It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 109942 times)

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Not here please Mr. Liberal; we have another thread to stand atop the soapbox.   

Please excuse me for making light of political economics.  I returned to my post and inserted three big ROFLs.

I'm not on my soapbox, just didn't quite understand the connection.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »
Parents probably spend a lot more time with their children now than they did in those farming days.

I doubt that. Farmers made their kids spend lots of time with them in the fields or butchering animals. I know a guy who started work at 5 yo on the farm. Parents made all the kids work at a young age back in the old days. I've worked on farms in the 90's and see lots of kids next to their parents working 10+ hours a day.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2016, 02:29:52 PM »
I doubt that. Farmers made their kids spend lots of time with them in the fields or butchering animals. I know a guy who started work at 5 yo on the farm. Parents made all the kids work at a young age back in the old days. I've worked on farms in the 90's and see lots of kids next to their parents working 10+ hours a day.

My mother was raised on a ranch with 8 kids. Billy is right, parents spent much more time with their children back then. They worked together all day to keep the farm or ranch running.

No day care, less after school activities, wake up earlier for chores, even leave school early to help at times.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:49 PM »
Here is a great folktale for everyone to read.
The Two Travelers and the Farmer

North America

A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.

"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."

"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.

Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.

Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.

"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."

"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."
Very nice and very accurate in its message.

Offline Gator

« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Here is my response to all guys that insist that RW keep their beauty better than AW do. This pic was taken during a co-workers reunion party. I am in a black dress. These are some of my ex co-workers from Russia. Since I was working in gambling business, there was an appearance requirement. A woman had to be good looking to be hired. First time I applied for the job, I was rejected because I was not thin enough. All these ladies were  between size 0 and 4 in their 20s. Now they are in late 30 and early 40s.

Your friends look happy, some particularly so.  What are they doing today?  Please tell me that some are now managing the business.  [P. S. You look awesome as always]

In all my travels in Russia I saw few thin babushkas.  What happened to the slender dyevushkas?  Did they emigrate?  Or did genetics, metabolism, and maternal ways catch up? 

Nevertheless, I will say RW in general seem more concerned with their appearance than AW in general.  Millions of exceptions exist in a large population. 

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »

My husbands says that after divorce his ex got all the assets and he got all the debts and his business. He never complained about this. From his point of view, his ex not only gave him two amazing kids  but also an opportunity to develop his business acumen and money making skills. Therefore, she left the marriage with the assets and kids and he got kids and skills to rebuild his assets fast. That was a fair deal.

The division of assets may sometimes benefit the woman more because she sacrificed developing her career to raise the kids.
I agree with everything you said about your husband's characterization of his divorce and division of the stuff....it is a very good attitude he had/has.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

I don't think that is accurate in the west.  The average age of marriage for college educated women in the US is 27.  It is even higher in other countries.  Relatively few WW who wish to marry remain single.
No, that is not quite accurate.  It was more about raising (or more accurately, supporting) another man's children. 

As divorce has increased, even this attitude is changing.

I highly doubt that.

It is a "trickle" now, the few men who are pushing back significantly against being married, or who refuse to marry at all. The question is whether the trickle turns into a stream and then a flood, or not.  There are stats on the issue that can be interpreted different ways.  Time will tell.

"relatively few who wish to marry remain single" : that is the problem IMHO - AW are fat, dumb and happy in much the same way GM, Ford, and Chrysler were before the Japanese car makers showed up and destroyed their market share.  They figure that the good times will always last, so, they don't have to change. 

FSUW and for those who wish, Asian women are making serious inroads ... for now it is just a trickle however. 

Remember, women only "see" the top 20% of men as desirable.  If the high-value men start to defect to other choices (whether foreign or never-marry), though it might be only a few %age of the total men in USA, it would become noticeable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/new/ - 165K subscribers, up from 90K in the first months of 2015 when I bumped into them.  If it was a standalone site it would be considered a success. 
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
The number of AM seeking foreign women is not even a blip on the radar.  I doubt that will change.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »

My mother was raised on a ranch with 8 kids. Billy is right, parents spent much more time with their children back then. They worked together all day to keep the farm or ranch running.

No day care, less after school activities, wake up earlier for chores, even leave school early to help at times.

...i'd think most men on that ranch strenuously worked from predawn to dark too...

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »

Both my parents were raised on farms.  A lot of their chores were done independent of their parents, and all of their free time was spent outdoors, away from their parents.  That is very different from city kids today.  It is still the case on farms here, which is why there are more deaths and injuries of farm children than there are of kids in the city.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
No, that is not quite accurate.  It was more about raising (or more accurately, supporting) another man's children. 

My wife never experienced such.  She had choices of successful RM, who took responsibility for raising her young child.  Two marriages ended, but for startling reasons one could write a book about, having to do with the Wild West turmoil of new Russia.  She even had RM choices surrounding our "off and on" relationship, which made it difficult for me to convince her to move away from her beloved Russia.   

There are a million stories.    I believe most of her divorced friends living in Russia have a serious, loving man, one younger than the woman.  One friend did not have a man for 16 years, not by choice.  At age 60, she found the love of her life and now behaves like a teenager. 

My two cents:  RW are prideful.  Any man who strives for a hierarchical marriage or who considers himself an entitled white knight, will probably fail.

I knew women in the FSU who had children and remarried.  But it was not common.  I am referring to general societal attitudes.

My SIL left her alcoholic husband (from a "good" Russian family - his uncle was part of the nomenklatura, moved to Ukraine from Russia as Ukrainians were viewed with suspicion, particularly after Shelest) to return to her parents.  She left with nothing but the clothes on her back and those on her child.  Her husband had sold everything for alcohol, including all his own child's baby clothes.  He even took his own son from his baby carriage and settled him on the floor, leaving to sell the carriage.

She had many men chasing her, but had no interest in ever remarrying again.  Personally, I think she was so traumatized at the betrayal of her husband, she could never marry again.  But, that's speculation on my part.

One of the neighbours used to go to meet her as she was leaving work daily.  She was downright rude to him, but he was so taken with her, he showed up every day.  One day, one of her coworkers said "If you don't want that guy, can I have him?"  Sure, my SIL said.  "Come with me tomorrow, and I'll introduce you."  So, the next day, when they reached him, SIL made the introductions, and said "Now go get to know one another."  Eventually, that couple did marry.  My better half says he was always a good and decent guy, as was his brother.  The couple is still happily married, and the parents of two children.

Offline alex330

« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »
Both my parents were raised on farms.  A lot of their chores were done independent of their parents, and all of their free time was spent outdoors, away from their parents.  That is very different from city kids today.  It is still the case on farms here, which is why there are more deaths and injuries of farm children than there are of kids in the city.

Depends on the type of farm or ranch. And the child's age. Younger children can collect eggs before school without a parent. Teenagers tossing bales of hay or branding animals would be working with their father. Building a silo, barn, or fence all would need to work together.

Accidents happen on farms no matter what age.

Offline Gator

« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

My SIL left her alcoholic husband .......One of the neighbours used to go to meet her as she was leaving work daily.  She was downright rude to him, but he was so taken with her, he showed up every day.  One day, one of her coworkers said "If you don't want that guy, can I have him?"  Sure, my SIL said.  "Come with me tomorrow, and I'll introduce you."  So, the next day, when they reached him, SIL made the introductions, and said "Now go get to know one another."  Eventually, that couple did marry.  My better half says he was always a good and decent guy, as was his brother.  The couple is still happily married, and the parents of two children.

Interesting story.  SIL's inability to deal with her mental trauma made her miss out on part of life. 

My wife introduced me to fine young man working at the airport in an important job.  When on the plane, she tells me the story of how the man's father raised three children by himself after his alcoholic wife left him.  He too missed out on part of a happier life. 

There are a lot of good people and good stories from the FSU.  Men who visit only once or twice never have the opportunity to get to know the families residing in those apartment buildings.   

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »

You must not follow the news related to violence in Chicago.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2016, 03:49:03 PM »
I don't follow farm deaths in the US.  That is why I stipulated that my comparison was here (where I live). 

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »
You must not follow the news related to violence in Chicago.

Working on a farm can be dangerous.  There are lots of machines with moving parts and lots of things to fall off of.  However, there are a lot of places someone can live as Tiger Paws mentioned where just walking down the street can be more dangerous than working with some of that equipment on a farm.

Offline Noch1

« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2016, 02:19:18 AM »
Yes parents and kids spend more time together in 2016 LOL.
Headphones on, face stuck in phone, they might even be in the same run
as parents, unlikely but possible.

Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2016, 02:29:10 AM »
It is a "trickle" now, the few men who are pushing back significantly against being married, or who refuse to marry at all. The question is whether the trickle turns into a stream and then a flood, or not.  There are stats on the issue that can be interpreted different ways.  Time will tell.

"relatively few who wish to marry remain single" : that is the problem IMHO - AW are fat, dumb and happy in much the same way GM, Ford, and Chrysler were before the Japanese car makers showed up and destroyed their market share.  They figure that the good times will always last, so, they don't have to change. 

FSUW and for those who wish, Asian women are making serious inroads ... for now it is just a trickle however. 

Remember, women only "see" the top 20% of men as desirable.  If the high-value men start to defect to other choices (whether foreign or never-marry), though it might be only a few %age of the total men in USA, it would become noticeable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/new/ - 165K subscribers, up from 90K in the first months of 2015 when I bumped into them.  If it was a standalone site it would be considered a success.
+1
the top men have all good reasons to leave the US or European dating  market and aim asian, slavic or other women for LTR.
And it's more and more noticeable for the other men because you cannot MISS a cross cultural couple. Even if a russian or ukrainian women have the same skin than americans or europeans people the fact is that she is different and men start to be curious very quickly. After they ask themself, why not me?
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2016, 04:30:10 AM »
To be honest, if I were to get an RW I would try to moderate to a minimum the amount of western feminism she could be exposed to here in the UK.

Getting rid off the TV license & terrestrial TV and going instead for Apps internet based access would be the way forward for me I think. Just too much rampant feminazi content on terrestrial TV these day, particularly the BBC News like to slot in the feminist agenda and propaganda material to get women to act more like men and convince them they are being short changes, something is not right, or how they should be. Shame as other than that I generally like BBC News over the other news channels.

The type of workplace too if she were to work needs to be guarded against too as many unscrupulous feminists & gold diggers promote their activities to other women through work also.

Getting her preggers as soon as possible & watching thy neighbour is the way to go ;D 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2016, 05:20:52 AM »
Your friends look happy, some particularly so.  What are they doing today?  Please tell me that some are now managing the business.  [P. S. You look awesome as always]

In all my travels in Russia I saw few thin babushkas.  What happened to the slender dyevushkas?  Did they emigrate?  Or did genetics, metabolism, and maternal ways catch up? 

Nevertheless, I will say RW in general seem more concerned with their appearance than AW in general.  Millions of exceptions exist in a large population.

We did have a fun time during the party- dancing, wine. The pic was taken just before we were ready to go home. The happiest looking girls are those who rarely go out. The gambling business is prohibited now all over Russia with a few exceptions. The girls are all married, 4 are stay home moms and 2 are working.

I remember after my first trip to the US, people would ask me what were the things that particularly impressed me. The amount of attractive women in their 40s, 50s and older was an item on my impressions list. According to my experience, Russia has many good looking young ladies and the US has many good looking older ladies. My theory is that if they get divorced by 40 or 50, AW put themselves back into good shape and go enjoy their single life and dating again; whereas, RW in the age category do not have a hope to date again and do not make enough efforts to make the transformation in their looks. However, that is just a guess.

I guess many men disagree that there are many attractive women in US because they do not go shopping often (if we exude grocery shopping and home improvement stores). Guys, go to a mall in a good neighborhood and you will see so many stunning, breathtaking women, your head will be spinning. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:22:59 AM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2016, 05:23:21 AM »
To be honest, if I were to get an RW I would try to moderate to a minimum the amount of western feminism she could be exposed to here in the UK.

Getting rid off the TV license & terrestrial TV and going instead for Apps internet based access would be the way forward for me I think. Just too much rampant feminazi content on terrestrial TV these day, particularly the BBC News like to slot in the feminist agenda and propaganda material to get women to act more like men and convince them they are being short changes, something is not right, or how they should be. Shame as other than that I generally like BBC News over the other news channels.

The type of workplace too if she were to work needs to be guarded against too as many unscrupulous feminists & gold diggers promote their activities to other women through work also.

Getting her preggers as soon as possible & watching thy neighbour is the way to go ;D

:puke:
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2016, 05:36:58 AM »

Trenchcoat, do you plan on discussing these plans prior to marriage?

Offline BC

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »

Trenchcoat, do you plan on discussing these plans prior to marriage?

Indeed..  IMHO borders on spousal abuse.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2016, 05:51:11 AM »

Trench-

If your going to marry a foreign girl and bring her back home, she's going to become acculturated no matter how hard you try to seclude her. Seems to me you may be lacking confidence, are a tad controlling and maybe RW aren't for you.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2016, 06:05:04 AM »
Feminism-

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott