It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1085606 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5225 on: March 03, 2017, 10:38:19 AM »
You forgot to add that so called  "independent" sociological organization have received more than 120 thousand dollars from the US Defense Ministry and collected information for them.

It is irrelevant to my post.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5226 on: March 04, 2017, 05:43:11 PM »
A long line of "mysterious" deaths and attempts on the lives of critics and opposition to Putin and his Kremlin kleptocracy continues .
Kara-Muzra is a well-known critic of the Kremlin and President Vladimir Putin. At the time of his most recent poisoning, He was promoting a documentary about his late friend, a fellow activist named Boris Nemtsov. Kara-Muzra said doctors told him the substance he was poisoned with the first time was unidentifiable — and it's unclear to him how or when the toxins entered his body.

Russian Dissident Survives Second Poisoning Attempt: I Felt ‘Like I Was Suffocating’

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-dissident-survives-second-poisoning-attempt-i-felt-i-was-n719061
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5227 on: March 17, 2017, 05:04:37 PM »

Since the bridge is now complete it is making it much easier to access Crimea for Russsians ! ;D

:welcome:
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5228 on: March 17, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
Since the bridge is now complete it is making it much easier to access Crimea for Russsians ! ;D

Another JayH 'fail'.. Duh..

Putin's Bridges aren't complete across the Kerch Strait

This is a video from the Saratov Oblast ( region) of Russia...   ;D

Hint: freeze JayH's latest  'humour' gaff right at the end..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:28:38 PM by msmob »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5229 on: March 17, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »

When you stop laughing at Moby ( note the AT )  back to really serious stuff.

This is of high significence .As if the "mysterious" deaths of so many were not enough  now Putin has created his own inner army.
It will make any dissident voice very nervous to talk outloud !

No much doubt Putin has appointed himself for life !

Putin moves to give his “personal guard” KGB-like functions

The Rosbalt news agency is reporting that the Kremlin plans to give the National Guard of Russia additional functions which will make it a full-scale force structure and one that will be “much more similar to the KGB” of Soviet times than the Guard originally appeared to be.

The National Guard of Russia (also known as the Russian Guard) is an internal security corps with estimated strength of 500,000, organized along military lines. It was established in April 2016 and is directly subordinated to Putin.
And what makes this especially worrisome, the New Chronicle of Current Events says, is that the leader of the Russian Guard, Viktor Zolotov, has said that his organization’s function is the struggle against “’the fifth column’” and “’revolutionary stirrings’” in the population.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/16/putin-moves-to-give-his-personal-guard-kgb-like-functions-euromaidan-press/

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5230 on: March 17, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »
Oh dear,

JayH is copying and pasting more stuff that he hasn't checked for authenticity

1/  ''Viktor Zolotov, has said that his organization’s function is the struggle against “’the fifth column’” and “’revolutionary stirrings’” in the population.''

No - he didn't .. a regional head from the Altai said that .."In December 2016, the head of the Altai Territory’s branch of Rosgvardiya Aleksander Maul said that the Russia’s National Guard troops were created to combat the “fifth column” and “revolutionary ferment”.

2/ ''The National Guard of Russia (also known as the Russian Guard) is an internal security corps with estimated strength of 500,000''

Hmm, funny how one of the sources that JayH actually quotes says, "The National Guard will number some 350,000 to 400,000 troops, reported news agency Interfax in April 2016.''

3/ ''organized along military lines''

At least 50 percent of the Rosgvardiya are ex-Policemen..

''163,000 police officers who were laid-off when Putin signed a degree reducing the maximum number of law enforcement officials to 904,881 individuals would be transferred to the country’s National Guard.''

..and JayH wonders why folks don't take his cut and pastes seriously.

Source: http://meduza.io/en/news/2017/03/14/rosbalt-national-guard-to-take-on-fight-against-extremism-in-russia quoted as a source in JayH piece....

VERY sloppy

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5231 on: March 17, 2017, 08:17:49 PM »
Another spin off story from the euromaidan site....

Starting from mid-June 2017, Ukrainians will be able to travel to the EU without visas for up to 90 days out of a 180-day period. According to the EU’s plan, seven steps still remain for visa liberalization with Ukraine, each of which has its date.
http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/16/104831/
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5232 on: March 17, 2017, 08:35:38 PM »
This has been on the cards for some time, but those seven steps are not forgone conclusions ..:(

Example: the French want the vote put back until after their Presidential elections as they feel granting UA citizens with Biometric passports visa free access would aid the cause of Marie Le Pen

''Paris has decided that the abolition of visa-free travel for Ukraine could become a trump card for Marine Le Pen in the presidential election to be held on 23 April and 7 May (two rounds)''

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/03/ukrainians-to-travel-visa-free-to-the-eu-in-mid-june-detailed-calendar/

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5233 on: March 18, 2017, 10:19:47 AM »
Visa-free travel: 7 steps away

According to Yevropeiska Pravda, the visa-liberalization process has to pass 7 more stages, each of which has its date (“tentative” means the specific dates for the events haven’t been published yet).

The EU Civil Liberties Committee approves of visa liberalization for Ukraine – 9 March;
    The EU Parliament votes for visa liberalization on a plenary session – 5 April;
    Ambassadors of EU member states once again endorse the adopted decision and bring it to the agenda of the meeting of Ministers – 26 April;
    The decision is adopted by the qualified majority of the Council of EU Ministers – 11 May;
    The EU President and representative of the country holding Presidency at the Council of the EU (Malta) signs the decision – 15 May (tentative);
    It is published in the EU’s Official Journal (this usually takes up to a week) – 22 May (tentative);
    20 days later, Ukrainians can travel to the EU without a visa, provided they have a biometric passport – 11 June (tentative).
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5234 on: March 18, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
The reaction I got from ladies last month was unanimous when I mentioned visa free travel.

here it is......

:ROFL:

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5235 on: March 18, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
An understandable reaction given the EU promised much and have delivered little ... Let alone the chances of the likes of certain nations within the EU agreeing to such an offer.

I mean the Ukrainians don't even effectively control their own SE borders :(

So, by no means all the EU's 'fault'

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5236 on: March 18, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »
The reaction I got from ladies last month was unanimous when I mentioned visa free travel.

here it is......

:ROFL:

It's not because it won't happen.  It's because most Ukrainians will not be able to take advantage of it.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5237 on: March 18, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »

It's not because it won't happen.  It's because most Ukrainians will not be able to take advantage of it.

Why? perhaps because they can't afford it?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5238 on: March 18, 2017, 02:54:39 PM »
Yes.  Relatively few Ukrainians can afford to travel to the EU.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5239 on: March 18, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
Social Problems Intensify Across Russia
As a result of the economic crisis and government incompetence, social problems are intensifying across the Russian Federation; but by their very nature, they are so diverse that it is almost impossible either for Russians or for analysts to provide a comprehensive picture.

“Even large Russian cities are beginning to die” and other neglected Russian stories

10. Now Even Large Russian Cities are Beginning to Die
For more than half a century, Russians have talked about the dying out of that country’s villages and for the last two decades they have focused on the dying out of company towns. But now there is evidence that even large Russian cities outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg are losing their economic base and their population.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/19/even-large-russian-cities-are-beginning-to-die-and-other-neglected-russian-stories-euromaidan-press/

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5240 on: March 18, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
Interesting report ( again) on the danger of being friend or foe in Russia.

Russian Whistleblowers Turn on Putin—But Can They Be Trusted?

A husband and wife who were members of the Russian parliament have defected to Ukraine. The Kremlin calls them ‘enemies of the people.’ Enemies of Putin is more like it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/17/russian-spy-whistleblowers-turn-on-putin-but-can-they-be-trusted.html

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5241 on: March 18, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
I was reading through Russia's economic indicators today.  An interesting read.  Balance of Trade:  Off the scales in Russia's Favor;  Inflation:  At lowest point since 2012; Money supply:  Highest in years. 

Not bad considering that most of Russia's balance of trade depends on OIL WHICH IS SELLING AT $50.00 a BARREL, barely above Russia's cost of producing it. 

To me, this is Soviet Union II.  A bunch of lies coming from Russia's economic sources.  I don't know what the reason is that Russia has to lie to the rest of the world regarding its economic status, but it can only reach a single conclusion:  Collapse of the Russian Economy.  Reduced standard of living for the Russian people.  And a tightened iron fisted grip on the throats of the Russian worker. 

The world has already been down this road with Russia.  I wonder if anyone actually believes this tripe?

Does anyone have a dissenting opinion? 

I wonder who is going to wind up paying for Russia's adventures in Syria?  What a mirage!

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5242 on: March 18, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
Money supply:  Highest in years. 

Why is this good ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5243 on: March 18, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
Why is this good ??

I presumed he was mocking the lies being told.

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5244 on: March 18, 2017, 08:06:31 PM »
I presumed he was mocking the lies being told.

Yes, but the lie that was told was an attempt to show the 'good' things.
So my question still remains.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5245 on: March 18, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
Yes, but the lie that was told was an attempt to show the 'good' things.
So my question still remains.

ML,

You are observant.  I should have said Federally held reserve funds they claim are the highest in years.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5246 on: March 18, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »
ML,

You are observant.  I should have said Federally held reserve funds they claim are the highest in years.

OK, that's better.

Russia's Gold holdings  7th highest in world
Russia's FX reserve holdings  9th highest in world

If any of it can be believed.
I didn't check on trend lines.

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5247 on: March 19, 2017, 01:27:10 AM »
Dear JayH

Once again, I wish to point out that I'm no fan of some Kremlin policies - esp the physical interference in Ukraine, but I must point out the inaccuracy of your article  - the stats shown for the cities ARE probably accurate, but the conclusions...well..

Please explain why

Sochi

Krasnodar

Krasnoyarsk

Novosibirsk

have grown ?

They are 4 cities I know about ...  I also checked  Ivanovo and Yaroslavl - ( fell )  - but they are close to Moscow

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5248 on: March 19, 2017, 05:08:23 AM »
I wonder who is going to wind up paying for Russia's adventures in Syria?  What a mirage!

Well, I'll skip all your shamanism about the soon  collapse of the russian economy because I believe it's not ethically right behavior to ruin the sweet dreams of a good man.
But don't you find the Russia's adventures in Syria can be viewed as good investments?  Omitting other aspects I'll point the consideration for "paying".
We have here the combat drilling of russian air force which would be taking place and money at bases in Russia, anyway. This part of cost is envitable.
Then the effect of promotion for arms export. Middle East was a good buyer of russian weapons and it seems to be the case in the coming years. Of course, the effective actions in combat operations are supported here by political considerations of local states like the draft deal to sell S300 surface-to-air missile system to Turkey.
And the most important issue, real handle to control of the oil-producing region. I doubt Saudi Arabia would arrange the deal with Russia on boosting oil prices without all this conflict.
  So 'mirage' as you told has boosted the hard currency inflow in Russia. You have noted the highest level of federal reserve funds but fail to connect the ends ;)

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5249 on: March 19, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »
Dear friend Belvis,

Don't drink the Kool-aid.

The extension of the OPEC deal simply cemented Russia into not exporting as much crude as it had in the past.  And if you think arms sales makes up for lost revenues in oil exports, I have a bridge in Valdivostok to sell you.  I do think that Russia is in a huge bind with liquidity because of the price of oil.  Russia's deal to not export crude has not had the desired effect of increasing oil prices.

Pull your country's budget for 2016 and 2017 and see what price the people who made those budgets thought oil would be selling at.

I really wish the Russian people well, but I believe that the Kremlin is lying to the world, and, especially its own people.  That's what happened with the Soviet Union - which Putin dreams of re-creating.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541435
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1900
Total: 1908

+-Recent Posts

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Today at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Today at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Today at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM