It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krakow & Lviv tour  (Read 78500 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Krakow & Lviv tour
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
You never did absorb data, well..

As I pointed out before .. I had an instance with a RU lass that regularly attended biz conferences at the five star hotel she suggested - she DID say to book the aprt- hotel and I didn't understand ...

She would not come back to my hotel room and *I* thought it was an 'excuse' .... She came to visit me at my home in CY and then I rented a house in Gelendzhik ...NO hang ups ...

Then there's the decent hotels that require all guest to have key cards ..

You carry on with your 'advice', Trench ...Guys who read such (and apply it ) will NOT be thanking you or JayH  :cluebat:

Did you pay for her to visit your home in CY?

So you are saying she had a hang up over the hotel room thing?

This would jar with the two ladies I had met both in their thirties who had never heard of such a thing or at least thought it ridiculous.

I would be keen to know what the difference was here.

Perhaps it was more that she did not want a one night stand that a hotel room deal might allure to. That instead a residence and/or stay at a residence meant a more permanent footing for a relationship as opposed to a quick hook up.

I am not sure that the two younger ladies in their twenties both stated the prostitute thing for a laugh or necessarily to have me on in the fullest sense of the meaning. I think it wad perhaps more an overstatement that they meant that they did not want to be used merely for sexual gratification but that they wanted a more permanent relationship and in their mind being invited to a residence personified this. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this Mobers.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2018, 07:23:45 PM »
Just thought it worth adding here that I've also found out that the thing about Ukrainian/FSW refusing to go in hotels or they will be deemed 'prostitutes' is a load of BS.

No, it is not BS.
I have experienced such with several FSU women who were not prudes or shy about anything else and were very confident women.  But they would not even go into hotel lobby while I picked up newspaper or some such.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #377 on: July 16, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »
I agree with ML.

Even the prostitutes won't go in the lobby when they are coming to see me.  And I always thought it was because they didn't want to be seen with me.

:cluebat:

Seriously, if women are coming to meet you, they will either be there with a friend or they will wait outside.  FSU women are very sensitive to the way they are viewed by the public.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2018, 01:52:22 AM »
Did you pay for her to visit your home in CY?

As I remember - NO - she refused the offer of payment

So you are saying she had a hang up over the hotel room thing?

Can you TRY reading ? YES, she didn't want to come back to my hotel room - but had no problems with apartments

This would jar with the two ladies I had met both in their thirties who had never heard of such a thing or at least thought it ridiculous.

Hmm, but who are folks going to believe ?  YOU ... with your chaotic and ever changing 'advice' for guys how NOT to date FSU women - or me ... ? ;)

I would be keen to know what the difference was here.

One of us really was getting somewhere ?

Perhaps it was more that she did not want a one night stand that a hotel room deal might allure to. That instead a residence and/or stay at a residence meant a more permanent footing for a relationship as opposed to a quick hook up.

No - as previously posted - her reasoning was QUITE clear ...  This was no quick hook-up ...

I am not sure that the two younger ladies in their twenties both stated the prostitute thing for a laugh or necessarily to have me on in the fullest sense of the meaning. I think it wad perhaps more an overstatement that they meant that they did not want to be used merely for sexual gratification but that they wanted a more permanent relationship and in their mind being invited to a residence personified this. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this Mobers.

I have no idea how serious - or not - your 'company' was about jumping your bones ... so you'll excuse me if *I* don't guess ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #379 on: July 19, 2018, 03:52:48 AM »
No, it is not BS.
I have experienced such with several FSU women who were not prudes or shy about anything else and were very confident women.  But they would not even go into hotel lobby while I picked up newspaper or some such.

I think there may perhaps be some other reason why they did not want to go in. The two women I met seemed adament that the prostitute thing was a load of rubbish - and to be honest it always sounded weird with me just for walking in a building and going up some stairs. I don't see why it should be different to anywhere else. ML I assume their hang up was for other reasons. I can't thing the two women I met knew nothing off it and others do I would have thought it would be universally known one way or the other.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:54:30 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2018, 03:57:09 AM »
Can you TRY reading ? YES, she didn't want to come back to my hotel room - but had no problems with apartments

Did she state why there was a difference for her?

Offline msmob

« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »
Did she state why there was a difference for her?

YES, but is it only you that has difficult understanding .... ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #382 on: July 19, 2018, 10:53:10 AM »
YES, but is it only you that has difficult understanding .... ?

Which was? I don't recall you stating the difference.

Offline msmob

« Reply #383 on: July 19, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
TRY reading the thread ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
TRY reading the thread ..

You just say you 'thought it was an excuse' that she wouldn't go back with you to your Hotel room.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »
I think there may perhaps be some other reason why they did not want to go in.

Several very experienced men have told you their experiences and thoughts on the matter.
You have ignored the advantages of playing house or entertaining or many of the other
advantages. You've made up your mind, so why spend time arguing about it?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:02 PM »
You just say you 'thought it was an excuse' that she wouldn't go back with you to your Hotel room.

I also mentioned her attitude when NOT offered a hotel room ..

Are you ALWAYS this 'perceptive' ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
I also mentioned her attitude when NOT offered a hotel room ..

Are you ALWAYS this 'perceptive' ?

But you didn't state her reason, did she state that she thought it was place where prostitutes gather? Lol.

Offline msmob

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:33 PM »
But you didn't state her reason, did she state that she thought it was place where prostitutes gather? Lol.

Poor 'ol Trenchie, when he ( appears to ) get it .. he 'ruins' it by thinking it can't be true ...

'We bow' to your 'experience' in such matters ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:52 AM »
Poor 'ol Trenchie, when he ( appears to ) get it .. he 'ruins' it by thinking it can't be true ...

'We bow' to your 'experience' in such matters ...

So how do you reconcile some girls stating girls who go in hotels are protitutes against girls who seem utterly oblivious to this notion and have never heard the likes of it.

I mean both these girls that told me how it was rubbish were both decent ladies in their thirties.  So I'm guessing if such a thing held any weight they would have heard about it by that age.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
So one falls under (a), the other is in Southern Ukraine.

Different regions, different attitudes.  The "MOB" business is big in Central/Eastern Ukraine.  Not so much in Western Ukraine.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:08:32 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
So one falls under (a), the other is in Southern Ukraine.

Different regions, different attitudes.  The "MOB" business is big in Central/Eastern Ukraine.  Not so much in Western Ukraine.

Correct.

Well Zaporizhzhia is a bit north of Kherson but like you say perhaps it has more to do with the Mail Order Bride Business. Kherson is one of those cities on the AFA tour that regularly goes there. The last girl I was with from Kherson tells me that only protitutes go there. So perhaps it is a thing that anything related to foreign dating one has to be careful as it gets a name for itself - I don't think they are all prostitutes at AFA tours but a bad word of the women that attend them perhaps goes around.

I mentioned the AFA tour to the girl in Nikolaev, she seemed to know little of it but I would be surprised at that. I can't remember the messaging on it all that clearly but she was dismissive of it I believe.

The Girl I first met from Mariupol was happy to stay at a Hotel, in a separate room, but that city is of course not on the tour list or particualarly open to foreigners.

So yes maybe its an aversion of not wanting anything to be associated with the MOB business, at least not in public, perhaps that is why the last girl didn't want me to visit if there is that strong an aversion to it out there among a lot of the population. I think she was kind of playing me though so on that you are right also I think.

Offline msmob

« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
I don't think they are all prostitutes at AFA tours but a bad word of the women that attend them perhaps goes around.

Warning my info is 10 years old

I would not have gone on such tours - having seen documentaries on the 'expectations' of the guys - but I didn't get the impression that those attending were 'prostitutes' - may be serial daters or just lasses who got invited for a free night out - free booze and food

I KNEW ladies on AFA/ Loveme and they had put profiles with local marriage agencies and didn't realise they were being advertised on such a site

A video from 2008 - hardly prostitutes....

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2018, 03:46:04 PM »
So ho. . . . at age.

STOP making excuses.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline LAman

« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
Trench, did you ever figure out how to add funds to your Ukrainian number? May I ask what site you used to try to add funds? I know a guy who topped off his phone online on a CC from Canada.
I also know someone from Ukraine that may be able to top off for you.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
Trench, did you ever figure out how to add funds to your Ukrainian number? May I ask what site you used to try to add funds? I know a guy who topped off his phone online on a CC from Canada.
I also know someone from Ukraine that may be able to top off for you.

Looks like the only way for me is scratchcards. Tried the actual Lifecell site and at least a couple of third party sites, Portmone I think was one, or something like that.

Offline LAman

« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »
Looks like the only way for me is scratchcards. Tried the actual Lifecell site and at least a couple of third party sites, Portmone I think was one, or something like that.

Did you try this site? Portmone doesn't work
http://oplata.lifecell.ua

Did you check if the number is still valid? (*121# and "call" for Life)
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Jumper

« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2018, 07:00:09 AM »
Correct.

Well Zaporizhzhia is a bit north of Kherson but like you say perhaps it has more to do with the Mail Order Bride Business. Kherson is one of those cities on the AFA tour that regularly goes there. The last girl I was with from Kherson tells me that only protitutes go there. So perhaps it is a thing that anything related to foreign dating one has to be careful as it gets a name for itself - I don't think they are all prostitutes at AFA tours but a bad word of the women that attend them perhaps goes around.

I mentioned the AFA tour to the girl in Nikolaev, she seemed to know little of it but I would be surprised at that. I can't remember the messaging on it all that clearly but she was dismissive of it I believe.

The Girl I first met from Mariupol was happy to stay at a Hotel, in a separate room, but that city is of course not on the tour list or particualarly open to foreigners.

So yes maybe its an aversion of not wanting anything to be associated with the MOB business, at least not in public, perhaps that is why the last girl didn't want me to visit if there is that strong an aversion to it out there among a lot of the population. I think she was kind of playing me though so on that you are right also I think.

TC, I have no idea how it is at this time, but frankly in the not so distant past this view by the public of a young single woman gong to a man's hotel room was indeed pretty commonplace.

The stigma was quite real, and common sense would tell you ,that if you were a young woman going to a popular downtown area, with a foreign man, and to his hotel room,that the babushka tongues would wag for months about it.Is that something any young woman wants ?
To think they would not be sensitive to  this is truly not understanding Soviet and post Soviet society (shaped by those times)

Yes going to a mans flat might set that babushka network  off as well, but  not nearly as obvious, nor as much stigma as a hotel.
The hotel securoty guards used to routinely offer guests companionship, and filtered who was *working* by how their own cut was.Those mem that wernt propositioned by hotel security must have led a charmed life,as  it was quite routine of them to ask.

Now that certainly doesn't mean that times dont change,nor that every single woman would refuse to meet at a hotel.

It does mean at least a percentage of women  would still know about the stigma, and still be hesitant.
A young woman there now, still has to deal with the wagging tongues even if she only meets a foreign guy at a cafe, sure some won't care, or be willing to deal with it, others would be more sensitive about being seen out with a foreign guy  .
I'd  think the old stigma carries less presence now, but I dint doubt it's a factor no matter where they would be seen and certainly might be a tad more if headed to a mans hotel room.
Is that not true ,at least to some small  degree in your own city in England,?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:05:43 AM by Jumper »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2018, 08:47:06 AM »
So it appears this *debate* finally arrived to the correct answer everyone can agree on. Took long enough though.

That is: YES, it true and NO, its not!

I'm elated to see you folks got this one out of the way. Now if only the board can find a way to arrive to the same conclusion with all the other endless silly debates that resides in the world of the MOB.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1978
Total: 1988

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM