It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1085525 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5425 on: September 09, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »
AkMike said "One support sunk a meter and anotuher one sunk 1/2 meter" If true, the bridge may experience long term problems. Engineering or construction is bad. Support columns depth into the ground is based on where hard bedrock is. Two columns sinking quickly is a bad sign they didn't drill deep enough to place the concrete columns on bedrock. Other columns may sink slowly over time if they used the same flawed construction methods and/or engineering. Costly repairs or they can make it a rough ride to Crimea.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5426 on: September 09, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
AkMike said "One support sunk a meter and anotuher one sunk 1/2 meter" If true, the bridge may experience long term problems. Engineering or construction is bad. Support columns depth into the ground is based on where hard bedrock is. Two columns sinking quickly is a bad sign they didn't drill deep enough to place the concrete columns on bedrock. Other columns may sink slowly over time if they used the same flawed construction methods and/or engineering. Costly repairs or they can make it a rough ride to Crimea.

:ROFL:

Perhaps it would be better to understand the geology and sea bed of the Sea of Azov. If this is a challenge than look at how high rise buildings and bridges are engineered and built in The Netherlands.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5427 on: September 09, 2017, 02:41:02 PM »

. . . built in The Netherlands.

Y'all are stealing space from the oceans.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BdHvA

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5428 on: September 09, 2017, 02:45:47 PM »

Sort of doubt the lobsters have much of a say in the matter.

The other option is like Russia stealing it from Ukraine.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:04:33 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5429 on: September 09, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Perhaps it would be better to understand the geology and sea bed of the Sea of Azov.

Putin better hope his engineers understand that. They may want to keep problems from him for the time being. I do this for a living and on a few jobs, helped put piles in the ground that was once the sea in order to support buildings. In the old days, they filled up the sea with dirt and supported buildings on that fill dirt with regular footings. Ground shifts, then concrete cracks. Made my job to demolition the old buildings to make way for the new easier.

If this is a challenge than look at how high rise buildings and bridges are engineered and built in The Netherlands.

Same for buildings and bridge on and to Manhattan Island, NY. Engineering 101 for structural engineers should've taught them about the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Can't have a good structure without a good foundation.

We've done it too. I've seen before and after photos of Seattle where they've mass excavated hills and filled in the Puget Sound to create more real estate.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BdHvA

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5430 on: September 09, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »

Putin better hope his engineers understand that. They may want to keep problems from him for the time being. I do this for a living and on a few jobs, helped put piles in the ground that was once the sea in order to support buildings. In the old days, they filled up the sea with dirt and supported buildings on that fill dirt with regular footings. Ground shifts, then concrete cracks. Made my job to demolition the old buildings to make way for the new easier.

What is of serious concern none of the European (primarily Dutch) firms wanted anything to do with this project, when it was first floated.*

Putin is disregarding ecological concerns. I suspect time will tell and I hope the bridges are engineered correctly. A some what comparable project was the Chesapeake Bay Bridge–Tunnel, now some 50 odd years old.

* pun intended
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:23:14 PM by BdHvA »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5431 on: September 09, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »

Perhaps it would be better to understand the geology and sea bed of the Sea of Azov. If this is a challenge than look at how high rise buildings and bridges are engineered and built in The Netherlands.

The geology is quite different---  and many experts say the bridge will not survive.
Recent reports are of Dutch companies breaking sanctions -- hopefully they will be prosecuted and never work again in the west.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5432 on: September 09, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »

Recent reports are of Dutch companies breaking sanctions -- hopefully they will be prosecuted and never work again in the west.

'Recent reports'....Source(s), please ?

What is of serious concern none of the European (primarily Dutch) firms wanted anything to do with this project, when it was first floated.

Even RU firms didn't want to take it on, but BillyB's suggestion that any issues might be covered up seems a little far fetched given the symbiotic relationship Putin and the company awarded the main contract enjoy.

Work continues ..on both bridges...

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5433 on: September 10, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »
No mention of Moldie's sources so it must'a been a little birdie passin thru.   :cluebat:

That also may mean that allphases of work have stopped and workers are quiet under threat of being sent a bit more north-east to the Donesk area.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5434 on: September 10, 2017, 03:33:42 PM »
I believe moby's source is his eyes.  Probably the best source provided here.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5435 on: September 10, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »
I believe moby's source is his eyes.  Probably the best source provided here.

Moby is full of BS -- not credible. He simply does not know .
There are numerous reports on serious problems on the bridge floating around.
Nothing coming from the Moscow end is credible. Av pointed out  a couple of posts above that the official website only contains computer generated stylised photos and video's -- it makes you wonder why not real photos?
That said --I do not trust a lot of the other information floating around either--  I want to see more/better info and not wishful thinking in reports.
That said -there are still plenty of credible reports of problems . The extent- that is still unanswered for me.

translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5436 on: September 10, 2017, 06:18:06 PM »
moby didn't refer to problems.  Just that both bridges are being built, and that's accurate.  I have a relative living in Kerch.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5437 on: September 10, 2017, 06:39:15 PM »
moby didn't refer to problems.  Just that both bridges are being built, and that's accurate.  I have a relative living in Kerch.

Moby posted an image of the rail bridge in its final location, with a Russian naval vessel passing.

The image in the article is of the same bridge before being lifted to the pylons or supports.

It seems the issue is regarding the road bridge and I guess the temporary supports have failed or are failing. There are a number of options that the builders and engineers can use to solve this setback.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5438 on: September 10, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »
The report didn't mention weither it was a temporary support or a permanent one.

I hope it was a permanent one sinking into the bottomless silt found there.  :clapping: :clapping:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:38:22 AM by AkMike »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5439 on: September 10, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »

I hope it was a permanent one sinking into the botomless silt found there.  :clapping: :clapping:

:applause: :applause:

And may the whole structure sink into oblivion.  :)

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5440 on: September 11, 2017, 12:43:16 AM »
I believe moby's source is his eyes. 

While hanging out at Sochi? Way over 400 kms away?  :rolleyes: 

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5441 on: September 11, 2017, 01:24:21 AM »
No mention of Moldie's sources so it must'a been a little birdie passin thru.   :cluebat:

My 'sources' are folks working ON the bridge ..   

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5442 on: September 11, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »

While hanging out at Sochi? Way over 400 kms away?  :rolleyes:

Sochi is in Krasnodarsky Krai - the region where the bridge will reach landfall at the eastern end...     The local news discusses it  'often' ...   

Things like buses - carrying workers-  crashing off into the sea....     I was waiting to sea if this would be reported as 'bad news' ..

Stuff like work being suspended  WOULD be mentioned....

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5443 on: September 12, 2017, 09:44:54 AM »
There's a fresh Russian investigation by the FBI. But this time they're looking into Sputnik News to see if "it is acting as an undeclared propaganda arm of the Kremlin in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

For alot more about this have a look at the link.

http://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/sputnik-russian-news-agency-investigation-fbi-090024231.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5444 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:09 AM »
Russia Today is forced to register as a foriegn agent spewing the Kremlins propaganda.  :clapping:

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/350226-russian-network-rt-must-register-as-foreign-agent-in

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5445 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:59 AM »
So, Mikey...

what do you think will happen?

Will RT close, or will it have to run a disclaimer saying it is  funded by the Russian Govt and carry on ?

I'm a little concerned that the likes of the BBC will get caught up in any following tit for tat action.

Your 'bad news' does not affect us outside the USA

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5446 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »
Your 'bad news' does not affect us outside the USA

Don't care either. :rolleyes:   It just exposes them for being tools of the midget and his crew.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5447 on: September 14, 2017, 08:45:10 AM »
The US Homeland Security has finally banned the use of Kapersky Lab software for 'security reasons'.  Agencys have 1 month to map out the use and 3 to begin removal of the software.

http://themoscowtimes.com/news/united-states-bans-kaspersky-lab-products-over-security-concerns-58942

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5448 on: September 14, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »

Don't care either. :rolleyes:

YOU should ... you don't live in the USA ...

It just exposes them for being tools of the midget and his crew.

Actually, the action is likely to result in non govt owned US owned news agencies being banned in Russia .... (

Me, I trust folks to disseminate

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5449 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:26 PM »
If so then Russia will continue to alienate itself from the rest of the world. The west can get along fine w/o Russia.  But Russia continues to  go down the path of imperialism and cause problems and sponsor terrorism to that end.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541426
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2156
Total: 2164

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM