choice and we shouldn't back down from that.

I don't think though we should respond with military intervention its in our hands not to so let's not give Putin the gift he seeks or anyone else by being dragged into this conflict. Again it's in our power not to get involved in military intervention and hence war for ourselves. It kind of irks me when I hear random sporadic politicians pushing for it as if it's in the cards. It's really not and yes we can avoid it if we just keep calm and not be impulsive. We have to remember this isn't our fight, it's for Russians and Ukrainians to fight it out among themselves and we're best of keeping our of it and not having random politicians talk us into war.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2022, 05:07:47 PM »

They are excellent at killing goat herders and the camel dung markets
in Krapistan. They are not a match for hand held sams and other antiaircraft
missiles.

I didn't say you were content with the invasion..i'm sure you're as appalled as anyone with any human decency.

I said you were content with NATO standing by and doing nothing in response.

That's a false dichotomy/false dilemma fallacy of reasoning. Either we do nothing
or we start WWIII and NATO goes berserk. Germany, France and many others
will leave NATO. Don't forget about the US Congress which has to vote to wage
war against Russia. I don't know what the UK would do or the process there,
does the Queen weigh in, or the Prime minister? Let me know. 

Another option, we can send them jets, javelin fire and forget antitank missiles,
stinger missiles and other useful aid so they can better defend themselves.   

There is no excellent option that I can think of at this date.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:12:37 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2022, 12:21:43 AM »

1.  Soros was booted out of Ukraine before the Orange Revolution.  So he isn't funding anything there.

2.  Your prior link to a lab in Odesa was not to a weapons lab. 

3.  The only people making the claim there are biolabs in Ukraine are Russia, which started this in 2020, and more recently, China.  A thinking person would question why Russia is making such claims, rather than linking Russian source telegram accounts and would recognize this as a false flag operation - disinformation for useful idiots and the gullible.

4.  QAnon is not organized, but it does exist.  My kids, to amuse themselves durilng lockdown, registered on the QAnon website and used to troll them, so expertly (mostly about invermectin and vaccines), that the posters thought their "ideas" were absolutely brilliant.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2022, 09:18:36 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah. /sarcasm

Supposedly Ukraine didn't have the  people, planes, tanks, beans and bullets in place to have any chance of surviving more than 72 hours either.  It was a foregone conclusion by both East and West that Ukraine didn't have a chance.

The US would not be invading a hostile country, like D-Day and Desert Storm if we instituted a no-fly zone over Ukraine.  And yes, we DO have 200,000 troops already in place with tanks, artillery, and infantry...200,000 Ukrainian troops who are already fighting the Russians.

I'm sure that if the US offered to institute a no-fly zone over Ukraine, Ukraine would have no problem agreeing to allow the US to establish an airbase in western Ukraine somewhere. (or use the existing airport in Lviv.)  Moldova is scared Russia plans to invade them next.  Do you think Moldova would have any problem with the US having an airbase there?  Latvia and Lithuania are worried Russia might try to take them back under Soviet control.  Do you think they would have a problem with a US airbase?

F-22 Raptors could be based all over Europe and be able to cover Ukraine, especially with refueling tankers.

Moldova is scared because it has a  constant reminder ,Transnistria since 1992.
The 14th battalion of the.Russian army is stationed there ever since it helped the.seperatist( this  should sound like a familiar game play). Break a section of the country off.

Russua pours 20.million euro into that little sliver of land between Moldova and ukrsine.annually, allegedly 70% of the regions budget.
Its obviously very strategically important to Russua and as such this is equally concerning to NATO as putins claims of his own nations security concerns .

Perhaps before his news sound bites he should look at a map of his  countries holding in Europe and offer them.up since they are indeed serious  security threats to EU nations.(especially kaliningrad)

His hard stance is ridiculous in.light of nuclear capable missles  in kaliningrad.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
Worse: The Russian Federation owns S400 SAM, a deadly umbrella.

Moldova is scared because it has a  constant reminder ,Transnistria since 1992.
The 14th battalion of the.Russian army is stationed there ever since it helped the.seperatist( this  should sound like a familiar game play). Break a section of the country off.

I said it was very complicated because it is.

Thank you both for pointing out the factors as to why the USA is
not prepared to defend Ukraine. Ukraine is mostly indefensible from
a terrain/geography standpoint. Look at Russian troops in Moldova,
Belarus, the Black Sea, Crimea and Russia itself. Russia can attack
from nearly every point on the compass.

There is no secure place for an airforce/airport to provide close ground
support for their army or to attack/repel invaders.

Imagine Russia having the very deadly S400 SAM system in each of the places
that Russia has troop concentrations, you can see the difficulty that anyone
would have enforcing any sort of "no fly zone"

It would be the West's no fly zone, rather than Russian.

In addition keeping the Polish border relatively open is extremely valuable
for Ukraine. If Russia were to rush to the border, it would be far more difficult
for civilians to escape or to get valuable supplies both military and humanitarian
into Ukraine.

Russia doesn't want Russian troops close to the Polish border because of the
chances of escalation increase exponentially when opposing armies are in
such close proximity to each other.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2022, 04:02:14 PM »
How many young Americans do you want to sacrifice for this? The USA doesn't have the ability to protect Ukrainians in Ukraine. We would need to move half a million troops to Europe to have a chance and we would always be outnumbered, traveling further, logistics would be a nightmare and it would take months and months just to get people and war materials on location.
You don’t need to move ground troops to establish a no fly zone. It is rockets that are needed. How did you set up this zone in Iraq? I don’t think it was too costly in terms of American casualties was it?
The Russians are not camel herders who have sex with goats behind sand dunes. They
are in Europe right now.
Well, actually they ARE.

We are actually surprised a lot here to see them in their shabby tanks wearing Soviet steel helmets and having other obsolete equipment in a bad state. We call them bomjaheds (bomj + mojahed, where bomj is an abbreviation that stands for без определённого места жительства (without any permanent abode) and basically means a bum, a slovenly person hanging around, and mojahed is an Afghan fighter). The truth is that Russia spends crazy money for propaganda and a lot of money for the army but 99% of it is embezzled.

To be true, we had not expected that themselves. For the first couple of days some here were scared that we deal with the worst part of the Russian army, and the elite troops are to come. Now we realize that it WAS the elite troops.

As for the numbers, I have always said that one true free Kozak is worth a hundred moskali (Russian enlisted men). Freedom fighters who defend their country fight much better than cannon fodder driven to death by stupid commanders who cannot care less how many of their soldiers die. One thousand dead Nazis a day is typical for the last two weeks in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:04:03 PM by Boethius »
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Putin making noises
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2022, 06:55:05 PM »
You don’t need to move ground troops to establish a no fly zone. It is rockets that are needed. How did you set up this zone in Iraq? I don’t think it was too costly in terms of American casualties was it?Well, actually they ARE.

I answered this question from a different member. With Iraq, The USA could
launch airplanes from carriers from three different places, the Med, the Red
Sea and the Persian Gulf. They could do this with relative safety as the US
Navy is very difficult to attack.

There is no similar body of water to do this near Ukraine. The planes would
have to be land based and we would have to fly over Russian positions to
do this from every direction but the West.

Right now the Western route is relatively open for sending munitions,
materiel and supplies to Ukraine. If we started flying sorties from the
West, it would cause Russia to close this off at all costs. Once Americans
and Russians start shooting at each other, WWIII actually begins.

Sadamn Insane did not have the same technology for SAMS that Russia
does. It would get costly in terms of lives very quick.

I think that Putin underestimated Ukrainians. I don't know why anyone
would do that. Ukraine has a very long history of fighting very heroically
dating back countless centuries. Surely, they had history books back when
Putin went to school.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541020
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2154
Total: 2162

+-Recent Posts

Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML by Bee Farmer
Today at 10:12:54 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM