It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

If it turns out that the Woohan Institute of Virology incubated and accidentally distributed the Corona Virus what would be your response?

I would be upset with China but would not do anything.
2 (16.7%)
I would boycott China and everything it produces because the government hid a deathly plague
7 (58.3%)
I would believe China - that the disease really started in the US
0 (0%)
I would send China the bill for the lost economies and seek replacement of its government.
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 19, 2020, 02:15:29 PM

Author Topic: If China is Really Responsible......  (Read 46739 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: If China is Really Responsible......
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:04 AM »
Three examples please.

Sheez Gator, they are all over the place...

The only thing I will ask you though is on the wall, you and I both have a political problem. My people stand up and say, “Mexico will pay for the wall” and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language. But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to. I have been talking about it for a two year period, and the reason I say they are going to pay for the wall is because Mexico has made a fortune out of the stupidity of U.S. trade representatives.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/donald-trump-i-will-release-tax-returns-607836227723?v=raila&

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2020, 05:03:19 AM »
BC,

'Thank you', I was going to be gentler with Gator .. small doses, not overwhelming knockout drops ...

Offline BC

« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2020, 05:23:43 AM »
BC,

'Thank you', I was going to be gentler with Gator .. small doses, not overwhelming knockout drops ...

Very little effort was expended in the creation of the post.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:34 AM »
Hhhhmmm. None in your post even remotely exemplified the context made in ML’s post. This is what he said...

I envy the oriental's ability to seem to agree with something (or agree to do something), gaining the goodwill of the other party, yet never intending at all to do what they say

You posted things that suggested Trump was lying.

1. Mexico IS paying for the wall. Not directly but USMCA re calibrated the trades to gain revenue enough to eventually pay for the wall.
2. 5 million tests/day was an estimate given to him by his folks. He delivered the message and even mentioned how he got the information.
3. I will give you the subject of tax returns. Although not much came out of the matter when someone illegally leaked one of his return and MSNBC blundered itself when it blew up in its face on TV.

Now...in same vein guess how many times did Obama LIED. That will really be easy, from redlines to keeping your doctor - period to pork barrel spending will stop to ISIL is JV, etc...Most of all, I doubt Trump have the compunction to be as corrupt as that stooge.

Doped and Chained baby!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:02:13 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:08 AM »
Shucks GQ, you are quicker than  me. 

I was awaiting the BC examples having a good idea of what they would be, and then reply with worse examples regarding Obama. 

2tall could add more to the list, buy why. 

Most of all I doubt Trump have the compunction to be as corrupt as that stooge.   

You are correct.  Trump is many things, such as a narcissist, yet he is not corrupt.  He has been investigated more than any recent President and the investigations have found nothing.   Now the "investigation of how the investigations started" is uncovering much wrongdoing by the prior administration and its holdovers plus Trump's political opponents.   So who is corrupt? 

Upon examination of Obama's record, can anyone say Obama was not corrupt in how he exercised power?   I believe by comparison that Obama is smarter and smoother than Trump, but that does not make Trump any less of a man.  Trump and Obama have both made mistakes, yet the difference is Trump has accomplished more of what we needed.     

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »
can anyone say Obama was not corrupt in how he exercised power?

Obama didn't know about the unmasking of Flynn, Hillary's secret server, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, or his Attorney General meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac. It's always someone under him that did the dirty work. He's innocent and the buck doesn't stop with him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »
Obama didn't know about the unmasking of Flynn, Hillary's secret server, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, or his Attorney General meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac. It's always someone under him that did the dirty work. He's innocent and the buck doesn't stop with him.

I guess it was the same as some want to believe about Cheney and Bush - Biden directed all the moves and kept Obama in the dark. 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2020, 10:46:45 AM »

He didn't know anything about the VA/IRS scandal. He didn't know you can't keep your doctor soon as ACA kicked in either. PERIOD. He also didn't know Asaad used chemical weapons because otherwise he would've crossed Obama's redline. He also didn't know ISIL isn't really a JV team...he didn't know that the 2009 omnibus bill he signed is full of pork, too...and that the S-CHIP bill Pelosi had him signed was rejected twice by Bush, and voted down by 3 western states. He didn't know Michael Brown was the one who attacked the police and there was no 'Hands up, don't shoot' BS. He didn't know that Henry Gates was the 'jerk' and not the Cambridge police...

I can keep this a while, but why bother?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:48:35 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

Offline Gator

« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2020, 05:11:35 AM »
http://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/sars-cov-2-looks-like-a-hybrid-of-viruses-from-two-different-species/

A good article that simplifies the complicated evolution of the SARS-CoV-2 virus responsible for the pandemic.  It is another study  suggesting this was not a laboratory experiment, yet IMO implicates the wet markets as having the biologic rich "soup" giving an opportunity for the evolution of the virus.   

....a key stretch of the spike protein, the one that determines which proteins on human cells it interacts with, came from a pangolin version of the virus through recombination.

Alarmingly, this could happen again.  The question is "when," not "if." 

All of which suggests that additional pandemics are a question of when, rather than if. But, of course, that had already been suggested in the aftermath of MERS and the original SARS, and the world as a whole did remarkably little to study the risk, work toward treatments, or plan for the pandemic's arrival. We can only hope that the more obvious example of COVID-19 will change that. 

Offline BC

« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2020, 06:15:58 AM »
Alarmingly, this could happen again.  The question is "when," not "if." 

Indeed, that is the case.  We can only position ourselves to be better prepared than this time around.

Offline msmob

« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2020, 06:59:43 AM »
The UK govt had the results of a 'pandemic response exercise' from just over 3 years ago ... Did they adopt any of the recommendations from the report findings ?  Why  have even tried to keep the results secret ? ..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/02/labour-urges-government-publish-findings-2016-pandemic-drill

Offline msmob

« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2020, 02:22:42 AM »
'My' stat shows hich nation isn't doing to well, NOW

'Trampu' told the sheele that China is responsible..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/09/conspiracies-covid-19-lab-false-pandemic

Ignore the conspiracies: scientists know Covid-19 wasn't created in a lab

Our report firmly concludes that Covid-19 originated in bats, in a hotspot of viral evolution along the border of Yunnan province in China, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1880
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM