It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from the UK; brief intro  (Read 10739 times)

Offline Mappy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello from the UK; brief intro
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:45:56 AM »
I start by thanking this site's regular contributors for all the valuable info and advice that is on this site; a few days' lurking has already taught me a great deal.

I wasn't looking for an RW.  Three weeks' ago out of the blue I received a like and a message on an open dating site, on which I had a defunct profile.  She had a UK location but knowing Eastern Europe well (never been to R) I could see she was not.  I joined up to receive her message in which she provided an email, and her photo and message were sufficiently intriguing for me to reply.

Anyhow straight off she said she was in Russia (Kirov province) and we've been corresponding daily ever since.

I know the scam risk and I think the warning signs are:

- the way she made first contact
- her first messages were clearly templates; she liked my profile despite there not being much info in it
- some of the photos she sends me are professionally posed (others are selfies)

On the other hand:

- our correspondence is personal and she answers most of my questions
- I can't find any of her photos or unusual phrasing in net searches
- she is divorced in her 40s and I am in my 50s so the situation isn't unrealistic
- she *seems* genuine and credible; there is no hurry to intimacy, no mention of money, most of her messages are about her desire for a relationship and she talks about her reservations and wanting to take time. We are currently talking about a classical novel we are both reading, which seems a lot of trouble for a scammer to go to.

Anyhow I have no intention of being scammed, and am being very cautious.  She is clearly an attractive and interesting woman, but who knows whether we are compatible.  I wouldn't be able to contemplate a visit until early next year.  Nevertheless I would rather find out sooner if things are not as they seem.  I have no idea how long she's been trawling UK dating sites for a contact, but is presenting as if I am the first serious response.

The above is just for an introduction for you guys to explain why I signed up here, but even at this very early stage any pointers from those who have trodden the path would be great. 

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from the UK; brief intro
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »
Welcome. 

Are you paying to communicate with her? 

The sooner you can get to Skype VIDEO and interact with her, the sooner you will know if she is real.  Otherwise it might just be Hairy Boris yanking your chain.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Hi Mappy,  :welcome:

- she *seems* genuine and credible; there is no hurry to intimacy, no mention of money, most of her messages are about her desire for a relationship and she talks about her reservations and wanting to take time. We are currently talking about a classical novel we are both reading, which seems a lot of trouble for a scammer to go to.

Actually, that's how I ended up with my only current prospect as well, though she never initiated conversations  :-\  :D

In my opinion, for women in their 40s, I don't think you'll come across many scammers or golddiggers. Putting myself in their shoes, at 40+ years of age, I can't imagine why they would want more drama in life just to be more financially better off when they know they simply can't compete with the overwhelming number of young beautiful ladies in their 20s or 30s (the ideal profiles for scammers as the target market would be bigger)?

Anyhow, anything's possible. I guess the only way to know for sure is to talk more especially on skype and visit perhaps, especially her family relatives for better judgement. Also, there's the "10 commandments" posted somewhere in the RWD forums and I think that's a good guideline.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:11:26 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Mappy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »
Hi, and thanks, yes I saw the 10Cs and am following them, except I have no contact details as yet other than email. 

No, I am not paying for contact; it's just email.  Never having used Skype I haven't proposed this yet.

I have been trying to suss out her education; she says she did college study as a designer (relatively recently rather than aged 20 by the sound of it) but she can't find a job that uses her qualification.  Her (or Boris's claimed) reading material suggests she is educated but she hasn't ever travelled further than St P.  My rough impression given language etc. is that she is intelligent but not very worldly wise.  She has no internet trace that I can find.  But then even I was bright enough to create a new webmail address.

Anyhow, even if Boris, he is an entertaining correspondent and until the point where he needs something from me I guess I only risk feeling foolish by pressing on.

If genuine and we press on I was thinking a big Russian city for a first visit, so her relatives wouldn't come into the picture.  Where she lives is seriously hard to get to, or so it seems to me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:31:44 AM by Mappy »

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »
Hi Mappy,  :welcome:

Actually, that's how I ended up with my only current prospect as well, though she never initiated conversations  :-\  :D

In my opinion, for women in their 40s, I don't think you'll come across many scammers or golddiggers. Putting myself in their shoes, at 40+ years of age, I can't imagine why they would want more drama in life just to be more financially better off when they know they simply can't compete with the overwhelming number of young beautiful ladies in their 20s or 30s (the ideal profiles for scammers as the target market would be bigger)?

Anyhow, anything's possible. I guess the only way to know for sure is to talk more especially on skype and visit perhaps, especially her family relatives for better judgement. Also, there's the "10 commandments" posted somewhere in the RWD forums and I think that's a good guideline.

ERROR!!!
Please remember that these are rather slick people, they adjust themselves after the target.
I would be interested to know the site in question, was it a site towards FSU women, or something like match.com or equal (= high scammer warning)

I shit you not.. This is how I ended up looking for my mrs nightwish in FSU, I got a message on a datingsite connected to facebook, Zoosk or something. In the first letter "she" told me "she" was from Russia (ofc she was Swedish on the site) , she was 37-38 something and lived in rural Russia somewhere. And "she" sent me a gazillion of pictures of her for that first month we stayed in contact.

Now remember I was fresh out of a marriage, I had not even looked to the east, this just came out of the blue..

But we talked about everything, emails were directed to me personally, all questions answered and "she" took a real interest in me. but "she" had of course NO way to videocall, no smartphone, and "she" knew no one who had a webcam, "she" only had an old computer at home. "She" even sent me pictures of "her" in front of it.

Very long story short, I enjoyed this new form of communication, it was daily letters and after a couple of weeks, two very short phonecalls, but I could not call "her" because of her "priceplan" so she had to call me from a landline.. and did so, but it was very short, just "good to hear your voice and kisses, bye"
and I could distinctly hear she was in a callcenter of some kind, I worked in one so I know that background noise anywhere.. I 'knew' this was fake, but continued the conversation to see where it could lead, I mean I could be wrong..
and she fell in love, she wanted to see me, she wanted to visit me because it was so difficult to travel to her, she would take leave from work and come.

And sure enough, then the questions started coming, can you help me with money for passport and visa and tickets and new shoes... bla bla bla.. at the end she sent me a copy of her ID, by that time I had started looking in to this "scam business" and sure enough, the ID was a clear fake..

So forget that anything is past these guys, they adapt and change depending on who they are targeting. And the scams are elaborate. 

Get her on the phone, get her on videocall, she can be genuine, and it can be a scam.. we simply dont know yet.. :)
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:27 AM »
Nightwish the first part of your post describes my experience precisely.  It was a UK dating site not Match, and she claimed to be UK but the photo was in folk costume (modest and very fetching).

If it pans out as yours does, then at the first mention of money I am gone. 

One thing I do notice is that I get precisely one email a day from her, including weekends, whereas occasionally I skip a day or send two.

She mentioned the classic novel first, so I decided to order it partly as a test; she has yet to refer to anything specific in it (but then I have yet to read it).  But I suppose the call centre can easily Google some Amazon reviews.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:59:04 AM by Mappy »

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »
It is important to note that every Russian/Ukrainian woman has a smart phone.  I know of no exceptions.  While many use Viber or WhatsApp (we talked about this on another thread) give her the option of how she wants to communicate but insist on a video call.  Relationships are real or they aren't.  You should expect to be able to talk, extensively, with a woman who is interested in you.

We have said this so many times here, before, but if a woman is into you, you will know it.  (My woman sent me pictures today of the wedding dress she wants to wear when we get married.  She also knows how hot she will look in said dress and wants me to start thinking of what our wedding will look like. I told her that he could not wear said dress because her belly would be big with our daughter or son.  That killed the marriage talk for this morning as she is not sure if she wants another child.)

And when a woman truly loves you, from Eastern Europe, it is like Love Heroin.  She will intoxicate you with her love.  Now, I generalize.  But I am not the only one with this opinion. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »
It is important to note that every Russian/Ukrainian woman has a smart phone.  I know of no exceptions.  While many use Viber or WhatsApp (we talked about this on another thread) give her the option of how she wants to communicate but insist on a video call.  Relationships are real or they aren't.  You should expect to be able to talk, extensively, with a woman who is interested in you.

We have said this so many times here, before, but if a woman is into you, you will know it.  (My woman sent me pictures today of the wedding dress she wants to wear when we get married.  She also knows how hot she will look in said dress and wants me to start thinking of what our wedding will look like. I told her that he could not wear said dress because her belly would be big with our daughter or son.  That killed the marriage talk for this morning as she is not sure if she wants another child.)

And when a woman truly loves you, from Eastern Europe, it is like Love Heroin.  She will intoxicate you with her love.  Now, I generalize.  But I am not the only one with this opinion.

I however would say... mm a woman in her 40's, I have come across a few that didn't have it, they didn't want to know how to use one, they wanted the comfort of a phone that had a battery that lasted more then 6 hours at a time.. its not impossible she don't have one, but! She knows someone who does and she would jump on the chance to speak to you with cam live if you asked her, if she was the real deal.

All women I have become that serious with have jumped through hoops to be able to see me on cam, talk to me on the phone. One didn't have a camera and only a stationary computer at home, she begged and pleaded at her workplace to borrow a laptop (with a really shitty camera) just to be able to let me see her and she could see me. After that first look at me, she saved up and went out to buy a smartphone (I am that handsome)  :)
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »
I start by thanking this site's regular contributors for all the valuable info and advice that is on this site; a few days' lurking has already taught me a great deal.

Great another Brit ? ! ;)  Welcome.

Sounds iffy - but as you say - see how it pans out and be ready to bail out at the first whiff of financial aid being sought

Good luck

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
It is important to note that every Russian/Ukrainian woman has a smart phone.

NO - they don't ....  Especially if they are 'unattractive' to the local guys ....((   Those that do - esp. if they are single Mum's - it's likely a 'present '

SC's got a BY and UA friend living in pretty crappy accommodation in Sochi .. one has her old Alcatel flip phone which replaced a then 9yr old Nokia, t'other has a Samsung flip phone.

Neither have internet / email capabilities. The UA lady has a planchette ( Tablet ) of unknown Chinese (?) origin that's about 4 years old. It does not have a sim card.

Offline JayH

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »
NO - they don't ....  Especially if they are 'unattractive' to the local guys ....((   Those that do - esp. if they are single Mum's - it's likely a 'present '

SC's got a BY and UA friend living in pretty crappy accommodation in Sochi .. one has her old Alcatel flip phone which replaced a then 9yr old Nokia, t'other has a Samsung flip phone.

Neither have internet / email capabilities. The UA lady has a planchette ( Tablet ) of unknown Chinese (?) origin that's about 4 years old. It does not have a sim card.

I agree with Moby ( yes really!!).
It is a major mistake to say "everyone" has a smart phone. It is simply not true.
That applies even more to 35yo plus generation . Phones cost plenty -- and she may want one-- but never prioritised it.
The same re computers-- to say 'everyone" has access is not correct either.
Sometimes equipment can be older --funnily enough a point Moby makes above too.

I doing the everyday things of life -I have had the opportunity to stand around in phone shops waiting for tech  guy/girl -- and observed a cross section of phones people had-- and older models are common.

In places that sell second hand phones--the large majority are still older type phones of 5-10 years ago.
That is not say that there are not plenty with smart phones --but not "everyone" --that would be a potentially bad presumption.

FWIW -- in Ukraine you can buy a very decent smart phone for UAH4000 ish . As per the west--you can now buy on on a plan with monthly payments. That also appeals to the younger people !!

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 06:49:44 PM »
On the other hand:

- she is divorced in her 40s and I am in my 50s so the situation isn't unrealistic

If the girl likes you, she'd want to progress past emails. Women tend to wait for the man to make the first move. Get on the phone or Skype with her and do it often. She should be thrilled to hear your voice. Also scammers will give you their numbers but they won't be enthusiastic about your calls very long unless you're sending money. Phone and Skype may help you two get closer or may get you to understand the conversation with the lady is clumsy and awkward. If you can't enjoy a conversation with her now, you probably shouldn't be going on a multi thousand Dollar/Pound/Euro first date with her.

Why wait till next year to visit her? If you determine she's a winner in within the next two weeks, don't waste more of your life waiting. Go see her. You'll either learn you want to be with her or move on to the next girl.

Welcome to the forum Mappy.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 09:25:51 PM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

To be honest I have been suspicious from the start, given the situation and on a 'too good to be true' basis.  It was only the apparent appeal, and the credibility of the divorced 40s situation that has kept me hooked.  There is still something that doesn't feel right so I have been holding back with the personal information.

When I review her emails there was actually one time she skipped a day and then told me a story about how she had to pay for her internet every month; she had been late with a payment and been cut off, and had to go to the bank to make it good.  No request for any help, but as a hook it was there if I wanted to bite, and at the time it seemed a funny arrangement to have.

If she has home (or phone) internet, the absence of any back-and-forth communication when I reply to her promptly is still the one thing that doesn't feel like a normal response, given how keen *she* appears to be.

If it is a scam I am not that keen to be sharing personal contact details etc, or to get too emotionally invested.  I can feel that being scammed like this is a very sad situation to be in, particularly for someone who might be more desperate .  All she/they have at the moment is an email used for nothing else.

Anyhow, regardless the experience has brought me to this forum and opened my eyes to a potential path that previously I would have not considered.

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
Hi Mappy

You may have read that there is a FSU 'thing' in that the man is expected to pay - 'no going Dutch' in the dating phase and to support the family - which can only be the two of you ... 'family' doesn't necessary mean an intent to have kids ;)

This often causes guys to think 'scammer' and might leave a lass blinking..

You are quite correct not to have bitten. You haven't met, yet. 

Nightwish's made a good point... Have you progressed past the emails stage..?

Video-chat is normally something folks with a burgeoning interest naturally move to. Even if she has a small data package - she'd find someone / somewhere with decent internet. There's certainly no excuse not to move to a voice chat

With Skype there's no risk of losing privacy as t'other party doesn't gets to see your mobile (cell) number - unlike viber / Whatsapp... if it turns out she's not genuine - one click on block and she's toast..  You can set Skype to allow allow calls from folks you have in your contact list

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »
To be honest I have been suspicious from the start, given the situation and on a 'too good to be true' basis.

Paranoia will destroya.

If you were communicating with tons of women, you'd give yourself choices and wouldn't put up with someone who gives you doubts. Maybe all women give you doubts? She hasn't asked for money so it's best to move past emails and learn more about her. Judge her enthusiasm when she hears your voice.

As far as a woman being too good to be true, why do you think there are women out of your league? You may not be a 10 in looks but you can be a 10 in intelligence or character.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »

Paranoia will destroya.

SO true Billy!!  :sad:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Mappy

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:15 AM »
Paranoia is way better than gullibility!

Anyhow, this was all progressing nicely.  She volunteered her mobile number and I have spoken to her briefly.  We correspond daily and I was looking forward to telling you guys of my intended visit to Russia to meet her in November. I have photos of her with her mother and with her sister.  None appear on the internet (indeed she has no trace at all).

Then out of the blue today she says she can get thirty days off work and thinks she can travel here to meet me in the UK. (I reply, no, most likely she can't).

So having concluded she is genuine, my alarm bells are ringing again.  Other potential flags are:

- still only one email from her daily, regular as clockwork
- whilst she responds to most questions in the previous email, I have no sense that our earlier correspondence registers with her.  The book we were supposed both to be reading has never been mentioned again
- my requests for a particular (decent) photo of her have all been ignored
- my query about her wedding ring in her photos (from a husband who apparently left her five years ago for another woman, leading to divorce) were dismissed with a comment about how it means nothing and she just likes wearing rings. How credible is this in Russia?

So now I am back in paranoid mode awaiting the request for funding for her planned thirty-day visit to see me.  This change of plan shouts 'scam' to me.  In which case I can only warn readers of this forum that some of these scammers are a lot more convincing and sophisticated than you'd think from reading some of the anti-scam advice around on the internet.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:10:56 AM by Mappy »

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »
The classic Visa scam opener ..

Wish her luck with the application, by all means - but you will almost certainly be asked to 'help'..

As you've probably figured - the chances of her getting a visa - if she mentions meeting you - are zip - if you've never met and unless YOU guarantee her stay ..

Offline jone

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
How does she look when you interact with her in video?  Does she trim her beard?   

The simple fact is that until she is willing to interact with you on a video call, and based on her origin, she is absolutely a scammer.  The idea that she would all of a sudden open up and come to the UK without interacting on video is ludicrous.

The idea that she would come to the UK is in direct response to not wishing you to come to Russia.  It is a method to milk you of money without ever forcing the scammer to reveal their hand.  I would make some type of statement that you never send money for ANY reason until after you have met in person. 

Just a couple of notes:  There is a summary of your relationship that a person reads to react to your emails.   Most likely it is not the same person corresponding with you daily, but whoever happens to be at the shop that day.  A single operative in a scam shop will have forty or fifty conversations going at any one time.

While the pics may have been authentic from a gal who wanted to meet someone from another country, after the first couple of months that profile is almost certainly run by one of the agency employees as the woman long ago lost interest.

Offline jone

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
As an alternative, if I had suspicions about a gal being a scammer, I might float the idea that there is money on the table to see if 'she' picks it up.  One time 'she' was talking about not having a good phone.  I asked how much a new one would cost.  'She' then led me down the road of buying a phone with me providing the money.  Without question, I knew 'she' was a scammer and no longer wasted any time with her.

Hey, as Nighwish said, these agency operatives are very good at portraying a woman looking for a man.  And there is absolutely nothing 'she' has done in your reports that lead me to believe that 'she' is the real deal.

Offline Mappy

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:19 AM »
Thanks for the above advice.

I am no mug and think I can see the way this is going.

I will play the thing out to see how it ends.  The experience will hopefully be useful for new readers of the forum.

As someone who has lost a previous partner to cancer and has suffered a brain tumour myself, I am used to a bit of emotional cost in life. Nevertheless I can see already that the emotional cost of engaging with these scammers is way higher than whatever £/$ gets wasted on the experience (which in my case will be zero).

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 08:31:52 AM »
It is important to note that every Russian/Ukrainian woman has a smart phone. 

Jon, Jon, Jon . . . No they do not.
Plenty do not.  Plenty of USA folks do not have a smart phone either.
None of wife's family or friends back in Ukraine have smart phones.
Actually, they are pretty silly.
The idea of a phone is to make phone calls.
Flip phones are just fine for making phone calls and are much less hassle to learn and use.
If someone wants to talk and view other person . . . that's what Skype is for.  We only turn on Skype when at home and have some free time to relax and talk. 
Holding those smart phones or any mobile phone to your head for lengthy periods causes your dick to shrink.
It is not just a matter of money either.
Spouse and I could afford smart phones, but don't want to waste the money, just like we don't want to waste money on many other things.
Even with my flip phone, I don't even turn it on unless I am away from the house and spouse might need to call me.
People are always asking me for my mobile phone number, but I tell them it would be a waste of time for them because I don't have it turned on most of the time and don't have it set up to even record messages.
For my real estate sales, I don't list any phone number on the ads and signs.  Only an email address is listed.  Much more efficient because that way someone writes, and I just send them back a standard message giving the info that they would be asking me in a lengthy phone conversation.
Same with all my other business connections which are shrinking anyway.
Phones are a huge time waster; quadruple that for smart phones.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »
- my query about her wedding ring in her photos (from a husband who apparently left her five years ago for another woman, leading to divorce) were dismissed with a comment about how it means nothing and she just likes wearing rings. How credible is this in Russia?

It's not.

As far as phones are concerned, I've yet to meet a woman here under 50 who doesn't have a smartphone.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline jone

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
It's not.

As far as phones are concerned, I've yet to meet a woman here under 50 who doesn't have a smartphone.

Ya know, I had a gal in Moscow that I met through a website.  I liked her.  We had some mutual interests.  But she had a wedding ring on her right hand in the pictures.  I mentioned that in passing.  She laughed and said that they were selfies and that it was her left hand that had the ring.  LOL!

But, while some people know of women that do not have smart phones, I have traveled widely in Russia (and Ukraine).   I can understand some circumstances.  But there is not one person on this forum who can convince me that someone who is sending EMAILS every day does not have access to one - or a computer that can Skype or WhatsApp or Viber.   Duh.  E-Mails are sent from a computer with access to the internet. 

You don't even need to put your thinking cap on to understand that there is something not right about the interaction. 

Many of the pictures that turn up on the internet websites are taken from Facebook, models, porn stars, whomever.  Some of the profiles are of real women who, at one time wanted to find a man.  It is just not that woman that you are getting the emails from.

For example, these pictures were of a gal on a popular international dating site that I had been a member of.  Called herself Menjo Forbing, from Cameroon.  The truth?  She is a little known porn actress called Anya Ivy.   I don't know how I got on this Menjo Forbing's list, but the pictures I received were progressively racy.  I couldn't imagine that the nudes that she was sending weren't professional - so I used Google Images, and there she was.

To the OP:

There are respectable web repositories that have women who are sincere.  Elena's Models comes to mind.  Sure, there is a small risk of scamming for these sites.  But the site that contacted you has scamming as its main purpose. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »
Mappy-

Good you didn't get fleeced (yet). I've often said in this fora to ~Never Abandon your Wits and Instinct~. You knew this based on your first post, where you said the following:

Quote from:  Mappy's instinct
I know the scam risk and I think the warning signs are:

- the way she made first contact
- her first messages were clearly templates; she liked my profile despite there not being much info in it
- some of the photos she sends me are professionally posed (others are selfies)...

Instincts almost never fail us majority of the time. It is the delusional within us in this affair that usually defy it...you almost did when you countered your spidey sense and whispered...

Quote from: Mappy's delusional, sex-starved alter-ego
On the other hand:

- she *seems* genuine and credible; there is no hurry to intimacy, no mention of money, most of her messages are about her desire for a relationship and she talks about her reservations and wanting to take time. We are currently talking about a classical novel we are both reading, which seems a lot of trouble for a scammer to go to...

Phase I is behind you. Passed it with a B-.

You may now enter the next phase of your adventure.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:08:07 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM