It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 264271 times)

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »
Price Update:

McDs Double Cheeseburger Meal (Menu they call it here) including large french fries and large soda holding steady at same price as in May; 26 grievna.

Large chocolate muffin increased from 8 to 8.50 grievna.
Ice cream cone increased from 2.50 to 3.00 grievna.

FX rate is 7.95 gr to 1 USD.

And no, I don't take women to McDs, but I do go there by myself when my women are working, because it is a block away.

Talked with two early 20 something gals at McDs again today.  They spoke perfect English and were very interested to talk with me at length.  Then off to their Univ classes; and never even offered to take my hand to guide me back to my apt.

Smart to avoid the age trap fantasy, hang in there!

Nothing wrong with taking your date to McD's as long as that is where you enjoy going. Pretending to be something you are not is a recipe for disaster.

It was a standing joke through the first winter of our relationship when I was meeting my future wife in the mornings with a steaming double espresso and a muffin from the Kreshatyk Metro McD. I think back on all the absolute idiots who insisted that I was doomed since I never gave her flowers and laugh, especially since so many of them are on their 15th, 23rd and such girlfriends.

Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:56 AM »
Quote from: ManLooking on June 22, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
 But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future.

- - - -

VWRW:

I do not understand how any woman with the faculty to think logically would continue corresponding with you after this declaration of yours.  This statement is atelltale indication of your inability to commit to a woman and that any woman is going to be only a temporary entertainment for you and under no circumstances, she is going to be the only one, regardless of what and who she is.

= = = = = =

Your logic is faulty here.  A refusal to talk about other persons past, current and future (and to ask questions about same) says absolutely zero about ability to commit.

Rather, such refusal and lack of prying questions is merely good manners.

I sent such words to hundreds of women, and not a one refused to continue based on those words.  So I think you must be misreading.

Yes, it was  probably an exaggeration on my part to say that you are unable of the commitment. It is more likely that you are unwilling to commit to a woman for whatever reason rather than unable to do that. 

In my life, I have met some people who would refuse to talk about their past or present partners, most of these people are devoted spouses and pleasant people in general. Therefore, I would like to emphasize that the refusal to answer or ask questions about the past or present partners do NOT indicate unwillingness to commit in my mind.

However, your declaration encompasses people from the future and presupposes your confidence that under ANY condition, you are not going to be the last man in a given woman’s life and she is not going to be the last woman in your life.

I agree that a generic refusal to talk about anything in your own and in other person’s past, current and future says little about ability to commit. However, your refusal was NOT generic; you clearly specified that you are not going to talk about the future women in your life and the future men in her life.

A while ago, more than hundreds of women believed that the earth was the center of the universe; yet, they were wrong.  Time will tell who, I or the hundreds of women, misread your assertion.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:10:22 PM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »

This steep price hike I suspect will be because of the poor crop from the Conocipus tree this summer (too hot) in Azerbaijan, which is the main exporter of cones to Ukraine.

Did you notice any movement in the price of a ‘Happy Meal’? It’s a definite positive IMO to dating youngsters as they love going to Maccies and the price is good, not to mention the occasional toy thrown in. I don’t know if this has been mentioned as a big plus in any of the dating books … it should have been.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
Upon reflection and checking my email words, I am changing the wording slightly from my earlier post to add the word 'imagined.' This may not make much difference in the opinions and conclusions of readers here, but maybe.  Here is revised.

"But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or "imagined' future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future."

What I intended to get at was the obvious desire they mostly all had about would I be meeting other women on the particular trip.  Anyway, they seemed to all understand as there were only maybe a handful that subsequently broached the subject in emails (they were dropped) and I can only remember 1 case where the woman brought it up in one of our actual  meetings.  That was our last meeting.

Vast majority of women never even commented on my words.  I remembered two nice response as below . . . even as they maybe didn't really mean it.

"I'm not interested information about other possible women.
I am interested in you as a person, your character and habits, and
whether the compatibility between us."

"I'll be interested in you, and not other womens or mens.  I no like to talk these things :)))))))) "
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:08:12 PM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
This steep price hike I suspect will be because of the poor crop from the Conocipus tree this summer (too hot) in Azerbaijan, which is the main exporter of cones to Ukraine.

Actually if you follow the news, there has been a big rift between Azerbaijan and Ukraine.  Some slickster types cut some branches from those trees, kept them in water filled jars until new roots started and planted them in Ukraine.  First yield is expected in 2011.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Daveman

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:17 PM »
Price Update:

McDs Double Cheeseburger Meal (Menu they call it here) including large french fries and large soda holding steady at same price as in May; 26 grievna.

Large chocolate muffin increased from 8 to 8.50 grievna.

FX rate is 7.95 gr to 1 USD.

And no, I don't take women to McDs, but I do go there by myself when my women are working, because it is a block away.

Talked with two early 20 something gals at McDs again today.  They spoke perfect English and were very interested to talk with me at length.  Then off to their Univ classes; and never even offered to take my hand to guide me back to my apt.

>>McD's<<

Yep, same here.  It's the ONLY place around that I have found which really has decent freshly brewed American style coffee.  Other places have excellent specialty type coffee drinks (e.g., cappuccino), but straight ole big cup USA style coffee is hard to find.  I usually hit McD's several times a week. Nescafe Gold is ok, but just ain't the same.  :P
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »
Nothing wrong with taking your date to McD's as long as that is where you enjoy going. Pretending to be something you are not is a recipe for disaster.
I had 3 ladies insist on me taking them to lunch at McD's. 
Also met my wife at Kyiv train station McD.
...as long as that is where you enjoy going. 
I also survived a lunch at Ponte Vedra Beach Hooter's outdoor patio.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »
I had 3 ladies insist on me taking them to lunch at McD's. 
Also met my wife at Kyiv train station McD.I also survived a lunch at Ponte Vedra Beach Hooter's outdoor patio.

Yeah, despite all the righteous indignation you hear, you have to stand in line to get waited on and seating is so tight it is common to sit at tables with strangers (another thing my wife finds amazing about Americans expecting privacy while eating).
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 10:51:37 AM »
Even for those of us who have been around FSU culture and living situations for a long time; still find it hilarious sometimes the things that arise.

One of my women has two late teenagers and they all live with her parents.  Large place (4 rooms) for the standards here.  Very close family.  She is trying to plan a sleep over at my place.  She keeps pushing for a certain day and night which doesn't work well for me.  When I pressed her why that day so important . . . It's because her father will be out of town and not know about her 'escapades.'

I laughed very hard and told her my USA friends would get a real hoot from this story regarding a 45 year old woman.  She agreed and said "I know, I know; but it is our life here."

She also admitted that her father and mother actually view her as just another teenager living there at home.

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
Upon reflection and checking my email words, I am changing the wording slightly from my earlier post to add the word 'imagined.' This may not make much difference in the opinions and conclusions of readers here, but maybe.  Here is revised.

"But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or "imagined' future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future."

Okay, let’s assume that once you have committed to a woman, you can only foresee having imagined women.  Fine. However, there is still a problem with the second part of your statement, which indicates your attitude toward fidelity of women to their sexual partners.  Why do you believe your chosen woman is going to have future men once she is in relationship with you? Unless you have a tendency to image your woman having additional men, you cannot be certain that the chosen woman will be prone to engage in infidelity.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:09:38 AM by vwrw »

Offline Vinnvinny

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 05:44:19 AM »
Actually if you follow the news, there has been a big rift between Azerbaijan and Ukraine.  Some slickster types cut some branches from those trees, kept them in water filled jars until new roots started and planted them in Ukraine.  First yield is expected in 2011.

This can only be good news.  ;D

Offline Jumper

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
VWRW-

while manlooking can answer himself..

my guess is  it (past, present and future) was used more as a somewhat common  *expression*.
and not intended to be taken so literally.

The tagged on word *future* likely doesn't represent worries regarding future men (or women),
and woman familiar with the expression would not think anything about the term..or its possible  literal meaning.

I think most RW would pass over it, regaerdless what they thought, either not take it literally, or attribute it to miscommunicatuion and try to clear it up as you have done.
I truly doubt it would hurt ML's chances at all,
but perhaps  illustrates how tedious specific language usage, especially in regards to expressions, or any slang, can be?

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 03:50:30 PM »
VWRW-

while manlooking can answer himself..

my guess is  it (past, present and future) was used more as a somewhat common  *expression*.
and not intended to be taken so literally.

The tagged on word *future* likely doesn't represent worries regarding future men (or women),
and woman familiar with the expression would not think anything about the term..or its possible  literal meaning.

I think most RW would pass over it, regaerdless what they thought, either not take it literally, or attribute it to miscommunicatuion and try to clear it up as you have done.
I truly doubt it would hurt ML's chances at all,
but perhaps  illustrates how tedious specific language usage, especially in regards to expressions, or any slang, can be?

I absolutely agree with you AJ that the majority of women he has corresponded with would give little, if any, attention to his declaration, and this declaration hardly affects his chances of getting what he wishes from the women.

I also think you are correct that the majority of women would attribute his declaration to   miscommunication or idiomatic language usage rather than to his belief that each of them can only hope to have a few sexual encounters with him at the maximum.

And I got your hint about tediousness of the issue in question and promise not to dwell on the declaration of his anymore.  :D

Offline Jumper

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
And I got your hint about tediousness of the issue in question and promise not to dwell on the declaration of his anymore.  Cheesy

lol! :)
 actually that  was not aimed in your direction..

It was from my own past frustrations ,or first hand experience, with this issue.

It is natural to occur..and expected..
 and couples in this situation seem to normally get past it with a laugh ,,
yet at  other times ,it can be a crazy sticking point .. for apparently no reason to either party.

Typically it is amusing later,
but at those "tense moments" not so much ..

:ROFL:

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
My opinion is that RW are less interested than AW in a man's PAST women.  AW tend to dwell on past relationships, while RW tend to say "Past is Past."  I find that refreshing. 

Regarding PRESENT women and making a declaration of "No questions about my VM plans," perhaps it is better to not make such declarations, especailly in writing.  I found that few RW would raise the subject.  If a RW mentions it when talking, it can be deflected.   Deflection is more diplomatic than a written declaration.

FUTURE women?  :ROFL:

ManLooking,
I too spent unattached months in Ukraine and Russia.  Enjoy your time with the UW ladies.  I am jealous.

I hope you have a rewarding trip.  Usually, natural filters sort everything out by the end.   

Offline kievstar

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
My experience with RW is they want your past to not be discussed and for you not to dwell on it.  Really not important to them.  But if you bring it up never going to end up good as you should be talking about the future.

Offline Daveman

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

One of my women has two late teenagers and they all live with her parents. 

Doesn't that scare the hell out of everyone?   8)  At least Zombies are in fashion this time of year!

RW, family ties and pryin' eyes, and sneakin'... yeah, there's a lot of that goin' on.  And it is hilarious.   :P

As far as past history goes, I definitely have been asked some pointed, invasive questions over the years.  Some I'll answer without great detail and others I'll just say " I don't want to talk about it" or something similar.  I am amazed at how well they accept that.. or at least seem to. 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 08:14:39 AM »

I am officially the “World’s Greatest Man.”

Heard it direct from two FSUW, so that is the word all breathe by here right?

Story. 

One of my gals asked me to take her female cousin to lunch.
What is she like I asked.  Oh, very tall, very slender, long glossy black hair, 53 never married. [ bell rings softly ]
She is studying English and wants to talk with native speaker.
She is very nice. [My gal doesn’t know the phrase; but it is the same as ‘she has a great personality.’] [bell rings louder.]
You will go to Avlabar Pectopah (inside joke for those who know) on Pushkinska and meet her at 2 PM, and I will arrive at 4 PM.
How will I know her, do you have a pic to show me?
No, I have no pic, but she knows what you look like.  Don’t worry. [loud bell rings]

I arrive at appointed time and OMG.  Yes, tall, slender, beautiful hair . . . but buck teeth, scarecrow face, and one eye crossed severely to center.
So I look for table where I can sit beside her.  But no . . . she wants to sit across from me to better see my mouth movement with the words, etc.  OMG   two hours to look!!

My gal arrives at 4 PM.  I give her the WTF look as she was well expecting.  She just gives me weak smile.

Finally the cousin leaves.  I give my gal the WTF look again.

She says, Da, da, I know.  Of course I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to be afraid or paniced at her looks in pic.  But my cousin told me you are The Greatest Man in the World and I think so too.  Spacibo bolshoya for doing this for me.  And now we will go to your flat and I will show you even more appreciation.

OK, all is well that ends well.  The things I do for my country!

P.S.  Cousin also told she now wants to look for man on internet.  Anyone interested?

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:33 AM »
Yes, their will ALWAYS be exceptions to most everything but for the most part, for the greatest part, I will also agree with what Gator and kievstar have said as I have witnessed it several times. RW are not so much interested in past relationships, past women.  Current women, da da da, but not the past.

And ManLooking, you did good.  I would have been pissed, have been pisssed, when something similar happened to me. You handled it in the most gentleman of manners.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »
And ManLooking, you did good.  I would have been pissed, have been pisssed, when something similar happened to me. You handled it in the most gentleman of manners.

Oh, yeah.  ML deserves a medal for deigning to sit with an unattractive woman for a couple of hours. :rolleyes2:
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2010, 09:09:09 AM »
Hhhmmm...and many will make you believe that FSUWs are pragmatic and will never play games...

ML, I bow to you for being patient. Personally, I would've ditch the broad, but that's just me.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »
ManLooking,

I don't see how having lunch with a cousin of "one of your gals" is noteworthy.   

I like to believe that almost all AM would want:  1) to help any friend or relative of his "gal" and 2) to meet the gal's family to learn more about the gal.

Does the fact that she was odd looking make this noteworthy?  If the cousin were a man (with a broken nose and a  mouth overflowing with gold teeth) would you have felt differently?  Would you even write about it?  Unless I am misinterpreting something, this seems to be an example supporting Boethius's observation about men objectifying women.

Perhaps the inside joke about the restaurant explains all.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
ManLooking,

Don't take the meeting with the cousin at face value.  It is possible that the meeting with the cousin was less about hearing correct English and more about checking you out. 

Cousins can be close in Russia, essentially sisters (and I have the impression that the Russian words for the two are similar as I have been confused at times about who is a cousin and who is a sister).  The "gal" is interested in you, very interested.  She wants to know what her cousin thinks about you, e. g. does she believe you are a "good" man?

Evidently you passed with flying colors.  You should feel good.

Please keep reporting.  Very interesting.

Offline vwrw

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »

I don't see how having lunch with a cousin of "one of your gals" is noteworthy.   

She is noteworthy because she complimented him. If you look at ML’s posts in this report, you will notice that he reports mostly about women who gave him compliment in one way or another.

I remember him claiming that women’s compliments have zero value for him. In the light of his opinion about compliments, I cannot understand why he considers their compliments to be worthy of noting in his report.

Offline Turboguy

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
Yes, their will ALWAYS be exceptions to most everything but for the most part, for the greatest part, I will also agree with what Gator and kievstar have said as I have witnessed it several times. RW are not so much interested in past relationships, past women.  Current women, da da da, but not the past.

The topic of being interested in past relationships became our lunch time discussion topic Jack and my wife feels otherwise.  She feels that learning about past relationships can be an indicator of what a woman might have to deal with in any relationship a woman had with that man.  I won't say I ever asked any woman about past relationships to any degree but do feel some of the conversations that were offered helped me to learn more about the person so I tend to think I agree with her. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1908
Total: 1919

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM