It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1085681 times)

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1950 on: January 23, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
:rolleyes:

Russia is blocking any information coming from Ukraine that is not filtered. 

Not true.  Russians comment on my content all the time.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1951 on: January 23, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
LT,

Your posts are ones that if I were a Russian censor, I would want my population to read. 

:devil:
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1952 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
Steamer,

If the shooting down of a jet airliner did not wake the rest of the world to the atrocities occurring in Eastern Ukraine, I doubt anything else will.  While Ukraine will continue to gut it out, it does not have the resources to maintain a conflict against Russia.

End result is that Russia will take what it wants.

Russia has cemented its status as a pariah nation and will have to permanently deal with the consequences.  In the Moscow Times today was a poll that stated that more Russian people are comfortable, now, with Soviet style government than the idea of a democratically enabled government.  The populations, too, will have to live with the consequences of such a mindset.

I expect that we have seen the last of free Russia in our lifetimes.

All of what you say is true, but its not worth going to war over.  Who wants to get nuked over Ukraine?  Certainly not you

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1953 on: January 23, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
LT,

Your posts are ones that if I were a Russian censor, I would want my population to read. 

:devil:

What, that we're all going to hell in a handbasket, and you will meet your maker soon!

:ROFL:

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1954 on: January 23, 2015, 02:06:27 PM »

What makes you believe Ukraine will lose the East?  Russia doesn't want Donbas.  The region can't go it alone.

Putin wants to obliterate Ukraine.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1955 on: January 23, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
Bringing down the USSR was a good thing.  However, the US did not draw the USSR into war in Afghanistan.  That was all Brezhnev and the Politburo.  Even the GRU did not want the Soviets in that war.
I disagree. 

The CIA aided the Mujahadeen knowing that would get the Soviets involved.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Romney was pulling out the Russian enemy bit in the Presidential election.  Whether or not Obama believe it we don't know.  We can safely say Obama believes it now.  haha

Porosenko may have been the US's first choice, but he was democratically elected, in all regions of Ukraine.  Even if the US had influence by, say, helping him with his campaign, at the end of the day, he was chosen president by the Ukrainian people.  And, he is the first president to be elected by a majority in all regions of the country.

I agree, he was elected by the people.  I just don't doubt the US had it's hands in the pie so to speak.  As for how much, who knows. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:09:58 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1956 on: January 23, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
..."(Reuters) - The Pentagon no longer will buy Russian helicopters for the Afghan Air Force from Rosoboronexport, a state-owned arms exporter that also sells weapons to the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, U.S. defense officials and a leading Senate opponent of such deals said on Wednesday."...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/13/us-usa-russia-helicopters-idUSBRE9AC17720131113

U.S. To Stop Buying Russian Helicopters For Afghanistan

..."The United States will not buy any more helicopters from a Russian exporter that also supplies weapons to the Syrian government.

But on November 13, the Defense Department said it was cancelling those plans, although it did not offer a reason."...

Brass, I don't know why you're stuck in 2013 and continue to maintain the America cancelled the contract and not buying anymore military equipment from Russia. Read some articles from 2014-15 like the ones below and previously that says we are still buying military equipment from Russia. I don't know why you're protecting Obama but for some reason you don't think Obama can change his mind. Just because America and France agreed on weapons deals with Russia before the crisis in Ukraine doesn't mean they have to continue with the sales. Congress was telling the Pentagon, led by our commander in Chief, Obama, to stop buying those choppers. Stop means STOP NOW. It doesn't mean continue to buy those choppers honoring a contract from 2011, then stop. France didn't want to do it but they stopped honoring the contract signed before 2014 with Russia over a couple of warships. America should lead by example and should have terminated/suspended ongoing contracts immediately with Russia when they backed Assad and crapped on Ukraine.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/07/23/frances-ship-sale-to-russia-latest-example-of-commerce-and-policy-clash/

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/03/20/3416324/russia-ukraine-dod-helicopters/

http://rbth.com/defence/2014/04/30/congress_pressures_pentagon_to_cancel_arms_contract_with_russia_36339.html

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1577619

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/rt-%E2%80%8Bpentagon-defies-congress-to-buy-russian-helicopters-for-afghanistan/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/19/us-ukraine-crisis-pentagon-russia-idUSBREA2I28G20140319
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1957 on: January 23, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »

People in the West (especially the US) can't fathom that not everyone thinks that US style democracy is the best thing since sliced bread. That they want to do things their own way proves that there must be some mind control going on so Russia (and other countries, Iraq comes to mind) must be forced to like it. A country trying to protect itself from internal threats without US approval will be bombed into submission (Belgrade comes to mind).

Zbignew Brzhinski (sp), Carters security advisor, spelled out very clearly in his book "The Grand Chess Game" that Eastern Europe was the front in the Wests fight against Russia and that Ukraine would be the ultimate prize. So after numerous color revolutions (inspired by the West) how can anyone be suprised that Moscow is finally putting its foot down and saying no more.

You're so right dude.  America sucks.  So when are you and FT leaving?  Do you have any good weed?

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1958 on: January 23, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »

Is it not his right, as an American citizen, to criticize his government in any way he sees fit?

Yup.  And is my right to invite him to give up his citizenship.  I'm not saying he has to.  My observation was that he has every opportunity to find a governmental process that is more to his liking.  I'm certain that were he in Russia, he would not be cavalier about stating that his country was violating other country's rights. 

I don't approve of people who burn the American flag in protest.  And I would invite them to give up their citizenship as well, but they do not have to.  It is their right to protest.  We defend, with our lives (those that have served in the armed forces of the US) the rights of citizens to burn American flags.

Now, go to Moscow, stand in Red Square and burn a Russian flag and see what happens.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1959 on: January 23, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
The CIA aided the Mujahadeen knowing that would get the Soviets involved.

I believe you have that backwards.  There were no mujahadeen before the Soviet invasion.  Did the Americans fund them afterward?  Absolutely.  And the world is paying for the blowback today.

I agree, he was elected by the people.  I just don't doubt the US had it's hands in the pie so to speak.  As for how much, who knows.
I suspect he would have won in any event.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1960 on: January 23, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »
Yup.  And is my right to invite him to give up his citizenship.  I'm not saying he has to.  My observation was that he has every opportunity to find a governmental process that is more to his liking.  I'm certain that were he in Russia, he would not be cavalier about stating that his country was violating other country's rights. 

I don't approve of people who burn the American flag in protest.  And I would invite them to give up their citizenship as well, but they do not have to.  It is their right to protest.  We defend, with our lives (those that have served in the armed forces of the US) the rights of citizens to burn American flags.

Now, go to Moscow, stand in Red Square and burn a Russian flag and see what happens.

That's your right, but what occurs in Moscow, or anywhere else in the world, is irrelevant to an American expressing his views of his country.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1961 on: January 23, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »

Well said.  That is one of the reasons I start laughing when guys here start tell others how they know what is really happening and the others that don't agree are simply ignorant because of propaganda.

America, the land of the free, where if you don't tell the government about any foreign accounts can land you with fines and possibly jail time.  Now you have to sign up for health care or pay more fines.  Where there are so many laws on the books you can be fined or jailed every time you walk out of the house.  Laws being snuck in through other legislation.

and the best, Democracy is the best because you can buy cheap stuff which means a better life.

You should check out Venezuela.  So much better than America.  Do you have any good weed?

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1962 on: January 23, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »

And the world is paying for the blowback today.

It was worth it.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1963 on: January 23, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
No, it wasn't.  The USSR would have collapsed even without Afghanistan.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1964 on: January 23, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

That's your right, but what occurs in Moscow, or anywhere else in the world, is irrelevant to an American expressing his views of his country.

Isn't that what the forum is for?  To exchange ideas? 

Quite honestly, I tacitly approved of what Steamer was talking about.  I was a poor target to call sheeple.   Bahhhh. That's why I think it is so funny. 

My post was to get a response and push him further into his tirade on how duplicitous Americans are about thinking that Russia is bad and 'Mericans are good even though we go in and blow people up.    However, I like America's decision making process about whether to blow people up much better than Russia's decision making process about whether to blow people up.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1965 on: January 23, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
No, it wasn't.  The USSR would have collapsed even without Afghanistan.

Yeah, Ok.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1966 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »
You should check out Venezuela.  So much better than America.  Do you have any good weed?

LT,

Come on back to Kali.  We'll get you a prescription and you smoke all the weed you want.  I sure do.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1967 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »
Isn't that what the forum is for?  To exchange ideas? 
Yes, and that includes criticizing America, if that is what a poster believes.

Quite honestly, I tacitly approved of what Steamer was talking about.  I
was a poor target to call sheeple.   Bahhhh. That's why I think it is so funny. 
I don't to the extent he believes Russia has a right to invade Ukraine.  It doesn't.

My post was to get a response and push him further into his tirade on how duplicitous Americans are about thinking that Russia is bad and 'Mericans are good even though we go in and blow people up.    However, I like America's decision making process about whether to blow people up much better than Russia's decision making process about whether to blow people up.
Fair enough.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1968 on: January 23, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »

I believe you have that backwards.  There were no mujahadeen before the Soviet invasion.  Did the Americans fund them afterward?  Absolutely.  And the world is paying for the blowback today.
I suspect he would have won in any event.

It was found out the US was supplying muhahideen with aid for 6 months prior to Soviet intervention.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United StatesCentral Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen prior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, from 1979 to 1989.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1969 on: January 23, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

So, I have to agree with Jone, you have to be KGB or a paid misinformant.

Also, how do you manage to get Ukrainian Facebook in Russia? My MIL's brother in Omsk cannot see her niece's page in Kharkiv because it is full of war stuff.

Thank you, I would prefer to be KGB colonel as jone proposed. Though I must note you have the exaggerated sense of your importance  ;)

Tell your MIL's brother to arrange FB account,  log in FB, then he will see niece's pages.
Or let he enter direct links to pages with posts. KGB will not  persecute him, I promise

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1970 on: January 23, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »
Thank you, I would prefer to be KGB colonel as jone proposed. Though I must note you have the exaggerated sense of your importance  ;)

Tell your MIL's brother to arrange FB account,  log in FB, then he will see niece's pages.
Or let he enter direct links to pages with posts. KGB will not  persecute him, I promise

Great pic, Belvis!

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1971 on: January 23, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »

Another typical response.  Point out problems and then "Hey, you can go to Russia and see what rights of free speech you have there." 

Instead of addressing the problems it's the equivalent to sweeping it under the rug.   I say the people who go against the grain and talk about the problems are better Americans compared to the status quo that demands anyone who says something unpleasant to leave.   I'm sure our forefathers would be proud of you jone.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:30:28 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1972 on: January 23, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »
Belvis, who is the dude you posted a picture of?  It doesn't look like Putin but maybe Pavel Petel's gf.

Looks like Russia has come to its senses and will stop the reverse sanctions to trade with its allies in the EU or its ally the EU.  I honestly don't know the difference:
http://euobserver.com/foreign/127318

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1973 on: January 23, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
I think we can get Muzh's President to agree to those terms.  He will lean on Poroshenko and continue to promise him nonlethal non-aid.  His constituents like jone will agree as no one wins a nuclear war.

First of all, he is President of ALL Americans, including ignorants and clowns.

I doubt very much he will lean on Poroshenko.

Finally, you just can't wait for a nuclear holocaust, right? Goes to show your state of mind.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1974 on: January 23, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »

No it's not.  We have the right to invite him to leave.  And if he goes into the wrong bar in America and starts his whining, he will be hitting the floor (again).

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541437
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2031
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2024
Total: 2033

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:03:37 AM