It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Wife's friend in FSU wants to meet an American guy  (Read 6327 times)

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Wife's friend in FSU wants to meet an American guy
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:02:45 PM »
Hi guys,

Long time no talk!All is going great for us as we just celebrated our 1st Anniversary last week.  Looking to buy a house in Vegas so that is our main plan for the near future.

I have a question that hopefully you guys can help with.  A friend of my wifes, who lives in Moscow, is divorcing her husband (drinking, of course) and is interested in meeting someone here (like me, my wife said) who is stable and wants a family.  This lady is 39 with three kids (10, 3, 1).  She asked my wife last night what would be a good site for HER to go on to meet guys that are interested in a Russian woman.  My wife asked me about things like Match.com but I don't see that as a viable option because the guys on there are looking for someone local.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where can I can point her?

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Wife's friend in FSU wants to meet an American guy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:25:19 PM »
I have heard a lot of good about cuteonly.com, a couple of friends are registred there and they like it.
Its a monthly paysite and they seem to take down fake profiles quite quickly.
Not expensive for the guys and they can exchange contact info right away if they chose to.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
Long time no talk!All is going great for us as we just celebrated our 1st Anniversary last week.  Looking to buy a house in Vegas so that is our main plan for the near future.

Happy anniversary Ken! It's been a year. Man how time flies.

is interested in meeting someone here (like me, my wife said)

Where can we point her? Well....with you living in Utah and she's looking for a guy like you, I have to ask are you one of those old school Mormons that are allowed to have multiple wives?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »
Smartass, Billy!  I'm not mormon!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Nice to hear you reached a milestone in your relationship.

Having said that...based on your OP, I would strongly advice you do not get involved in this. For your sake, your wife's and your marriage. There's so many things wrong on many fronts with your given scenario.

Just let your wife share whatever service/site she used to meet you, and leave it at that.Put the rest of your time and energy into your wife and your marriage. You'd be so much better for it in the long run.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »
Congratulations.......................

Let's have another next year :)
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 04:05:45 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a question that hopefully you guys can help with.  A friend of my wifes, who lives in Moscow, is divorcing her husband (drinking, of course) and is interested in meeting someone here (like me, my wife said) who is stable and wants a family.  This lady is 39 with three kids (10, 3, 1).  She asked my wife last night what would be a good site for HER to go on to meet guys that are interested in a Russian woman.  My wife asked me about things like Match.com but I don't see that as a viable option because the guys on there are looking for someone local.

Suggest her to take off pink glasses...

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 06:27:39 PM »

Having said that...based on your OP, I would strongly advice you do not get involved in this. For your sake, your wife's and your marriage. There's so many things wrong on many fronts with your given scenario.

Just let your wife share whatever service/site she used to meet you, and leave it at that.Put the rest of your time and energy into your wife and your marriage. You'd be so much better for it in the long run.

Good to see you posting GQ. WB and hang around some  ;D

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:32:03 AM »

Agree 100%.  What happens if, a few years down the track, the husband you found for her turns out to be NOT the ideal person you thought?  It's you that gets the blame.  Also, I would expand a bit on the reasons for not getting involved:

1.  She's not yet divorced.  She needs to get that out of the way and let the metaphorical dust settle BEFORE she even contemplates marrying someone else.  She needs to get back into the swing of dating first, and I would guess (based on the ages of her children) that that's something she hasn't done for many years.

2.  The kids themselves.  For starters, three children, with the youngest still in nappies (so to speak) will be a turnoff for 99.9% of all guys, whether local or imported.  Even if she did find someone willing to take on the entire family, the husband is surely always going to be wondering if it's true love, relief at finding someone decent with whom she's prepared to make a life, or that he's simply a mule.

By all means wish her well, but stay out of it if you can.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:02:10 AM »

Playing matchmaker can make you a hero or a zero. Don't want them women hating on you if you hook one up with a loser. Ken, at a minimum, you can help her help herself. There are plenty of websites she can sign up for. Recommended sites in the Starting out section should be best. Exposure will help her find her dream guy. Also she would need to renew her profile every so often to make sure her profile is in front.

Some men and women enter this endeavor while divorced. Hopefully she's on the tail end of her divorce because if she doesn't list she's married on her profile and a guy later finds out, it may not end well.

She also has 3 children with one as young as 1 year old. Many guys will see 4 people to take care of if they marry her and be turned off. Her chances are slim to remarry so she shouldn't dismiss a quality man from her own city if he shows up first.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:03:10 AM »

She also has 3 children with one as young as 1 year old. Many guys will see 4 people to take care of if they marry her and be turned off. Her chances are slim to remarry so she shouldn't dismiss a quality man from her own city if he shows up first.

It is going to be an extremely rare bird that will go through the marriage process with a 40 year old lady with 3 small children, unless she is spectacular looking which will probably be a game changer for some.  It can happen, but the odds must be very very low, especially when you account for the fact that the man also has to be wealthy, and presumably level-headed, and decent.  Maybe a much older man that doesn't have much else to contend with might be the best bet, but that could easily turn into a marriage of convenience. 

Personally, I wouldn't devote much time/energy into this situation. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline alex330

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 09:06:12 AM »
It is going to be an extremely rare bird that will go through the marriage process with a 40 year old lady with 3 small children, unless she is spectacular looking which will probably be a game changer for some.  It can happen, but the odds must be very very low, especially when you account for the fact that the man also has to be wealthy, and presumably level-headed, and decent.  Maybe a much older man that doesn't have much else to contend with might be the best bet, but that could easily turn into a marriage of convenience. 

Agree with FT here. Not seeing it happening.

Billy was joking upthread but a Mormon guy may be her best bet tbh. They are used to large families and many times will adopt a large number of siblings even.

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »
Ask Donald Trump for approval   lol

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »
Ken, are you sure divorcing her husband is necessary. It might be best for her to reconsider. I mean although many women don't like men drinking a lot (don't know why I guess the look is not always great) is all else ok in the marriage aside from this. If he can support the family well enough maybe she should turn a blind eye to the drinking or work out why he does it - it might be stress related so remove the stress remove the drinking. Most guys I think would bulk at the responsibility of taking on 3 kids and pass over her on dating sites.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »
You've obviously never lived with an alcoholic.  Plus, in Russia and Ukraine, when men are alcoholic, it usually means they are not supporting the family, either emotionally or financially.  That said, in the woman's situation, it would depend how far along he is in his drinking.  Is he out drinking regularly, or is it a Russian understanding of drinking?

I agree with fathertime.  Unless this woman is a stunning beauty, which is rare, because of her age and 3 dependents, the chance of her finding a WM who is willing to marry her, support her children, and raise them as his, are pretty remote.  Just as remote as finding another man in Russia.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 07:39:11 PM »
You've obviously never lived with an alcoholic.  Plus, in Russia and Ukraine, when men are alcoholic, it usually means they are not supporting the family, either emotionally or financially.  That said, in the woman's situation, it would depend how far along he is in his drinking.  Is he out drinking regularly, or is it a Russian understanding of drinking?

I agree with fathertime.  Unless this woman is a stunning beauty, which is rare, because of her age and 3 dependents, the chance of her finding a WM who is willing to marry her, support her children, and raise them as his, are pretty remote.  Just as remote as finding another man in Russia.

Agree,  that is a lot of baggage for a WM to accept.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
Agree with everyone above (except getting Trump's approval  :P ).

Everything else aside this woman isn't even legally eligible to seek an international relationship/marriage at this time.

Besides, how does she explain "sill married" on a dating/bride profile?

One step at a time. Get divorced, get her affairs and emotions in order then look forward.

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline CaptB

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 01:11:35 AM »
Ken,

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary !

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 01:38:05 AM »
1/ Congratulations on your anniversary..

2/ Ignore the 'sensible advice' of others and point the lady to one of the sites we discuss on here..

It doesn't take long to get divorced in Russia and if the lady is worthy - she'll find a sober mate who may well  be a better Dad.

I suspect quite a few of us have married FSU ladies who had had kids by guys who ended up drinking too much.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701