It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 110074 times)

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
It's a wink, re the truth.

How can you miss this?  It is very obvious.

Must be a "cultural misunderstanding".  :-\
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »
Must be a "cultural misunderstanding".  :-\

No, it's pretty clear. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »

No, it's pretty clear.

Yes it is  8)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »
  She is from Russia and has been here nearly 9 years.  She just happens to think AW get a bit of a raw deal and really aren't quite as bad as some of us portray them.

I can read some of men's posts here and understand how people will get worked up over what they say. They may have one or more bad experiences with AW to form their views. They may have one or more bad experiences with family court to form their views. If it were a few guys in this forum that looked down at the average AW and marriage with one, we can dismiss them as disgruntled men. The fact is major changes are happening in our society were AM don't want to marry. That means what you're reading here is the view more and more men in this nation are embracing.

Young beautiful women do not stay content with the old fat goats.

That is true. If a man wants to catch a better woman, even if she's from the FSU, he should be a better man than his competition or he may not catch her and if he does, he'll lose her later down the road.

It's okay if women criticize men if they're fat, lazy and stinky just as the men are criticizing the women. Without criticism, we will have less motivation to improve ourselves. Improving is a good thing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »

I just state the fact. Young beautiful women do not stay content with the old fat goats. It ends sooner or later. Happened more than once on this very forum, and this is only the stories that went public.

A woman who has some wisdom, knows that after 25, each year her value "in the marketplace" declines. 

A woman with children who is divorced, in the FSU is seen mostly as a plaything for bed and not a woman to be serious about. 

Increasingly in the USA, this is also the view.

So the fat old goat should get the girl pregnant  ;D

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »

So the fat old goat should get the girl pregnant  ;D

My guess is that doing that would do less to keep her in the marriage and more to insure that when she leaves he spends 18 years living close to the poverty level.

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »

But the division of assets always tends to benefit the woman (in 95% + of the cases).

My husbands says that after divorce his ex got all the assets and he got all the debts and his business. He never complained about this. From his point of view, his ex not only gave him two amazing kids  but also an opportunity to develop his business acumen and money making skills. Therefore, she left the marriage with the assets and kids and he got kids and skills to rebuild his assets fast. That was a fair deal.

The division of assets may sometimes benefit the woman more because she sacrificed developing her career to raise the kids.

If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:39 PM »

2) How is a woman cooking, cleaning and raising kids taking care of a man's needs?

You misread what I said. There is an "and" conjunction not "by" in the sentence.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »

I find it interesting that you as a professed AW follow and post on a Russian/FSU discussion forum about seeking, finding, dating/courting, marrying and living with a Russian/FSU Lady.

Although I was born in Russia, I consider myself an AW and proud of it. Posting on this forum is a relic for me.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2016, 12:59:13 PM »

As evidenced by this thread, the MOB search unfortunately attracts mainly WM losers thinking that they are entitled to a subservient stepford wife that can be just thrown out without a penny after divorce, just by the virtue of wearing pants.

Yes, that is unfortunate. On the positive side, some women  still manage to find good husbands on the international dating sites. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »
A woman who has some wisdom, knows that after 25, each year her value "in the marketplace" declines. 

I don't think that is accurate in the west.  The average age of marriage for college educated women in the US is 27.  It is even higher in other countries.  Relatively few WW who wish to marry remain single.
A woman with children who is divorced, in the FSU is seen mostly as a plaything for bed and not a woman to be serious about. 

No, that is not quite accurate.  It was more about raising (or more accurately, supporting) another man's children. 

As divorce has increased, even this attitude is changing.
Increasingly in the USA, this is also the view.

I highly doubt that.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:15:18 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
This thread is a hoot!

Good to see some of the ol' gang posting.  Turbo displays his keen sense of dry wit.  And VWRW shows how to condense a diversified discussion to the heart of the matter, a valuable and uncommon skill to possess in business. 

Offline vwrw

« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
I am glad to see you weigh in on this thread.  You have always been one of the nicest posters on here.  I don't think men really want a woman to starve or to be skinny per se, but I do think most men feel their wives stop putting effort into maintaining their appearance after marriage.  I have with my own eyes seen many women who after a divorce;  lost  a lot of weight, bought new clothes, changed their hair and started to wear more make up.  These women began to date and knew they needed to impress a prospective suitor.  I think most men just can't understand why the woman couldn't put that same effort into their marriage.

Anyway, I certainly don't want to argue with you.  I think like every issue, the facts are somewhere in the middle and the devil is in the details.

Thank you for your kind words :) . Yes, some women go through that kind of transitions, and so do men.  Well, maybe men do not wear more makeup after their divorce  :) But still many men also stop making efforts to impress their wives at some point in their relationships.

There are only 24 hours in a day. Many women work as much as men do and then they come home and perform 75% of the domestic choices and  a kids raising. In the end, they probably are so exhausted and have no motivation to  make themselves pretty.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2016, 01:36:34 PM »

Thank you for your kind words :) . Yes, some women go through that kind of transitions, and so do men.  Well, maybe men do not wear more makeup after their divorce  :) But still many men also stop making efforts to impress their wives at some point in their relationships.

There are only 24 hours in a day. Many women work as much as men do and then they come home and perform 75% of the domestic choices and  a kids raising. In the end, they probably are so exhausted and have no motivation to  make themselves pretty.

I won't take offense except for pointing out that my grandmother raised 9 kids and didn't have the same conveniences women of today have and was still careful with her weight.

There is absolutely no chance that any AW of the social class we are talking about,  work anywhere near as hard as she did.

You've certainly learned how to sound exactly like an AW with that sort of excuse making.   Congratulations I guess?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
I would hazard a guess your Grandmother farmed?

Life is very different now.  Even the way children are raised is different.  Parents probably spend a lot more time with their children now than they did in those farming days.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »

Your point about exhaustion is valid.  Sadly the amount of time on the job it takes for most families to pay the bills, likely contributes greatly.  Also I agree the problem is not confined just to women.  Many of my male friends have packed on a huge "beer" belly after they were married a few years. 

I wish you well, and you deserved those kind words.  It is nice to see someone on here who speaks kindly and thoughtfully without an argumentative tone. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »

Sign of the times.  Sounds like they need to vote for Trump, if they can make the time.   

For the liberals:    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:13:41 PM by Gator »

Offline vwrw

« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
Here is my response to all guys that insist that RW keep their beauty better than AW do. This pic was taken during a co-workers reunion party. I am in a black dress. These are some of my ex co-workers from Russia. Since I was working in gambling business, there was an appearance requirement. A woman had to be good looking to be hired. First time I applied for the job, I was rejected because I was not thin enough. All these ladies were  between size 0 and 4 in their 20s. Now they are in late 30 and early 40s.

Offline Gator

« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »

No, that is not quite accurate.  It was more about raising (or more accurately, supporting) another man's children. 

My wife never experienced such.  She had choices of successful RM, who took responsibility for raising her young child.  Two marriages ended, but for startling reasons one could write a book about, having to do with the Wild West turmoil of new Russia.  She even had RM choices surrounding our "off and on" relationship, which made it difficult for me to convince her to move away from her beloved Russia.   

There are a million stories.    I believe most of her divorced friends living in Russia have a serious, loving man, one younger than the woman.  One friend did not have a man for 16 years, not by choice.  At age 60, she found the love of her life and now behaves like a teenager. 

My two cents:  RW are prideful.  Any man who strives for a hierarchical marriage or who considers himself an entitled white knight, will probably fail. 

Offline GatoMoon

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2016, 02:07:44 PM »
The question you should be asking me,  why I have stopped looking for FSU Women? !!!

Russian women are time wasters, gold diggers, materialistic, prostitutes ......  so why should I keep on looking for them ?!!!

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2016, 02:11:13 PM »
Sign of the times.  Sounds like they need to vote for Trump, if they can make the time.
??? Is Trump going to expand the day to 30 hours or make a law requiring women to have time during the day to make themselves pretty?
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Gator

« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
??? Is Trump going to expand the day to 30 hours or make a law requiring women to have time during the day to make themselves pretty?

Not here please Mr. Liberal; we have another thread to stand atop the soapbox.   

Please excuse me for making light of political economics.  I returned to my post and inserted three big ROFLs.

Offline Gator

« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2016, 02:18:13 PM »
The question you should be asking me,  why I have stopped looking for FSU Women? !!!

Russian women are time wasters, gold diggers, materialistic, prostitutes ......  so why should I keep on looking for them ?!!!

An interesting comment, and probably shared by many more men than those few who chose to marry a RW.

Any summary of why you had such experiences? 

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »

Nobody asked you but, gosh, thanks for that extremely valuable observation. I'm sure this news will be a great disappointment to RW everywhere.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:36:50 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline vwrw

« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Here is a great folktale for everyone to read.
The Two Travelers and the Farmer

North America

A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.

"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."

"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.

Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.

Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.

"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."

"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400