It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Uniting Ukraine  (Read 3404 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Uniting Ukraine
« on: August 06, 2022, 07:12:16 AM »

Not sure if the Uniting for Ukraine would be a good option for men not wanting to have to marry a woman after her only being here for 90 days under the K1. I would think it would be a red flag for the government if they started seeing men applying to bring a woman here.

http://www.dhs.gov/ukraine

Offline Goombah

Re: Uniting Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »
I read that announcement when it came out.  Its one of those "devil in the details" things that sounds great on the surface, but...

Two big obstacles for us:  1)  The Ukrainian needs to find a sponsor, this isn't like the UK placement system where you just sign up and they match you with somebody.  2)  The sponsor has to take on full financial responsibility for whomever comes over - food, board, and the killer for me:  health cost. 

At a minimum the health cost part is hardly talked about.  They are not USA citizens or even green card holders, so its unclear to me if they would qualify for obamacare - and if they did would the price be based on their income (zero, or perhaps $15/hr working at McDonalds), or the sponsors income?

If it wasn't for the health care, we would probably have invited a family to live with us.   We had a downstairs apartment that would have worked well, but my 97 year old mother recently moved into it.

Suspect the best thing most of us can do now is donate to http://u24.gov.ua.  I have.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Uniting Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 08:59:59 AM »
I'm still a little on the fence on this one as a UK guy with the Homes For Ukraine scheme the UK runs. Essentially it seems a lot easier deal than the US scheme you mention but you only get the government £350 a month thank you for a year for taking in at least one Ukrainian refugee. So your not actually allowed to charge rent so whether that means after a year you can't kick them out nor charge rent I don't know. I can see it being said that they have nowhere else to go. My place isn't quite done yet so wouldn't be suitable at this moment.

The feminists over here have been kicking up a stink about single guys taking in Ukrainian girls. They don't have any idea of their culture but insist on plowing in with their own warped vision quick to throw accusations around.

I've joined a few Facebook Ukrainian refugee groups to see the types of girls trying to get a sponsor to come to the UK. Some pretty girls there but my impression is the young pretty female girls aren't likely in need of being a refugee but are likely using it to get ahead. Many want to head to London and it will be tough there to find those wanting to take them on as room rents far exceed the £350 a month. Some are career women potentially, after a good well paying job in say IT or similar. Others may be on the scout for a wealthy guy possibly a young wealthy guy or maybe even a guy just to get with to get permanent citizen status through marriage.

My reading of the situation is that if you took them on and they weren't interested in you then they would be after another dude to satisfy them. Their choice of course but my guess is that they will soon recognise that there is a big choice of men to explore and they will probably be off doing that. How long they might stay before going off with some guy who knows the more prettier probably won't hang around long.

Currently there are now over 100,000 Ukrainian refugees in the country. I wonder if their dating culture might filter through into making the UK society a better place and we take on some of their ways. Or if some of our bad dating culture might filter back to Ukraine and mess it up there. My thoughts are that Ukrainian society and economy will probably avoid that from happening. In the end there might not be that much effect either way, we'll just have to see.

I'm not so sure if taking in a Ukrainian girl is a good way of landing a Ukrainian girl, a guy might get one that way but my thoughts are that odds are, knowing a little about Ukrainian girls is that they will probably be out to get the best they can get and the Landlord dude will cease to be relevant if he doesn't fulfil what she is setting out for.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1926
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1918
Total: 1928

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM