It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Strange situation...  (Read 4687 times)

Offline iceshaft07

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Strange situation...
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
Hey everyone!

So, I met my beloved Olya on AnastasiaDate.com. I properly filed my end of the paperwork. I repeatedly asked her for her information over chat, and she never provided it to me. At the time, I thought she was a fraudulent woman.

At the time, I also learned that AnastasiaDate.com was a potentially fraudulant website. But Olya had sent me enough messages that she seemed real.

So, I told her I was leaving the website for a free one. I put the hammer down hard and told her that I signed my documents and I did not understand why she was not providing me with her skype information.

She did not provide me her information. However, she did provide me with her friend's information on facebook, so I could find her. (I also learned that AnastasiaDate.com was not translating the messages, and she was having friends do the translation for her).

And I did. And we have been talking since, and things have been going very well now that AnastasiaDate is out of the picture.

I later learned, that AnastasiaDate.com only allows contact information to be shared over one of their $70 phone calls 10 minute phone calls.

I learned this after she deleted her account (just as I was starting to get serious with her). And shortly after, I deleted mine.

Here's the problem. Part of the K-1 filing process states that if we met through an IMB, we must provide the consent form the IMB received from Olya. However, this form doesn't exist.

I'm at a loss. I don't want to lie on any forms, but I don't know how to handle this.

I mean, do I say that we met through her friend, Anna? Or do I say that we met through the IMB? Should I contact AnastasiaDate.com? Should I try to file the K-1 and claim that the document doesn't exist?

What are your thoughts?

Side note... I plan to meet Olya for the first time in 1 month. I am starting to get documents together just in case :-).

Thanks!
-Rob

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Strange situation...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »

Here's the problem. Part of the K-1 filing process states that if we met through an IMB, we must provide the consent form the IMB received from Olya. However, this form doesn't exist.

I'm at a loss. I don't want to lie on any forms, but I don't know how to handle this.

I mean, do I say that we met through her friend, Anna? Or do I say that we met through the IMB? Should I contact AnastasiaDate.com? Should I try to file the K-1 and claim that the document doesn't exist?

What are your thoughts?

Side note... I plan to meet Olya for the first time in 1 month. I am starting to get documents together just in case :-).

Well Iceshaft...it sounds to me like you still haven't actually met your woman.  It also sounds to me like it is her friend that finally actually put you in a position to meet her in person.  Anastasia stonewalled you through bs emails with restrictions.....if it were me, I'd forget all about them since it was the friend that made it possible for you two to potentially meet.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »
iceshaft,

seriously, you should not be filling in any visa application forms etc if you still have not met in person and spent planty of time together

you need to look at this in a proper perspective, , if your serious you will slow this right down and go back to basics, let the relationship grow if it will, meet her , spend time with her , ''know ''her,

you are not at the right place to be doing visa applications ,

continue as you are at your peril imho

i dont mean to offend , just my opinion

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Oh, what the hell. I might just be offensive.

Are you stoopid?

First, how do you know this is a real person? You haven't met yet. And don't bullshit yourself with this Facebook garbage.

Second, I've seen many guys who have made the same mistake because they are chasing a wet dream. The picture you fell in lust is probably of some hot number that if she lived in your neighborhood would never say hi to you.

Finally, you sound desperate and desperate men are the ones who are fleeced big time and then come to forums like these yelling SCAMMER!!!

Now, do this. Take a very cold shower. Cool your heels. Think with the head that receives the most blood. You know, the one that has a brain. Drop the K-1 stuff until you two have met and she does not take you on a shopping spree when you get there or lock you in your apartment for a whole day while she takes your money and has fun with her real boyfriend.

Clear now?

Trust me, that was tame.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Ade

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 02:51:00 AM »
LOL

If this woman is who she says she is, then I'm not surprised she was a little reticent about giving up "her information" to some loon talking about getting married before they'd even met.

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:27:07 AM »
LOL

If this woman is who she says she is, then I'm not surprised she was a little reticent about giving up "her information" to some loon talking about getting married before they'd even met.

100% agree.

Iceshaft,  my following comments  are based on the doubtful assumption that Olya is sincere.

I commend you for bypassing the Anastasia site and communicating directly with Olya.  OTOH, I chastise you for  your reckless pace when you should be moving forward at a steady yet cautious pace.

SLOW DOWN!   Do you have the time (and money) to make a few trips to visit Olya before deciding about marriage?

Frankly, you come across as someone who does not know women very well, or you are smitten simply because Olya is a "10" and you date only 4's and 5's.   Men in such situations typically get scammed by insincere women.

You wrote "...we have been talking since [Anastasia]..." yet you mentioned earlier that your [Anastasia] letters required translation.  Do you need translation now? 

So what is the level of communication between the two of you?  Have you asked her those serious questions necessary to assess compatibility?  BTW, unless you are talking via Skype, you are not talking. 

Remember, Olya must convince the consulate during her interview that your planned marriage is genuine.   

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »

Did you actually ask the IMB to provide you with this form?

If government ask you to supply a document that you are unable to supply by any reason, just explain this fact in a separate letter stating that you asked them for this form but they failed to react to your request, or whatever they answer you, and file with your visa application.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 07:15:27 AM »
Look at the bright side, you haven't lost any money by sending her $thousands !!
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 09:47:07 AM »
The only form that she needs to sign is the G-325 for her. You need a lot of photographs of both of you together. She needs to have the international passport.

You would need to provide a lot more information about both of you before anyone should tell you what to do.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
-Rob

I didn't quote anything else of substance!!! ;)

Seriously...I doubt if Anastasia is a IMB.....how else do you get contact info/send via high priced phone call or flower delivery....where NO forms are filled out????? :rolleyes: Rob, there is so much inaccurate things in your post...ie; 'what I learned'....it is 'what you were told'!!!!

To pick up on Muzh......dude where are you going driving recklessly?? Filling out forms for someone you have never met??? What's next...your bringing an engagement ring also??? :cluebat:

Tell you what....you can exchange info in chat with girl....but only if she is WILLING.....and you 'slip' it in. And a Skype name is probably the easiest thing to exchange....ie: 'slip' in.

In another month.....you will hopefully meet your beloved Olya, try to be civil and just enjoy your company...you , olya and your terp. And on your first meeting, leave the pen and paperwork in the apt. And I DO wish you have a wonderful time?? :)
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 12:41:24 AM »
Thought i would add a recent experience my mate had.
He met this very attractive girl online from Ukraine.
A lot of emails back and forth. He was asking my opinion due my my relationship with my russian fiance. I just said if she is genuine and a good person that it will develop slowly and if there is any talk of money, money for visa, uncle who can get visa quickly it was a potential scam. Un-beknowns to me It was decided between them that they would meet and she would come on a tourist visa to Australia. $4000 later after he sent $500 for passport, then $2000 for ticket then $1500 as "she was stopped at the airport and had to pay off a loan before immigration would let her leave" he contacted me and asked what i thought. He was probably writing to a guy in a internet chat room and NEVER heard from her again. I am not saying that this is the case but such early talk of visas etc rings bells for me. Just thought i would share this.

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »
Sounds like things are going well. Forget about what these guys here say about the process. Go ahead and get the paperwork ready. I'm sure things will work out in the long run.  If you meet it might be better but at the end of the day you just need to get married a quick as possible. I personally don't see anything that could go wrong in your endeavor.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »
Sounds like things are going well. Forget about what these guys here say about the process. Go ahead and get the paperwork ready. I'm sure things will work out in the long run.  If you meet it might be better but at the end of the day you just need to get married a quick as possible. I personally don't see anything that could go wrong in your endeavor.

:ROFL:

C'mon Greg, he may think you are serious.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
:ROFL:

C'mon Greg, he may think you are serious.

You mean - he's NOT:cluebat:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958